• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:38
CEST 21:38
KST 04:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9840 users

[Interview]10.10.27 - OZ vs MBC Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 14:24:22
October 27 2010 14:00 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Sea and Light

- Thoughts on Victory?
▲ Light[Alive]= I'm actually happier with beating Jaedong than the fact that our team won. Honestly, Plains is really a Protoss-favored map so I only practiced TvP. I did better than I expected - I didn't have high expectations for myself and would have been happy just taking a set (? not sure), but suddenly I felt that they might use Jaedong rather than a P, so I started practicing TvZ as well. That definitely paid off strategically.

▲ Sea[shield]= I also wondered if I might face Jaedong - that made me nervous. But Jaedong appeared in Set 3, and so I was able to relax and play without pressure. In all honesty, it's really luckier not to play him (haha).

- Was it difficult (Light) during your losing streak?
▲ Light[Alive]= Psychologically, not really. Just do what you did in practice and you'll be fine - right now it's the beginning of the season and there's not that much to worry about. The key really is in match preparation.

- Tell us about your match with Jaedong
▲ Light[Alive]= Plains is a hard map to play. It's already Z-favored; Jaedong makes it even worse. I just went into it with a must-win attitude, and thankfully was able to emerge victoriously.

-Sea didn't play well last match
▲ Sea[shield]= I wanted to win with a single push (?) but failed, and that screwed me over. That wasn't my original plan, but I decided to go for it since I had an advantage, and got overconfident. From that, I learned never to slip up even for a moment, to fight on until the game ends. Killer prepared well for today's match - although I was behind for a bit, I was able to mine more resources, and that's why I won.

- Both of you players rarely win together
▲ Sea[shield]= Well, in a Bo5 you definitely need two players who can take sets; that's even more important in a Bo7. We believed in our teammates, so we felt that even if we lost, our other teammates would pick up the slack.
▲ Light[Alive]= That's how I felt too.The most important thing was to first end the losing streak. Thankfully we won today, I feel things are looking up.

- Right now you only have a Zerg coach and Protoss coach - tough luck for you Ts?
▲ Sea[shield]= It's always been like that, nothing new. Light and I just have to persevere. Everyone works harder because of it.
▲ Light[Alive]= Yeah, things haven't really changed, just do what you can.

- Your next match is against STX
▲ Sea[shield]= I'm confident. Next week is individual match (individual leagues?), so it doesn't change anything. We will win.
▲ Light[Alive]= It's more important to prepare well and play a game that you can be proud of rather than to go into a match with confidence.

-Final remarks?
▲ Sea[shield]= Tomorrow we have MSL Prelims. I haven't been to one in 3 years (haha), so I'm in a good mood. I'll get some quality rest. I hope my teammates win!
▲ Light[Alive]= I also wish my teammates do well in the individual leagues. I'm competing in the OSL, and I really want to advance, but it'll be difficult. Lately I've seen a lot of depressed (or "down") players, and it's disappointing. I'm sure Hiya was disappointed in himself today. When I think of my own losing streak... well, I hope he cheers up.

*** not familiar with Chinese SC terms - I'm not entirely sure if'網吧 meant individual leagues or something?

[image loading]


- Yor thoughts on successfully defeating the enemy's T lineup?
▲ By.Han= Really happy. Losing to Air Force was really disappointing, and it made today's victory sweeter. Our team has finally gotten back on track to victory.
▲ n.Die_Jaehoon= Han and I both lost against Air Force - it was sad and awkward. I took it pretty hard; quite embarrassing. But today we made up for it a bit, thankfully.

- You took the loss against Air Force quite hard?
▲ n.Die_Jaehoon= My teammates all said in the 10-11 season we probably would see no more than three 4:0 scores, but we lost to Air Force terribly... definitely a severe blow.

- Jaehoon made a comeback today
▲ n.Die_Jaehoon= I've encountered such disadvantageous situations in practice, but never in a televised game. My opponent gave me a lot of time, and allowed me to recover to a certain extent. I focused on resource collection and ultimately made a comeback. I was too cautious in battle and wasted some time. It's a pity I wasn't able to use DAs effectively. I didn't use my resources effectively either, in the end. That's why this match was so ugly. What can I say.

- Han's game was great, but you seemed to have some trouble (facial expression).
▲ By.Han= I was concentrating very hard, so I can't really remember about that. I just focused on playing well, not thinking about anything else. My opponent being too passive helped me out a bit.

- Your late-game was well played
▲ By.Han= I knew I definitely had the advantage, and so I started pushing forward. My opponent defended well and that threw me off a bit. But because I was never really in a bad position, I won fairly easily.

- Last season MBC's Ps did poorly, this season they seem to be doing well
▲ By.Han= If Jaehoon-hyung is playing so well, we'll have a great season (haha).
▲ n.Die_Jaehoon= We've got 6 great players on our team - besides this core, the rest of our lineup is relatively weak, so if someone loses then we're in trouble. All three races need to do well. Right now things are just beginning and results aren't that important. Rather, it's keeping it up and maintaining a posititive attitude.

