• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:38
CEST 02:38
KST 09:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8693 users

What are you reading thread: November - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
November 07 2008 19:39 GMT
#81
even his stereotype was stupid. stupider than those people, even. i've met pretentious english majors, there's pretentious students of every discipline. but his post makes it sound as if english majors have some ridiculous propensity to disregard stephen king, and then you chime in like a jackass that it could be because he's prolific? LOL

gw. you guys make a great pair
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-07 19:40:07
November 07 2008 19:39 GMT
#82
I just started reading this book (literally, like 10 minutes ago) for my Humanities class:
[image loading]


After I'm done with this I'll go back and finish the book I was reading before school started and had lots of free time:
[image loading]


On killing seems really interesting, this guy is basically talking about how violence/murder rates have gone up recently, and how the willingness of combatants to fire their weapons in war has gone up recently as well. I suppose later on in the book he'll talk about potential causes of this increase in violence, through media conditioning and other things. It's a pretty interesting read so far (although admittedly I'm only a few pages in.)
good vibes only
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
November 07 2008 19:59 GMT
#83
On November 08 2008 04:39 CTStalker wrote:
even his stereotype was stupid. stupider than those people, even. i've met pretentious english majors, there's pretentious students of every discipline. but his post makes it sound as if english majors have some ridiculous propensity to disregard stephen king, and then you chime in like a jackass that it could be because he's prolific? LOL

gw. you guys make a great pair


How the fuck did you manage to get your panties in a twist over that?? Holy fuck.
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
November 07 2008 20:13 GMT
#84
Textbooks
Brett
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Australia3823 Posts
November 07 2008 21:34 GMT
#85
On November 08 2008 04:59 Hawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2008 04:39 CTStalker wrote:
even his stereotype was stupid. stupider than those people, even. i've met pretentious english majors, there's pretentious students of every discipline. but his post makes it sound as if english majors have some ridiculous propensity to disregard stephen king, and then you chime in like a jackass that it could be because he's prolific? LOL

gw. you guys make a great pair


How the fuck did you manage to get your panties in a twist over that?? Holy fuck.

Er, did you read Inc's typical inflammatory post?

If not, go read it. Then answer your own dumb question.
YPang
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States4024 Posts
November 07 2008 21:47 GMT
#86
On November 08 2008 05:13 cgrinker wrote:
Textbooks

sMi.Gladstone | BW: B high| SC2: gold T_T
Oystein
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Norway1602 Posts
November 07 2008 22:06 GMT
#87
Started reading : The God Delusion , by Richard Dawkins 2 days ago.
Dont really read books often.
God Hates a Coward
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
November 07 2008 22:22 GMT
#88
On November 08 2008 03:21 DrainX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2008 00:49 travis wrote:
On November 08 2008 00:41 HnR)hT wrote:
On November 08 2008 00:33 DrainX wrote:
On November 08 2008 00:24 HnR)hT wrote:
On November 07 2008 21:42 oneofthem wrote:
i should get back to reading dennett, as soon as i decide that i give a fuck about philosophy of mind again

Funny, I always supposed Dennet is what one would read if one DIDN'T "give a fuck about philosophy of mind". :O

Dennett is the philosopher who I think has the best ideas and opinions closest to my own when it comes to the philosophy of mind. I like the way his thinking merges philosophy and science. I don't know why you would say something like that. Either you don't agree with him or you don't like the way he writes?

His opinions are farthest from my own . Unless I'm mistaken, he's a total materialist/physicalist who says that the problem of consciousness is a fictitious problem caused by imprecise language only.


u are not mistaken

he generally spends about 200 pages writing "consciousness just happens because it makes sense for it to" in a fancy way.

which is funny because it doesn't even make sense for it too.


not to say dennett isn't a good philosopher. at least he talks about something interesting

Yeah well it had to. There's no other way to explain it if your view of the world is materialistic and you believe in evolution.


