• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:36
CEST 20:36
KST 03:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10406 users

What are you reading thread: November

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
November 07 2008 06:36 GMT
#1
Last time we had a 'recommend me a good book' thread, a bunch of people expressed how much they like the threads. I suggested in the thread doing something similar to the background thread, and got a grand total of zero responses.

Well, screw you, I am doing it anyways.

So, What am I currently reading?
[image loading]


It was assigned to my anthropology class, so I am not reading it by choice, but it is really good imo. First time reading a mystery novel, and I could see myself getting into the genre after this. Also, Hillerman has an interesting (to me) style in that each chapter is told from a single characters perspective, but alternating chapter by chapter between three different characters. Haven't finished it yet though, so can't give a really good review yet.

What have I finished reading most recently?
[image loading]


It is a classic, so I don't really need to sell it to you. But rest assured, I thought it was awesome. Easily made my all time top 5.
XCetron
Profile Joined November 2006
5226 Posts
November 07 2008 06:36 GMT
#2
Nothing really, though I'm waiting for the new Horus Heresy book, Mechanicum.
Clutch3
Profile Joined April 2003
United States1344 Posts
November 07 2008 06:38 GMT
#3
Just finished "Saturday" by Ian McEwan. Now I'm reading "The Emperor's Children" by Claire Messud (sp?). Both are solid, "Saturday" is actually excellent. Nothing groundbreaking.
gg_hertzz
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
2152 Posts
November 07 2008 06:42 GMT
#4
after owning grapes of wrath for a bout 5 years i decided to start reading it.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
November 07 2008 06:42 GMT
#5
Reading Pride and Predjudice for English, just finished Frankenstein last week and will probably start A Brave New World Soon.
Sky
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Jordan812 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-07 06:51:08
November 07 2008 06:50 GMT
#6
My roommate is going to let me borrow his book of
[image loading]


He's gave it pretty high marks in his book and he's an avid reader. I don't really know much of what I'm getting in to though.

The last book I read was
[image loading]


This book is quite brilliant. I was wanting to delve further into the ideals of particle physics without too much mathematical base and my grandpa recommended this book. The author is great at explaining complex ideals and includes many Feyman diagrams. If the LHC rekindled some part of your desire for particle physics, then this book is a must read!
...jumping into cold water whenever I get the chance.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
November 07 2008 07:00 GMT
#7
I've never gotten around to reading a brave new world, it's on my to do list.

I just read twilight, because of the movie that's coming out. If you like romance novels, you'll like twilight. If you don't, then don't even pick up the book.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
November 07 2008 07:31 GMT
#8
I recently read Breakfast at Tiffany's for a class of mine. It was okay, I guess.... Now I have to read the graphic novel Ghost World, for the same class. It's okay, kinda. I also read a lot of Batman comics. I'm not sure if you want to count those (the comics). I also somewhat recently read The Game. It's an amazing story. I'm sure there are a lot of people who disagree with the lifestyle, but it was really interesting to me. I'm trying to get my gf to read the whole thing... I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not, but whatever! ha

1984 was an amazing book: absolutely amazing. So was A Brave New World.

There are so many books I want to read... Catch-22, just because I hear the phrase all the time. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (Blade Runner book. I was supposed to read it in HS but never did. It seemed really interesting from the page or two that I did read). There are TONS of classics that I want to read too. War and Peace, for example. I couldn't possibly name all the books on my "to read" list.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
November 07 2008 07:37 GMT
#9
[image loading]


I like to sharpen my design skills while I'm on the john.
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
November 07 2008 07:43 GMT
#10
[image loading]


well, finished now
but it was the last book I was reading
stanley_
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States816 Posts
November 07 2008 07:54 GMT
#11
[image loading]


I'm almost done with it. It's kinda got a catcher and the rye feeling to it.
hoorah
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
November 07 2008 08:13 GMT
#12
--- Nuked ---
gg_hertzz
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
2152 Posts
November 07 2008 08:18 GMT
#13
do people get anything out of these books or does your mind go blank as your eyes scans line by line? like, can u actually remember the previous chapter and stuff?
Tensai176
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Canada2061 Posts
November 07 2008 08:29 GMT
#14
The Alchemist

I read a bit by bit, but if i just sit down i could finish it in like an hour >.>
We see things they'll never see
Misrah
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1695 Posts
November 07 2008 08:41 GMT
#15
Paradise Lost

For some reason i just <3 that book
A thread vaguely bashing SC2? SWARM ON, LOW POST COUNT BRETHREN! DEFEND THE GLORIOUS GAME THAT IS OUR LIVELIHOOD
Hollow
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Canada2180 Posts
November 07 2008 08:48 GMT
#16
[image loading]


and also a manga called BLAME!
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
November 07 2008 08:56 GMT
#17
On November 07 2008 17:48 Hollow wrote:

I actually own, that, (the HP Lovecraft one), is it any good? Never got around to reading it, but I think my aunt gave it to me or something.
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
November 07 2008 08:57 GMT
#18
[image loading]

Fareed Zakaria is amazing.
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
Hollow
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Canada2180 Posts
November 07 2008 09:06 GMT
#19
On November 07 2008 17:56 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2008 17:48 Hollow wrote:

I actually own, that, (the HP Lovecraft one), is it any good? Never got around to reading it, but I think my aunt gave it to me or something.


are you serious?

read it.
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
November 07 2008 09:13 GMT
#20
Crime and Punishment

Anna Karenina

Wind-up Bird Chronicle

I know I really shouldn't be doing 3 at once but ... meh.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 243
BRAT_OK 99
JuggernautJason64
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 945
Shuttle 700
Zeus 80
Hyun 48
soO 46
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 14
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva2075
420jenkins598
Counter-Strike
fl0m5512
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3132
Liquid`Hasu644
Other Games
FrodaN930
KnowMe237
Livibee169
Pyrionflax129
QueenE66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick587
StarCraft 2
angryscii 31
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 77
• 3DClanTV 58
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach101
• FirePhoenix33
• 80smullet 14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1926
Other Games
• Shiphtur632
• imaqtpie597
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 25m
Patches Events
20h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.