I havent received the amp at the moment (should be here tomorrow) and I have no clue how to tune the guitar up (my friend will help me with it tomorrow too), but I would like to start practicing anyway.
Does any of you have any guides that I could read? Any recommended websites?
Currently, I read a relatively short guide that gives like 5 basic chords (in Polish http://www.chords.pl/kurs/chwyty_poczatkujacy/#h ) and found a nice youtube video
+ Show Spoiler +
Im trying to practice these, but it's quite hard lol
I have some questions however:
1) Am I some sort of mutant and are my hands to big or something (actually, Im kinda big..), because I can barely put 3 fingers at the nearby strings to play the A chord (I bought the guitar over the internet; are there like "different sizes"? I mean, I always buy the biggest mice possible and all these logitech minis are laughable for me.. ) or should I just get used to it?
2) How should I practice, basically as I understand I need to learn the basic chords first and then try to focus on transitions. Is there any "practice material" to do so, or should I just run over from A to G?
3) Why are the tabs so confusing, the strings seem to be counted from the bottom to the top? At least in the guitar I have the thickest string is on top
4) When I hit the strings, to play the "A" chord - should I hit all of them? Or only 5 (without the thickest)? Or maybe just the strings that Im actually holding?
5) How to practice the transitions and "apm" in general?
6) What are the biggest mistakes to make? Any bad habits etc
7) Any guides??
8) How to play this song:
I dont understand the tabs at all, lol, is there any guide towards understanding the symbols?
edit: I always start on the 2nd fret?