• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:22
CEST 06:22
KST 13:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8120 users

[Interview] WCG 2010 Grand Finals Day 1 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 02:41:22
October 01 2010 02:04 GMT
#1
And by Winners, I mean Flash, Jaedong, and Kal

[image loading]


Q: You finished today’s group stage games with two wins.
A: I’m happy that the beginning has gone smoothly. Because this is my first time participating in WCG, I was pretty worried, but today I hit full steam quickly. I’ll win every one of my games tomorrow as well, and I will continue to work hard.

Q: How was playing against foreigners? [T/N non-Koreans]
A: Even if the competition didn’t favor me, I wouldn’t have been incredibly worried. Because today’s opponents were foreigners, I felt I would definitely win, and this mindset helped me play comfortably.

Q: Your evaluation of the foreigners’ skill?
A: At the East Asia Indoor Games [T/N thanks Kyuukyuu] I faced foreigners for the first time. This time, I also judged them by their skill level from that time, but I think I severely underestimated them. So at the start, I was a little scared.

Q: The games ended very early, what do you plan to do for the rest of the day?
A: If I’ve got time, I’ll go shopping. I don’t think I’ll have that much time tomorrow.

Q: If you advance as first in your group, you might meet Jaedong in the semis.
A: The Lee-Ssang-Rok always gives me a troublesome fight [T/N thanks Cambium]. (haha) No matter who wins between us, one is guaranteed to go to the finals, so I hope whichever one of us wins earns the gold. If that player is me, that’s even better. (haha)

source: http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_56117.html

[image loading]


Q: You won three times in the first day of the group stage.
A: I don’t feel strongly about it. One way or another, I just felt that I had to win against the foreigners, no matter what. I felt capable of appearing calmly.

Q: How strong were the foreigners compared to last year?
A: The same, not much improvement. As long as I didn’t play too loosely, I could win easily.

Q: It’s possible that if you advance as 1st in your group, you’ll face Flash in the semis.
A: I already knew that. I’ll definitely face him. One way or another, we will meet, so I really don’t care when it is. Winning is best, but if I lose I won’t be too disheartened. I just want to play an exciting game. There are many foreign spectators watching, so I must show them an outstanding match.

Q: Today’s games are already over, what will you go do?
A: I’m going to go shopping. [T/N note: same ans as Flash] The shopping centers are having a sale right now, so I’ll go and simultaneously explore Los Angeles’ urban area a bit.

Q: How is this year’s WCG Grand Finals compared to last year’s in China?
A: The atmosphere just isn’t the same. In China, the spectators were both intense and numerous, but in Los Angeles, I don’t feel the same intensity. Compared to SCBW, these spectators are more interested in Warcraft 3.

source: http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_56117_2.html

[image loading]


Q: You won twice in the first day of the group stage.
A: I don’t know why, but something made me restless. Before my game with Lx, I felt extremely uneasy, but I was happy to earn two victories nevertheless.

Q: I heard you caught a cold last week.
A: Before, even if I caught a cold, I wouldn’t take medicine nor go to the hospital. This time, however, I took medicine in the three days before I left, but my cold persisted. I went to the hospital as well. The internet said it’s flu season right now [T/N at least in California it is], it made me uneasy. (haha)

Q: You ended up having a base trade with Lx.
A: It scared me. Even though the opening wasn’t advantageous to me, I was still satisfied with the outcome. My reaver lived, and the opponent’s was dead, so I felt no matter what happened I was guaranteed to win.

Q: How was your second game?
A: It was over too fast. Once one reaver emerged, the game was already over. My opponent was a national representative [T/N unsure], but compared to Korea the skill gap was really big. When I played, I also saw the other group games being played.

Q: Today’s games are over, what are you going to do?
A: I only know Flash and Jaedong, so I’ll do whatever they do. Probably check out the city streets. There’s no real practice environment, so I’d be hard-pressed to practice.

source: http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_56117_3.html
Translator:3
aimaimaim
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Philippines2167 Posts
October 01 2010 02:09 GMT
#2
I just hate the fact that Kal was there instead of Stork ..

