• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:39
CEST 23:39
KST 06:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11404 users

Cal's All Star Montage - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
January 16 2007 20:20 GMT
#21
Wow these players are absolutely atrocious, and although I can't say that the players in the TL vs BGH lineup are our top tier members, I hope that for our own pride that we can win at that. I would participate but I simply don't have the time, otherwise I honestly would want to just completely dominate a fastest / BGH season just to settle the issue once and for all..
too easy
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
January 16 2007 21:45 GMT
#22
Cool video, those gosu money map players make it look extremely micro intensive! I browsed their website looking for a channel/server they play on but can't find it, and I still can't figure out why they play only vanilla. Talk about whacky!
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
January 16 2007 21:49 GMT
#23
On January 16 2007 20:28 VV wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2007 19:49 davidgurt wrote:
If those are the top SCD players, I really should start playing fastest again. -__-


One thing that people misjudge is by just looking at bwchart. In fastest, there is less micro required, at the same time more macro required. In general there is less apm required for fastest than non money.

Also, in fastest since there is more macro, a player cannot micro their units as much as in low money. So in general watching a replay of a money player, you might look at it and say "wow this kid sucks, he has no micro", but in fact he is massing at that time and making more units instead of microing to save units since you have unlimited minerals.

Most of these fastest players don't spam at all to get crazy apm's like non-money players do. Where they tell one unit to move and click 5 times for that, or hold hotkeys.

Its not easy for a non money player to beat a money player. Just by looking at bwchart, it doesn't show how good a player really is.

translation: in FMP you just need macro and low money map players have high apm cuz its all useless shit that we FMP people dont do cuz it takes precious attention away from our macro. we dont have high apm cuz low apm is cool and we're even cooler cuz we only macro cuz its harder than micro and macro at the same time
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
VV
Profile Joined January 2007
Canada3 Posts
January 16 2007 22:51 GMT
#24
stalife had close to 400 apm, but that wasn't the only point that I wanted to come across. Most people, the first thing that they do is open the replay with bwchart and judge, don't tell me they don't.
whatdoesthismean?
stalife
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada1222 Posts
January 17 2007 03:10 GMT
#25
main channel is cristal @ USEAST,. most ppl play nilla, if you want to play bw, then ask, some might not have bw or choose not to play bw. if you want fastest, you might want to check op parts USEAST, or clan alp or clan alp- im not sure which... gl
www.memoryexpress.com
skyglow1
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
New Zealand3962 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-17 03:37:00
January 17 2007 03:34 GMT
#26
On January 17 2007 07:51 VV wrote:
stalife had close to 400 apm, but that wasn't the only point that I wanted to come across. Most people, the first thing that they do is open the replay with bwchart and judge, don't tell me they don't.


I haven't heard of anyone who does that, I'm serious about this. Most people just open the replay and watch the games for themselves. BWChart can barely tell you anything, and the apm can be gotten from PP anyway.

Nice video btw, enjoyed it quite alot.
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
January 17 2007 05:47 GMT
#27
On January 16 2007 20:55 siro) wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2007 20:28 VV wrote:
On January 16 2007 19:49 davidgurt wrote:
If those are the top SCD players, I really should start playing fastest again. -__-


One thing that people misjudge is by just looking at bwchart. In fastest, there is less micro required, at the same time more macro required. In general there is less apm required for fastest than non money.

Also, in fastest since there is more macro, a player cannot micro their units as much as in low money. So in general watching a replay of a money player, you might look at it and say "wow this kid sucks, he has no micro", but in fact he is massing at that time and making more units instead of microing to save units since you have unlimited minerals.

Most of these fastest players don't spam at all to get crazy apm's like non-money players do. Where they tell one unit to move and click 5 times for that, or hold hotkeys.

Its not easy for a non money player to beat a money player. Just by looking at bwchart, it doesn't show how good a player really is.


#1 - Where did he say anything about BWChart, maybe he watched the game and saw a low skill level.
#2 - The whole idea of being faster (APM) is that you are quick enough to micro WHILE macro'ing.


We do both, Micro and Macro are a huge part of the game. If any of you can play in SCD and remain in the top 10 bracket Ill paypal you 50$. Thats how confident I am that you guys highly underrate us and couldn't touch the good players on this map without practice.
On January 16 2007 19:49 davidgurt wrote:
If those are the top SCD players, I really should start playing fastest again. -__-


Yeah and I really doubt you could take any of them. Especially if your judging it just from the montage.
http://www.starcraftdream.com
Cpt Obvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany3073 Posts
January 17 2007 06:11 GMT
#28
On January 17 2007 14:47 eNtitY~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2007 20:55 siro) wrote:
On January 16 2007 20:28 VV wrote:
On January 16 2007 19:49 davidgurt wrote:
If those are the top SCD players, I really should start playing fastest again. -__-


One thing that people misjudge is by just looking at bwchart. In fastest, there is less micro required, at the same time more macro required. In general there is less apm required for fastest than non money.

