• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:11
CEST 09:11
KST 16:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8102 users

Karry's Report (From Overseas with Love) - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14 15 Next All
GoSu
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Korea (South)1773 Posts
September 01 2009 19:23 GMT
#81
On September 02 2009 04:21 infinity21 wrote:
it means dagger


thank you, couldnt find the english word.
#1 olleh KT 팬 http://sports.kt.com/ | #1 김택용 선수 팬 | 좋은 선수: 송병구, 이제동, 도제욱, 정명훈, 이성은 | KeSPA 한국 e-Sports 협회
Elian
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States129 Posts
September 01 2009 20:13 GMT
#82
Awesome. Congrats NeverGG!

I'm thinking Kerry's Corner would be a sweeter name though.

Good luck with everything.
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
September 01 2009 20:22 GMT
#83
--- Nuked ---
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
September 01 2009 20:32 GMT
#84
On September 01 2009 23:53 NeverGG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2009 23:39 Klive5ive wrote:
I've always thought your photos are incredible; it's obvious you have real talent.

However (gulp), I found that article really hard to read. The content is great but there's just not enough punctuation and it doesn't flow at all.


Sorry you didn't like it, but it is my *first* after all. Also the punctuation might be off because it was sent to a Korean writer who then posted it to the site. The format in email was a bit iffy. Please be patient with me in this respect -_-;; Also if it didn't flow *at all* they wouldn't have allowed it onto the site so I think maybe you're exaggerating a bit there.

I am not a professional writer - I am doing my best though.

*Reminds herself to develop a thick skin over comments like this* -__________________________-


I think it was nicely written and easy to read. That is, easy to read for us.

I doubt all of the Korean readers can read and understand this article effortlessly. It has to do with the punctuation (as mentioned above), as well as the choice of words that are sometimes uncommon.
:]
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
September 01 2009 21:06 GMT
#85
Amazing!

Good job.
Graphics
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
September 01 2009 21:58 GMT
#86
this is so cool :D

wish you goodluck nevergg
keep'em pics coming :D
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
Scooge
Profile Joined December 2008
Iceland144 Posts
September 01 2009 22:15 GMT
#87
They really applied that photoshop in the banner @_@
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
September 01 2009 22:22 GMT
#88
That is totally awesome. I'm happy for your success!
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
September 01 2009 23:05 GMT
#89
On September 02 2009 01:23 krazymunky wrote:
lol when i read "who is kerry collins"
i was like Tennessee Titans QB?
good luck at Fomos!


I'd forgotten about him - I remember laughing so hard when I saw that Haha - I'm kind of happy with the Bisu comparison, but a football player....
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Pyrrhuloxia
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States6700 Posts
September 02 2009 00:17 GMT
#90
Hello! e-Sports

lol ESPORTS

Congratulations! I hope you have a great conversation with e-Sports.
snorlax
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States755 Posts
September 02 2009 00:35 GMT
#91
Nice, hope you have fun there NeverGG =]
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-02 00:55:35
September 02 2009 00:54 GMT
#92
On September 02 2009 03:54 Kerotan wrote:
I love the fact that you now have English netizens raging in the comments of your article.


Yeah - I'm pretty sure I know who it is who is making a big fuss in the thread and if they want me to keep covering things like this then it'd probably be better to quit nitpicking and just PM me instead. The punctuation was off because this went through a Korean worker (who doesn't speak much English at all.) and in formating it some of the punctuation appears to have vanished. It was all there in the mail I sent.

Anyway, as I said this is my *first* article outside of Teamliquid and I am a freelancer *not* a
pro-writer. Just go back and look at my first photos from April 2008 - things like this take practice.

Today I'm going off on my first interview assignment and as always with work that will be seen by TL/fomos I will do my best. Please remember I'm still doing this out of my own pocket, using my own money to pay for things like my camera/supplies and on top of a full-time teaching job. I'm also doing it for my passion regarding eSports so if you want to support me please do, but *please* don't make negative comments in the fomos post. I'd like to hope no one here wants to see me lose out on a chance to provide even better coverage for everyone.

I'm still laughing over the Bisu thing too. Oh netizens <3

우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 02 2009 02:08 GMT
#93
Congrats!
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
JodoYodo
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1772 Posts
September 02 2009 02:17 GMT
#94
Congrats!

Tell SkyHigh and Effort they have loads of fans in Canada. I heard SkyHigh said he was saddened that he didn't have many foreign fans, and that in turn makes me sad =(
Dance dance dance 'till we run this town!
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
September 02 2009 04:58 GMT
#95
On September 02 2009 11:17 JodoYodo wrote:
Congrats!

Tell SkyHigh and Effort they have loads of fans in Canada. I heard SkyHigh said he was saddened that he didn't have many foreign fans, and that in turn makes me sad =(


I'm probably interviewing him this afternoon so I'm going to ask him how his perceptions of himself as a gamer have changed since he went to Blizzcon and assure him he's got plenty of fans.

Oh and the netizens are still going on about the Bisu thing lol;

이여자 얼굴 김택용닮앗다.

