• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:00
CEST 05:00
KST 12:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7106 users

[Interviews]Ever OSL Ro8 Day 2 Winners - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
foeffa
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Belgium2115 Posts
December 25 2009 13:25 GMT
#41
Tx for this. Be glad Livestream wasn't up so you didn't have to witness Shine kicking Stork out of the league.
觀過斯知仁矣.
MountainDewJunkie
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States10346 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-25 13:55:19
December 25 2009 13:46 GMT
#42
Seriously, how can you still hate Shine? The dude is all manner.

On December 25 2009 21:31 SilverskY wrote:
Calm is talking mad cocky. I hope he gets his ass stomped 3-0.


Seriously, what was he supposed to say? I'm not confident I will win? I was secretly rooting for Jaedong? I don't care if I lose? -_-
[21:07] <Shock710> whats wrong with her face [20:50] <dAPhREAk> i beat it the day after it came out | <BLinD-RawR> esports is a giant vagina
We Are Here
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Australia1810 Posts
December 25 2009 14:04 GMT
#43
am i the only one excited for the semis? calm vs flash probably wont be as one sided as most of you think and movie's pvsz, which is somewhat different from stork and bisus, vs shines overly aggressive style of zvsp should be interesting
He who turns those around him into allies, possesses the most terrifying ability in the world.
Zozma
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1626 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-25 14:22:33
December 25 2009 14:22 GMT
#44
Flash proxied a barracks and pulled 5 SCVs to bunker rush. To my mind, that's cheese.

I can't help but think that if Jaedong had won a game with 9 pool against Flash playing standard, you would say that was cheese. And 9 pool is not cheese at all- at the very least, far less cheese than what Flash went with.
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-25 14:35:16
December 25 2009 14:35 GMT
#45
Protoss, Flash's natural enemy.
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
December 25 2009 14:38 GMT
#46
Damn that was fast. Thanks for the interview after a rather chaotic night

Go Movie! Believe in yourself you can do it kid!
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
December 25 2009 14:40 GMT
#47
sdweeeet thanks!! :D:D:D:D
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
b0lt
Profile Joined March 2009
United States790 Posts
December 25 2009 14:42 GMT
#48
On December 25 2009 23:22 Zozma wrote:
Flash proxied a barracks and pulled 5 SCVs to bunker rush. To my mind, that's cheese.

I can't help but think that if Jaedong had won a game with 9 pool against Flash playing standard, you would say that was cheese. And 9 pool is not cheese at all- at the very least, far less cheese than what Flash went with.


I'm pretty sure flash would have been ahead even if he didn't bunker rush, but he scouted the 12 hatch and realized that he could pull off a successful bunker rush, and did so.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
December 25 2009 14:49 GMT
#49
Shine actually seems like a really nice guy, i can't hate him even though I'm a huge Stork fan

oh well, there's always next season
I drop suckas like Plinko
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
December 25 2009 14:51 GMT
#50
I gotta admit... Shine is pretty gosu >,<
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
StRyKeR
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States1752 Posts
December 25 2009 14:58 GMT
#51
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jaedonggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Ars longa, vita brevis, principia aeturna.
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
December 25 2009 15:05 GMT
#52
On December 25 2009 21:30 mmgoose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2009 21:28 darktreb wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:26 Geo.Rion wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:24 darktreb wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:23 Geo.Rion wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:19 lazz wrote:
-Was the bunker rush an improvised strategy?
▲No, it was a strategy that required considerable timing and preparation. That's why I prepared it very careful. I knew that it would work, so I pushed out confidently and I think that it turned out very well.

-Would it have been dangerous for you if your opponent didn't go 12hatch?
▲Even if he didn't go 12hatch, it would have been a usable strategy. Despite the early marine production, I knew where to scout to capture the overlords thanks to my preparation. Even if he decided to choose a different strategy, I still would have had a chance to win.


people calling 8 rax cheese need to read this and have a deep long think about what they're saying

Hillarious.
He says he would have had a chanse to win. You have decent chanse to win even if you fail with 6 pool. So it's not cheese, right? (Oystein had a guide written on it iirc)

These rabid flashfans are so ridiculous, stating he did not cheese.


Yeah Flash cheesed Jaedong. It was brilliant and he advanced. He also absolutely destroyed him straight up in game 1. I can't believe JD fans are still talking.

Did you read that i said Flash does not deserve to advance? No. I say he cheesed, which is clear as the Sun, and i dont like ppl who say the white wall is black.


He cheesed, he won, he's also currently the better player - are we done here?


i think jaedong fans have a right to vent their frustration however ridiculous the delusional arguments may be,


dont really now what are you talking about, but whatever, i'm talking about cheese, find a better place for your anti-jd fanatism.

For some ppl apparently beside BBS in the middle of the map and pullin 3/4 of the scvs nothing is cheese in TvZ, i got nothing to say to them.

