• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:59
CEST 01:59
KST 08:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6801 users

Progamer Precision

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
March 10 2009 20:26 GMT
#1
Does anyone know if progamer's have mouse acceleration on/off? I would like to say that they mostly have it on, but that might just be me because I always play with it on. Also if someone DOES know if progamer's have mouse acceleration on/off, which ones use it and which ones don't?

thks in advance
himurakenshin
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Canada1845 Posts
March 10 2009 20:27 GMT
#2
I thought most have it off. I have it on though
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
March 10 2009 20:30 GMT
#3
What makes you think most have it off? I'm starting to think that too, but without mouse acceleration on big resolution's like when I go on my desktop, it makes it a pain in the ass to do stuff
EsX_Raptor
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2802 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-10 20:34:49
March 10 2009 20:34 GMT
#4
holy shit guys...

what are we going to see next?

"[H] Progamer Underwear

Hi, I just want to know what kind of underwear do progamers use when playing a live match; size/color/type/form/texture/material/brand thx in advance"

edit: just use what youre more confortable with, fuck progamers, there is no secret to playing better.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
March 10 2009 20:36 GMT
#5
On March 11 2009 05:34 EsX_Raptor wrote:
holy shit guys...

what are we going to see next?

"[H] Progamer Underwear

Hi, I just want to know what kind of underwear do progamers use when playing a live match; size/color/type/form/texture/material/brand thx in advance"

edit: just use what youre more confortable with, fuck progamers, there is no secret to playing better.


OP seems like a valid question to me...
Free Palestine
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
March 10 2009 20:36 GMT
#6
He just wants to know whether to rag on people for using it or not.
No I'm never serious.
EsX_Raptor
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2802 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-10 20:41:58
March 10 2009 20:39 GMT
#7
i dont give a shit if valid or not

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=73094
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=59312
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=13276
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=3438
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=7607
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=19018
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=43014

edit: btw, I have it on, always have, I've never fucked with my mouse.
EGMachine
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1643 Posts
March 10 2009 20:43 GMT
#8
[image loading]

they use hanes boxer briefs
I'm like, the coolest
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
March 10 2009 20:48 GMT
#9
On March 11 2009 05:39 EsX_Raptor wrote:
i dont give a shit if valid or not

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=73094
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=59312
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=13276
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=3438
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=7607
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=19018
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=43014

edit: btw, I have it on, always have, I've never fucked with my mouse.

I'm talking about progamers. I don't give a shit about your links -.- 1 outdated topic(6 years), a couple more several year old topics, I would flame you to death RIGHT NOW but I'm not foolish enough to get a ban
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
March 10 2009 20:49 GMT
#10
Boxer wears boxers, not briefs.
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
March 10 2009 20:50 GMT
#11
That guy is clearly white and that's not part of my question.
Tropics
Profile Joined August 2007
United Kingdom1132 Posts
March 10 2009 20:54 GMT
#12
mouse acceleration is a horrible thing that will do nothing but make you imprecise

i know everyone good in CS has it turned off, i dont see why it'd be different for SC progamers
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
March 10 2009 20:55 GMT
#13
On March 11 2009 05:54 Tropics wrote:
mouse acceleration is a horrible thing that will do nothing but make you imprecise

i know everyone good in CS has it turned off, i dont see why it'd be different for SC progamers

ok that's all i need to know. thks for an honest answer
Ellis
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
247 Posts
March 10 2009 20:58 GMT
#14
On March 11 2009 05:48 Racenilatr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2009 05:39 EsX_Raptor wrote:
i dont give a shit if valid or not

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=73094
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=59312
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=13276
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=3438
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=7607
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=19018
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=43014

edit: btw, I have it on, always have, I've never fucked with my mouse.

I'm talking about progamers. I don't give a shit about your links -.- 1 outdated topic(6 years), a couple more several year old topics, I would flame you to death RIGHT NOW but I'm not foolish enough to get a ban

Two or three of those have to do with progamers. You should have searched before you made the post. Even if they're a few years old, they would still have valid information.

Also, I think it's funny how you would flame him to death RIGHT NOW.
zobz
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada2175 Posts
March 10 2009 21:05 GMT
#15
On March 11 2009 05:30 Racenilatr wrote:
What makes you think most have it off? I'm starting to think that too, but without mouse acceleration on big resolution's like when I go on my desktop, it makes it a pain in the ass to do stuff

That's what high quallity mouses are for. Higher dpi, more accuracy without the need for acceleration.
"That's not gonna be good for business." "That's not gonna be good for anybody."
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
March 10 2009 21:14 GMT
#16
btw sorry that I wasn't making myself accurate, but I am talking about "pointer precision". I don't know why I was calling it mouse acceleration lol. Do progamers use the pointer precision enabled or not? I am pretty sure Tropics was talking about pointer precision too but just to confirm it....
Azrael1111
Profile Joined July 2008
United States550 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-10 21:15:01
March 10 2009 21:14 GMT
#17
I'd bet almost anything that every single one plays with it off.

The "enhanced pointer precision" in the windows IS the mouse acceleration toggle.
Psyqo
Profile Joined November 2007
United States401 Posts
March 10 2009 21:18 GMT
#18
Acceleration = off if you are serious about gaming.
wwooaa
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Croatia179 Posts
March 10 2009 21:24 GMT
#19
Blog

here is my blog about that same issue i opened a day ago, a bit of searching wouldnt harm you, but anyway enchance mouse precision = your precision that you are talking here
wWoOaA)Is( /// kasda.cry...Ninjas can't catch you if you are on FIRE !
Motiva
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1774 Posts
March 10 2009 21:36 GMT
#20
flamed to DEATH!!!!!

but yea, accel off is the standard as far as i know.... I can't stand accel.....
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 218
SpeCial 121
ViBE83
Nathanias 73
ProTech4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11928
Rain 1018
GuemChi 681
Artosis 648
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever357
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox758
Mew2King140
Other Games
summit1g6528
Liquid`RaSZi2393
shahzam651
WinterStarcraft461
JimRising 378
C9.Mang0326
Trikslyr50
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick652
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• musti20045 20
• davetesta6
• Letter141
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur160
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 1m
INu's Battles
11h 1m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
13h 1m
OSC
22h 16m
Replay Cast
23h 1m
OSC
1d 23h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.