• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:57
CEST 12:57
KST 19:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7696 users

Jangbi retires - Page 18

Forum Index > BW General
937 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 47 Next All
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
August 29 2013 08:24 GMT
#341
On August 29 2013 17:23 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 17:22 Zealously wrote:
I wish people would stop taking cheap shots at BW and/or SC2 whenever players retire, come on


This is the Brood War forum what were you expecting


Some dignity would be nice but maybe I'm an optimist
AdministratorBreak the chains
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
August 29 2013 08:28 GMT
#342
On August 29 2013 17:24 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 17:23 Dodgin wrote:
On August 29 2013 17:22 Zealously wrote:
I wish people would stop taking cheap shots at BW and/or SC2 whenever players retire, come on


This is the Brood War forum what were you expecting


Some dignity would be nice but maybe I'm an optimist

Looking past faults is something that naniwa fans are good at, surely you can look past the bw forums problems.
chambertin
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1704 Posts
August 29 2013 08:33 GMT
#343
Oh goddamnit....

After starting SC2 i still somehow decided to tune into to some Jangbi vs Zero as like the first BW I ever really watched.... the storms, the magic. Gl gl sir, tho I wish you wouldn't go.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing" - Socrates?
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
August 29 2013 08:34 GMT
#344
On August 29 2013 17:28 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 17:24 Zealously wrote:
On August 29 2013 17:23 Dodgin wrote:
On August 29 2013 17:22 Zealously wrote:
I wish people would stop taking cheap shots at BW and/or SC2 whenever players retire, come on


This is the Brood War forum what were you expecting


Some dignity would be nice but maybe I'm an optimist

Looking past faults is something that naniwa fans are good at, surely you can look past the bw forums problems.

What problems? We are fine on our own and at least we don't derail threads unlike some other people ^

So don't answer and let the people who are on-topic post.
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
August 29 2013 08:34 GMT
#345
Jangbi destroyed my liquibet a couple times during his resurgence haha....voted Fantasy both fucken times gg.

I'll miss you :[
Khai
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia553 Posts
August 29 2013 08:36 GMT
#346
T_T dafuq... He was doing so well... I am really sad he's leaving so early =/ Last champion of BW and killed my hopes for Fantasy twice. Goodbye and all the best in everything you do Jangbi!
oneofthem
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Cayman Islands24199 Posts
August 29 2013 08:36 GMT
#347
whaat? i guess it's expected though lol
We have fed the heart on fantasies, the heart's grown brutal from the fare, more substance in our enmities than in our love
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
August 29 2013 08:37 GMT
#348
Why is this in BW forum and not in SC2 ? Last time i checked he played SC2
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
August 29 2013 08:38 GMT
#349
On August 29 2013 17:37 SkelA wrote:
Why is this in BW forum and not in SC2 ? Last time i checked he played SC2


I think it's funny that you consider yourself a KHAN fan and then make a post like this...
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
theking1
Profile Joined June 2013
Romania658 Posts
August 29 2013 08:39 GMT
#350
On August 29 2013 17:17 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 16:47 theking1 wrote:
On August 29 2013 16:34 skylarr wrote:
This breaks my heart. Players are leaving the game one after another. Congrats blizzard!


i'm sure this is blizzards fault.


It's Blizzard's fault for killing professional BW and forcing Kespa to switch to SC2 even though not all players enjoy the game.


blizzard didn't kill anything.bw simply got replaced by it's newer version called sc2.And if you think kespa and ogn would have kept bw teams and broadcasted bw competition instead of lol ones..i highly disagree with you
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
August 29 2013 08:40 GMT
#351
On August 29 2013 17:39 theking1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 17:17 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 29 2013 16:47 theking1 wrote:
On August 29 2013 16:34 skylarr wrote:
This breaks my heart. Players are leaving the game one after another. Congrats blizzard!


i'm sure this is blizzards fault.


It's Blizzard's fault for killing professional BW and forcing Kespa to switch to SC2 even though not all players enjoy the game.


blizzard didn't kill anything.bw simply got replaced by it's newer version called sc2.And if you think kespa and ogn would have kept bw teams and broadcasted bw competition instead of lol ones..i highly disagree with you


Well I know they would never have switched to SC2 of their own volition, considering how little popularity it has in Korea compared to either BW -or- LoL.
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
August 29 2013 08:41 GMT
#352
Wow ! This is such a great new ! Welcome back JangBi, you'll have fun on a video game !
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
August 29 2013 08:41 GMT
#353
On August 29 2013 15:18 lichter wrote:
On the one hand, I agree that if he didn't enjoy the game, then getting on with his life is the right choice. But on the other I see someone like Jaedong who did so poorly for a long period in SC2, but just won't fucking give up until he succeeds.


