• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:27
CEST 20:27
KST 03:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10059 users

Larva's Open Letter to Fans and Zotac Players - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
thinkinger
Profile Joined December 2017
21 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-06 20:25:21
December 06 2017 19:12 GMT
#81
On December 07 2017 01:55 jinjin5000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2017 00:07 kissayumi wrote:
On December 06 2017 16:43 jinjin5000 wrote:
Anyways, if you guys don't quite understand why Chinese are outraged, its the mindset of "Humiliate a countryman, spit on entire nation". This mindset is common in Asia, especially japan/korea/China, but china has sheer amount of number despite the whole firewall stuff

If small off comment that may be remotely negative on china on YouTube channel run by a white dude can spark outrage from thousands of Chinese, with tons of websites running article "white person talks shit on china", imagine what THIS did.

If you want to know more about it, I suggest you watch channel: ADVchina. Amazing YouTube channel who speaks without any qualms about China and living there. They cover this topic often. Give this video a watch.




Lol I don't know why you always want to emphasis this thing to a national level while actually it is not. Tell me in what other sport you can do such bad activity without a punishment and long suspend. So you think show that BM to your opponent is normal? Show match? Did you see players in Barcelona do that kind of thing during their friendly match? Did you see the same thing happen when any NBA team is in their global show match? Did you see the same thing happen when Chinese Pingpong player in a large lead? No you didn't and you will not because it is a normal rule that you SHOULD respect your opponent. You always mention "Chinese" is over reacting, is it true? I feel you are more excited because it is you not other people take legend as a representative of "Chinese" and you are imaging Larva is fooling "CHINESE player" and makes you excited. This is no good and not funny. And do not pretend to know China well and trying to sell your bias view. Again, stop making this thing "national".


You dont see the irony in your own words, do you?

Let me preface this that while I thought what Larva did was hilarious, it was 100% out of line if the other party was hurt by it. I felt bit uncomfortable during the celebrations and BM and thought it was bit of bad taste, and legend has 100% right to be livid by the behavior if he wasn't aware of this happening beforehand. But I am not talking about Legend, I am talking about this whole phenomenon of race wars spilling over in multiple forums of multiple languages including TeamLiquid with sole purpose of defending a country's honor over a single hurt player.

Seems like nationalism more than others factors to me. I lived in Korea and they did same thing. I see my asian friends from China/Korea/Japan do the same thing. I grew up being taught that this sort of behavior was right and along lines of "you represent your country's reputation when you go overseas" sort of mentality. Has to be that.

Its not political really, its just inherent part of our culture that tends to sway that way. This is of foreign concept to most westerners who may not understand this. As a person who spent childhood in Korea before moving to US, I could see that this kind of concept may be foreign to those of non-asian origin.

I am not trying to attack China. I am trying to explain to unfamiliar people why this issue became so big. Hell, if you look at larva's forum pages, its filled with koreans and Chinese telling each other to kill themselves and being in middle of huge flame race war. Why did this start? Its because of our culture really. Larva, who represented Korea, dissed on Chinese player, who represented China, and that pissed off many people on internet, as fellow countryman got insulted, and by proxy, the nation was shamed.

Would this sort of reaction have happened if it was a non-asian player? I highly doubt it.
Did this happen when Larva taunted Sea and when he BM'd against other Koreans while he was streaming? Nope.
Would it have had happened if it was Chinese player doing it to Korean? Hell yea.
Japanese player doing it to Korean/Chinese? Yup.
A non asian-player doing it to Chinese/Korean/Japanese? Oh yes.

This mentality of "insult a fellow countrymen, and you insult our entire nation" mentality isn't a widespread idea in the west. Even in more nationalistic western countries, its not as extreme as it is in our nations.

Because of this, this concept may not make sense to a lot of westerners, but that video does perfectly well to explain that sort of mentality.

Ask yourself this: Would non-asians have this sort of huge reaction if a player from their own nationality got humiliated?

It is funny that you are the only person who brought up this nationalism thing and used it to attack people from another country.

