• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:11
CEST 22:11
KST 05:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9056 users

[Interview] Korean Air OSL 2010 Semifinal A Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 12:42:42
May 07 2010 12:15 GMT
#1
Today's Korean Air Starleague 2010 Semi-Final A Winner Is



.



.



.



+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
(T)Flash!!!

[image loading]
(T)Flash in his winning moment~





(T)Flash, "There's still a long road ahead of me"
"I'll work hard so that I can become the definite 'number one' player"


[image loading]


- You’ve now qualified for the finals two seasons in a row.
▲ I am really happy about being able to get to the finals two consecutive seasons in a row. Now, the golden mouse is left and I’ll make sure that I can win it.

- It must have been hard for you to prepare for two straight days of BoX matches.
▲ Though in interviews I spoke very confidently, to be honest, preparing for today’s match was very difficult. I didn’t practice as much as I would’ve liked so I was worried, but the games played out well and so with good luck I was able to win 3:0.

- You won all your games today pretty powerfully.
▲ I thought if I won yesterday’s games, I would be able to win today’s games too. With yesterday’s win, I gained a lot of confidence and my momentum has increased as well. Because of these things I think I was able to play well today.

- It seems you’ll never lose to protoss.
▲ Personally, I feel that my tvp is my weakest matchup. During practice, losing isn’t infrequent but for some strange reason, during my actual live matches things always seem to work out. I do believe compared to my other matchups tvp is my weakest, but this might just be because my team’s protoss are very strong.

- Did you predict you would win 3:0?
▲ Honestly, I thought I would either win 3:2 or lose. Because I knew (P)Pure hyung had a long time to prepare, I was feeling nervous, but for some reason, during the live games everything played out very smoothly.

- At this rate it seems you’ll be in both league finals again
▲ If that happens I think I’ll be ecstatic. It’s a record that’s hard for any player to set, and I feel like it's also a record that would be extremely hard for anyone to beat; I think it’s great that I’m already in position to set such a record. I’ll make sure that I can win the OSL twice in a row.

- Your playing style seems to have changed a bit.
▲ In today’s game, I did switch it up a bit. If the games stretched out to long matches, I thought it would be too physically exhausting for me so I focused on my timing pushes and I think that was on point today. Canceling my starport during the 2nd set was also a momentary decision. For some reason I felt if I just massed up units and pushed out, I would be able to win.

- Some evaluate you as the closest thing to the perfect terran.
▲ It’s quite an honor. I am thankful for such a label but personally I believe I’m still lacking. There’s still a long road ahead of me since I’m still young and growing a lot as a player. I don’t think I’m definitely the “number one player” yet, and I’ll only earn such a title by working harder.

- Between (P)Kal and (Z)EffOrt, who do you want to play in the finals?
▲ Because I’ve already played a lot of protoss, if (Z)EffOrt advances I think I’d be able to show more entertaining play.

- The OSL finals location this time has been decided to be held at Kimpo International Airport.
▲ Honestly I heard this news a month ago from the PD, and when I heard that I remember thinking I really wanted to get to the finals. I think if I win the finals at such a location it would be pretty awesome, and between my OSL victories I think it could quite possibly be the most memorable.

- Last words you want to say?
▲ I want to say thank you to (P)Stats and (P)Violet who stayed behind to practice with me despite the fact that it was the team’s day off. Also, after our team lost to Samsung KHAN in the proleague, I felt like our team was looked down upon by other teams, but from now on I’ll make sure that our team kills the other teams. Lastly, tomorrow is Parents Day (t/n: national holiday in Korea) and though I can’t go see them personally, I want to give my parents today’s win as a present. On top of this, I’ll make sure that I can win in the finals as well.

Original source: fomos & daily esports
Mostly fomos - used daily esports to clarify some answers.




