• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:07
CEST 19:07
KST 02:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8858 users

teach me your ways - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-31 16:19:24
October 28 2011 21:35 GMT
#61
oh, more firebathero love too.



the bnet attack series (only a few have eng subs) are also a good way to learn some basics/see commentated, friendly/casual fpvods. It's less intense but just as impressive, with some humour/personalities mixed in.You can also see games from tasteless's days at gomtv for the averatec-intel classics tournaments (3 seasons).

also if you like yellow's sc2 "code a" series check out nal_ra's oldboy series. ep 1:
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
deafhobbit
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States828 Posts
October 28 2011 22:09 GMT
#62
One of the longest, and silliest, games of BW ever played

I cheer for underdogs and Flash
samaNo4
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Spain245 Posts
October 28 2011 22:26 GMT
#63
What is the name of the Proleague main comentator? He appeared in Hyung Joon becomes a progamer and he is the fucking boss.
And then do you know what happens all of a sudden? Trumpets!!
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
October 28 2011 22:42 GMT
#64
On October 29 2011 07:09 deafhobbit wrote:
One of the longest, and silliest, games of BW ever played

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLew1ggDfQQ


this game is indeed ridiculous

combat-ex on commentary increases the ridiculousness tenfold
I drop suckas like Plinko
LTLgnuoy00
Profile Joined June 2011
United States52 Posts
October 28 2011 22:53 GMT
#65
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=226236
^ savior thread... i don't think it needs any additional words but it just feels like bw has endless potential... later made even more evident by jaedong who with ridiculous mechanics set the bar even higher....
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
October 28 2011 23:02 GMT
#66

Could this even happen in a SCII game? Could a player be this inferior? And remember, this guy actually (somehow)qualified for WCG!

Watch for entertainment value only, not really the best of games...
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 23:18:20
October 28 2011 23:18 GMT
#67
Wasn't Zim the only guy who showed up to Azerbaijan's WCG qualifier? I ran into a guy named Zim from Azerbaijan on iccup once, he was D+
I drop suckas like Plinko
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 23:33:11
October 28 2011 23:32 GMT
#68
On October 29 2011 05:54 imjorman wrote:
After watching all of these, I'm starting to understand why you guys care. I don't understand the game, but it looks different - and a good different. And holy bejesus is jaedong awesome. Flash videos are really cool; pretty much any video you guys hav been linked are like wtfwtfwtf awesome :D


One thing if you're having difficulty understanding, you might want to check out the old GOMTV classic series. Season 1, 2, and 3. They're still on GOM's website for free GOMtv Classic and have Tasteless (and later lil'Susie and Super Daniel Man) casting which makes things easier. I know people get down on Tasteless now for not being analytical enough, but in his BW days he was definitely both funny and analytical and pretty good at explaining things.

The other nice thing is you can see them in order and kind of get a feel for how the entire season progressed or else just watch the most viewed ones which are generally the final matches.

One thing that really helps in your appreciation for the game is when you go out and try the strategies and tactics the pro's are doing and then you find out just how hard it is to do what they do.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
October 28 2011 23:39 GMT
#69
On October 29 2011 07:26 samaNo4 wrote:
What is the name of the Proleague main comentator? He appeared in Hyung Joon becomes a progamer and he is the fucking boss.


There are different commentators for ogn/mbc but I think you are looking for lee seung won?
WriterXiao8~~
jinfreaks
Profile Joined July 2010
United States94 Posts
October 28 2011 23:54 GMT
#70
What about the

CARRIER!!!!! !??!?!?!?!?!?!

and whenever i think of flash, my favorite player <3, this game at around from the 23-24 minute mark, the scene where the two MnM armies converge, there is rarely a moment in bw progaming where i see a scene as menacing as this

Flash vs Tybe-B 2009 OSL
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
October 29 2011 00:18 GMT
#71
On October 29 2011 06:34 Gann1 wrote:


a little long, but this is the greatest game i've ever seen. Games like this are why I love brood war

highlights if you don't want to watch the whole thing

defense at 10:00
harass and counter at 18:30
Battle at 26:00 with simultaneous storm drop
Battle at 28:20 & incredible defense of 6:00 base soon afterwards
plus the iconic image of jaedong dripping sweat after the game



