• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:34
CEST 21:34
KST 04:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8183 users

AoV iCCup Starleague Replay Sales - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
oovv
Profile Joined March 2008
366 Posts
April 08 2011 11:37 GMT
#41
On April 08 2011 19:53 SkelA wrote:
This is a bad idea . If you want money for future tours just ask for donations instead of "selling replays" when they've always been free. Even both TSL released all the reppacks for free after they finished.

I wouldnt pay a dime to watch some scrubs playing on iccup when i get free vods of pros playing every week.


This
Oops.. i did it again
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 14:30:22
April 08 2011 14:30 GMT
#42
This has embezzlement written all over it. I can see it now: "Oh, I work so hard on iCCup, there's no reason I shouldn't take a little of this money to buy a new microphone. Hell, that helps because it lets me chat on vent with other admins! Also I'm going to buy a new graphics card. There'll still be some money left over for the tournament. No harm done!"

Makes a guy yearn for the days of PGTour, when people played this game because they liked it, people hosted tourneys for this game because they thought it was exciting... And that was enough.

I can think to myself 'I might watch the ro8 or 4 of a foreign tournament just for the hell it.' That might be worth my time, it might be enjoyable. But now you want money for a zip file of totally disorganized replays. This is not going to help BW You need to make foreign tournaments more accessible, not less accessible.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
GeckoVOD
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
Germany814 Posts
April 08 2011 14:40 GMT
#43
On April 08 2011 23:30 Chef wrote:
This has embezzlement written all over it. I can see it now: "Oh, I work so hard on iCCup, there's no reason I shouldn't take a little of this money to buy a new microphone. Hell, that helps because it lets me chat on vent with other admins! Also I'm going to buy a new graphics card. There'll still be some money left over for the tournament. No harm done!"

Makes a guy yearn for the days of PGTour, when people played this game because they liked it, people hosted tourneys for this game because they thought it was exciting... And that was enough.

I can think to myself 'I might watch the ro8 or 4 of a foreign tournament just for the hell it.' That might be worth my time, it might be enjoyable. But now you want money for a zip file of totally disorganized replays. This is not going to help BW You need to make foreign tournaments more accessible, not less accessible.


I want to point out again that none of the organisators are ICCup admins anymore, and as Cheloman already said, we're not pleased about Game's step in this either.
@DonGeckone on Twitterstuff // JOIN THE YODA FANCLUB OR YOU'RE REALLY REALLY UNCOOL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=398220
foppa
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada451 Posts
April 08 2011 14:46 GMT
#44
my problem with it is joekim will use the money to gamble on ISL some more
i can take you
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
April 08 2011 15:04 GMT
#45
Here is a VOD of the man who wants money from you. He is co-casting with Sayle and does nothing but complain and say how bad the players are:

+ Show Spoiler +


A real pillar of the community
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
qdenser
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada133 Posts
April 08 2011 15:10 GMT
#46
i'd donate $10 for this... i need paypal i guess ?
BW is still out there and a lots of people still watch it. SC2 is a different game and different people. Please go back to BW if you think sc2 is not suited for you - Dustin Browder
MiraKul
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Malaysia498 Posts
April 08 2011 15:33 GMT
#47
On April 09 2011 00:04 Chef wrote:
Here is a VOD of the man who wants money from you. He is co-casting with Sayle and does nothing but complain and say how bad the players are:

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPn1feowG-g


A real pillar of the community



very 'professional' casting. Lol i wonder if someone releases the rep packs to the public, what will happen yo?
ovrpwrd
Game
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 16:37:19
April 08 2011 15:58 GMT
#48
On April 09 2011 00:10 qdenser wrote:
i'd donate $10 for this... i need paypal i guess ?

Yes.
SC is like sex. You should play often, but never too hard. And you should only try hard when it matters.
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
April 08 2011 16:04 GMT
#49
On April 09 2011 00:58 Game wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2011 00:10 qdenser wrote:
i'd donate $10 for this... i need paypal i guess ?

Yes.
To any nay-sayers... all of that negativity has already been addressed and I'm no longer going to respond to every single post that is counter productive for not only the tournament, but the BW community.


Now you're just pulling a BigT here.
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
April 08 2011 16:17 GMT
#50
Lol wow, this is a terrible idea. With the huge decline in activity on BW this is not the way to draw more players into the game... Horrible idea.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Shade[AoV]
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States43 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 16:30:41
April 08 2011 16:23 GMT
#51
This has embezzlement written all over it. I can see it now: "Oh, I work so hard on iCCup, there's no reason I shouldn't take a little of this money to buy a new microphone. Hell, that helps because it lets me chat on vent with other admins! Also I'm going to buy a new graphics card. There'll still be some money left over for the tournament. No harm done!"

Assuming somehow 50 buyers pay $5 for a total of $250, then 10% ($25) split three ways is $8.33. LRM)Game would not be able to pay for his headphones. I don't see how $225 to the pot and $8 to three people is warranting a public outcry.

I can think to myself 'I might watch the ro8 or 4 of a foreign tournament just for the hell it.' That might be worth my time, it might be enjoyable. But now you want money for a zip file of totally disorganized replays. This is not going to help BW You need to make foreign tournaments more accessible, not less accessible

Foreign tournaments would be more accessible (and more successful) if there were larger cash prizes (and hence larger incentives to compete and do well.)