On December 25 2009 21:40 Scaramanga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2009 21:26 Geo.Rion wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:24 darktreb wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:23 Geo.Rion wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:19 lazz wrote:
-Was the bunker rush an improvised strategy?
▲No, it was a strategy that required considerable timing and preparation. That's why I prepared it very careful. I knew that it would work, so I pushed out confidently and I think that it turned out very well.

-Would it have been dangerous for you if your opponent didn't go 12hatch?
▲Even if he didn't go 12hatch, it would have been a usable strategy. Despite the early marine production, I knew where to scout to capture the overlords thanks to my preparation. Even if he decided to choose a different strategy, I still would have had a chance to win.


people calling 8 rax cheese need to read this and have a deep long think about what they're saying

Hillarious.
He says he would have had a chanse to win. You have decent chanse to win even if you fail with 6 pool. So it's not cheese, right? (Oystein had a guide written on it iirc)

These rabid flashfans are so ridiculous, stating he did not cheese.


Yeah Flash cheesed Jaedong. It was brilliant and he advanced. He also absolutely destroyed him straight up in game 1. I can't believe JD fans are still talking.

Did you read that i said Flash does not deserve to advance? No. I say he cheesed, which is clear as the Sun, and i dont like ppl who say the white wall is black.

A white wall can be black if there is no light ^^

had to be said i guess...

On December 25 2009 21:49 writer22816 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2009 21:23 Geo.Rion wrote:
You have decent chanse to win even if you fail with 6 pool.


No, you wouldn't.


I could only recommend Oystein's thread, apparently the search function is broken (is it just me?) but he explains the build, and even gives a rep where he deals the least ammonut of dmg with the 6pool and still trasitions into normal play nicely. It's cheese, just as proxy 7 or 8rax, or athor porxies.
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
December 25 2009 15:07 GMT
#53
On December 25 2009 21:24 darktreb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2009 21:23 Geo.Rion wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:19 lazz wrote:
-Was the bunker rush an improvised strategy?
▲No, it was a strategy that required considerable timing and preparation. That's why I prepared it very careful. I knew that it would work, so I pushed out confidently and I think that it turned out very well.

-Would it have been dangerous for you if your opponent didn't go 12hatch?
▲Even if he didn't go 12hatch, it would have been a usable strategy. Despite the early marine production, I knew where to scout to capture the overlords thanks to my preparation. Even if he decided to choose a different strategy, I still would have had a chance to win.


people calling 8 rax cheese need to read this and have a deep long think about what they're saying

Hillarious.
He says he would have had a chanse to win. You have decent chanse to win even if you fail with 6 pool. So it's not cheese, right? (Oystein had a guide written on it iirc)

These rabid flashfans are so ridiculous, stating he did not cheese.


Yeah Flash cheesed Jaedong. It was brilliant and he advanced. He also absolutely destroyed him straight up in game 1. I can't believe JD fans are still talking.

IF Jaedong fans didnt bitch about how he mis microed 1 unit, got cheesed, played poorly, lokoed tired, is overworked, didnt really practice, did a stupid decision
they wouldnt be true jaedong fans.
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
marcoso *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Brazil818 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-25 16:10:24
December 25 2009 15:15 GMT
#54
It's awesome how almost all top players are Flash's "hyung".

And thanks GhostWriter, for the translations! =)

synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
December 25 2009 15:18 GMT
#55
Everyone suddenly talks about 8rax -> bunker rush being some kind of imba 100% win strategy

=______=
:)
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
December 25 2009 15:22 GMT
#56
On December 25 2009 21:25 Geo.Rion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2009 21:23 lazz wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:21 DragoonPK wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:19 lazz wrote:
-Was the bunker rush an improvised strategy?
▲No, it was a strategy that required considerable timing and preparation. That's why I prepared it very careful. I knew that it would work, so I pushed out confidently and I think that it turned out very well.

-Would it have been dangerous for you if your opponent didn't go 12hatch?
▲Even if he didn't go 12hatch, it would have been a usable strategy. Despite the early marine production, I knew where to scout to capture the overlords thanks to my preparation. Even if he decided to choose a different strategy, I still would have had a chance to win.


people calling 8 rax cheese need to read this and have a deep long think about what they're saying


Its cheese, but its perfected cheese. Thats why it worked.

It's not cheese though, because it's not all-in. He knew it would work. it had a definite pay off. that's not cheese.

ugh, there s been a long time since i saw some1 stating sg so obviously wrong with this dedication. I thhink it was taht finnish guy in PR like half a year ago. Just go to bed, kid.


