• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:56
CEST 10:56
KST 17:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6665 users

Progamer Precision - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Intothebreez
Profile Joined March 2009
Canada11 Posts
March 10 2009 21:37 GMT
#21
On March 11 2009 06:14 Racenilatr wrote:
btw sorry that I wasn't making myself accurate, but I am talking about "pointer precision". I don't know why I was calling it mouse acceleration lol. Do progamers use the pointer precision enabled or not? I am pretty sure Tropics was talking about pointer precision too but just to confirm it....


No, he was talking directly about mouse acceleration. It is common knowledge in the counter-strike community that everyone has it off. I'm pretty sure most people in the starcraft community have it off aswell.
Interior crocodile alligator
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
March 10 2009 21:40 GMT
#22
wow I am a 200+ apm protoss who has always used mouse acceleration....
:facepalm self:
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
March 10 2009 21:41 GMT
#23
On March 11 2009 05:48 Racenilatr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2009 05:39 EsX_Raptor wrote:
i dont give a shit if valid or not

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=73094
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=59312
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=13276
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=3438
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=7607
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=19018
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=43014

edit: btw, I have it on, always have, I've never fucked with my mouse.

I'm talking about progamers. I don't give a shit about your links -.- 1 outdated topic(6 years), a couple more several year old topics, I would flame you to death RIGHT NOW but I'm not foolish enough to get a ban


Uh, I agree with EsX here. This has been posted so many frigging times, I am surprised somebody with a corsair icon would ask this question. I don't know why you would flame him to death anyway, it's not like he did anything wrong (not to mention I have no clue what you would actually even say to flame about this topic).

Answering your question, let's just say I have never read up on or heard of any progamer who actually had acceleration on. The pointer is much more precise with the acceleration off. I turned it off about 2 months ago. Takes a while to get used to though but is much nicer in the long-run.
eX-Corgh
Profile Joined October 2007
Russian Federation386 Posts
March 10 2009 21:47 GMT
#24
I'm sure pros dont use acceleration.

But I can't stand playing without it, its just sooo uncomfortable! O_O
Never give cheese to the Gorilla ^^
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5543 Posts
March 10 2009 21:51 GMT
#25
I await idra or sea[shield]'s response.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
March 10 2009 22:05 GMT
#26
What does this actually do? The acceleration/precision. I wasn't even aware it existed.
iloveHieu
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1919 Posts
March 10 2009 22:08 GMT
#27
to sum it up: try a damn search first before asking a question the 7394832th time.

and it's ALMOST common sense, at least for me, that mouse precision is shit.
Xellos <3
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
March 10 2009 22:13 GMT
#28
You get a higher precision with accel off, though the difference is not as big as you would think.
I'll call Nada.
erin[go]bragh
Profile Joined December 2008
United States815 Posts
March 10 2009 22:16 GMT
#29
"What's popular is not always right and what's right is not always popular."




Yeah that contributed nothing....
JulyZerg! by.hero, effOrt, KTY.
EsX_Raptor
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2802 Posts
March 10 2009 22:42 GMT
#30
On March 11 2009 05:48 Racenilatr wrote:
I'm talking about progamers. I don't give a shit about your links -.- 1 outdated topic(6 years), a couple more several year old topics, I would flame you to death RIGHT NOW but I'm not foolish enough to get a ban

im practically flame-proof anyways, check my blogs if you don't believe me.

bans keep the fun from starting >=(
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-10 23:01:54
March 10 2009 22:56 GMT
#31
On March 11 2009 05:39 EsX_Raptor wrote:
i dont give a shit if valid or not

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=73094
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=59312
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=13276
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=3438
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=7607
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=19018
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=43014

edit: btw, I have it on, always have, I've never fucked with my mouse.

Wow, instead of just closing threads(which doesn't happen often enough either), people should be getting temp bans for making new threads when there are already that many results from a simple search. I believe in one of the guideline threads somewhere it says you are supposed to do a quick search before making a thread such as this that isn't an individualized thread, but rather a "hey did you know..." thread.

EDIT: This thread should have been close earlier IMHO, because it was not worth a thread of its own. If anything post in the recent blog thread regarding mouse precision. This did not require a topic of its own. If you were to flame Raptor to death Rac, I would instantly side with him, and I'm sure other people would too, so don't even go there.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
March 10 2009 23:26 GMT
#32
I agree with Raptor and Groby...
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
March 11 2009 00:14 GMT
#33
On March 11 2009 07:56 Grobyc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2009 05:39 EsX_Raptor wrote:
i dont give a shit if valid or not

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=73094
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=59312
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=13276
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=3438
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=7607
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=19018
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=43014

edit: btw, I have it on, always have, I've never fucked with my mouse.

Wow, instead of just closing threads(which doesn't happen often enough either), people should be getting temp bans for making new threads when there are already that many results from a simple search. I believe in one of the guideline threads somewhere it says you are supposed to do a quick search before making a thread such as this that isn't an individualized thread, but rather a "hey did you know..." thread.

EDIT: This thread should have been close earlier IMHO, because it was not worth a thread of its own. If anything post in the recent blog thread regarding mouse precision. This did not require a topic of its own. If you were to flame Raptor to death RacE, I would instantly side with him, and I'm sure other people would too, so don't even go there.

was just pissed at how he said "I don't give a shit if it's valid or not". That sort of ticked me off. I was just wondering if, with new mouse's coming out and stuff whether or not progamer's might have switched to precision or not? I still find it strange because I always had the feeling that precision HELPED mouse precision and not the other way around, but I'm beginning to find that out now thks for being patient with a noob
chiam_ace
Profile Joined September 2004
Malaysia111 Posts
March 11 2009 10:00 GMT
#34
Mouse acceleration is always bad, inconsistent movements.

On March 11 2009 05:58 Ellis wrote:
Also, I think it's funny how you would flame him to death RIGHT NOW.


I lol'ed at that statement, and lol'ed again when I saw this. Seriously hilarious

E-sports beyond borders
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 144
EnDerr 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2886
Hyuk 213
Soma 157
Stork 154
NotJumperer 61
Killer 58
Mong 57
Shinee 53
ToSsGirL 45
Sharp 41
[ Show more ]
Bale 30
ajuk12(nOOB) 23
Hm[arnc] 23
EffOrt 23
yabsab 13
Noble 11
Sacsri 7
League of Legends
JimRising 451
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1168
shoxiejesuss561
ceh9517
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King159
Other Games
summit1g7848
singsing932
crisheroes68
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick684
BasetradeTV161
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 19
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2183
• WagamamaTV2
League of Legends
• Stunt448
Other Games
• Shiphtur774
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 4m
INu's Battles
2h 4m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
4h 4m
OSC
13h 19m
Replay Cast
14h 4m
OSC
1d 14h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.