• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:55
CEST 19:55
KST 02:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8412 users

Boxer's biography - Crazy As Me - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
October 19 2012 02:31 GMT
#81
On October 19 2012 10:36 Dontkillme wrote:
Thought it was already fully translated 0_0. Guess I've got some more reading to it


it is fully translated, the link in this OP/thread isn't the full thing tho, someone uploaded a pdf here somewhere on TL and you can use archive sites like waybackmachine to find the old autobiography which was online in full
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Ecstatic
Profile Joined January 2011
United States160 Posts
February 15 2013 17:23 GMT
#82
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but it seems that the link for BoxeR's biography is down. I tried using the Waybackmachine searching for Crazy as Me but it didn't show up... Anyone have this still?
Flying Potato
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States77 Posts
February 15 2013 17:49 GMT
#83
http://web.archive.org/web/20110725083823/http://boxerbiography.blogspot.com/
Still have it bookmarked : - D
"Tommorow a stranger will say with masterly good sense precisely what we have thought and felt the whole time" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ecstatic
Profile Joined January 2011
United States160 Posts
February 15 2013 19:34 GMT
#84
On February 16 2013 02:49 Flying Potato wrote:
http://web.archive.org/web/20110725083823/http://boxerbiography.blogspot.com/
Still have it bookmarked : - D


Thanks man, much appreciated . Told a friend about this biography and was disappointed that the link went down.
traceurling
Profile Joined December 2012
United States1240 Posts
February 15 2013 22:36 GMT
#85
This was a really cool read quick question, is it an autobiography or a biography? Just curious...
"Appreciate the things you have before they become the things you had."
Flying Potato
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States77 Posts
February 15 2013 23:22 GMT
#86
On February 16 2013 07:36 traceurling wrote:
This was a really cool read quick question, is it an autobiography or a biography? Just curious...

A translated autobiography
"Tommorow a stranger will say with masterly good sense precisely what we have thought and felt the whole time" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
ihOpe
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
192 Posts
March 03 2013 22:28 GMT
#87
Well....these links no longer function. Bumping to request a re-translation pls?
terran hots stream ---> http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/iheartEDM
zlosynus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Czech Republic339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 07:57:18
July 13 2013 09:07 GMT
#88
I found this book recently and decided to typeset it nicely in Latex, so I can print it and read it. It might be useful also for others, to print or read in a book reader.

PDF file
source files

Feel free to write any comments, errors, so I can fix them. Also, if you would like to get some specific reformating (for A5 for instance), feel free to ask.

EDIT: Links updated for new version.
++++++++++++
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
July 13 2013 13:38 GMT
#89
SICK! Thank you so much, that's a lot of work. If I could, I would shower you with TL+. :D
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
zlosynus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Czech Republic339 Posts
July 16 2013 08:02 GMT
#90
I have read the entire book and I have uploaded a new version, with several typos fixed. I have also fixed some issues from the original translation.

Btw. this book is truly amazing. I started watching BW long after Boxer's era, and so it was very interesting for me to learn more about him. And his deep understanding of professional gaming is truly amazing, I absolutely love this quote from the book. If only all other progamers were thinking like this:

The most important thing is to win. But that was insufficient. ‘How he wins’ – that was what the fans expected. Though there are fans that simply come to watch me win, I had to think, ‘How will I win? With what strategy will I make a dramatic impression and win?’ Playing games with friends as a hobby and being a progamer are different. Obviously a progamer must play games well, but they must also play games that make it enjoyable for the people that are watching. A progamer does not hope to win through the mistakes of the opponent. Controlling the game with a strategy that I created, and winning with a scenario that I desired – that was the kind of victory that I hoped for.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
July 16 2013 08:56 GMT
#91
I think i'm gonna read it again.

Thank you
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
July 16 2013 10:48 GMT
#92
On July 16 2013 17:02 zlosynus wrote:
I have read the entire book and I have uploaded a new version, with several typos fixed. I have also fixed some issues from the original translation.