Seriously ?
Jangbi was working extremely hard and is certainly not someone who gives up easily.
He did very well during the Dragons era, then fell into a huge and very long slump and ended up being nicknamed "pae-wang" ( = loser king) by journalists. Then he came back out of nowhere to win two OSL back to back. The real problem is that he was forced to switch to SC2 while he was dreaming of a Golden Mouse...
ॐ
Kergy
Profile Joined December 2010
Peru2011 Posts
August 29 2013 08:42 GMT
#354
On August 29 2013 17:39 theking1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 17:17 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 29 2013 16:47 theking1 wrote:
On August 29 2013 16:34 skylarr wrote:
This breaks my heart. Players are leaving the game one after another. Congrats blizzard!


i'm sure this is blizzards fault.


It's Blizzard's fault for killing professional BW and forcing Kespa to switch to SC2 even though not all players enjoy the game.


blizzard didn't kill anything.bw simply got replaced by it's newer version called sc2.And if you think kespa and ogn would have kept bw teams and broadcasted bw competition instead of lol ones..i highly disagree with you


uhmm no... Blizzard tried but ultimately, LoL replaced BW and became the long awaited BW2 in Korea
Everyday Girl's Day~!
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 08:44:43
August 29 2013 08:43 GMT
#355
On August 29 2013 17:38 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 17:37 SkelA wrote:
Why is this in BW forum and not in SC2 ? Last time i checked he played SC2


I think it's funny that you consider yourself a KHAN fan and then make a post like this...


What's funny is that you seem to think being a KHAN fan somehow means you should think this belongs in the BW forum.

Anyway, if we all were to stop spitting insults, I think it's really sad that Jangbi is retiring - I thought for sure he was going to have some real success after watching him play toward the end of the PL season. But if you're not enjoying what you're doing when you're putting in as many hours as Jangbang no doubt was, then there's not much to do but call it a day. Hopefully he'll have a great life, whatever he chooses to do.

On August 29 2013 17:37 SkelA wrote:
Why is this in BW forum and not in SC2 ? Last time i checked he played SC2


How is a player's career ending because he's not enjoying himself great news?
AdministratorBreak the chains
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
August 29 2013 08:44 GMT
#356
On August 29 2013 17:43 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 17:38 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 29 2013 17:37 SkelA wrote:
Why is this in BW forum and not in SC2 ? Last time i checked he played SC2


I think it's funny that you consider yourself a KHAN fan and then make a post like this...


What's funny is that you seem to think being a KHAN fan somehow means you should think this belongs in the BW forum.

Anyway, if we all were to stop spitting insults, I think it's really sad that Jangbi is retiring - I thought for sure he was going to have some real success after watching him play toward the end of the PL season. But if you're not enjoying what you're doing when you're putting in as many hours as Jangbang no doubt was, then there's not much to do but call it a day. Hopefully he'll have a great life, whatever he chooses to do.


So you're renouncing JangBi's legacy in Brood War just because he plays a different game now? Maybe he still has people who give two shits about him in the BW community, don't you think they deserve to know about his retirement and discuss/mourn?
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
August 29 2013 08:45 GMT
#357
careful zealousy

this is the danger zone
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
August 29 2013 08:48 GMT
#358
On August 29 2013 17:44 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 17:43 Zealously wrote:
On August 29 2013 17:38 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On August 29 2013 17:37 SkelA wrote:
Why is this in BW forum and not in SC2 ? Last time i checked he played SC2


I think it's funny that you consider yourself a KHAN fan and then make a post like this...


What's funny is that you seem to think being a KHAN fan somehow means you should think this belongs in the BW forum.

Anyway, if we all were to stop spitting insults, I think it's really sad that Jangbi is retiring - I thought for sure he was going to have some real success after watching him play toward the end of the PL season. But if you're not enjoying what you're doing when you're putting in as many hours as Jangbang no doubt was, then there's not much to do but call it a day. Hopefully he'll have a great life, whatever he chooses to do.


