• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:03
CEST 01:03
KST 08:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War665.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13265 users

SoCal LAN III - Page 3

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-10 00:43:31
July 10 2008 00:40 GMT
#41
On July 10 2008 08:51 Xeris wrote:
we can do one in august and one in october .. I don't see why not ^_^!

Good deal.

On July 10 2008 08:31 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
If you do one in October I will show up. So I'm #1 spot for October SoCal TL.net LAN thing. =p You know what... I'll throw in $20 as a 1st place prize, $10 for 2nd place, and $5 for 3rd place just to get things started. Maybe we can start a pool from this and hope nobody backs out.


Are you serious? Thats awesome!


PS- I sent ccp a few PMs maybe he will reply to them here.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
ccp
Profile Joined June 2008
United States16 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-10 03:06:28
July 10 2008 03:04 GMT
#42
LOL, already people are thinking of ways to abuse the promo.

Sorry but only one promo at a time. If you sign up and pay for at least 2 hours ($4), you get one hour free. After that, if you buy 5 hours ($10), you get 1 hour free. If you refer a friend, you will get one hour free BUT the promos don't stack. Come on, it's $2 an hour.

Anyway, I'll upload some pics of the place and PCs sometime later today or tomorrow.

By the way, how do you guys plan to stage the event? We're totally new to tournaments. How's the prize structure?

Yeah, a tourney around Blizcon will be awesome. I'm planning to go myself. Can' wait for SC2 and D3. Hopefully they'll give out something cool this year too.
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
July 10 2008 03:29 GMT
#43
Interested as always.

Add me as a potential, will be able to confirm or not when we set a date for this.
Moderator
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
July 10 2008 03:41 GMT
#44
On July 10 2008 12:04 ccp wrote:
LOL, already people are thinking of ways to abuse the promo.

Sorry but only one promo at a time. If you sign up and pay for at least 2 hours ($4), you get one hour free. After that, if you buy 5 hours ($10), you get 1 hour free. If you refer a friend, you will get one hour free BUT the promos don't stack. Come on, it's $2 an hour.

Anyway, I'll upload some pics of the place and PCs sometime later today or tomorrow.

By the way, how do you guys plan to stage the event? We're totally new to tournaments. How's the prize structure?

Yeah, a tourney around Blizcon will be awesome. I'm planning to go myself. Can' wait for SC2 and D3. Hopefully they'll give out something cool this year too.



Depending on the amount of people:
a) just a straight double elimination bracket
b) round robin with groups, then a bracket for the winners of the groups


Prize format would be like: 1st : 75% 2nd: 20% 3rd: 5% (of the prize pool)
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
July 10 2008 05:17 GMT
#45
@ ccp

we got $8 per head for the last LAN and charged $15 buy-in so the extra $7 went towards a prize pool. We were there about 6 hours, and it was pretty dang good (except for the lack of CRT's). So I don't know what that translates into your rates, but if possible we'd like to get a group type rate going for this. At the first LAN we pulled about 13 people, second was about 17, third should be 20+ it seems like. If we are able to put this around Blizzcon, we could easily have 40.

Anyways, let us know! Thanks for the interest thus far
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
July 10 2008 05:33 GMT
#46
Yes, if you can get us a better rate than the other venue, it would be a very attractive offer
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
ccp
Profile Joined June 2008
United States16 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-10 05:55:37
July 10 2008 05:50 GMT
#47
Well, all of our monitors are 20-21" CRTs. I'm a gamer and I just can't stand LCDs at non-native res.
As far as pricing, I'll have to talk to the owners to see if anything can be done. As is, our rate is $10 for 6 hours which is very close to the $8 per head you paid in the past. Maybe we can do something like $10/head for 6 hours + $2 in snack credit (sodas, chips, etc.). I don't know. I'll have to talk to the owners but I think that deal would fly. Either that or we can do $14 for 9 hours. The time does not expire so you guys can come back later to use it.

Here is a picture of the place.
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
July 10 2008 06:15 GMT
#48
Nice place!