Also, in fastest since there is more macro, a player cannot micro their units as much as in low money. So in general watching a replay of a money player, you might look at it and say "wow this kid sucks, he has no micro", but in fact he is massing at that time and making more units instead of microing to save units since you have unlimited minerals.

Most of these fastest players don't spam at all to get crazy apm's like non-money players do. Where they tell one unit to move and click 5 times for that, or hold hotkeys.

Its not easy for a non money player to beat a money player. Just by looking at bwchart, it doesn't show how good a player really is.


#1 - Where did he say anything about BWChart, maybe he watched the game and saw a low skill level.
#2 - The whole idea of being faster (APM) is that you are quick enough to micro WHILE macro'ing.


We do both, Micro and Macro are a huge part of the game. If any of you can play in SCD and remain in the top 10 bracket Ill paypal you 50$. Thats how confident I am that you guys highly underrate us and couldn't touch the good players on this map without practice.
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2007 19:49 davidgurt wrote:
If those are the top SCD players, I really should start playing fastest again. -__-


Yeah and I really doubt you could take any of them. Especially if your judging it just from the montage.


i second that. FMP, though i don't play it, is not just "a low map with infinte money so you don't need to expand". there is a LOT more to it and a lot cheese strats that you would NEVER expect on low maps work incredibly well on fastest. and thats not nearly all thats to that map. you guys highly underestimate those fastest players!
Nobody ever reads signatures of people like me, do they?
skyglow1
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
New Zealand3962 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-17 06:27:07
January 17 2007 06:23 GMT
#29
On January 17 2007 14:47 eNtitY~ wrote:We do both, Micro and Macro are a huge part of the game. If any of you can play in SCD and remain in the top 10 bracket Ill paypal you 50$. Thats how confident I am that you guys highly underrate us and couldn't touch the good players on this map without practice.


I think some people here might actually be seriously considering that bet of 50 dollars hehe. Its obvious we would need practise as we don't know the builds/strats etc, but I'm sure many of the players here would be able to beat the top players after practise.

Also when you said "Micro and Macro are a huge part of the game" it is a contradiction to what VV said:

in fastest since there is more macro, a player cannot micro their units as much as in low money.


The point is that on fastest you can achieve the same amount of macro and micro that is in low money, as long as you have the apm to do it.
Physician *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4146 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-17 08:02:03
January 17 2007 07:34 GMT
#30
skyglow1 I agree with you, that both elements, decent macro & micro, are needed. I think he probably meant that in FMP your macro is more critical than your micro (meaning if you have poor macro your screwed) at least in the vast majority of FMP players; of course when 2 opponents start getting to boxer level everything starts becoming critical.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Anyway here goes my feedback & personal experience, which is small, with FMP.

FMP unlike BGH is quite different. If your not used to it it can seriously screw your timing and builds can be achieved much faster. The management of the "flow", i.e. you macro flow can be severely offset if your not used to it. FMP is actually pretty different than BGH and melee for these reasons.

I avoid FMP like the plague because of that, in fact the times I have played fastest, after coercion from friends, I have found after how impatient I get when I play "low money" melee games immediately after; that initially seem tedious compared to FMP. For the same reason if your a rush or cheese freak you can have a wonderful time at FMP.

FMP, though people also abuse tend to play the same maps, has at least more variation in map (i.e. where a different map will make a difference in game play) as opposed to BGH where they play the same map, over and over.

Having said all this I still think the golden path is regular, "low money", melee map playing; which how most of us start, and how ALL of us end up with. I been stubborn and avoided BGH, FMP and for that matter, USM, on principle only but I have paid a price for it, hours of wasted hours finding games. Sometimes I wonder if I did not miss out on everything StarCraft had to offer.
"I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...."
CoralReefer
Profile Joined June 2004
Canada2069 Posts
January 17 2007 08:41 GMT
#31
On January 17 2007 05:20 exalted wrote:
Wow these players are absolutely atrocious, and although I can't say that the players in the TL vs BGH lineup are our top tier members, I hope that for our own pride that we can win at that. I would participate but I simply don't have the time, otherwise I honestly would want to just completely dominate a fastest / BGH season just to settle the issue once and for all..


exalted, you severely underestimate BGH players.

there are a lot of bgh players that are better than you (especially on bgh, and x2 for team games)
And this hot potato has vanished into thin air.
davidgurt
Profile Joined September 2006
United States1355 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-17 08:49:32
January 17 2007 08:49 GMT
#32
On January 17 2007 14:47 eNtitY~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2007 20:55 siro) wrote:
On January 16 2007 20:28 VV wrote:
On January 16 2007 19:49 davidgurt wrote:
If those are the top SCD players, I really should start playing fastest again. -__-


One thing that people misjudge is by just looking at bwchart. In fastest, there is less micro required, at the same time more macro required. In general there is less apm required for fastest than non money.

