• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:10
CEST 09:10
KST 16:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9064 users

Interview with MoltkeWarding

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-22 21:54:13
February 22 2008 21:41 GMT
#1
After a short poll resulted in a 'victory' for MoltkeWarding, I went on to interview him. It was not the most standard interview ever, as he isn't the most normal guy either.

Lets start with the obvious: name, nationality, supposed sex, occupation

Moltke: All right: Bob, Canadian, Male, Student


Can you guess the reason why TL chose you to be interviewed? Do you feel 'special'?

Moltke: What tl.net thinks of me influences me very little. I would guess very little, apart from the condition that rekrul's not a particularly interesting fellow, and he's my nearest competitor. I attribute it to boredom


So you know they think you're an odd guy, but you feel normal?

Moltke: I feel normal, and why should I be concerned about the collective opinions of people who know me less? It's an elusive question, since anyone who reads too much is always tempted to transform his own voice into the authorial voice of his own story. Certainly I conform to certain standards of behaviour privately which are steadfast in spite of the mutations of enviornment. I am not a very abnormal person privately. I prefer solitude and peace, I like my music and to watch my films, eat good meals, take long walks. I have the plainest of habits.


Tell me, what got you into SC and TL?

Moltke: I bought Starcraft in 2000. I was looking to purchase Warcraft 2 but the vendor was out of stock, and recommended me Starcraft instead. I recall wasting the summer of 2000 over this game. I do not recall when I stumbled upon tl.net, it must have been in 2003, when TL.net was becoming a force in the coverage of pro-gaming. I began visiting tl.net often for news about the scene. Since then it has provided the best coverage of Korean pro-gaming in the English language, therefore my presence is as steady as my interest.


Isn't it weird that you of all persons, who hates popmusic, longs for the life in the 1800's, are doing something as modern and typical as videogaming? So you're still interested in StarCraft as a game, and the proscene?

Moltke: Yes, although I haven't taken the game very seriously for a long time. Certainly playing video games would not be my ideal way of living, and I play BW much less than your typical tl.net visitor, but it is a consequence of boredom. In comparison to the other main modern reprieves for boredom: masturbation and drugs, it's fairly harmless.
Masturbation is harmless too. I'd choose it over StarCraft any day.


Do you have a favourite SC player? Or does your interest not go that far?

Moltke: I have a past liking for Nada and Reach, and more recently I've been behind Savior's successes. Of the players who are dominant now I have no clear favourite. Although I am glad that the bisu fad is fading.


As many might know, you've had quite the nomadic life. Where have you already lived and where are you planning on going? What drives you to keep changing university and country?

Moltke: Which is again something against my ideal. One cannot be civilized and nomadic. From birth to 7 I lived in Hefei, China. From 7 to 18 I lived in London, Canada. From 18 to 21 I lived in Kingston, Canada for University, and from 21 to present I live in Bamberg, Germany. I've only changed university once, and that was re-location to Germany. The reasons behind it are in order of importance:
1) A love for Germany
2) The continuation of my bitter and tumultuous relationship with my mother
3) My desire to be able to work and do research in a foreign language, and
4) My curiosity about the possibilities such a change would open up.
I have no plans to return in Canada, but that is a back-up option. I dislike retreats however. I plan on staying in Germany for the foreseeable future.


A short test of your TL-preference: I'll say a username followed by two adjectives: choose one and explain.

incontrol : try-too-hard or somewhat funny

Moltke: somewhat funny. Actually I don't find him funny at all which is why I'm puzzled at others having that opinion of him.


stimey: fighting a righteous battle or unable to accept that not everyone likes him

Moltke: fighting a righteous battle. I've always been in favour of him being there no matter how little sense he made.


rpf: someone who you can relate to or someone who should assign less importance to his feelings

Moltke: The latter, by default elimination of the former. But I sympathize with him. He's a lamb among a pack of wolves.


dronebabo: troll or cute

Moltke: Troll. He's never made a post with any value whatsoever.


Strafe: arrogant narcissist or socially interesting?

Moltke: Socially interesting. I don't think he's really a narcissist, like exalted.
Somewhere in his soul he must feel a deep sense of shame about himself.