Is it really nationalism? It is very simple: would Chinese people be angry if LX did the same thing to PJ in a nationally broadcasted match? Of course, even LX's fans wouldn't accept it, and he would've basically ruined himself because nobody would play him anymore or respect him any more.


zeonmx
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States111 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-06 20:35:23
December 06 2017 20:27 GMT
#82
On December 07 2017 04:12 thinkinger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2017 01:55 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 07 2017 00:07 kissayumi wrote:
On December 06 2017 16:43 jinjin5000 wrote:
Anyways, if you guys don't quite understand why Chinese are outraged, its the mindset of "Humiliate a countryman, spit on entire nation". This mindset is common in Asia, especially japan/korea/China, but china has sheer amount of number despite the whole firewall stuff

If small off comment that may be remotely negative on china on YouTube channel run by a white dude can spark outrage from thousands of Chinese, with tons of websites running article "white person talks shit on china", imagine what THIS did.

If you want to know more about it, I suggest you watch channel: ADVchina. Amazing YouTube channel who speaks without any qualms about China and living there. They cover this topic often. Give this video a watch.

https://youtu.be/ez3SaiulaHM



Lol I don't know why you always want to emphasis this thing to a national level while actually it is not. Tell me in what other sport you can do such bad activity without a punishment and long suspend. So you think show that BM to your opponent is normal? Show match? Did you see players in Barcelona do that kind of thing during their friendly match? Did you see the same thing happen when any NBA team is in their global show match? Did you see the same thing happen when Chinese Pingpong player in a large lead? No you didn't and you will not because it is a normal rule that you SHOULD respect your opponent. You always mention "Chinese" is over reacting, is it true? I feel you are more excited because it is you not other people take legend as a representative of "Chinese" and you are imaging Larva is fooling "CHINESE player" and makes you excited. This is no good and not funny. And do not pretend to know China well and trying to sell your bias view. Again, stop making this thing "national".


You dont see the irony in your own words, do you?

Let me preface this that while I thought what Larva did was hilarious, it was 100% out of line if the other party was hurt by it. I felt bit uncomfortable during the celebrations and BM and thought it was bit of bad taste, and legend has 100% right to be livid by the behavior if he wasn't aware of this happening beforehand. But I am not talking about Legend, I am talking about this whole phenomenon of race wars spilling over in multiple forums of multiple languages including TeamLiquid with sole purpose of defending a country's honor over a single hurt player.

Seems like nationalism more than others factors to me. I lived in Korea and they did same thing. I see my asian friends from China/Korea/Japan do the same thing. I grew up being taught that this sort of behavior was right and along lines of "you represent your country's reputation when you go overseas" sort of mentality. Has to be that.

Its not political really, its just inherent part of our culture that tends to sway that way. This is of foreign concept to most westerners who may not understand this. As a person who spent childhood in Korea before moving to US, I could see that this kind of concept may be foreign to those of non-asian origin.

I am not trying to attack China. I am trying to explain to unfamiliar people why this issue became so big. Hell, if you look at larva's forum pages, its filled with koreans and Chinese telling each other to kill themselves and being in middle of huge flame race war. Why did this start? Its because of our culture really. Larva, who represented Korea, dissed on Chinese player, who represented China, and that pissed off many people on internet, as fellow countryman got insulted, and by proxy, the nation was shamed.

Would this sort of reaction have happened if it was a non-asian player? I highly doubt it.
Did this happen when Larva taunted Sea and when he BM'd against other Koreans while he was streaming? Nope.
Would it have had happened if it was Chinese player doing it to Korean? Hell yea.
Japanese player doing it to Korean/Chinese? Yup.
A non asian-player doing it to Chinese/Korean/Japanese? Oh yes.

This mentality of "insult a fellow countrymen, and you insult our entire nation" mentality isn't a widespread idea in the west. Even in more nationalistic western countries, its not as extreme as it is in our nations.

Because of this, this concept may not make sense to a lot of westerners, but that video does perfectly well to explain that sort of mentality.

Ask yourself this: Would non-asians have this sort of huge reaction if a player from their own nationality got humiliated?