Also, in fastest since there is more macro, a player cannot micro their units as much as in low money. So in general watching a replay of a money player, you might look at it and say "wow this kid sucks, he has no micro", but in fact he is massing at that time and making more units instead of microing to save units since you have unlimited minerals.

Most of these fastest players don't spam at all to get crazy apm's like non-money players do. Where they tell one unit to move and click 5 times for that, or hold hotkeys.

Its not easy for a non money player to beat a money player. Just by looking at bwchart, it doesn't show how good a player really is.


#1 - Where did he say anything about BWChart, maybe he watched the game and saw a low skill level.
#2 - The whole idea of being faster (APM) is that you are quick enough to micro WHILE macro'ing.


We do both, Micro and Macro are a huge part of the game. If any of you can play in SCD and remain in the top 10 bracket Ill paypal you 50$. Thats how confident I am that you guys highly underrate us and couldn't touch the good players on this map without practice.
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2007 19:49 davidgurt wrote:
If those are the top SCD players, I really should start playing fastest again. -__-


Yeah and I really doubt you could take any of them. Especially if your judging it just from the montage.


I can, and I have, pal. I used to play in vgtour before it got switched over to SCD. I've had enough experience with fastest communities and tournaments before to know how good some of these players are, especially since I've played with a handful of them.
There's crashing?
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-17 08:56:36
January 17 2007 08:55 GMT
#33
Thanks for the vid Physician, I'll go have a peek. Last one was terrible imho, hope this one is a bit better and entertaining .

And indd we already are one big community, we're just a bit fractured at times :p.

All this merging and co-op tournaments and news sharing is just awsome. Seriously hope it's a trend that will continue in the future, along with the bonding with the korean site, which mani had such a great interview with its owner.
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
XIII
Profile Joined September 2005
483 Posts
January 17 2007 19:26 GMT
#34
On January 16 2007 12:39 azndsh wrote:
Stacked probes ftw


how did he do that?
he attacked and probes were even stacked
Cpt Obvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany3073 Posts
January 17 2007 19:30 GMT
#35
On January 18 2007 04:26 XIII wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2007 12:39 azndsh wrote:
Stacked probes ftw


how did he do that?
he attacked and probes were even stacked


the only possibility i can imagine was that he re-stacked them during cooldown, via rightclicking them onto a geyser or sth in the direction they were pointing, then letting them attack again.
or it was just a coincidence and they remained stacked for some other wacky reason.
Nobody ever reads signatures of people like me, do they?
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
January 18 2007 00:07 GMT
#36
On January 17 2007 07:51 VV wrote:
stalife had close to 400 apm, but that wasn't the only point that I wanted to come across. Most people, the first thing that they do is open the replay with bwchart and judge, don't tell me they don't.

i dont even have bwchart
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
VV
Profile Joined January 2007
Canada3 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-01-18 06:27:03
January 18 2007 06:25 GMT
#37
On January 18 2007 04:30 Cpt Obvious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2007 04:26 XIII wrote:
On January 16 2007 12:39 azndsh wrote:
Stacked probes ftw


how did he do that?
he attacked and probes were even stacked


the only possibility i can imagine was that he re-stacked them during cooldown, via rightclicking them onto a geyser or sth in the direction they were pointing, then letting them attack again.
or it was just a coincidence and they remained stacked for some other wacky reason.


no... you can keep on stack attacking more than one target... all you have to do is hold shift and keep on targeting more units.
whatdoesthismean?
BalloonFight
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States2007 Posts
January 18 2007 06:36 GMT
#38
On January 17 2007 05:20 exalted wrote:
Wow these players are absolutely atrocious, and although I can't say that the players in the TL vs BGH lineup are our top tier members, I hope that for our own pride that we can win at that. I would participate but I simply don't have the time, otherwise I honestly would want to just completely dominate a fastest / BGH season just to settle the issue once and for all..


As Coral said, you are REALLY underestimating BGH players. I can't speak for the fastest community anymore, since I haven't played fastest competitively in a couple of years, but BGHer players at top level are definitely good.

I also guarantee that all of these players, in the montage, would beat you in a bo3 on fastest.
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 64
JuggernautJason54
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 596
firebathero 84
Zeus 65
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever371
League of Legends
JimRising 292
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS102
PPMD21
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5263
Liquid`Hasu1886
Other Games
summit1g6315
shahzam489
byalli363
C9.Mang0165
UpATreeSC75
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 21m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 21m
Stellar Fest
15h 21m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.