Btw. this book is truly amazing. I started watching BW long after Boxer's era, and so it was very interesting for me to learn more about him. And his deep understanding of professional gaming is truly amazing, I absolutely love this quote from the book. If only all other progamers were thinking like this:

Show nested quote +
The most important thing is to win. But that was insufficient. ‘How he wins’ – that was what the fans expected. Though there are fans that simply come to watch me win, I had to think, ‘How will I win? With what strategy will I make a dramatic impression and win?’ Playing games with friends as a hobby and being a progamer are different. Obviously a progamer must play games well, but they must also play games that make it enjoyable for the people that are watching. A progamer does not hope to win through the mistakes of the opponent. Controlling the game with a strategy that I created, and winning with a scenario that I desired – that was the kind of victory that I hoped for.

and then somebody like flash came and showed that boring strats can be one of the most powerfull and kept winning^^

this book is a masterwork on giving insight of a true king.
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Mutaller
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States1051 Posts
July 16 2013 16:45 GMT
#93
On July 13 2013 18:07 zlosynus wrote:
I found this book recently and decided to typeset it nicely in Latex, so I can print it and read it. It might be useful also for others, to print or read in a book reader.

PDF file
source files

Feel free to write any comments, errors, so I can fix them. Also, if you would like to get some specific reformating (for A5 for instance), feel free to ask.

EDIT: Links updated for new version.


zlosynus you are amazing thank you! Amazing bump
"To practice isn't for you to get better now in the present. Practice will never betray you and will always come back for you in the future." -Jaedong
Mutaller
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
United States1051 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-16 16:53:42
July 16 2013 16:46 GMT
#94
Deleted Duplicate.
"To practice isn't for you to get better now in the present. Practice will never betray you and will always come back for you in the future." -Jaedong
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
July 17 2013 05:52 GMT
#95
wow, you texed a whole book? damn that's a lot of effort thanks
Writer
TzaTzers
Profile Joined April 2009
United States589 Posts
July 17 2013 07:12 GMT
#96
Thank you! I was actually never able to finish reading this book, the link to the translated version got deleted.
"Why did the colossus fall over? because he was imbalanced..."
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
July 17 2013 09:50 GMT
#97
wow nice! out of curiosity, do you have the original korean version anywhere?
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
zlosynus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Czech Republic339 Posts
July 17 2013 10:02 GMT
#98
Thanks, I am glad you like it! My motivation to make this was to make it for myself, so I can read it; I hate reading from websites. (And it took me less than two days, so not so much time needed.) And when already finished, I am glad I can share it with other people. It would be very sad if this wonderful translation would be lost because the blog is non-existent.

Since I was just using the web translation from that blog, I don't have the Korean version, sadly.
Guilty
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada812 Posts
July 17 2013 11:27 GMT
#99
Really appreciate the effort. I think I'll give this a second read
"How hard could it be?" -J. Clarkson
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-17 12:18:10
July 17 2013 12:17 GMT
#100
edit: nevermind
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM805
TKL 278
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 805
ByuN 312
TKL 278
mouzHeroMarine 256
UpATreeSC 69
BRAT_OK 51
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18516
Calm 2953
Shuttle 1002
Horang2 450
Dewaltoss 142
Rush 91
Zeus 50
Free 43
sorry 29
Trap 21
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 20
scan(afreeca) 19
PianO 17
Rock 16
Bale 16
Aegong 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Sacsri 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi1286
League of Legends
KnowMe58
Counter-Strike
fl0m4462
pashabiceps954
x6flipin818
Fnx 635
edward30
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King80
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu0
Other Games
singsing1955
Grubby1786
Liquid`RaSZi1580
Beastyqt680
C9.Mang0281
crisheroes275
B2W.Neo234
IndyStarCraft 173
420jenkins168
dupreeh158
QueenE106
Trikslyr87
JuggernautJason16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH294
• EnkiAlexander 23
• Hinosc 11
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2804
• WagamamaTV563
League of Legends
• Nemesis3098
• TFBlade687
Other Games
• Shiphtur809
• imaqtpie571
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 6m
INu's Battles
17h 6m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 6m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.