It is funny that you are the only person who brought up this nationalism thing and used it to attack people from a country

Then maybe China shouldn’t bring nationalism into an incident that has nothing to do with it? The fact that this is getting Chinese National headline from bunch of state controlled articles and Chinese netizens getting outraged is because the person who did the bm was Korean and not a white foreign player.
thinkinger
Profile Joined December 2017
21 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-06 21:30:25
December 06 2017 20:38 GMT
#83
On December 07 2017 05:27 zeonmx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2017 04:12 thinkinger wrote:
On December 07 2017 01:55 jinjin5000 wrote:
On December 07 2017 00:07 kissayumi wrote:
On December 06 2017 16:43 jinjin5000 wrote:
Anyways, if you guys don't quite understand why Chinese are outraged, its the mindset of "Humiliate a countryman, spit on entire nation". This mindset is common in Asia, especially japan/korea/China, but china has sheer amount of number despite the whole firewall stuff

If small off comment that may be remotely negative on china on YouTube channel run by a white dude can spark outrage from thousands of Chinese, with tons of websites running article "white person talks shit on china", imagine what THIS did.

If you want to know more about it, I suggest you watch channel: ADVchina. Amazing YouTube channel who speaks without any qualms about China and living there. They cover this topic often. Give this video a watch.

https://youtu.be/ez3SaiulaHM



Lol I don't know why you always want to emphasis this thing to a national level while actually it is not. Tell me in what other sport you can do such bad activity without a punishment and long suspend. So you think show that BM to your opponent is normal? Show match? Did you see players in Barcelona do that kind of thing during their friendly match? Did you see the same thing happen when any NBA team is in their global show match? Did you see the same thing happen when Chinese Pingpong player in a large lead? No you didn't and you will not because it is a normal rule that you SHOULD respect your opponent. You always mention "Chinese" is over reacting, is it true? I feel you are more excited because it is you not other people take legend as a representative of "Chinese" and you are imaging Larva is fooling "CHINESE player" and makes you excited. This is no good and not funny. And do not pretend to know China well and trying to sell your bias view. Again, stop making this thing "national".


You dont see the irony in your own words, do you?

Let me preface this that while I thought what Larva did was hilarious, it was 100% out of line if the other party was hurt by it. I felt bit uncomfortable during the celebrations and BM and thought it was bit of bad taste, and legend has 100% right to be livid by the behavior if he wasn't aware of this happening beforehand. But I am not talking about Legend, I am talking about this whole phenomenon of race wars spilling over in multiple forums of multiple languages including TeamLiquid with sole purpose of defending a country's honor over a single hurt player.

Seems like nationalism more than others factors to me. I lived in Korea and they did same thing. I see my asian friends from China/Korea/Japan do the same thing. I grew up being taught that this sort of behavior was right and along lines of "you represent your country's reputation when you go overseas" sort of mentality. Has to be that.

Its not political really, its just inherent part of our culture that tends to sway that way. This is of foreign concept to most westerners who may not understand this. As a person who spent childhood in Korea before moving to US, I could see that this kind of concept may be foreign to those of non-asian origin.

I am not trying to attack China. I am trying to explain to unfamiliar people why this issue became so big. Hell, if you look at larva's forum pages, its filled with koreans and Chinese telling each other to kill themselves and being in middle of huge flame race war. Why did this start? Its because of our culture really. Larva, who represented Korea, dissed on Chinese player, who represented China, and that pissed off many people on internet, as fellow countryman got insulted, and by proxy, the nation was shamed.

Would this sort of reaction have happened if it was a non-asian player? I highly doubt it.
Did this happen when Larva taunted Sea and when he BM'd against other Koreans while he was streaming? Nope.
Would it have had happened if it was Chinese player doing it to Korean? Hell yea.
Japanese player doing it to Korean/Chinese? Yup.
A non asian-player doing it to Chinese/Korean/Japanese? Oh yes.

This mentality of "insult a fellow countrymen, and you insult our entire nation" mentality isn't a widespread idea in the west. Even in more nationalistic western countries, its not as extreme as it is in our nations.

Because of this, this concept may not make sense to a lot of westerners, but that video does perfectly well to explain that sort of mentality.

Ask yourself this: Would non-asians have this sort of huge reaction if a player from their own nationality got humiliated?

It is funny that you are the only person who brought up this nationalism thing and used it to attack people from a country

Then maybe China shouldn’t bring nationalism into an incident that has nothing to do with it? The fact that this is getting Chinese National headline from bunch of state controlled articles and media is because the person who did the bm was Korean and not a white foreign player.


I didn't see a single post on this forum that a Chinese brought up nationalism into this incident.