I won't be able to make an August Tournament but I will make the one in October. I'm still willing to put up the Cash and I'll pay on the spot to whoever wins. Now what would happen if I won? Hmmm...
So wait? I'm bad? =(
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-10 06:41:32
July 10 2008 06:35 GMT
#49
yea its really clean in there, best PC cafe i've ever been to since DarkStar Comics & Cards. (it does get kinda hot in there though, but it is july so..).

Only problem is you can see people's screens to left and right of you.
[image loading]


If we do sign up for more hours they will stay on your account and if we hold another lan here you won't need to buy as many hours. Its cool too cause it shows you on the desktop how much time you have and have left.

PS- You basically just go down brookhurst to get to and from anahiem convention center (for blizzcon).
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
lIlIlIlIlIlI
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Korea (South)3851 Posts
July 10 2008 16:55 GMT
#50
--- Nuked ---
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
July 10 2008 17:50 GMT
#51
I think that the $10 isn't too bad, we just have to be really efficient with our brackets and everything to get completed in 6 hours. Every $ extra is $1 less for the prize pool, but $2 isn't too bad. Have to up the buy-in though.
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
anotak
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1537 Posts
July 10 2008 18:01 GMT
#52
I envy you Cali folks so much...
If there was some way to get something like this to happen in the Southeast that would be so ballin. Every now and then we have a LAN here in Auburn but all my opponents are always D- or just $$$ map players or just 20apm blizz map "omfg the comp is rly good" players...
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
July 10 2008 19:18 GMT
#53
On July 11 2008 01:55 randomKo_Orean wrote:
count me in since it's SUMMER YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

can someone give me a ride from SD?


Oh... you know I can.
Moderator
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
July 10 2008 19:19 GMT
#54
I'm going to make a new thread with specific information and details as soon as I get everything confirmed, then we can start gathering together a list of people.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-10 22:51:13
July 10 2008 22:50 GMT
#55
ccp left me their email so if anyone needs to contact just pm me. They asked that we give them a few days notice (ofc) too.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
July 10 2008 23:09 GMT
#56
ya I emailed him, I'll get the details soon
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Tibs
Profile Joined October 2006
United States148 Posts
July 10 2008 23:24 GMT
#57
I'll drive up from Phoenix because early/mid september me and my wife are off for our "honeymoon" so I could just get a resort or something ^_^;

So sign me up:

FT.aCt)Sony-
- FT.aCt)Sony -
Quesadilla
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1814 Posts
July 10 2008 23:46 GMT
#58
On July 11 2008 08:24 Tibs wrote:
I'll drive up from Phoenix because early/mid september me and my wife are off for our "honeymoon" so I could just get a resort or something ^_^;

So sign me up:

FT.aCt)Sony-


Hahaha, this is single-handedly the most hardcore starcraft player on the planet.
Make a lot of friends. Wear good clothes. Drink good beer. Love a nice girl.
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
July 10 2008 23:57 GMT
#59
yo whatup Aaron ^_^!
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Tibs
Profile Joined October 2006
United States148 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-11 00:35:23
July 11 2008 00:34 GMT
#60
Sitting at work. Dealing with old people, trying to not hate telling the elderly how to setup electronic devices all day long. But hell, Im off tomorrow ^_^;

When can I get my LighT tryout

FT.aCt) is like dying and I hate tagging along to a decline. Im at like #5 now.

For the hardcoreness, I went to Seoul in 2006 to get my ass kicked in Rd 1 of Courage, then I stayed with Dream.t)BlacK for 3 months and played another and lost Rd 1 again . So a drive to SoCal wouldnt be that bad.
- FT.aCt)Sony -
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O131
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10435
Artosis 618
ZZZero.O 131
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
Doublelift5516
JimRising 105
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4160
Other Games
summit1g9701
FrodaN2493
Liquid`RaSZi1943
C9.Mang0367
ToD227
Livibee197
Pyrionflax97
Maynarde95
ArmadaUGS39
Mew2King37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings16
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 132
• musti20045 41
• Sammyuel 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1474
• Shiphtur624
• Scarra576
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 57m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.