Here is a VOD of the man who wants money from you. He is co-casting with Sayle and does nothing but complain and say how bad the players are. A real pillar of the community.

Chef is one well practiced in forum posting (and trolling). Chef I have played SC for ten years and have often times read your posts on the sites I read teamliquid.net and staredit.net. Of the five years I AFK'd in op sen when you were a user of staredit.net, and the years I played on ICCUP, I have not seen you once online on battle.net. 6,000 forum posts serves to prove my point. Also, in fear of omnipotent ban hammer, I will not post again in this thread.
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
April 08 2011 16:30 GMT
#52
Just need a Robin hood to buy the pack once and then release it to the masses for free.

Seriously it is cool you are trying to support your tournament, but there is a better way and that is to find a sponsor for it, can't find one, then keep on doing the tournament to prove it is worthwhile to invest into it as a sponsor..
Brood War forever!
Navane
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Netherlands2762 Posts
April 08 2011 16:48 GMT
#53
How do I get 10$ towards you without paypal or credit card? I have neither.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 18:01:38
April 08 2011 17:29 GMT
#54
On April 09 2011 01:30 Kralic wrote:
Just need a Robin hood to buy the pack once and then release it to the masses for free.

Seriously it is cool you are trying to support your tournament, but there is a better way and that is to find a sponsor for it, can't find one, then keep on doing the tournament to prove it is worthwhile to invest into it as a sponsor..

It is hard to find sponsors for bw when all the ESPORT money go to Sc2 ( outside of Korea of course ).

Honestly as much as i appreciate the work of Game, NoOne and Joekim, i think that all the money should go to the prize pool of the next event.

I mean i think it will be really hard to get more than 500$ anyway.

So 500 x (1/10) = 50
25$ for Joekim and 25$ for NoOne ? This is kinda ridiculous =/
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
fazek42
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Hungary438 Posts
April 08 2011 18:00 GMT
#55
On April 08 2011 19:46 Sayle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2011 19:18 Sawamura wrote:
Does sayle gets the 10 % too ? I guess he should after all isl without him commentating makes it not an isl .


In the original version of the OP, Game included me along with nOoNe and JoeKim as recipients of the 10%. I asked to be taken out because I'm also somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of selling replays. I also don't really need the money, so I'd rather it go towards another awesome tournament anyway


Wow, Sayle is the man.
RHCPgergo
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Hungary345 Posts
April 08 2011 18:03 GMT
#56
On April 08 2011 23:30 Chef wrote:
This has embezzlement written all over it.


Just publicize the buyers' names and it's ok. I don't know why the buyers themselves would want it otherwise, after all they support the BW community with this move and should be proud of it.

As for the initiative I think it's ok, but I think there should be more emphasis on "donation" less on "sales". As seen above, it confuses people. Although I think most of them are just jumping the bandwagon.
byFd
Profile Joined May 2006
Germany620 Posts
April 08 2011 18:18 GMT
#57
On April 09 2011 03:03 RHCPgergo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2011 23:30 Chef wrote:
This has embezzlement written all over it.


Just publicize the buyers' names and it's ok. I don't know why the buyers themselves would want it otherwise, after all they support the BW community with this move and should be proud of it.

As for the initiative I think it's ok, but I think there should be more emphasis on "donation" less on "sales". As seen above, it confuses people. Although I think most of them are just jumping the bandwagon.

i'd imaginge i buy the reppack from game and he puts my name in the OP and i get instantly over 9000 pms.
(>°_°)>
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
April 08 2011 18:33 GMT
#58
People need to read and think before they post. All I'm going to say, I can tell over half the haters have not read anything but the title.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 19:13:24
April 08 2011 19:10 GMT
#59
On April 09 2011 03:03 RHCPgergo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2011 23:30 Chef wrote:
This has embezzlement written all over it.


Just publicize the buyers' names and it's ok. I don't know why the buyers themselves would want it otherwise, after all they support the BW community with this move and should be proud of it.

I was pointing out how it's suspicious that he goes out of his way to say buyers are anonymous -.-

Chef is one well practiced in forum posting (and trolling). Chef I have played SC for ten years and have often times read your posts on the sites I read teamliquid.net and staredit.net. Of the five years I AFK'd in op sen when you were a user of staredit.net, and the years I played on ICCUP, I have not seen you once online on battle.net. 6,000 forum posts serves to prove my point. Also, in fear of omnipotent ban hammer, I will not post again in this thread.

Are you a stalker? You've never seen me on B.net maybe because I don't know who the hell you are? Are you that guy that took a bunch of Pro Maps and claimed he made them? That was hilarious.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2685 Posts
April 08 2011 20:39 GMT
#60
I've seen chef on bnet o.O
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 193
ProTech157
JuggernautJason62
CosmosSc2 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 755
White-Ra 199
Dewaltoss 103
Hyuk 92
firebathero 74
Trap 49
Sacsri 23
Bale 15
Dota 2
Gorgc8449
qojqva1404
Counter-Strike
fl0m1505
Fnx 829
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3525
Khaldor1145
crisheroes1072
Liquid`Hasu533
Other Games
summit1g5498
FrodaN1760
XBOCT265
C9.Mang0176
ArmadaUGS167
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur315
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 26m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 26m
Online Event
15h 26m
FEL
20h 26m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.