You must be kidding - of course Chinese media wouldn't make it headline if nobody cares about it. It is because it happened to LX, otherwise who cares? Would Indian cricket games make the headline of New York Times? Is it because of nationalism?
thinkinger
Profile Joined December 2017
21 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-06 20:58:41
December 06 2017 20:58 GMT
#84
I believe some people here way overestimated the "impact" of this incident in China. No, it didn't make any headline of major media in China. Very few people really followed or cared about the few online media reports. BW is essentially a dead game in China, that is sad, but it is the truth. Maybe some Chinese like to bring up nationalism, but not this time. Why? Who would care about a game if almost nobody plays it?
kissayumi
Profile Joined August 2006
China6 Posts
December 06 2017 22:49 GMT
#85
On December 07 2017 01:55 jinjin5000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2017 00:07 kissayumi wrote:
On December 06 2017 16:43 jinjin5000 wrote:
Anyways, if you guys don't quite understand why Chinese are outraged, its the mindset of "Humiliate a countryman, spit on entire nation". This mindset is common in Asia, especially japan/korea/China, but china has sheer amount of number despite the whole firewall stuff

If small off comment that may be remotely negative on china on YouTube channel run by a white dude can spark outrage from thousands of Chinese, with tons of websites running article "white person talks shit on china", imagine what THIS did.

If you want to know more about it, I suggest you watch channel: ADVchina. Amazing YouTube channel who speaks without any qualms about China and living there. They cover this topic often. Give this video a watch.

https://youtu.be/ez3SaiulaHM



Lol I don't know why you always want to emphasis this thing to a national level while actually it is not. Tell me in what other sport you can do such bad activity without a punishment and long suspend. So you think show that BM to your opponent is normal? Show match? Did you see players in Barcelona do that kind of thing during their friendly match? Did you see the same thing happen when any NBA team is in their global show match? Did you see the same thing happen when Chinese Pingpong player in a large lead? No you didn't and you will not because it is a normal rule that you SHOULD respect your opponent. You always mention "Chinese" is over reacting, is it true? I feel you are more excited because it is you not other people take legend as a representative of "Chinese" and you are imaging Larva is fooling "CHINESE player" and makes you excited. This is no good and not funny. And do not pretend to know China well and trying to sell your bias view. Again, stop making this thing "national".


You dont see the irony in your own words, do you?

Let me preface this that while I thought what Larva did was hilarious, it was 100% out of line if the other party was hurt by it. I felt bit uncomfortable during the celebrations and BM and thought it was bit of bad taste, and legend has 100% right to be livid by the behavior if he wasn't aware of this happening beforehand. But I am not talking about Legend, I am talking about this whole phenomenon of race wars spilling over in multiple forums of multiple languages including TeamLiquid with sole purpose of defending a country's honor over a single hurt player.

Seems like nationalism more than others factors to me. I lived in Korea and they did same thing. I see my asian friends from China/Korea/Japan do the same thing. I grew up being taught that this sort of behavior was right and along lines of "you represent your country's reputation when you go overseas" sort of mentality. Has to be that.

Its not political really, its just inherent part of our culture that tends to sway that way. This is of foreign concept to most westerners who may not understand this. As a person who spent childhood in Korea before moving to US, I could see that this kind of concept may be foreign to those of non-asian origin.

I am not trying to attack China. I am trying to explain to unfamiliar people why this issue became so big. Hell, if you look at larva's forum pages, its filled with koreans and Chinese telling each other to kill themselves and being in middle of huge flame race war. Why did this start? Its because of our culture really. Larva, who represented Korea, dissed on Chinese player, who represented China, and that pissed off many people on internet, as fellow countryman got insulted, and by proxy, the nation was shamed.

Would this sort of reaction have happened if it was a non-asian player? I highly doubt it.
Did this happen when Larva taunted Sea and when he BM'd against other Koreans while he was streaming? Nope.
Would it have had happened if it was Chinese player doing it to Korean? Hell yea.
Japanese player doing it to Korean/Chinese? Yup.
A non asian-player doing it to Chinese/Korean/Japanese? Oh yes.

This mentality of "insult a fellow countrymen, and you insult our entire nation" mentality isn't a widespread idea in the west. Even in more nationalistic western countries, its not as extreme as it is in our nations.

Because of this, this concept may not make sense to a lot of westerners, but that video does perfectly well to explain that sort of mentality.

Ask yourself this: Would non-asians have this sort of huge reaction if a player from their own nationality got humiliated?


