• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:31
CEST 02:31
KST 09:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8918 users

Casy "I have no choice" (Progaming Drama!)

Forum Index > News
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-09-04 15:51:08
September 04 2007 02:43 GMT
#1
We have all noticed the absence of Casy. His last Proleague performance was in May, and since then he has only played 5 games, (all in OSL or ODT) which he all lost. On the day of the Survivor Preliminaries, Casy called in sick and was unable to participate. And last week, during the OGN vs MBC showmatch, Casy could not be found anywhere on the roster for OGN. What is the story behind Casy?

[image loading]


- Where did it begin?

According to Casy, the trouble began during negotiations between KOR (before OGN Sparkyz) and "Player A" (who is speculated to be either Qoo)Max or terato... most likely max). He says that he stepped in and told the coach that if negotiations did not continue with "A" then he would not negotiate his contract as well. However, eventually "Player A" left the team, leaving Casy in an awkward state. After his OSL win Casy says that his head coach was unreasonably unfair to him, and he was getting scoled often.

Coach Lee Myung-Geun states that he did scold Casy, but only because Casy "changed". His statements is that after Casy's OSL win, he was slacking off and spending more time on personal affairs. He admits to scolding Casy, but only to keep him in check and treat him fairly.

What is for certain, is that Casy (Han Dong-Wook) and Lee started to clash after '06 Shinhan 1 OSL.

Casy states that "afterwards I asked Manager Lee for forgiveness and I was able to continue at HQ without any problems" but then he states "Then Shinhan Proleague started and after losing a match I hear some slander. Afterwards I was always getting in trouble from the team coaches and my team brothers even told me to stay away from them".

- Offering to Transfer Teams, when and why?

Casy states that "I asked the coach to forgive me and tried to continue without any problems in the team, but I heard from my team brothers that I was to not be used in Proleague and was not going to be given a chance to play. And that was it. And so I went up to the front and requested a "Team Transfer".

According to Manager Lee, he explains that "After Casy won the OSL he asked for money more than that was offered. And becuase I was not in the position to offer more money I suggested transfering to a team who would offer him the money."

- No Proleague for Casy?

Since his May 13th match with Samsung, Casy was not put in OGN's lineup. Casy explains that "my brothers told me that I was not to be used in proleague, and this exploded to feeling that was kept inside me".

Manger Lee states that "Until he left the team's HQ I used him often. But after the incident how do you expect me to use a player who had not practiced with the team during that time and use a unprepared player in proleague".

- OGN refused the Transfer?

OGN states that they negotiated with teams to make a trade. But because the offers did not satisfy the negotiations did not work out.

Casy states that OGN asked for a lot of money for the trade giving Casy no option but to stay with the team or leave.

- Manager Lee refuses Casy?

After Casy cancelled his Team Transfer offer on August 9th, he announced that he will be going back to OGN HQ and work out his condition with Manager Lee and when he was moving back in.

Casy states that "I was waiting for the trade negotiations to complete but due to personal reasons I withdrew my offer and asked to come back. But Manager Lee told me that the trade was nearly complete and to wait for his call. But he never did."

Manager admits that he specifically refused to let Casy back in. He explains that he decided it was impossible to repair that damage and that it would not work out, and that he had already started making plans that did not include Casy in the equation.

- So what now for Casy?

What is certain is that Casy will no longer wear the OGN Sparkyz uniform.

Casy states that "At first I didn't care what team, I just wanted to move. But now that that seems unlikely I am only left with the option to join the army and try to join the Airforce team."

Manager Lee states that "It is impossible for Casy to return to the team. He has lost the basic mind of being a progamer" and said that "this decision does not come from only me but is agreed with the entire coaching staff".

Lastly OGN states that "It was he who first mentioned to join the army and we respected his wishes. If now the player still wants to join the army then we will of course allow him."

In other words, Casys only chance of continueing as a gamer would be through the Airforce Ace.




FighterForum's Interview with Casy:
[image loading]


- How do you feel?
Casy - Complicated. I wished things would have worked out but it did not and it has come down to this. I still want to continue to be a progamer but I no longer wish to do so under the name of OGN.

- How did the two become so distant?
Casy - From the beginning of the team's creation (Sparkyz, not KOR) I lost a lot of respect from the manager, and I was recieving treatment I did not understand why I deserved. And so it became difficult for me and our points did not connect and I think that's why we became distant.