Holy crap. Thanks for linking that game, I can't believe I'd never seen it before. It was absolutely fucking amazing.
Writer:o
IrOnKaL
Profile Joined June 2011
United States340 Posts
October 29 2011 00:30 GMT
#72
I feel like this post is a guy seeking the knowledge of a higher order from BW fans haha I love it.
killamane
Profile Joined May 2010
United States138 Posts
October 29 2011 01:25 GMT
#73
On October 29 2011 02:52 mtvacuum wrote:
why Korean commentary is superior:





there is no way an english caster can make that more exciting

on this i beg to differ
in case no one else mentioned this have you heard of Klazart? hes the best english caster ive ever heard from broodwar.(not including tasteless and super dan) klazart is who i first started watching sc vods. he who got me into watching sc bw.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KlazartSC?blend=1&ob=4 his u-tube channel

enjoy watching every one of his vods. i know u will
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
October 29 2011 02:48 GMT
#74
i can simply say this and be 100% right. every current progamer wishes sc2 was just a pure revamp of sc1 graphics. by that i mean nothing has changed, and only the graphics got updated to attrack new crowds. maybe keep some of the new mechanics, MBS, automine, but all in all. if the game had just been updated graphically i think everyone would be more satisfied, especially nony.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
imjorman
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States580 Posts
October 29 2011 03:03 GMT
#75
Going through so many VODS right now lol I feel like I'm starting to get it...gonna play some BW tomorrow :D
People who want power shouldn't have it.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
October 29 2011 03:03 GMT
#76
On October 29 2011 09:18 seraphe wrote:


Holy crap. Thanks for linking that game, I can't believe I'd never seen it before. It was absolutely fucking amazing.


always happy to help my fellow Stork fans!
I drop suckas like Plinko
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-29 03:26:38
October 29 2011 03:08 GMT
#77
On October 29 2011 01:57 imjorman wrote:
So there is all this talk about how "the new sc2 fans dont understand our history"

Well teach me.

Tell me why this game you all love is so amazing, teach me why flash/bisu/jaedong/boxer were all so amazing.

.
[/b]

Just play and watch the game. If you manage to get somewhat good at the game, you will understand why it's so awesome. It's what I did.

I used to prefer other RTS games over StarCraft, but then I actually learned about it I realized that it's way better than any other RTS game.

(B rank on iCCup is where I realized)

I seriosuly recommend watching OSL, MSL, and proleague finals. The atmosphere is pretty amazing.
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
imjorman
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States580 Posts
October 29 2011 03:29 GMT
#78
As I'm watching this, a switch flipped in my head. It's kinda like learning a new language and you hear how all the words relate back to English and then you understand where the English language comes from.

Similarly, as I'm watching these, I understand where SC2 comes from and why a lot of things that "are cool" are cool.

I'm watching my history here :D
People who want power shouldn't have it.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51544 Posts
October 29 2011 03:32 GMT
#79
On October 29 2011 12:29 imjorman wrote:
As I'm watching this, a switch flipped in my head. It's kinda like learning a new language and you hear how all the words relate back to English and then you understand where the English language comes from.

Similarly, as I'm watching these, I understand where SC2 comes from and why a lot of things that "are cool" are cool.

I'm watching my history here :D


please note that BW does still exist in the present and that the next season of Proleague will still be majorly BW.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
imjorman
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States580 Posts
October 29 2011 03:38 GMT
#80
On October 29 2011 12:32 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2011 12:29 imjorman wrote:
As I'm watching this, a switch flipped in my head. It's kinda like learning a new language and you hear how all the words relate back to English and then you understand where the English language comes from.

Similarly, as I'm watching these, I understand where SC2 comes from and why a lot of things that "are cool" are cool.

I'm watching my history here :D


please note that BW does still exist in the present and that the next season of Proleague will still be majorly BW.


I wasn't claiming it was dead, sorry I understand that my language reflects that, but I'm well aware that this is something that is still alive and well.

Will the Proleague by on the "on air" side bar of TL? If so, I really want to watch it, or if not, where can I find it/read info about it? (English preferably)
People who want power shouldn't have it.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1104
ComeBackTV 1086
SteadfastSC525
TaKeTV 487
LamboSC2383
IndyStarCraft 181
Rex112
EnkiAlexander 57
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 525
LamboSC2 383
mouzHeroMarine 268
IndyStarCraft 181
ProTech146
Rex 112
BRAT_OK 85
UpATreeSC 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30947
Shuttle 1418
EffOrt 880
Mini 673
Light 673
Soma 481
firebathero 266
Rush 216
Snow 196
ZerO 149
[ Show more ]
hero 85
sorry 67
Liquid`Ret 55
ToSsGirL 30
soO 22
Sexy 21
Terrorterran 19
Free 17
Trap 17
Bale 16
Shine 14
Sacsri 13
Djem5 2
Dota 2
Gorgc7790
qojqva1905
Dendi866
420jenkins110
Counter-Strike
fl0m1443
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2037
crisheroes1185
XaKoH 194
Liquid`Hasu133
MindelVK6
Other Games
B2W.Neo1086
Beastyqt588
FrodaN526
ceh9487
ArmadaUGS195
Hui .180
KnowMe132
QueenE112
Mew2King79
C9.Mang078
Trikslyr75
Dewaltoss49
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 2
• Adnapsc2 1
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3825
• TFBlade1017
Other Games
• imaqtpie537
• WagamamaTV295
• Shiphtur251
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 53m
Stellar Fest
19h 53m
OSC
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 16h
Online Event
1d 17h
FEL
1d 22h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.