I knew choosing Protoss was my destiny.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Elric
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom1327 Posts
September 02 2009 05:04 GMT
#96
Congrats Nevergg! I hope this is your break into pro-esports photography ^^

Some rough translations.....

Netizen
What the hell is this?
Netizen
Wow... Moving Article!
Netizen
Translation pleeease
Netizen
Isn't that NeverGG??!!
Netizen
Great article!
Netizen
G-..Good Article... *
Netizen
So moving. I almost cried ;(
Netizen
Ah.. so even foreigners upload reports of final matches!
Netizen
Huh?! It's that person? When I went to offline matches there was this foreigner girl taking photos.. this is her?!
Netizen
Good article.
Netizen
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I thought it was Bisu!!!!
Netizen
For the people who can't read English or who are just too lazy, here's a summary. It's about Jaedong and Yellow's path to the final matches, a report of the matches and the outcome.
Netizen
You can tell that much just by looking at the photos, you stupid fuck lol
Netizen
Go--Good article*
Netizen
Er...huh? [difficult English]
Netizen
Reading it was hard but it was a good article~
Netizen
FUCK THIS INTERNATIONALIZATION SHIT
Netizen
Ooh.. a writing about the OSL~
Netizen
The article was so moving. The writing was great.... Of course, I didn't read it lolkthx.
Netizen
This article makes me ill. [difficult English]
Netizen
The photos are really well taken!
Netizen
Got my uni entrance exam in 70 days.... Shall I translate this as English practice? :/ Ah shit...
Netizen
lool I came here to read a new article...and it's English??!
Netizen
Er...Goo..good article..*
Netizen
Why the hell is it in English lol. Translate it
Netizen
This article makes me ill.
Netizen
This article makes me ill.
Netizen
The Korean government wants to make us study English... THROUGH GAMES.... :/
Netizen
ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *pukes* [too much English]
Netizen
Great article!
I didn't read it.*
Netizen
Not 'you didn't read it'. You couldn't read it right? loooooool
Netizen
Listen fucker it's a Korean site so Fomos should translate it shouldn't they? loooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Netizen
Hi. I thought the girl was a photoshopped Bisu.
Netizen
ROFL I really thought it was a photoshopped Bisu too LOL
Netizen
lol.. [the article?] is so nice
Netizen
She really looks like Bisu?!
Netizen
Goo...Good article I couldn't read it ;( ;( ;( ;(
Netizen
Good article~
Netizen
lol what the hell does it say?
Netizen
I didnt read it lol. But even so, things like this are important as it shows us foreigners' interest
Netizen
Just dumping this here and telling us to read it is really irresponsible. Fomos??
Netizen
Looking at the photos, it's a really good article!
Netizen
:/ :/ ......... Translattion pleeease......
Netizen
Why?? When I see the girl.... why did I think it was a photoshopped Bisu..?! -_-

* I believe these comments are sarcastic - they're just saying they couldn't understand it :/
Btw, very very few of the comments are actualy spiteful, the negativeness is just directed at the lack of translation by Fomos, not nevergg.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-02 05:15:31
September 02 2009 05:09 GMT
#97
*Nods* I think some of the netizens totally missed the point about it not being just for Korean users of the site. The little netizen argument was pretty funny and all the Bisu comments made me laugh so hard. This was definitely my favorite though;

'Netizen:
I didnt read it lol. But even so, things like this are important as it shows us foreigners' interest.'

Someone got the point of the article I just hope the guys at fomos don't take the comments too much to heart because if it's too negative then i'm liable to get booted out -______-;; (which seems kind of likely if all the comments are ragging on fomos for not translating it into Korean.)

I will simplify down my english for the next article so it's easier for those Koreans with a level of English to read. It's an interview so it shouldn't be too difficult to make it more accessible to them as well. I was writing it way more with the foreign community in mind and I'd rather not get fomos slammed for this.

*STRESSSSSSSSSES*
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
pubbanana
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3063 Posts
September 02 2009 05:14 GMT
#98
Netizen
FUCK THIS INTERNATIONALIZATION SHIT

LOL
Wachet, stehet im Glauben, seid männlich und seid stark.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
September 02 2009 05:16 GMT
#99
On September 02 2009 14:14 pubbanana wrote:
Netizen
FUCK THIS INTERNATIONALIZATION SHIT

LOL


Yeah, it's a bit less funny to me because it could wreck my internship if people make comments like that often.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
pubbanana
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3063 Posts
September 02 2009 05:18 GMT
#100
I just thought it was hilarious because that is an extremely ridiculous thing to say.
Wachet, stehet im Glauben, seid männlich und seid stark.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4853
Leta 1852
Shuttle 1725
BeSt 394
Soma 123
Soulkey 63
ZergMaN 57
sorry 43
Shine 33
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 609
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King50
Other Games
summit1g8211
WinterStarcraft668
Sick210
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2273
League of Legends
• Rush1157
• Lourlo1116
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 49m
Patches Events
7h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 49m
OSC
15h 49m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.