I have been thinking of starting to write battle reports. I have co-written one before, and I would like to strike out on my own, but there is one problem...I suck at BroodWar.
But you don't, so maybe that problem has a simple fix.
I am hereby sending out a request for replays so that I may begin reporting. (of course, I will post on either the blog or a thread at TL, so you can all read them when I finish.)
1. Must be 1 on 1 games, anything more than that is hard to keep track of in a report.
2. No fastest map games, or other variants, I don't think this really needs explaining.
3. I don't want a replay of you "pwning sum n00b", the closer the players are in skill level, the more interesting the report.
4. You don't have to be gosu, but both players should be reasonably skilled.
5. This isn't really a rule, but a request. The replay should have something that makes it stand out, like a comeback victory, or an off the wall strategy. "By the book" games, although beautiful in their own right, don't make for interesting re-tellings.
With your reps, please post a few lines about the replay, and why you think it would make for an interesting report. Assuming that more than one person will respond to this, I will try to let the person who's replay I chose know ahead of time, or maybe just post the one I chose here.
P.S. I know a way exists, but how does one watch replays from older patches?