As always, feedback welcome and appreciated!
Congratulations to my boy flash<3 Can see he's definitely maturing a lot as a player and person.
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
Beachac
Profile Joined June 2009
United States278 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 12:17:00
May 07 2010 12:16 GMT
#2
first

edit: awesome, thanks for the fast interview
uriel-
Profile Joined August 2007
Singapore1867 Posts
May 07 2010 12:16 GMT
#3
Thanks for the quick translation ^^
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
May 07 2010 12:19 GMT
#4
looooooool damn i totally forgot about the semis today wtf- _- o well 3-0 rape lawl!

crazy flash.

thanks for translating!
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
May 07 2010 12:20 GMT
#5
Thanks Smix, you're an awesome translator.

Go Lee Young Ho!
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
May 07 2010 12:22 GMT
#6
lol Flash thinking TvP is his weakest matchup.

Imo it's his strongest.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
QibingZero
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
2611 Posts
May 07 2010 12:23 GMT
#7
Flash being very kind to Pure in this interview, it seems.

And it's pretty amazing that in recent interviews Flash keeps saying he has a lot to work on in his game still. I'd love to see what better than his current form looks like. =P
Oh, my eSports
Beachac
Profile Joined June 2009
United States278 Posts
May 07 2010 12:25 GMT
#8
his mentality is perfect. that's why he's the best right now, and probably will be until broodwar dies.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 12:34:28
May 07 2010 12:31 GMT
#9
fast trasnaltion, ty

flash is so gm.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
May 07 2010 12:33 GMT
#10
Thanks for translation.

Hope Flash takes this OSL (and he probably will... especially if Effort advances)
[TLMS] REBOOT
arew
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Lithuania1861 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 12:37:55
May 07 2010 12:37 GMT
#11
nice interview!
+ Show Spoiler +
FlaSh is imba o.ov
750/750 emotions fully stacked
RushWifDietCoke
Profile Joined May 2008
United States488 Posts
May 07 2010 12:40 GMT
#12
Thanks for the translation. The " I'll make sure our team KILLS the other teams" made me laugh.
Nothing to it but to do it.
krndandaman
Profile Joined August 2009
Mozambique16569 Posts
May 07 2010 12:42 GMT
#13
--- Nuked ---
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
May 07 2010 12:44 GMT
#14
man he's so manner. The games were definitely entertaining. Heres to hoping for some gg's in the finals.

Thanks for the interview.
TheMunkey
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada470 Posts
May 07 2010 12:45 GMT
#15
Flash looking stronger than ever..He we will tough to beat. Thanks for translating!
Never give up
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
May 07 2010 12:52 GMT
#16
I don't see Kal or Effort having any change vs Flash. Hoping for a Powerfull finals between Flash and JD.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
May 07 2010 12:56 GMT
#17
rofl flash is so ridiculous...

he takes his manner a bit too far I think, I mean "I thought I would win 3:2 or lose", are you for rela? But then again I guess it's his never underestimating his opponents that makes him as dominant as he is. If Savior had had that mindset history might have gone down differently..
beep boop
tenacity
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1587 Posts
May 07 2010 12:57 GMT
#18
i love flash ;O
It does not need to be fun to be fun.
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
May 07 2010 12:58 GMT
#19
Thanks for the interview... but flash is so boring " oh no im not good enough" .

Just hate that false modesty when everyone knows he is the best by far atm ,
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-07 13:03:20
May 07 2010 13:00 GMT
#20
- Did you predict you would win 3:0?
▲ Honestly, I thought I would either win 3:2 or lose. Because I knew Pure hyung had a long time to prepare, I was feeling nervous, but for some reason, during the live games everything played out very smoothly.


yeah right Flash

Don't deny it
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O84
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason175
BRAT_OK 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15434
Artosis 759
ZZZero.O 84
Mind 75
Hyun 39
NaDa 25
Bale 23
Dota 2
qojqva2657
420jenkins585
League of Legends
Doublelift2332
JimRising 68
Counter-Strike
Fnx 648
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6761
Khaldor1216
Liquid`Hasu951
Other Games
summit1g6635
FrodaN2323
B2W.Neo785
byalli318
ToD222
KnowMe65
Railgan37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1334
BasetradeTV260
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
StarCraft 2
angryscii 30
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 11
• Hupsaiya 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• FirePhoenix10
• FT.aCt)Sony2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie726
• Shiphtur261
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 49m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 49m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.