Also my computer is having troubles AGAIN . I think it may be overheating. Ever since I've gotten that thing I've had problems with it.
OH, lol, also my fantasy proleague team that I threw together is doing crazy good, which is surprising because I haven't been paying attention to who the hot players are in BW lately.
Onto the analysis:
(17)ZvZ: 4-13 23.5%
(15)ZvP:14- 1 93.3%
(10)ZvT: 6- 4 60.0%
(91)ZvZ: 40-51 43.9%
(74)ZvP: 50-24 67.5%
(77)ZvT: 43-34 55.8%
This set of games has some very interesting stats. ZvZ is keeping me down by far, I'm okay against Terran, and ZvP is definitely my most comfortable matchup.
I'm still horrible at ZvZ, though a large portion of those losses came from a horrible build, and basically losing as soon as my opponent's ling speed finished.
I've learned that ling speed is huge, and I'm now going a 14gas-13pool build and getting quick ling speed, pulling down to 2 drones on gas after, and going from there. I usually send in my first 2 lings into their base to scout.
That said, the trend is that I get absolutely rolled when it goes into a roach vs roach game, while I do okay to good in the ling portion of the game. The problem I've been having is, macroing roaches off 2 base, I would always have way too much gas and not enough minerals. So I tried only taking 3 gas, but I still had the same problem.
I'm 14-1 against Protoss in this set, and many of those games were some form of 1base aggression, either a 4gate attack or some sort of voidray + gate units attack on one base. The one game I lost was against a reasonably good Protoss, where I made 2 big mistakes: First, I didn't scout well enough early, and made too many lings and sunks while he just expanded. Second, I didn't scout well enough his army composition or production buildings later in the game, and when he rolled out with 6 or 7 colossus off 2robo, I wasn't ready for it.
But the moral of the story is, I'm having no trouble holding off 1base aggression from Protoss.
I'm not sure what to say about ZvT. It's very frustrating sometimes. Sometimes it's my fault for being too greedy or not scouting well enough. Other times it's like wtf? The explanation I'm going with is that the "wtf" games the Terran just outmacro'ed me.
1. How many geysers should I take to macro roaches off 2 base?
2. Should I just be massing roaches, or should I be steadily teching toward some goal? In the games I lose, it seems like the opponent just made nothing but roaches and moved in for the win.
3. Is it worth it to have 2 evo and get carapace as well as range attack upgrades?
I'm fine here until I fix my ZvZ so I can play better players.
1. What should I do against a Thor/marine army? I tried ling/bling/roach, but I got rolled. I had thought that roaches were a good answer to thors, but they haven't really worked. Should I just go ling/bling?
2. I lost one game to a quick hellion/marauder attack into banshee rush. I held the hellion/marauder attack, though I took some damage, but then was completely unprepared for the banshee. It seems the Terran's idea is to open hellion to prompt roaches from me, which get owned by marauder, AND delay my tech, making it unlikely I'll be able to deal with banshee. The Terran's goal is to do as much damage as possible with the hellion/marauder, but there's a bit more emphasis on taking out the queens so that the banshee is instant gg. Really scary build for me, and honestly if I played Terran, I'd be doing this all the time. So, any suggestions? My best guess is to respond to the hellions with speedlings and good micro, and to take out the first hellion/marauder attack with only mass speedling while teching to muta with 3 queens, but I'm really not sure how well speedling will do against hellion/marauder that is micro'd even remotely well. So, yeah, any advice on this?
No reps this time because my computer is a piece of shit (I'm writing this from my laptop). I may upload some later.
As always, comments and constructive criticism welcome.