I believe in evolution and in the existence of a material world but I believe something different than he does.
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
November 07 2008 22:37 GMT
#89
juggling:

[image loading]


[image loading]


and, for the 3rd time:

[image loading]
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-07 22:41:25
November 07 2008 22:39 GMT
#90
[image loading]

and ofc
[image loading]
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
November 07 2008 22:43 GMT
#91
On November 08 2008 07:37 BroOd wrote:
juggling:

[image loading]


[image loading]


and, for the 3rd time:

[image loading]


I need to read Sex drugs and cocco puffs. My friend, who isn't a huge reader like me, swears by it
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Quint
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
467 Posts
November 07 2008 23:08 GMT
#92
Finished Evil Genius and Genius Squad by Catherine Jinks last week, now I indulge myself in an ancient Shadowrun roman named Shadowboxer. After that, I'll take a look at Shogun and then hopefully the last book of the Dresden Files arrives (can't remember the name right now).
koreakool
Profile Joined January 2008
United States334 Posts
November 08 2008 07:20 GMT
#93
[image loading]


j/k

[image loading]
Tadzio
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
3340 Posts
November 08 2008 09:03 GMT
#94
[image loading]
bluemanrocks
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States304 Posts
November 13 2008 00:32 GMT
#95
all of douglas adam's (hitchikers, dirk gently, short stories, etc)
stranger in a strange land
the world according to garp
finnegan's wake/ulysses


I AM THE THIRD GATE GUARDIAN
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
November 13 2008 00:47 GMT
#96
Hm I recently ran out of books to read so I just ordered these books after doing some research on what I might like:

Dostoevsky: Crime and Punishment
L.N. Tolstoy: War And Peace
Philip K. Dick: Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?
Erich Maria Remarque: Van het westelijk front geen nieuws
Robert A. Heinlein: Starship Troopers

can't wait till they arrive, only 5 more workdays
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
November 13 2008 00:50 GMT
#97
Only thing I'm reading atm, or was reading as it ran out on me two days ago, was Feast for Crows, the fourth installment of Ice and Fire. If he doesn't finish Dance of Dragons soon I'm gonna have a sissyfit.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
gg_hertzz
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
2152 Posts
November 13 2008 00:51 GMT
#98
On November 08 2008 04:03 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2008 03:10 Hawk wrote:
On November 08 2008 03:04 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
I started the Dark Tower series by Steven King. I will be reading book 3/4 this month.


It's awesome. I really need to start reading him again. King kicks ass.

I asked my professor this the other day, and i know you're in the same major: why the hell do all English majors despise him!?

They're all so elitist; everything's gotta be intellectual or it's worthless. argh.


They despise him because he churns out so many books. They prefer the guys who write with a brain tumor and an abusive father / sexual relationship with their cousin.

That way we know they are smart.

Yeah I heard nothing but good stuff about dark tower.. im jacked.


it's because he writes horror stories. horror writers get no respect.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
November 13 2008 01:12 GMT
#99
Leo Tolstoy: War And Peace
[image loading]

I doubt I'll finish it.

This might seem stupid, but is "Twilight" any good? Everybody I talk to either hates it or loves it T_T
Is it horrible like Eragon or semi decent?
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
pooper-scooper
Profile Joined May 2003
United States3108 Posts
November 13 2008 01:30 GMT
#100
On November 13 2008 10:12 FragKrag wrote:
Leo Tolstoy: War And Peace
[image loading]

I doubt I'll finish it.

This might seem stupid, but is "Twilight" any good? Everybody I talk to either hates it or loves it T_T
Is it horrible like Eragon or semi decent?



Don't try to read it in one sitting. You have to take it as a serial novel. When I read it, it took me 6 months to get through. I think I finished 7 other books before I finally finished that book. But when you take it a little at a time, it isn't so bad.
Good...Bad... Im the guy with the gun
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 462
Bale 36
Dota 2
monkeys_forever484
League of Legends
Doublelift4239
Other Games
summit1g9688
JimRising 494
ViBE235
Livibee186
KnowMe170
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• Adnapsc2 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1302
• Shiphtur569
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 22m
Patches Events
14h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 22m
OSC
22h 22m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.