My friend I have to say again that your understanding does not reflect the fact very well. You are describing it to be a national news in China but it is not. Who else will care the hell of a dead game, lol.

You see some fans from China discussing this thing on the forum or reddit, yes, but the reason is not "China is insulted". LX was one of the best SC players(he retired many years ago though) and he brought many good memories to the SC fans. Do you really think there will be no fan come out and complain if Grrr/Heaton/Grubby is insulted?

People are here because we love starcraft for many years, this fvcking dead game. We want to treat it more like a "sport" than just a game, we want players and fans of this game respect each other. C'mon this is such an old game and many fans are about (or already) to teach their son to play it. No one will expect this game to be like Snooker but stop showing your foot to your opponent just like you are still in primary school.

And answer to your last question, of course yes. So many football players are suspended because of doing gestures to fans. I watched many games or sports, SC/CS/WAR3/OW/FIFA, Soccer, Basketball, Tennis... it was the first time I saw this kind of activity can gain praises instead of punishment. If someone show his foot over the net to Federer, I bet he does not need to play tennis any more this life.

And I add here, if it is LX did the same thing to Larva, will fans cheer for that? No, they will blame him. Don't say that Larva's game skill is better so he can do that. When LX was in his golden age and joined SKT1, Larva was still in high school. You can insult your opponent because you have better game skill, is it correct thing?

Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
December 06 2017 23:56 GMT
#86
On December 07 2017 05:38 thinkinger wrote:
I didn't see a single post on this forum that a Chinese brought up nationalism into this incident.

You must be kidding - of course Chinese media wouldn't make it headline if nobody cares about it. It is because it happened to LX, otherwise who cares? Would Indian cricket games make the headline of New York Times? Is it because of nationalism?


Of course no Chinese person would say "I'm here because of 'nationalism'". But the very fact that these threads have been flooded by I'd say over a dozen new accounts just to comment on this one tiny incident is what makes people think nationalism. That, and the aggressive, confrontational tone of all these new posters. Flooding in here and demanding apologies and respect is a sure way to get neither.
s_k_911
Profile Joined August 2008
China363 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-07 12:57:20
December 07 2017 00:22 GMT
#87
On December 07 2017 00:16 FoR_BlueS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2017 19:08 s_k_911 wrote:
On December 06 2017 18:29 FoR_BlueS wrote:
To be honest, I am very impressed by Larva's social wisdom, not only is he a good BW player, he surely knows how to entertain his audience, 。。。 from both sides...


here is what I heard about the timestamp from lx and his friends and this forum。。。。a.


I donot think larva will do real apology to lx in privite not even in public.


I sponsored lots of game larva vs somepro. About two month ago,I sponsor larva vs someone,3/2,500balloons. I said to larva that I want to join game to and observer . Larva ignor what I said and start the game ,then he said 'sori" "sori" "I didnot see " .It looks like he didnot see my word.If true It is OK and I donot mind.But finally my friend (who speak korea language)told me that larva notice what I said ,larva talk in Korea language that he actually see what I said but still "ignor "me.
apm200 terran play for fun
s_k_911
Profile Joined August 2008
China363 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-07 01:15:32
December 07 2017 01:09 GMT
#88
Here is the larva's black history (a korea friend told me this yesterday)^_^:

Larva use to smoke and had bad manner in SKT1 although he was not even a adult.When lose to someone (elder than him),he start to talk shit. Once he was drinking alcohol and eating pig's foot, and SKT1 coach find him.Larva got punished by coach and he should upload 40 replays of practice everyday.Larva thought coach was busy and would never watch his replays.Then larva upload replays ( only 2-3mins lenth) to the coach.Coachs watched these replays and decide wash larva away.When the new zerg-practicor come,larva was fired.Larva beg but no use.

Larva then prepare to interview as zerg-practicor of CJ.But he wear SKT1 uniform for the interview.CJ coach said to him:"are you crazy""you will do crazy things in the future and we donot want cover your ass and will not hire you"Then no company want larva.
apm200 terran play for fun
SpringWind
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
China231 Posts
December 07 2017 01:10 GMT
#89
On December 06 2017 18:41 FoR_BlueS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2017 18:01 SpringWind wrote:
Football,skating and now e-sports,south korea play a shameful role anywhere XD.



