• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:49
CEST 15:49
KST 22:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8033 users

Map (6)Redheart Ridge - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
September 07 2011 12:50 GMT
#41

I have uploaded Version 3.0 now.
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
September 07 2011 20:05 GMT
#42
as requested by cardinalallin, im here to attempt a dicussion about this map.

ive played some games so far and im going to say this. tank drops are way op lololol. but only in 2s. you see the ridges surrounding your base are very small, so tank drops are easily able to come in from the other side and rape.

also, 3rds are way too hard to take. but its 3's kinda supposed to be hard. the map is so far very good. but we need more exposure so wecan play more games. we always need to wait like 10-15 minutes for a full house, and then some1 just leaves neways.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
September 07 2011 20:11 GMT
#43
Do you accept D- players? Or is this a no newbs sort of game. I saw the map playing the other day, but didn't join.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
September 07 2011 22:10 GMT
#44
well its preferable not noobs obviously, but well accept anyone really.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 22:40:46
September 07 2011 22:39 GMT
#45
Haha, I like that 'as requested by' note. What I meant was that you were saying lots of suggestions to me in the lobby and you type very fast. This way it does bump the thread which is nice for me yes but it is also the correct place to post your thoughts in a structured manner. It is a forum, so you are allowed to post on threads!

@Falling, the map is specifically made to support weaker players and make the whole game more fun for everyone. D- players are totally welcomed, and are absolutely encouraged. I myself am probably F- anyway!
Literally Ive just started playing starcraft last week when this map went live on Version 1.0 but I have watched proleague for about 5 years now so I know whats up, I just have no mechanics or control or hotkeys at all. Hell Im using a rollerball mouse at the moment because my good one recently broke. I feel like I have improved a bit so far but earlier this evening I learned about 4 pools the hard way. Yeah I picked Terran for the challenge so thanks for that hard lesson FlashFTW. Although to be fair, we won in the end My tanks killed some of your lurkers aswell haha.

Also @Falling, its just a map. You can download it and host it yourself, and then kick all the gosus to your (red)hearts content.

Lastly, FlashFTW suggested Flash, Hoejja, Stats as his dream team for KT Rolster. I still think Stars would beat that honestly.
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
Herro_Korea
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
310 Posts
September 08 2011 14:45 GMT
#46
OK I played a little bit on this map with map creater now. It has this nice balance feel to it. The thing I would like to see is if the middle double expo's(the ones next to mineral only) had someway of easier deffending against siege shelling. Maybe chokes not as wide since its easy to kill those expos esp if players push trough the double ramp passages or from 3rds. Put some thin barrier there.

But yea, feels great.
(-_(-_(-_-)_-)_-)
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
September 09 2011 00:07 GMT
#47
I have uploaded Version 4.0 now.
Now there is no need to desperately start screaming "Leave my ebay, I wanna Obs please"
"Dude its just an extractor!!"
"Yes I know my Cybernetics was upgrading air weapons 3 and that carriers are a bitch but srsly, you already KILLED them all, and besides I cancelled the upgrade anyway so please just stop shooting now pleeeeaaaase! Oh you fucker.."

@Nymph. Thankyou for the feedback.
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
Bisu-Fan
Profile Joined January 2010
Russian Federation3339 Posts
September 09 2011 23:18 GMT
#48
On September 02 2011 07:24 CardinalAllin wrote:
@Taekwon, actually this is the ONLY pro map for next season. There is no longer any 1v1 and it is all going to be 3vs3 from now on. Midas was like, hmm we fucked. But Mind was more optimistic and persuaded Major to take Midas' place along with Baby to round out the team.
Then Nada phoned and said to Mind, no seriously, you fucked. Thats the real reason why Wemade Fox is disbanding.

As for Hwaseung Oz, well JD, Killer and Hiya were laughing but later on Anytime had a word. He had just been chatting to Reach on Battlenet and had learned that KT were sending out Flash on his own.
Apparently Flash wanted to have more bases to expand to, and thats when Killer started crying.
Luckily JD slapped him, but the coaches realized it would be too embarassing. Thats the real reason why Hwaseung Oz is disbanding.

