• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:03
CEST 22:03
KST 05:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8764 users

What are you reading thread: November - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Folca
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
2235 Posts
November 13 2008 01:33 GMT
#101
[image loading]
Dea : one time when he was playing vs the comps he asked me "how do I make that flying unit that makes the other stuff invisible" and I reply "ur playing terran zomg"
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
November 13 2008 01:35 GMT
#102
On November 13 2008 10:30 pooper-scooper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2008 10:12 FragKrag wrote:
Leo Tolstoy: War And Peace
[image loading]

I doubt I'll finish it.

This might seem stupid, but is "Twilight" any good? Everybody I talk to either hates it or loves it T_T
Is it horrible like Eragon or semi decent?



Don't try to read it in one sitting. You have to take it as a serial novel. When I read it, it took me 6 months to get through. I think I finished 7 other books before I finally finished that book. But when you take it a little at a time, it isn't so bad.


I've been reading for 2 months and I'm barely 200 pages in T_T;
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 13 2008 01:36 GMT
#103
[image loading]
Moderator
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
November 13 2008 02:00 GMT
#104
[image loading]

Goddammit I know i'm gay
Liquid | SKT
SteelString
Profile Joined July 2006
446 Posts
November 13 2008 02:05 GMT
#105
If you're into psychology:
[image loading]

FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
November 13 2008 02:11 GMT
#106
On November 13 2008 11:00 DamageControL wrote:
[image loading]

Goddammit I know i'm gay


Is it a good book omg
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
HnR)hT
Profile Joined October 2002
United States3468 Posts
November 13 2008 02:17 GMT
#107
Can we quit posting the gigantic pictures of covers? They drown out posts where people actually have something to say, they add nothing valuable, and they make this thread much harder to read.

Are we zombies who can no longer function without nonstop in-your-face visual stimulation?
HeavenS
Profile Joined August 2004
Colombia2259 Posts
November 13 2008 02:39 GMT
#108
i've been dying to read Ender's Game but i hardly have time for anything so i wanna make sure its as good as the reviews say. Has anyone read this book before as well as the rest of the series?
[image loading]
Im cooler than the other side of the pillow.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
November 13 2008 02:44 GMT
#109
Ender's Game is a great book
Speaker of the Dead is a great book (very different from Ender's Game)
Xenocide is omg wtf?
Children of the Mind is ok
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
HnR)hT
Profile Joined October 2002
United States3468 Posts
November 13 2008 02:50 GMT
#110
On November 13 2008 10:35 FragKrag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2008 10:30 pooper-scooper wrote:
On November 13 2008 10:12 FragKrag wrote:
Leo Tolstoy: War And Peace
[image loading]

I doubt I'll finish it.

This might seem stupid, but is "Twilight" any good? Everybody I talk to either hates it or loves it T_T
Is it horrible like Eragon or semi decent?



Don't try to read it in one sitting. You have to take it as a serial novel. When I read it, it took me 6 months to get through. I think I finished 7 other books before I finally finished that book. But when you take it a little at a time, it isn't so bad.


I've been reading for 2 months and I'm barely 200 pages in T_T;

Are you reading the translation by Pevear and Volokhonsky? Some say their prose is awkward and foreign-sounding as a result of too-literal translation. If it's hard for you to read, try a different translation. It could also be that you are simply not ready for War and Peace. How old are you? What books have you enjoyed?
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
November 13 2008 02:59 GMT
#111

[image loading]

[image loading]


picked up these two books today, RIP Arthur C. Clarke
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
riptide
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
5673 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-13 03:27:49
November 13 2008 03:01 GMT
#112
[image loading]


Simply beautiful. Lewis is one of the greatest writers / philosophers of the 20th century.
AdministratorSKT T1 | Masters of the Universe
HeavenS
Profile Joined August 2004
Colombia2259 Posts
November 13 2008 03:04 GMT
#113
im looking on amazon and there's 2 other books that were written more recently and depict a story in parallel to Ender's Game.

Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon

link here

o, i just realized there's two more after that : Shadow Puppets, and Shadow of the Giant
Im cooler than the other side of the pillow.
Xusneb
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada612 Posts
November 13 2008 03:09 GMT
#114
I bought two random books:
[image loading]

[image loading]

I'm currently reading Michael Frayn's book but it's really hard to get into. He goes off on tangents and it reads like one long rant. Same can be said for the Bradbury book. Essays are not their strong point, they should stick to fiction

Oh and this one:
[image loading]

So far it's alright. It's pretty funny with some nice insights into the porn industry. However, a lot of it is just Ron bragging about his Hollywood friends and connections (and, surprisingly, not about his penis!)
If you want to be happy, be. - Leo Tolstoy
st3f
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada168 Posts
November 13 2008 03:13 GMT
#115
Starcraft Archives, it's actually pretty good
Wakin and bakin - Wiz
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
November 13 2008 03:15 GMT
#116
[image loading]



good book.

Michio Kaku is cool.
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
Cobalt
Profile Joined April 2008
United States441 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-13 03:18:11
November 13 2008 03:17 GMT
#117
Just finished 1984. Decent book.

Thing is, I can never get excited about reading. I've never read a book that actually made me emotional, or made me think hard on something, or anything. In TV or movies I can get excited, nervous, feel inspired, etc., but I have yet to read a book that makes me feel that way. Because of that, I tend not to read. Books just don't entertain me as much.

1984, To Kill A Mockingbird, Brave New World, Frankenstein, none of them created any emotion in me whatsoever. I just get bored whenever I read.
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
November 13 2008 04:24 GMT
#118
In the last month I read about twenty Star Wars books. Truce at Bakura, Iron Fist, Thrawn trilogy, Jedi Academy trilogy, Callista trilogy, Black Fleet trilogy, The New Rebellion, Hand of Thrawn cycle. I have a lot of respectable books (and textbooks) that I'm too lazy to read.
But why?
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-13 04:38:08
November 13 2008 04:28 GMT
#119
On November 13 2008 11:17 HnR)hT wrote:
Can we quit posting the gigantic pictures of covers? They drown out posts where people actually have something to say, they add nothing valuable, and they make this thread much harder to read.

Are we zombies who can no longer function without nonstop in-your-face visual stimulation?



I actually like when pepole post the pics because searching my public library is silly and having the pictures to match the books is great when searching seeing as anytime i do search for a book it seems there are 300 other books by the same name. It keeps runing and running and runnin' run on sentence for the winzor
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
November 13 2008 04:32 GMT
#120
I am trying to fullfill my purpouses and im reading 3 books atm:

IT (Stephen king)
How drugs work (Farmacology for noobs lol)
Hannibal, the pride of Cartago.

I love all of them
Teamliquidian townie
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O128
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 291
JuggernautJason114
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 654
Shuttle 521
ZZZero.O 128
Zeus 69
Hyun 42
soO 37
Dota 2
qojqva2590
canceldota46
League of Legends
Doublelift1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5273
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3844
Liquid`Hasu639
Other Games
summit1g3760
FrodaN1015
KnowMe296
420jenkins257
Pyrionflax198
ToD196
Livibee171
QueenE60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick783
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 85
• Hupsaiya 41
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1803
Other Games
• imaqtpie947
• Shiphtur655
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 57m
Patches Events
18h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 57m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.