Couple of hours ago I saw some Romanian guy stating Flash went 6 rax. Any idea who may that be?
11cc
Profile Joined May 2008
Finland561 Posts
December 25 2009 15:23 GMT
#57
On December 26 2009 00:05 Geo.Rion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2009 21:30 mmgoose wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:28 darktreb wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:26 Geo.Rion wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:24 darktreb wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:23 Geo.Rion wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:19 lazz wrote:
-Was the bunker rush an improvised strategy?
▲No, it was a strategy that required considerable timing and preparation. That's why I prepared it very careful. I knew that it would work, so I pushed out confidently and I think that it turned out very well.

-Would it have been dangerous for you if your opponent didn't go 12hatch?
▲Even if he didn't go 12hatch, it would have been a usable strategy. Despite the early marine production, I knew where to scout to capture the overlords thanks to my preparation. Even if he decided to choose a different strategy, I still would have had a chance to win.


people calling 8 rax cheese need to read this and have a deep long think about what they're saying

Hillarious.
He says he would have had a chanse to win. You have decent chanse to win even if you fail with 6 pool. So it's not cheese, right? (Oystein had a guide written on it iirc)

These rabid flashfans are so ridiculous, stating he did not cheese.


Yeah Flash cheesed Jaedong. It was brilliant and he advanced. He also absolutely destroyed him straight up in game 1. I can't believe JD fans are still talking.

Did you read that i said Flash does not deserve to advance? No. I say he cheesed, which is clear as the Sun, and i dont like ppl who say the white wall is black.


He cheesed, he won, he's also currently the better player - are we done here?


i think jaedong fans have a right to vent their frustration however ridiculous the delusional arguments may be,


dont really now what are you talking about, but whatever, i'm talking about cheese, find a better place for your anti-jd fanatism.

For some ppl apparently beside BBS in the middle of the map and pullin 3/4 of the scvs nothing is cheese in TvZ, i got nothing to say to them.

Show nested quote +
On December 25 2009 21:40 Scaramanga wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:26 Geo.Rion wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:24 darktreb wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:23 Geo.Rion wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:19 lazz wrote:
-Was the bunker rush an improvised strategy?
▲No, it was a strategy that required considerable timing and preparation. That's why I prepared it very careful. I knew that it would work, so I pushed out confidently and I think that it turned out very well.

-Would it have been dangerous for you if your opponent didn't go 12hatch?
▲Even if he didn't go 12hatch, it would have been a usable strategy. Despite the early marine production, I knew where to scout to capture the overlords thanks to my preparation. Even if he decided to choose a different strategy, I still would have had a chance to win.


people calling 8 rax cheese need to read this and have a deep long think about what they're saying

Hillarious.
He says he would have had a chanse to win. You have decent chanse to win even if you fail with 6 pool. So it's not cheese, right? (Oystein had a guide written on it iirc)

These rabid flashfans are so ridiculous, stating he did not cheese.


Yeah Flash cheesed Jaedong. It was brilliant and he advanced. He also absolutely destroyed him straight up in game 1. I can't believe JD fans are still talking.

Did you read that i said Flash does not deserve to advance? No. I say he cheesed, which is clear as the Sun, and i dont like ppl who say the white wall is black.

A white wall can be black if there is no light ^^

had to be said i guess...

Show nested quote +
On December 25 2009 21:49 writer22816 wrote:
On December 25 2009 21:23 Geo.Rion wrote:
You have decent chanse to win even if you fail with 6 pool.


No, you wouldn't.


I could only recommend Oystein's thread, apparently the search function is broken (is it just me?) but he explains the build, and even gives a rep where he deals the least ammonut of dmg with the 6pool and still trasitions into normal play nicely. It's cheese, just as proxy 7 or 8rax, or athor porxies.


So you just want to discuss what is cheese and what is not, and none of this has anything to do with you just being a butthurt fanboy? Cool.

I can almost taste your tears from here.
ahole-surprise
Profile Joined August 2007
United States813 Posts
December 25 2009 15:39 GMT
#58
God damn it, I wanted Stork to win for a finals matchup with Flash. Every other possibility now is pretty underwhelming in comparison.

On a different note, how Flash won that game was a pretty good reminder how lame Terran can be in TvZ.
Pulp can move, baby!
InDaHouse
Profile Joined May 2008
Sweden956 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-25 15:44:35
December 25 2009 15:44 GMT
#59
Shine remember this interview because this will be your last OSL interview.
Stork protoss legend
InDaHouse
Profile Joined May 2008
Sweden956 Posts
December 25 2009 15:49 GMT
#60
Does anyone have netizen comments?
Stork protoss legend
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft428
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft428
RuFF_SC2 157
Nina 78
-ZergGirl 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2319
Bale 21
yabsab 13
Terrorterran 12
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto16
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1138
taco 410
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox651
Other Games
summit1g8156
JimRising 679
Day[9].tv495
C9.Mang0361
WinterStarcraft256
ViBE170
Livibee143
Sick140
Maynarde139
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1049
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv495
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h
Stellar Fest
10h
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.