So now I am playing the sequel The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE.
Here's a few things that bugs me like hell.
1. The first game had the same problem, irrational ways to reach or leave areas. For some reason the goddamn witcher cannot jump down a fence or through some stupid bushes. It just seems like a silly timesink to restrict the movement so much.
2. Omg the fucking doors! I hate them so much, sometimes they are load, sometimes not. But they enforce some slow pace everytime I have to go in and out of the first town. Run run run Witcher till you hit a door that somehow forces the lightning reflex witcher to casual strut through the fricking door.
3. The difficulty - This game has a tendency to thrash me at every corner. First the endregna queens who are insane fresh off the boat. The Wraith event that requires you to kill 8-9 wraiths is difficult. And then theres the main boss (letho) off the games series that just get thrown at you with a spammable quen sign, bombs and aard signs. You on the other hand dont get to chug a single potion. I was playing on normal and it felt like I couldnt get it down, and thought well then I'll turn the difficulty down a notch to easy and voilá I just use one Yrden sign and proceed to melee him down in one-two burst. There's a HUGE gap between normal and easy difficulty.
4. Speaking of potions, what is the reason that you need to sit down and drink the fucking potions if time doesnt pass anyway? In the first game you could chug pots whenever, and albeit good they were part of the game. Whats with the hole premeditated bullshit?
5. The whole interface seems dumbed down to xbox/ps3/we. I dont need a stupid stupid wheel interface everytime I want to check my inventory or use potions/
6. The axii persuation minigame: Press axii in conversation; proceed to win over every fricking person on the planet; profit. It just seems flat. The intimdation dialog is much more fun and interesting than the jedi mind tricks.
Other than that I like the game. Lol.