To any and all Chinese posters on this thread, please do not escalate the discussion to nationalism and keep the discussion relevant to this incident. Unless you want to know who died in Death Note, if you haven't seen it yet that is...

LOL,are you threatening me?
The thing what larva did is totally nationalism.
sc19980331
Profile Joined March 2017
China1609 Posts
December 07 2017 01:54 GMT
#90
Just check Larva's latest post
http://m.afreecatv.com/dpfgc3/detail/0/28601962


“For in the end, he was trying to tell us what afflicted the people in 'Brave New World' was not that they were laughing instead of thinking, but that they did not know what they were laughing about and why they had stopped thinking.”

― Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business

TL+ Member
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-07 02:04:36
December 07 2017 02:04 GMT
#91



I donot think larva will do real apology to lx in privite not even in public.

I sponsored lots of game larva vs somepro. About two month ago,I sponsor larva vs someone,3/2,500balloons. I said to larva that I want to join game to and observer . Larva ignor what I said and start the game ,then he said 'sori" "sori" "I didnot see " .It looks like he didnot see my word.If true It is OK and I donot mind.But finally my friend (who speak korea language)told me that larva notice what I said ,larva talk in Korea language that he actually see what I said but still "ignor "me.


Do you really need to post same shit on every thread with double post?
sunbeams are never made like me...
FoR_BlueS
Profile Joined December 2017
New Zealand21 Posts
December 07 2017 02:30 GMT
#92
On December 07 2017 10:10 SpringWind wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2017 18:41 FoR_BlueS wrote:
On December 06 2017 18:01 SpringWind wrote:
Football,skating and now e-sports,south korea play a shameful role anywhere XD.



To any and all Chinese posters on this thread, please do not escalate the discussion to nationalism and keep the discussion relevant to this incident. Unless you want to know who died in Death Note, if you haven't seen it yet that is...

LOL,are you threatening me?
The thing what larva did is totally nationalism.


I will tell you who died in the Death Note anime to ruin one of the best TV shows ever for you . Just kidding, it was supposed to be a joke.
PM for games, NZ timezone. ICCUP rank TvP/PvT A- , between C/B for other matchups.
Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
December 07 2017 02:34 GMT
#93
On December 07 2017 10:54 sc19980331 wrote:
Just check Larva's latest post
http://m.afreecatv.com/dpfgc3/detail/0/28601962

Show nested quote +

“For in the end, he was trying to tell us what afflicted the people in 'Brave New World' was not that they were laughing instead of thinking, but that they did not know what they were laughing about and why they had stopped thinking.”

― Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business



Ah yes, it's proof that we live in a dystopia that anyone could laugh at someone playing StarCraft with his foot. The appropriate response to seeing that is obviously to stop and deeply think about the nature of public discourse.
CHEONSOYUN
Profile Joined August 2017
621 Posts
December 07 2017 03:41 GMT
#94
all these chinese posters are just foaming at the mouth trying to talk shit about larva while claiming it's totally not about being chinese, while claiming that larva shamed korea and that he shamed lx because he was chinese; but no, none of the 20 chinese posters here are doing this because lx is chinese, it's because he's cool.

yeah okay!!
JAEDONG...!!! EFFORT IS ANGRY. ZERG...?!
Yiome
Profile Joined February 2014
China1687 Posts
December 07 2017 03:44 GMT
#95
Love hate or whatever, this thing should be over soon and most people that are not interested with bw in the first place would forget and move on.

If anything, Larva's opinion shows that he thinks BW as a pro scene is becoming a scene in the past, what left is mostly streams and getting viewers, which suits his interests in the first place.

It is a bit sad really.
CHEONSOYUN
Profile Joined August 2017
621 Posts
December 07 2017 03:48 GMT
#96
On December 07 2017 12:44 Yiome wrote:
If anything, Larva's opinion shows that he thinks BW as a pro scene is becoming a scene in the past, what left is mostly streams and getting viewers, which suits his interests in the first place.

It is a bit sad really.


??? Where is this coming from

Man if FireBatHero in his samsung khan jacket pulled this on lx you people would still react the same.
JAEDONG...!!! EFFORT IS ANGRY. ZERG...?!
juvenal
Profile Joined July 2013
2448 Posts
December 07 2017 03:52 GMT
#97
On December 07 2017 11:04 outscar wrote:
Show nested quote +



I donot think larva will do real apology to lx in privite not even in public.