This is sooo funny... ahahahaha
Flash would probably beat any worker rushes too so it'd be pointless~ haha nice!!!
I wanna play this anyone wanna play this weekend?
The Revolutionist Shall Rise Again! No. 1 Kim Taek Yong Fan 어헣↗ GO JAEDONG!!!!!!! GO ACE!!! 태연 <3 윤아 <3 승연 <3
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
September 10 2011 11:49 GMT
#49
@Bisu-Fan: Thanks, I will probably host a few games in a short while.
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-13 23:13:57
September 13 2011 23:10 GMT
#50
Im halfway through a large overhaul update but am on holiday for two days now so I will leave you in suspense!
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
September 14 2011 00:11 GMT
#51
On September 08 2011 07:39 CardinalAllin wrote:
Haha, I like that 'as requested by' note. What I meant was that you were saying lots of suggestions to me in the lobby and you type very fast. This way it does bump the thread which is nice for me yes but it is also the correct place to post your thoughts in a structured manner. It is a forum, so you are allowed to post on threads!

@Falling, the map is specifically made to support weaker players and make the whole game more fun for everyone. D- players are totally welcomed, and are absolutely encouraged. I myself am probably F- anyway!
Literally Ive just started playing starcraft last week when this map went live on Version 1.0 but I have watched proleague for about 5 years now so I know whats up, I just have no mechanics or control or hotkeys at all. Hell Im using a rollerball mouse at the moment because my good one recently broke. I feel like I have improved a bit so far but earlier this evening I learned about 4 pools the hard way. Yeah I picked Terran for the challenge so thanks for that hard lesson FlashFTW. Although to be fair, we won in the end My tanks killed some of your lurkers aswell haha.

Also @Falling, its just a map. You can download it and host it yourself, and then kick all the gosus to your (red)hearts content.

Lastly, FlashFTW suggested Flash, Hoejja, Stats as his dream team for KT Rolster. I still think Stars would beat that honestly.

No probs for the practice. if you scout this, just make another depot quickly and pull 1/2 scvs to repair while making a bunker behind your wall as soon as you finish rax. constant rines is good.

also, my dream team for KT would never lose. Stars beat that? psh hell no. Light//ZerO//Soulkey aint good enough. Hoejja would just go SS4 and stomp everyone, stats would use ultra mega chin grow (since he's getting plastic surgery to remove it) and kill everyone, then Flash... well hes flash, GG no re
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
September 14 2011 00:24 GMT
#52
wow i actually really like this map. I didn't expect to at all.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
September 17 2011 14:30 GMT
#53
I have uploaded Version 5.0 now.

Its a big update.


@FlashFTW Thanks for tips. Also, Light, Soulkey and you forgot Free. Hoejja? *smirks*.
Though I must admit Stats is killing it right now. Airforce Ace would have a solid team aswell, especially if Pure and Great do move there.

But anyway, Mahallahooosive update, Check it Out.

@puppykiller, Thanks! Id also be interested to know what you mean by "didnt expect to at all."
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
September 17 2011 15:39 GMT
#54
On September 17 2011 23:30 CardinalAllin wrote:
I have uploaded Version 5.0 now.

Its a big update.


@FlashFTW Thanks for tips. Also, Light, Soulkey and you forgot Free. Hoejja? *smirks*.
Though I must admit Stats is killing it right now. Airforce Ace would have a solid team aswell, especially if Pure and Great do move there.

But anyway, Mahallahooosive update, Check it Out.

@puppykiller, Thanks! Id also be interested to know what you mean by "didnt expect to at all."

hm... interesting... just as a suggestion, keep the previous maps up, that way i can see how the map has come along and continue to give suggestions.

