• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:26
CEST 08:26
KST 15:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8853 users

[SSL] Round of 32 Preview - Welcome to 2014 - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
121 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
January 09 2014 07:17 GMT
#61
Zero said on other stream that Soulkey was better ie won more inhouse ranking tourneys and stuff.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
seom
Profile Joined January 2013
South Africa491 Posts
January 09 2014 07:17 GMT
#62
Hype!!! so excited for this.

Oh, Movie got this btw.
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
January 09 2014 07:51 GMT
#63
2 hours away!!!! HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
January 09 2014 08:11 GMT
#64
damn it terror rofl
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Dakkas
Profile Joined October 2010
2550 Posts
January 09 2014 08:25 GMT
#65
On January 09 2014 16:17 Harem wrote:
Zero said on other stream that Soulkey was better ie won more inhouse ranking tourneys and stuff.


In house training like that is funny, I recall an interview with a joint Jaedong/Bisu interview a while ago where Bisu kept encountering Jaedong's alt on iCup I believe. He was consistently losing to him and at that stage Bisu has won seven of the past eight televised matches against the Dong.

Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
January 09 2014 08:37 GMT
#66
Great article, like always.

Iam still confused when exactly the korean cast is. I am guessing it starts at 11:00 CET today(?)
JohnChoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
1773 Posts
January 09 2014 09:18 GMT
#67
On January 09 2014 17:25 Dakkas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 16:17 Harem wrote:
Zero said on other stream that Soulkey was better ie won more inhouse ranking tourneys and stuff.


In house training like that is funny, I recall an interview with a joint Jaedong/Bisu interview a while ago where Bisu kept encountering Jaedong's alt on iCup I believe. He was consistently losing to him and at that stage Bisu has won seven of the past eight televised matches against the Dong.


Playing ladder games !=In house training imo. Harem was referring to ranking tourneys which are usually round robin format where they go around and play everyone and the person with the most wins comes out on top. Zero said before that he used to be better but towards the end Soulkey was more consistently finishing first.
I really don't think its fair to count a lot of the towards the end of BW stats though. Teams tend to have their better players focus on what they believe is more important. A lot of different afreeca streamers said people like Flash and Jaedong were put on much more SC2 practice than BW. As a result their BW peformance suffered. Apparently, it was almost always like these Kwanro mentioned before that when PL still had 2v2s the team's best players would practice 1v1 because it was more important and the rest were put on 2v2 practice (with exceptions).
Filco
Profile Joined October 2013
France166 Posts
January 09 2014 09:34 GMT
#68
isnt it supposed to be live now??
Filco Channel on youtube for fpvs, replays, tutorials and thoughts on the game.
Dakkas
Profile Joined October 2010
2550 Posts
January 09 2014 09:58 GMT
#69
On January 09 2014 18:18 JohnChoi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 17:25 Dakkas wrote:
On January 09 2014 16:17 Harem wrote:
Zero said on other stream that Soulkey was better ie won more inhouse ranking tourneys and stuff.


In house training like that is funny, I recall an interview with a joint Jaedong/Bisu interview a while ago where Bisu kept encountering Jaedong's alt on iCup I believe. He was consistently losing to him and at that stage Bisu has won seven of the past eight televised matches against the Dong.


Playing ladder games !=In house training imo. Harem was referring to ranking tourneys which are usually round robin format where they go around and play everyone and the person with the most wins comes out on top. Zero said before that he used to be better but towards the end Soulkey was more consistently finishing first.
I really don't think its fair to count a lot of the towards the end of BW stats though. Teams tend to have their better players focus on what they believe is more important. A lot of different afreeca streamers said people like Flash and Jaedong were put on much more SC2 practice than BW. As a result their BW peformance suffered. Apparently, it was almost always like these Kwanro mentioned before that when PL still had 2v2s the team's best players would practice 1v1 because it was more important and the rest were put on 2v2 practice (with exceptions).


I can see and definitely agree with your point, the interview was around the time of the second last BW only proleague.
remag
Profile Joined August 2009
Germany354 Posts
January 09 2014 10:07 GMT
#70
great write up looks really good.
cz
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3249 Posts
January 09 2014 10:09 GMT
#71
WOW! So impressed with Terror, guy has balls to do that type of comedy in Korea! Dude is REAL.
Thinasy
Profile Joined March 2011
2856 Posts
January 09 2014 10:18 GMT
#72
Great writeup and saying Bisu's looks are overhyped WTF?

Also, Heo Yeong Moo fighting!
Jaedong & Faker
Khai
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia553 Posts
January 09 2014 10:23 GMT
#73
Wow so hyped, hope I can catch some of this.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
January 09 2014 12:22 GMT
#74
On January 09 2014 14:15 NB wrote:
wow... i took the NSFL warning lightly... I cant fucking unsee that S&M entrance. x(

I wish day9 still casting BW . Could use some english casting.


Sayle is the new and probably better day9 . I am hyped for this can't wait to watch all the games
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
January 09 2014 16:08 GMT
#75
BW FIGHTING!!!

Midas is gonna win this, just like the wcg 2004 world finals. It's still 2004 and not 2014 right?
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
prOPOns
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
Germany60 Posts
January 09 2014 18:15 GMT
#76
Any links for the stream, I am new to BW scene from today (I watched some years ago) and I want to watch it tbh!!!
★ Kim Taek Yong <3 ★ SKT1.PartinG <3 ★ SKT1.Classic ★ CJ.Sora ★ EG.Jaedong ★
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
January 09 2014 18:17 GMT
#77
On January 10 2014 03:15 prOPOns wrote:
Any links for the stream, I am new to BW scene from today (I watched some years ago) and I want to watch it tbh!!!

English rebroadcast in 1h 40 minutes here http://www.twitch.tv/teamliquidnet
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
January 09 2014 18:26 GMT
#78
TL's BW articles are always top notch. I don't even follow BW but they're good and I appreciate the links to games worth watching and all fun Korean stuff.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
January 09 2014 18:28 GMT
#79
On January 10 2014 03:26 nojok wrote:
TL's BW articles are always top notch. I don't even follow BW but they're good and I appreciate the links to games worth watching and all fun Korean stuff.


Maybe that's something you think of doing
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
nojok
Profile Joined May 2011
France15846 Posts
January 09 2014 18:50 GMT
#80
On January 10 2014 03:28 Xiphos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2014 03:26 nojok wrote:
TL's BW articles are always top notch. I don't even follow BW but they're good and I appreciate the links to games worth watching and all fun Korean stuff.


Maybe that's something you think of doing

I will give it a shot I think now that the Korean scene seems to improve recently. I was disappointed overall by the last matches I watch compared to the OSL/MSL era, though it was mostly foreigner matches.
"Back then teams that won were credited, now it's called throw. I think it's sad." - Kuroky - Flap Flap Wings!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3943
Mong 80
sorry 35
ToSsGirL 17
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Other Games
summit1g8004
WinterStarcraft599
C9.Mang0262
ceh9217
Sick155
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• StrangeGG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Lourlo889
• Stunt397
Other Games
• Shiphtur530
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 35m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.