So you're renouncing JangBi's legacy in Brood War just because he plays a different game now? Maybe he still has people who give two shits about him in the BW community, don't you think they deserve to know about his retirement and discuss/mourn?


No I agree that it should be in the Brood War section, but wondering why it isn't in the Starcraft II-section since Jangbi hasn't had anything to do with Brood War for over a year isn't exactly a whacked-out thing to say (and it has little to do with team icons)

On August 29 2013 17:45 Dodgin wrote:
careful zealousy

this is the danger zone


All I see is gloating. But you're right, I'll leave. Sorry for stirring shit up.
AdministratorBreak the chains
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
August 29 2013 08:49 GMT
#359
On August 29 2013 16:41 Kergy wrote:
Does anyone have the comic from this thread saved?

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=238074


for some reason i only have this iconic image saved
[image loading]
Commentator
Pontius Pirate
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United States1557 Posts
August 29 2013 08:51 GMT
#360
November 11th, 2012: "SC2 is a new challenge for me. There are many new things in SC2 that are different from BW. I'm beginning to develop a new passion that I didn't feel while playing BW. It's great that Korean players now get the opportunity to go abroad and experience many new things, and I want to attend foreign events if possible, too."

January 21st, 2013: "I found out how to properly play SC2 WoL. Ever since I found out exactly how I'm supposed to play a macro game, I've even been enjoying my practices. If there was ever a time in the beginning where I was feeling forced to practice, then right now I feel the complete opposite. Since I am putting in the effort to work hard, I am having fun and I think I'm making good results."

April 10th, 2013: "After winning my final BW championship, I've been on a decline ever since my transition to HotS. However, I'm sure that's just one of many roads that I'll be able to take. It's time for me to start rising."

In a video interview with Khaldor on the same day, he expressed resignation and frustration that he wouldn't get many opportunities to travel abroad, as Samsung only contracted the team out for events inside Korea. He also stated that he wished he could switch to Zerg, but he felt an obligation to the fans to stay as Protoss, which he found to be the race least suitable to his playstyle, and that the changes in HotS actually encouraged more defensive play from Protoss. While he clearly emphasized how much easier SC2 was than BW, he also specifically stated "even as a Brood War pro, I played Starcraft 2 as a hobby when I had time. They're both really fun games."

April 13th, 2013: "I feel proud of the fact that I was responsible for the team's 200th victory today. I really hope I'm still here when we grab our 300th victory." (I just thought that this showed his commitment to his legacy)

Guys, I hate to sound like I've got a tinfoil hat on, but I really don't think this is all about being bored with SC2. I think it's very likely that that is partially to blame, and that he feels Protoss isn't terribly fun, but I think the story is greatly oversimplifying his reasons for quitting. He's from the farthest city in SK from Seoul, so he probably doesn't get to see his family terribly often. He mentioned wanting to see his sister's wedding and his (potential) niece. He's got military service coming up in a year, and probably has only so much time he can get better. SC2 is a less remunerative career in Korea these days, and he probably was looking at his contract negotiations, comparing them with the years in which he was nearly top banana, and thinking "gee, this sucks!". Perhaps he felt that he was currently hitting a wall, much as Snute explored the psychology of in his recent blog. All of these were probably (except maybe hitting a wall, which is purely conjecture) on his mind and contributing to him not continuing his career.
"I had to close the door so my parents wouldn't judge me." - ZombieGrub during the ShitfaceTradeTV stream
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko217
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32601
Calm 4877
Rain 2482
Bisu 1039
Hyuk 1023
FanTaSy 710
Jaedong 437
Soma 323
Horang2 322
Rush 295
[ Show more ]
BeSt 253
Zeus 248
Stork 216
Mong 167
Larva 118
ZerO 111
Mini 102
Light 78
Pusan 75
Mind 74
Barracks 49
910 48
ToSsGirL 47
Snow 42
Sexy 36
Shinee 34
Killer 33
NaDa 32
Free 22
sorry 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Noble 13
Terrorterran 9
sSak 7
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5624
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1201
byalli925
shoxiejesuss650
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
gofns41279
singsing1657
dupreeh340
crisheroes305
B2W.Neo67
ZerO(Twitch)6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 7
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2169
Other Games
• WagamamaTV109
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 3m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 3m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.