Tell me the poster you think you can relate most to, besides warding ofcourse

Moltke: I don't relate to warding much. Well, it's very difficult to relate to anyone on the internet. I think I've said this before: I can relate to the way in which obsoletelogic thinks about many things. I'm not sure if he is still present.


Who do you consider the funniest poster?

Moltke: warding, but the humour would escape most of you


Let's round up: Any shoutouts? Anything you still wanted to tell TL.net?

Moltke: I don't do shoutouts, since I don't have much of a personal relationship with anyone there. No one I care about would be reading. There are of course a couple of members on tl.net who have been helpful to me personally in the past several years: Jacen, for his steady assistance with German whenever I have needed it, and more recently drug_vict1m and Krzycho for helping me with Polish translations. I also consider posters like kwark, headbangga, clutch3, newbsaibot, to be valuable contributors to general, while haji, manifesto, pop, honestea, plexa and hot_bid have been invaluable to the coverage of the pro-scene which I follow, even though I dislike some of the members of the latter group privately. Of course there are many good posters at tl.net swarmed by the flood of bad posters, but I am not good with names, so will not attempt a comprehensive list.



That was it. I hope you all liked it. My next interview will hopefully feature My_Digital_Toss, if he's willing to cooperate.
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
February 22 2008 21:50 GMT
#2
I agree warding is hilarious.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 22 2008 21:50 GMT
#3
Nice interview
gLyo
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
United States2410 Posts
February 22 2008 21:50 GMT
#4
Reading anything Moltke writes always makes me smile. It's almost surreal.
http://benisonline.com
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
February 22 2008 21:50 GMT
#5
amazing
SIMPLY AMAZING
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
February 22 2008 21:51 GMT
#6
Niceeeeeeee
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-22 22:11:25
February 22 2008 21:51 GMT
#7
--- Nuked ---
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
February 22 2008 21:51 GMT
#8
Long Live Moltkewarding, no matter how much I disagree with him.
<3!
good vibes only
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
February 22 2008 21:54 GMT
#9
On February 23 2008 06:50 gLyo wrote:
Reading anything Moltke writes always makes me smile. It's almost surreal.

Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
February 22 2008 21:54 GMT
#10
edited some small errors
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
mahnini
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States6862 Posts
February 22 2008 21:54 GMT
#11
Haha, Moltke is my hero.
the world's a playground. you know that when you're a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.
Avius
Profile Joined October 2007
Iraq1796 Posts
February 22 2008 21:55 GMT
#12
good job rage, nice interview
aka. Samael
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
February 22 2008 22:09 GMT
#13
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
February 22 2008 22:16 GMT
#14
Moltke is fucking hilarious

though I'm sure he doesn't intend to be, and doesn't care if he is.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
February 22 2008 22:16 GMT
#15
who's warding?
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
February 22 2008 22:19 GMT
#16
On February 23 2008 06:41 RaGe wrote:
dronebabo: troll or cute

Moltke: Troll. He's never made a post with any value whatsoever.



bhahahhahaha

I'm inclined to agree til you BUY FUCKING TF2!!!!!!! :0
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
February 22 2008 22:20 GMT
#17
Moltke writes like if he is an erudito
Teamliquidian townie
Pwntrucci[sR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada1519 Posts
February 22 2008 22:21 GMT
#18
His grammar and word choice make me feel so inferior.
bg
ilovezil
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4143 Posts
February 22 2008 22:24 GMT
#19
On February 23 2008 07:21 Pwntrucci[sR] wrote:
His grammar and word choice make me feel so inferior.


Aka vocabulary :O
Pwntrucci[sR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada1519 Posts
February 22 2008 22:25 GMT
#20
:'(
bg
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 338
Hyuk 207
Hyun 98
Shinee 52
Hm[arnc] 41
ZergMaN 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
JimRising 720
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King129
Other Games
summit1g9213
WinterStarcraft515
ArmadaUGS62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick752
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Rush1425
• Lourlo1017
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 50m
INu's Battles
4h 50m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
7h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 50m
Replay Cast
15h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 3h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.