-Thoughts on the future?
▲ n.Die_Jaehoon= I hope Hana and I will both win more often. Today's games were pretty good. I can learn a lot from him; our Protoss lineup will definitely become stronger.
▲ By.Han= Jaehoon-hyung is too humble, I'm the one who should be learning from him (haha). I'm starting to get into the zone. Today our Zergs didn't do well, I hope they improve in the future. In particular, I hope Saint[z-zone]-hyung wins!
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
invisible.terran
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States280 Posts
October 27 2010 14:05 GMT
#2
Thank you for your translation :D
"Until the very very top, in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in, the only problem is most people cant work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they dont have a real passion for." - Idra
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 14:08:50
October 27 2010 14:08 GMT
#3
Jaedong Oz is doomed with bo7.
Edit:thx for translation!
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
October 27 2010 14:11 GMT
#4
Hahaha, that bit from Light about being happier about beating JD than having his team be victorious was really great. So un-progamerlike IMO. Nice to see some flair from these fine young lads. Though I'm surprised about how many players speak like they're JD fanboys, unable to comprehend defeating him unless they are lucky or whatever.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
October 27 2010 14:12 GMT
#5
They killed my liquibet and they eliminated my Jaedong. I still can't stay mad at them, they've been through a lot.
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 14:15:50
October 27 2010 14:15 GMT
#6
Thanks for translating!

=))
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
October 27 2010 14:22 GMT
#7
-Thoughts on the future?
▲ n.Die_Jaehoon= I hope Hana and I will both win more often. Today's games were pretty good. I can learn a lot from him; our Protoss lineup will definitely become stronger.
▲ By.Han= Jaedong-hyung is too humble, I'm the one who should be learning from him (haha). I'm starting to get into the zone. Today our Zergs didn't do well, I hope they improve in the future. In particular, I hope Saint[z-zone]-hyung wins!


I'm pretty sure its Jaehoon and not Jaedong haha. Other than that, thanks for translating! Sad to see Jaedong lose today though. But losing against TvZ specialist Light doesn't seem bad compared to losing to someone else
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
October 27 2010 14:24 GMT
#8
On October 27 2010 23:22 Invictus wrote:
Show nested quote +
-Thoughts on the future?
▲ n.Die_Jaehoon= I hope Hana and I will both win more often. Today's games were pretty good. I can learn a lot from him; our Protoss lineup will definitely become stronger.
▲ By.Han= Jaedong-hyung is too humble, I'm the one who should be learning from him (haha). I'm starting to get into the zone. Today our Zergs didn't do well, I hope they improve in the future. In particular, I hope Saint[z-zone]-hyung wins!


I'm pretty sure its Jaehoon and not Jaedong haha. Other than that, thanks for translating! Sad to see Jaedong lose today though. But losing against TvZ specialist Light doesn't seem bad compared to losing to someone else


Whoops, my bad! Thanks for the catch, updated.
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
nosliw
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2716 Posts
October 27 2010 14:40 GMT
#9
網吧 = internet cafe = i.e. place where you play games
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
October 27 2010 14:50 GMT
#10
Yeah, I know that technically 網吧 = internet cafe, but the thing is, in context of the interview it didn't make any sense, and also on the wfbrood site they refer to the MSL prelims with 網吧 as well. Maybe they're referring to the offline qualifiers?
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
October 27 2010 14:59 GMT
#11
thanks for the translation! sad to see Hiya not stepping up for OZ...
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 15:04:13
October 27 2010 15:03 GMT
#12
Hopefully Light qualifies for the OSL and does well
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
October 27 2010 15:18 GMT
#13
Still the same two MBC terrans... there's something to admire about that... .... something.
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 15:22:37
October 27 2010 15:22 GMT
#14
▲ Sea[shield]= Well, in a Bo5 you definitely need two players who can take sets; that's even more important in a Bo7. We believed in our teammates, so we felt that even if we lost, our other teammates would pick up the slack.

lol that's a lie and you damn well know it sea

Well... then again they were playing Oz
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
October 27 2010 15:29 GMT
#15
I wonder what all the matchup statistics are so far this year. It seems that Terrans always winning TvZ, Protoss is always winning PvT, and zerg is always winning ZvP O-o (more so than previous years)
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
October 27 2010 15:29 GMT
#16
On October 27 2010 23:50 Funnytoss wrote:
Yeah, I know that technically 網吧 = internet cafe, but the thing is, in context of the interview it didn't make any sense, and also on the wfbrood site they refer to the MSL prelims with 網吧 as well. Maybe they're referring to the offline qualifiers?


The word used in the Korean transcript was 예선, which is prelims. So I think they mean the offline qualifiers yes.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
rainei
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada1316 Posts
October 27 2010 15:34 GMT
#17
That's why this match was so ugly. What can I say.


No kidding eh? Light vs JD was such an exciting match I can't say I'm sad that JD lost.
All aboard the HSY fanboat/train/ whatever form of transportation you desire!! Everyday is Sojin day
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 524
UpATreeSC 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 994
Dewaltoss 119
firebathero 83
Zeus 68
Trap 40
910 40
Bale 27
ToSsGirL 21
NaDa 20
JYJ 16
[ Show more ]
Shine 14
Dota 2
Gorgc6294
420jenkins242
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1494
edward200
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS142
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2016
Other Games
summit1g5111
Grubby3011
B2W.Neo642
Beastyqt630
byalli421
shahzam330
KnowMe176
C9.Mang0155
TKL 140
Railgan15
Chillindude13
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV263
BasetradeTV255
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 7
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur351
• WagamamaTV273
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 22m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 22m
Stellar Fest
17h 22m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.