So far so good, though it would be nicer to have easier to take thirds. all the games we've played, our team never went to a third base (though legacy[ggee] did expand like crazy xD) possibly moving them closer or making them ore defendable? would be nice.

also, smirk at hoejja? hoejja smirks at you. and free is slumping so hard, flash could micro 1 scv and kill free. and yes, ACE would have a near amazing lineup, the likes of FBH, Iris, ggaemo, and now great and pure? strong team right there, might actually not get last place in WL or SPL.

just give me a few days, i have tons of homework in school, before i give you any more feedback.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
September 17 2011 19:49 GMT
#55
Hi FlashFTW. Ah yes, where the map is hosted (Broodwarmaps.net great site!) you can only have one pic per map so thats why. I can throw them up somewhere if you really want though.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am considering all options carefully and may change these bases at a later date. There are several reasons why the lowground shared expansions have a wide entrance. One is that there needs to be space for large armies to manoeuvre compared to 1vs1 maps.

Yeah, I was just joking about Hoejja haha. I guess it would be M18M instead of Iris if we're talking PTZ but yeah, still solid. The Ace team always nets a few wins at the start of the season on fresh maps with carefully planned strategic plays. Therefore I would love to see what builds they could come up with in 3vs3.
So much unexplored territory here.
(And work before play always, but remember, procrastination before work!)
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
Toasterbaked
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States160 Posts
September 18 2011 13:09 GMT
#56
Hiya!
Aka lossmule.sky in east
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
September 18 2011 23:35 GMT
#57
Hiya!
Haha, you cant really just post 'hiya!' though. Its not really contributing to a discussion forum stlye lol. Good effort Toasterbaked, but I award you no points.

So I took my Mother to the train station and did a food shop all by 10am, then spent the whole day hosting the latest version of this map. Thankyou to all the regulars, I had a laugh. Infact, Im going to host some more now actually through the night. Trying to work out the perfect opening build of mnm tank then expand with 'mixed results' so far haha.
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
September 19 2011 01:07 GMT
#58
Card... What did I say about going MnM... GO FRIGGIN 2-3 FACT VULT + SPEED AND MINES!!! T.T We worked on that so many times, I'm sure you would have gotten it by now... heres the BO incase you forgot already... + Show Spoiler +
9 depot (right when 8th scv pop and 9th is building) 11 rax, 12 gas, 100 gas -> fact, another 100 -> fact take one SCV off gas so you have 2. depot at same time as first fact gets put down. rines as necessary. 1st fact 100% -> shop -> mines -> take one more scv off gas, so you have 1 guy on gas. 2nd fact done -> depot (you can depot faster if you have constant scv production. not too many rines, remember. mines 100% -> speed. continue pump vult and make depots and you should be able to mass up 400 for a CC. go CC, put 2 guys on gas again (should have at least 150 when speed fins, and then siege mode + tanks. basic BO for me, and it works. NOW GO TRY IT!!!


Ok now that I'm done with that, try making the game at ~6:30-7:00, that way I can join (parents go for about a 45 min walk, so I try to sneak in a game or two there) try? I'll understand if you cant. Also, yeah no probs, if you cant get more than one image, its fine. I just wanted to compare to previous versions. Keep up the good work man, I really appreciate it!
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
September 19 2011 04:06 GMT
#59
@FlashFTW Well funnily enough I just did that but with speed first for a couple of games and it was really fun. You get to choose the battlefield because you are faster than all others, cheers for the detailed BO to use as a start guide! I am in england so I dont know about specific times sorry. I hosted over 50 games today in two blocks so you must have missed it. I just really wanna make mnm tank work though, I cant help it, its a compulsive disorder or something!
I think it could be legit aswell. I'll prove it one day (when my mechanics have improved alot hah).
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
September 20 2011 02:07 GMT
#60
Puppykiller is streaming the map live here
http://www.twitch.tv/puppykiller3
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM535
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex120
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 535
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1842
Fnx 575
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes585
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko588
B2W.Neo337
DeMusliM228
Livibee188
Pyrionflax166
Liquid`VortiX119
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr60
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2035
• Jankos1437
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur663
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 11m
The PondCast
20h 11m
INu's Battles
21h 11m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.