• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:49
CEST 01:49
KST 08:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12795 users

Sonic Starleague to resume again - Page 7

Forum Index > BW General
327 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next All
white_horse
Profile Joined July 2010
1019 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-14 20:51:12
December 14 2012 20:50 GMT
#121
On December 15 2012 05:20 glzElectromaster wrote:
*sigh* and to think people wanted to forgive match fixers. I doubt they will now.


Thats right! Where did all the pro-savior dumbasses go? Probably quietly reading this thread and then sitting in the corner.
Translator
Deleted User 173346
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
16169 Posts
December 14 2012 21:07 GMT
#122
--- Nuked ---
TehRei
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden261 Posts
December 14 2012 21:08 GMT
#123
On December 15 2012 05:47 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2012 05:34 TehRei wrote:
god fucking dammit not this shit again... seriously what in the actual fuck?! after everything sonic did he gets this fucking shit thrown back at him? how the fuck do you as a player go along with the same fucking shit that ruined mbcgame along with pretty much the entire fucking proscene? this makes me sick

Greed has destroyed many many things in this world. Killed people. Destroyed cities. Decimated nations.

One BJ's awesome league is not so unbelievable -_-;


On some level I know I shouldn't be surprised. It's not like it's the first time this has happened and it's not exactly on the grandest scale of all times. I guess I'm pretty childish and naive to have considered all the matchfixing shit to be history.

I don't know. I feel kinda like crying, and also punching the wall until my knuckles bleed. Which would also be extremely childish. I hate being this helpless, but it just feels like I, and probably all other viewers, can do nothing against this. And there is no way that Sonic can manage all of this alone - it's just not realistic to ask him to keep going. It's not very fair either. So instead we're stuck here watching the entire SSL go up in flames without being able to lift a finger to help. And I really, really fucking hate being in that position again.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10397 Posts
December 14 2012 21:13 GMT
#124
On December 15 2012 06:08 TehRei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2012 05:47 Jealous wrote:
On December 15 2012 05:34 TehRei wrote:
god fucking dammit not this shit again... seriously what in the actual fuck?! after everything sonic did he gets this fucking shit thrown back at him? how the fuck do you as a player go along with the same fucking shit that ruined mbcgame along with pretty much the entire fucking proscene? this makes me sick

Greed has destroyed many many things in this world. Killed people. Destroyed cities. Decimated nations.

One BJ's awesome league is not so unbelievable -_-;


On some level I know I shouldn't be surprised. It's not like it's the first time this has happened and it's not exactly on the grandest scale of all times. I guess I'm pretty childish and naive to have considered all the matchfixing shit to be history.

I don't know. I feel kinda like crying, and also punching the wall until my knuckles bleed. Which would also be extremely childish. I hate being this helpless, but it just feels like I, and probably all other viewers, can do nothing against this. And there is no way that Sonic can manage all of this alone - it's just not realistic to ask him to keep going. It's not very fair either. So instead we're stuck here watching the entire SSL go up in flames without being able to lift a finger to help. And I really, really fucking hate being in that position again.

Hey man, you're not naive or childish. I just wanted to put it all in perspective a little ): I feel your pain, there's no doubt. I just have grown so jaded by humanity's faults. The good give, the evil cheat, steal, and disrespect the good, and unfortunately it's a lot easier to destroy something than it is to build it. It's surprising we've gotten anywhere in the real world, even less so online (where misdeeds are even easier to achieve). All I know is that I am logged on BW right now and that is something no one can take away from us.

Sonic might have been Icarus who fell from flying too high, but us groundwalkers can still do our small things and build small structures. Gambit cup, ISL, and all foreigner events that run without cheating are examples of this.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
TehRei
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden261 Posts
December 14 2012 21:31 GMT
#125
On December 15 2012 06:13 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2012 06:08 TehRei wrote:
On December 15 2012 05:47 Jealous wrote:
On December 15 2012 05:34 TehRei wrote:
god fucking dammit not this shit again... seriously what in the actual fuck?! after everything sonic did he gets this fucking shit thrown back at him? how the fuck do you as a player go along with the same fucking shit that ruined mbcgame along with pretty much the entire fucking proscene? this makes me sick

Greed has destroyed many many things in this world. Killed people. Destroyed cities. Decimated nations.

One BJ's awesome league is not so unbelievable -_-;


On some level I know I shouldn't be surprised. It's not like it's the first time this has happened and it's not exactly on the grandest scale of all times. I guess I'm pretty childish and naive to have considered all the matchfixing shit to be history.

I don't know. I feel kinda like crying, and also punching the wall until my knuckles bleed. Which would also be extremely childish. I hate being this helpless, but it just feels like I, and probably all other viewers, can do nothing against this. And there is no way that Sonic can manage all of this alone - it's just not realistic to ask him to keep going. It's not very fair either. So instead we're stuck here watching the entire SSL go up in flames without being able to lift a finger to help. And I really, really fucking hate being in that position again.

