Anyways, so I dual boot OS X + XP. I pre-allocated 20GB to the partition because I thought I wouldn't need any more than that to just play SC. After some applications later, and CS 1.6, I found out I was right, with 1 GB left to spare. The problem was, SC2 is coming out "soon" (Which I think is going to be in 1-2 years from now), and I needed more space. Not only for SC2, but to have the freedom to use any programs I wanted without worrying about that last one GB of free space.
So I back up my windows partition with the intention of removing the partition, re-allocating 30-40 GB, and then restoring it. Here's the problem, I never defragmented my computer, so my 50 or so GB of free space on my computer were in tiny chunks spread across the hard drive, and huge files were in the way of me creating the new partition.
As a result, I spent an hour clearing my free space (not just the directory), only to find out it didn't work. I spent another hour trying to find the hidden temporary file taking up my entire hard drive (as a result of stopping the free space clearing in the middle of the process). Finally, I find a defragmenting program, and I run it. That takes up four hours, then I had to go, so I stopped it, went home.
Due to the fact that the program I downloaded requires me on a different boot disc in order to do a complete detailed defragmentation, I looked for another one, found it, and began downloading with the hopes of me making it before I go to sleep, so I can run it over night. It was all going great, "blazing" speeds of 150kbps, and an estimated time of ~40 minutes. Not bad, until I check in an hour later, to find that it dropped to 15kbps, and while I'm typing this, 7.9kbps. I won't get it done tonight, which means I can't use my computer tomorrow because I'll be on a virtual boot disc with nothing but the defragging program and an operating system.
Worst of all though, if it doesn't fix my partitioning issue, I can't play SC on iCCup. OS X SC is just not the same. No third party applications, no anti-hack launcher, no LAN on b.net, or hamachi... nothing.
EDIT: Formatted a bit better for your eyes' sakes.
EDIT2: Update, though unrelated:
My seed rate just went form nil to ~80kbps. When that happened, my bit rate doubled (albeit, to 16kbps, not much, but better than before). Now, I would test if the UL rate actually is related to the seeds that you get, but I'm afraid to do so. If I stop uploading, and my DL drops, I'd hate myself.