Ultimate Turrent FTW
Religion is a dying idea .. || 'E-sport' outside Korea are nerds who wants to feel like rockstars. || I'm not gonna fuck with trolls on General Forum ever again .. FUCK!
Amnesia
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3818 Posts
October 01 2010 02:13 GMT
#3
A: I’m happy that the beginning has gone smoothly. Because this is my first time participating in WCG, I was pretty worried, but today I hit full steam quickly. I’ll win every one of my games tomorrow as well, and I will continue to work hard.

Flash, there is nothing for you to be worried about rofl
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
October 01 2010 02:13 GMT
#4
On October 01 2010 11:04 infinitestory wrote:

A: At the East Asian sports festival in Vietnam [T/N I don’t know what he’s referring to]


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=105119
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
October 01 2010 02:20 GMT
#5
Jaedong looks pretty hot in that picture. nohomo
[TLMS] REBOOT
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
October 01 2010 02:21 GMT
#6
[T/N who is 李双录? Does that refer to Jaedong?]


Lee-Ssang-Rok

FvJ
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
.risingdragoon
Profile Joined January 2008
United States3021 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-01 02:26:54
October 01 2010 02:25 GMT
#7
He said he's tired of LeeSsangRok, aka Flash vs Jaedong.

I'm tired too. Maybe when they play just for fun it'll be better.
......::::........::::........::::........::::........::::.......::::.......::::... Up☆MaGiC ...::::.......::::.......::::........::::........::::........::::........
nextstep
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada705 Posts
October 01 2010 02:25 GMT
#8
thanks for the translation.
go KHAN! TBLS <3
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
October 01 2010 02:30 GMT
#9
On October 01 2010 11:13 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2010 11:04 infinitestory wrote:

A: At the East Asian sports festival in Vietnam [T/N I don’t know what he’s referring to]


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=105119


On October 01 2010 11:21 Cambium wrote:
Show nested quote +
[T/N who is 李双录? Does that refer to Jaedong?]


Lee-Ssang-Rok

FvJ


Thanks guys, I see I still have much to learn as a translator
Translator:3
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
October 01 2010 02:40 GMT
#10
金甲 is a reaver, I think
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
October 01 2010 02:41 GMT
#11
On October 01 2010 11:40 Kyuukyuu wrote:
金甲 is a reaver, I think


Excellent
Translator:3
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
October 01 2010 02:45 GMT
#12
Thanks for translating! <3
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
October 01 2010 02:48 GMT
#13
On October 01 2010 11:40 Kyuukyuu wrote:
金甲 is a reaver, I think

"Golden Shell?" Crazy translation.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
October 01 2010 02:50 GMT
#14
On October 01 2010 11:48 LunarDestiny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2010 11:40 Kyuukyuu wrote:
金甲 is a reaver, I think

"Golden Shell?" Crazy translation.

Well, a reaver is golden, and it's a shell... some of the Chinese slang translations are odder than that (Flash's nickname is cult leader iirc)
Translator:3
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
October 01 2010 03:00 GMT
#15
lol Jaedong mad because USA cares about Warcraft 3
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
Tazza
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Korea (South)1678 Posts
October 01 2010 03:05 GMT
#16
I hope Jaedong wins this, Flash is too dominating
Ryusei-R1
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States2106 Posts
October 01 2010 03:09 GMT
#17
Oh my gosh, if they go wandering around LA I'm going to stalk them and take pictures.

FUCK YEAH
Jaedong plz
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
October 01 2010 03:18 GMT
#18
Chinese people have the weirdest SC unit name translations... I can't get over the fact that zerglings are "dogs" >.>
:)
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
October 01 2010 03:24 GMT
#19
So to sum it up:

Jaedong, Flash, and Kal: "Foreigners were scrubs, are scrubs, and always will be scrubs."
Fan of the Jangbanger
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
October 01 2010 03:25 GMT
#20
ahhh great interview! Its good to see someone else playing SC other than Jaedong and Flash -_-
go Kal!
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 251
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 606
Larva 405
Leta 68
NaDa 46
TT1 20
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm231
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g10283
WinterStarcraft443
Mew2King101
ViBE85
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1356
BasetradeTV269
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota292
League of Legends
• Rush1172
• Lourlo839
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 39m
INu's Battles
7h 39m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 39m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 39m
Replay Cast
18h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.