Hey man, you're not naive or childish. I just wanted to put it all in perspective a little ): I feel your pain, there's no doubt. I just have grown so jaded by humanity's faults. The good give, the evil cheat, steal, and disrespect the good, and unfortunately it's a lot easier to destroy something than it is to build it. It's surprising we've gotten anywhere in the real world, even less so online (where misdeeds are even easier to achieve). All I know is that I am logged on BW right now and that is something no one can take away from us.

Sonic might have been Icarus who fell from flying too high, but us groundwalkers can still do our small things and build small structures. Gambit cup, ISL, and all foreigner events that run without cheating are examples of this.


Yeah, good point. I have no control over what happens with SSL and I guess I'll have to accept that fact. But I might be able to influence the foreigner events at least a little bit, and I do have complete control over my own involvement with BW. Those things are probably what I should focus on. Thanks for saying that, I appreciate it =)
nepeta
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1872 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-14 21:33:44
December 14 2012 21:32 GMT
#126
On December 15 2012 05:50 white_horse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2012 05:20 glzElectromaster wrote:
*sigh* and to think people wanted to forgive match fixers. I doubt they will now.


Thats right! Where did all the pro-savior dumbasses go? Probably quietly reading this thread and then sitting in the corner.


It is sad, very bloody sad indeed. Broodwar going out like this is... saddening.

Still, and please forgive me arguing over the coffin -I am a dumbass and I was summoned-... Perhaps it is true. Professional cycling is also on IV at the moment, because of all the doping horror going on & being found out. Still, I think the end of Broodwar is not entirely to blame on matchfixing. And I still respect MJY for the victories he won, until I get evidence that his championships were all bought by the match-fixers. And I severly dislike him too, for all he has done to BW. I just can't bring myself to fully hate him.

But bah. Sad.
Broodwar AI :) http://sscaitournament.com http://www.starcraftai.com/wiki/Main_Page
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
December 14 2012 21:41 GMT
#127
So there will be no SSL8?
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
December 14 2012 21:45 GMT
#128
On December 15 2012 06:41 Shana wrote:
So there will be no SSL8?

Sadly, correct.
En Taro Violet
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
December 14 2012 21:47 GMT
#129
I want to see a movie about our lone hero figthing greed, corruption, and pure evil. Seriously. Fuck the world, and long live Sonic ;_; <3
The heart's eternal vow
nbaker
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1341 Posts
December 14 2012 22:45 GMT
#130
Damn...
NicksonReyes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Philippines4431 Posts
December 14 2012 23:11 GMT
#131
So everything's gone now? Even the team leagues? Basically, no more afreeca scene?


+ Show Spoiler +
"Start yo" -FlaSh
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
December 14 2012 23:52 GMT
#132
players will continue to play and stream. BJs will have their spontaneous team battles. There are other, much much much smaller leagues going on like one hosted by Tuna, who co-commentated a lot of SSL games w/ Sonic. But it seems like we've discovered the ceiling ...
Writerptrk
iSometric
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
2221 Posts
December 15 2012 00:12 GMT
#133
Back to watching Lumix! ....

I hope at least they will keep streaming TT...
strava.com/athletes/zhaodynasty
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
December 15 2012 00:17 GMT
#134
The scene always starts by those who are passionate. They are brought down by those who seek money.
ppp
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
December 15 2012 00:18 GMT
#135
Farewell SSL, it's been a pleasure watching you.

Best of luck to Sonic, the man is a hero.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Sephy90
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1785 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-15 00:35:51
December 15 2012 00:35 GMT
#136
MOTHERFUCKER

FUCK that man that shit is so STUPID. Fucking assholes ruin fdsajfsdjf;lsad excuse the language.
"So I turned the lights off at night and practiced by myself"
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
December 15 2012 00:59 GMT
#137
Very saddening. I mean, we felt reality smacking us on our face a lot, but this is the most unthinkable punch I've felt so far.. all those tales about how there are cruel monsters in reality who only seek to exploit? Apparently it is true....
I really hope Sonic does well in his endeavors. That man deserve it.
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
December 15 2012 01:49 GMT
#138
I knew something was up when Larva was doing well :/
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
sour_eraser
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada932 Posts
December 15 2012 01:52 GMT
#139
Man. wtf....
"What's the f*cking point of censoring a letter if everyone and their mother knows what it stands for.... F*cking morons"
Uglymutt
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia57 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-15 05:27:06
December 15 2012 01:52 GMT
#140
Wow, I guess this is goodbye to SSL.
So sad to have all this passion ruined by greed, I feel so sorry for Sonic.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings72
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta15
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9056
Artosis 782
GuemChi 608
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm212
monkeys_forever31
League of Legends
Doublelift5406
JimRising 422
Counter-Strike
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe75
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3993
Other Games
FrodaN2264
Liquid`RaSZi1756
C9.Mang0438
Livibee367
Maynarde161
Mew2King43
ArmadaUGS27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1209
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• musti20045 31
• Sammyuel 31
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1420
• Scarra1227
• Shiphtur649
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 11m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.