• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:08
CEST 00:08
KST 07:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10700 users

SoCal LAN III

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-21 17:03:03
July 07 2008 06:17 GMT
#1
[image loading]

It's time again for another SoCal LAN. The Third installment will be the biggest and best yet - there will be a much larger prize pool, more gamers, a bigger location, and a lot more fun!

Time and Date:
Saturday August 23rd, Starting at 11 AM , finishing... as long as it takes. Ship it when its done (just like blizzard, lol).

Location:
Westminster, California (USA), at 'Howie's Game Shack' Inside Westminster Mall. Click the "Westminster" location for an address and map.

Entrance Fee:
$20 per person entrance fee


http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft/thread/268956

Prize Pool:
1st. 80% / 2nd. 15% / 3rd. 5%
(Example: 25 people - 275 total pot: 1st. $220 / 2nd. $41 / 3rd. $14

Tournament Format:
Group Stage -> Double Elimination Bracket (actual numbers pending on how many players come)

Who Can Play??:
This tournament is open to ANYONE who shows up on time to play! We can probably accommodate players who arrive up until 12:00, but once the tournament is fully under way we have to have a cut off point.

Map Pool:
The maps for this tournament will be as follows: Longinus, Othello, Blue Storm, Python, and Andromeda.

Any Questions? If you have ANY questions about this LAN, with regards to attending, or whatever you want to know. Please send me a PM !


Good luck & Have fun every body! Tell all your friends and come down to have some fun and good games.

LIST OF PLAYERS:
Quesadilla
CharlieMurphy
Xeris
RandomKorean
FT.aCt)Sony-
Semioldguy
Diggity
Chobohobo
Centric
Ez[LighT]
Aerials[LighT]
Blind
Tibs
ViRii
You>SeanMills
Day[9] (needs ride from USC!!!)
SouL)Z(SliDeR
Soul)R(AJ
Dino
SouL)P(Fujikura
Soul)p(test (same as soul AJ?)
Kingsp4de20
Soul)Z(SinMa
littlechava
sizcyp
_____________________________
POST IF YOU ARE GONNA COME


Original Post:
Alright guys, CharlieMurphy decided to get the ball rolling and PM me about when the next one would be. To have an honest answer, I have no idea. So when should we have it?

I'm not gonna be available for the next 2 months (until mid-september) because I am getting shoulder surgery , but I would still put the LAN together since it is my homage to TL.

So start posting your name if you are interested in going. We have a guy from Cyber Cafe Planet who found our forums and is interested in hosting this LAN. Any ideas for sponsors warmly welcomed also.
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
July 07 2008 18:28 GMT
#2
What city is that in?
Hello
Folca
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
2235 Posts
July 07 2008 18:43 GMT
#3
Plz let it be in Missouri
Dea : one time when he was playing vs the comps he asked me "how do I make that flying unit that makes the other stuff invisible" and I reply "ur playing terran zomg"
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
July 07 2008 18:57 GMT
#4
its in SoCal... -_- read the title.

I''ll talk to you tonight yo! :D
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
July 07 2008 20:14 GMT
#5
I'm in Seattle till early/mid September, so if you hold it mid september I could definitely show up. What city would it be in?
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
July 07 2008 20:23 GMT
#6
Guys, it's in Southern California, like you know... the greater Los Angeles area. Flying down from Seattle for this would be slightly ridiculous I think. That being said, NorCal needs a LAN of their own. Bay Area like what!
Skittled
Profile Joined July 2007
United States160 Posts
July 07 2008 20:41 GMT
#7
put one in san jose, euphnet lan center.
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
July 07 2008 21:36 GMT
#8
On July 08 2008 05:23 nemY wrote:
Guys, it's in Southern California, like you know... the greater Los Angeles area. Flying down from Seattle for this would be slightly ridiculous I think. That being said, NorCal needs a LAN of their own. Bay Area like what!


We had one at cal a few months ago... a couple people from TL went. I got to see superiorwolf 4 pool yosh... it was awesome.
UNFUCK YOURSELF
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
July 07 2008 21:38 GMT
#9
On July 08 2008 05:41 Skittled wrote:
put one in san jose, euphnet lan center.

it'll be cool if you guys do it concurrent with the ESWC grand finals (8/25-27 i think).
On topic: i'm from the northeast, so no, but good luck!
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-07 21:40:41
July 07 2008 21:39 GMT
#10
I'll be there if I can get a ride again. Last time was really cool.

I definitely agree on the LAN thing for NorCal though...I'm home for the summer and would love to have something like that. I missed the one at Cal cause I was at UCLA.

EDIT: I'm actually not back at school until August, so if it's before then, I can't come .
Super serious.
crazie-penguin
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States1253 Posts
July 07 2008 21:41 GMT
#11
On July 08 2008 05:41 Skittled wrote:
put one in san jose, euphnet lan center.