I sponsored lots of game larva vs somepro. About two month ago,I sponsor larva vs someone,3/2,500balloons. I said to larva that I want to join game to and observer . Larva ignor what I said and start the game ,then he said 'sori" "sori" "I didnot see " .It looks like he didnot see my word.If true It is OK and I donot mind.But finally my friend (who speak korea language)told me that larva notice what I said ,larva talk in Korea language that he actually see what I said but still "ignor "me.


Do you really need to post same shit on every thread with double post?

as opposed to your highly informative posts?
Michael Probu
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-07 04:04:57
December 07 2017 04:00 GMT
#98
On December 07 2017 12:52 juvenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2017 11:04 outscar wrote:



I donot think larva will do real apology to lx in privite not even in public.

I sponsored lots of game larva vs somepro. About two month ago,I sponsor larva vs someone,3/2,500balloons. I said to larva that I want to join game to and observer . Larva ignor what I said and start the game ,then he said 'sori" "sori" "I didnot see " .It looks like he didnot see my word.If true It is OK and I donot mind.But finally my friend (who speak korea language)told me that larva notice what I said ,larva talk in Korea language that he actually see what I said but still "ignor "me.


Do you really need to post same shit on every thread with double post?

as opposed to your highly informative posts?


What I posted twice or thrice? And what's not informative about my posts? I posted only Larva's stuns on Larva thread and after on merged thread on spoiler so ppl will get quick reference nothing else. Let's talk about your posts then. You posted like 4 times about he didn't apologizing on this thread. On other threads you constantly contradicting and trying to make what Larva did super bad. What you achieved? Nothing. Are you secretly chinese?
sunbeams are never made like me...
s_k_911
Profile Joined August 2008
China363 Posts
December 07 2017 04:04 GMT
#99
On December 07 2017 11:04 outscar wrote:
Show nested quote +



I donot think larva will do real apology to lx in privite not even in public.

I sponsored lots of game larva vs somepro. About two month ago,I sponsor larva vs someone,3/2,500balloons. I said to larva that I want to join game to and observer . Larva ignor what I said and start the game ,then he said 'sori" "sori" "I didnot see " .It looks like he didnot see my word.If true It is OK and I donot mind.But finally my friend (who speak korea language)told me that larva notice what I said ,larva talk in Korea language that he actually see what I said but still "ignor "me.


Do you really need to post same shit on every thread with double post?


yeah,it is larva's shit.
apm200 terran play for fun
s_k_911
Profile Joined August 2008
China363 Posts
December 07 2017 04:08 GMT
#100
On December 07 2017 13:04 s_k_911 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2017 11:04 outscar wrote:



I donot think larva will do real apology to lx in privite not even in public.

I sponsored lots of game larva vs somepro. About two month ago,I sponsor larva vs someone,3/2,500balloons. I said to larva that I want to join game to and observer . Larva ignor what I said and start the game ,then he said 'sori" "sori" "I didnot see " .It looks like he didnot see my word.If true It is OK and I donot mind.But finally my friend (who speak korea language)told me that larva notice what I said ,larva talk in Korea language that he actually see what I said but still "ignor "me.


Do you really need to post same shit on every thread with double post?


yeah,it is larva's shit.he should save it



User was temp banned for this post.
apm200 terran play for fun
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 829
SteadfastSC522
EnkiAlexander 92
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 522
UpATreeSC 155
BRAT_OK 58
PtitDrogo 51
JuggernautJason44
MindelVK 21
Codebar 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34872
Soulkey 278
BeSt 216
Dewaltoss 121
Mind 41
Trap 30
Killer 30
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 19
Dota 2
Dendi903
qojqva845
Counter-Strike
fl0m1235
Fnx 737
shoxiejesuss517
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King115
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2690
Khaldor1844
Liquid`Hasu620
Other Games
Grubby3357
ArmadaUGS1449
ceh9527
B2W.Neo492
byalli440
C9.Mang0148
KnowMe146
Chillindude136
QueenE100
Trikslyr44
Railgan21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• Adnapsc2 12
• Reevou 6
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• blackmanpl 21
• FirePhoenix14
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1045
Other Games
• imaqtpie1033
• Scarra414
• Shiphtur311
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 33m
OSC
18h 33m
Stellar Fest
18h 33m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.