If I still lived there, I would totally agree, except I don't anymore... . People of Seattle (or any of the cities near it) we must unite and start our own LAN! :D
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
July 07 2008 21:44 GMT
#12
On July 08 2008 05:23 nemY wrote:
Guys, it's in Southern California, like you know... the greater Los Angeles area. Flying down from Seattle for this would be slightly ridiculous I think. That being said, NorCal needs a LAN of their own. Bay Area like what!


haha. i'm only in seattle for the summer for an internship, so i'll be back in so cal mid september.

pshhh and you thought i would fly all the way from seattle to meet you guys. it's not like you are offering free beer
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-07 22:30:44
July 07 2008 22:26 GMT
#13
www.cybercafeplanet.com its in Huntington Beach

When you sign up you get a free hour with 2 hours purchase (2$/hour). Also if you refer a friend you get a free hour. So we could all sign up referring each other for 4$ each and get 4 hours. Is that enough time?

Also you can buy 5 hours and get 1 free.

PS- I was in there yesterday and I think I remember seeing a sign saying 10 hours for 12 bucks or something. I can re-check it out.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
July 07 2008 22:28 GMT
#14
On July 08 2008 07:26 CharlieMurphy wrote:
www.cybercafeplanet.com its in Huntington Beach


delicious, that's like 20 minutes from me (i live in redondo beach)
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-07 22:34:36
July 07 2008 22:33 GMT
#15
On July 08 2008 07:28 AcrossFiveJulys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2008 07:26 CharlieMurphy wrote:
www.cybercafeplanet.com its in Huntington Beach


delicious, that's like 20 minutes from me (i live in redondo beach)

Actually its like 30m drive if you take the 405 from the 91
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-07 22:36:38
July 07 2008 22:35 GMT
#16
On July 08 2008 07:26 CharlieMurphy wrote:
www.cybercafeplanet.com its in Huntington Beach

When you sign up you get a free hour with 2 hours purchase (2$/hour). Also if you refer a friend you get a free hour. So we could all sign up referring each other for 4$ each and get 4 hours. Is that enough time?

Also you can buy 5 hours and get 1 free.

PS- I was in there yesterday and I think I remember seeing a sign saying 10 hours for 12 bucks or something. I can re-check it out.


Well yo, he's at least got to top what we got last time. We had almost 6 hours for $8 + $7 extra for the prize pool, that was definitely pretty decent. If we abused the referral deal + the hour free for 5 hours of gaming, that's like, 6 hours for $6? That would own. Plus we are bringing in a ton of kids and repeat business potential. We have skipped around locations for the last two LAN's, but I'd really like to settle on a consistent venue and I'm sure that other people would as well. Make sure he doesn't have widescreen monitors, kids were tripping out last time ;D

I feel bad for the LA kids/Machine driving from up north, we keep moving the location farther away from them , haha.
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
July 07 2008 22:46 GMT
#17
On July 08 2008 07:33 CharlieMurphy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2008 07:28 AcrossFiveJulys wrote:
On July 08 2008 07:26 CharlieMurphy wrote:
www.cybercafeplanet.com its in Huntington Beach


delicious, that's like 20 minutes from me (i live in redondo beach)

Actually its like 30m drive if you take the 405 from the 91


I live much closer to the 405 than the 91, so 405 S for this is ownage.
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
July 07 2008 23:08 GMT
#18
You should make it a few days before or after Blizzcon so I can come. I can only afford 1 plane ticket so if you did have the LAN before or after that'd be really awesome on my part. I'll be flying down from Oregon.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
July 07 2008 23:09 GMT
#19
On July 08 2008 07:35 Quesadilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2008 07:26 CharlieMurphy wrote:
www.cybercafeplanet.com its in Huntington Beach

When you sign up you get a free hour with 2 hours purchase (2$/hour). Also if you refer a friend you get a free hour. So we could all sign up referring each other for 4$ each and get 4 hours. Is that enough time?

Also you can buy 5 hours and get 1 free.

PS- I was in there yesterday and I think I remember seeing a sign saying 10 hours for 12 bucks or something. I can re-check it out.


Well yo, he's at least got to top what we got last time. We had almost 6 hours for $8 + $7 extra for the prize pool, that was definitely pretty decent. If we abused the referral deal + the hour free for 5 hours of gaming, that's like, 6 hours for $6? That would own. Plus we are bringing in a ton of kids and repeat business potential. We have skipped around locations for the last two LAN's, but I'd really like to settle on a consistent venue and I'm sure that other people would as well. Make sure he doesn't have widescreen monitors, kids were tripping out last time ;D

I feel bad for the LA kids/Machine driving from up north, we keep moving the location farther away from them , haha.

Yeah you guys suck .

Hahaha...oh well, just as long as there's not widescreen monitors (or if there are, he better have graphics cards that can maintain aspect ratio). That was madness last time.
Super serious.
SpaCe)Ment-rA
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada389 Posts
July 07 2008 23:19 GMT
#20
Anyone up for a LAN in the province of Quebec, in eastern Canada?
In the moonlight, dancing madly backwards
1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O132
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13089
Shuttle 391
White-Ra 260
ZZZero.O 143
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm133
League of Legends
Doublelift4904
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4652
Other Games
summit1g9569
FrodaN2513
Liquid`RaSZi2208
C9.Mang0311
ToD285
crisheroes281
Livibee193
Pyrionflax136
Mew2King54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 56
• musti20045 35
• Adnapsc2 26
• HeavenSC 19
• Sammyuel 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1572
• Shiphtur658
• WagamamaTV283
Upcoming Events
OSC
52m
Replay Cast
52m
OSC
13h 52m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.