- Why did you leave HQ?
Casy - At first I came to the vice-chief with complaints of the manager. But he told me that I probably did something wrong so I swallowed my pride and begged for forgiveness. I did my best to help out with the team's practice and there were no problems in our daily activities. But then 2 days later after the loss to MBCGame the arrows were pointed at me, despite the fact that I didn't even play. Later everyone from the team except for me was called in for discussion. Later one they told me that it was to talk ill of me. And without a word to me I was not to be used for proleague.

After that I was furious and did not want to see Manager Lee's face and wanted to leave. Vice-chief told me that after I asked for forgiveness and fixed my problems if the problem continued he would allow the team transfer. So I went to him again and he allowed the transfer. I asked if I could leave HQ and he told me to do as I wish. So stating that I was ill I left.

- Were there any problems with salary negotiations?
Casy - During renegotiations for our contracts they gave me two options. Options 1 was to sign in permanently with the team, but if I wanted to transfer then I was to pick Option 2. The money for Option 2 was about regular salary compared to Option 1, but I wanted the option to transfer and I told the vice-chief that I did not care if the teams offered me regular pay. He told me that under those conditions it would be possible, and the transfer fee was not to be too expensive. So I picked Option 2. I was prepared to be payed less but work hard on another team.

- Why did you decide to join the army?
Casy - Watching other players play at home really effected me. That is where I was suppose to be but being stuck here really killed me, and I didn't want to quit here. But no matter how long I waited the transfer did not happen. And so I decided to join the army and told the front that as well. Then after that things became difficult at my house. I felt guilty watching family struggle with it and so I wanted to swallow it and rejoin the team. I was to rejoin on August 15th but the manager prevented it, and after being elminated from prelims father found out and became very stressed. Afterwards my father and I went up to OGN to negotiated but they refused to Transfer, Trade or Waver. So we talked it over and decided on the army.

- How are you now?
Casy - I am very nervous. I chose the Airforce but unless they want me it isn't decided if I will get accepted.

- If you don't get accepted into the Air Force?
Casy - Then I have no choice, I'd have to quit.

Article from: http://www.fomos.kr/
Interview from: http://www.fighterforum.com/news/news_read.asp?cat=INT&idx=20601



Really heart-breaking.

Sooo!! Summary:
- Casy and Lee didn't hit it off to begin with.
- After Casy won OSL, he was apparently acting out (partying and clubbing maybe?) and so Lee became strict with him. Casy felt he was being treated unfairly.
- Things got worst between the two, and Casy asked for transfer. Vice-chief sait to give it a second chance. Casy fixed his bad habits, and tried to fit in and help out (or so he says). Then cames the MBCGame incident and the manager talked smack behind his back to the team, and banned him from proleague.
- Casy got angry and asked for the transfer again. He was allowed. Renegotions for contracts were during that time so he chose the option with lower pay because it included the option to transfer.
- Transfer did not work out. OGN claims that their terms with the other teams did not match. Fans are wondering if OGN even tried hard enough.
- Running out of options, Casy announced that he will join the army instead.
- Things go bad in Casy's family. Casy decides to give in and rejoin Sparkyz, but Manager Lee out right refuses. (according to Lee, this is the decision of the staff, not only himself)
- Casy and dad go to OGN to negotiate. All options fail. Casy decides on the army again.
- If Casy does not make it into AirForce, he says that he would have no choice but to quit. (what about the navy?!!?!?!?)
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
September 04 2007 02:48 GMT
#2
Wow, what an idiot, that manager can't get over a few arguments... >_>
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
September 04 2007 02:50 GMT
#3
SHIT
CASY
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
September 04 2007 02:52 GMT
#4
Why do politics have to ruin everything, even SC
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
sushiman
Profile Joined September 2003
Sweden2691 Posts
September 04 2007 02:53 GMT
#5
Hopefully ACE will take him, they could use some decent players.
1000 at least.
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
September 04 2007 02:54 GMT
#6
that sucks
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Gokey
Profile Joined November 2006
United States2722 Posts
September 04 2007 02:55 GMT
#7
omfg, that fucking sucks... he's really painted into a corner now... damn
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
September 04 2007 02:55 GMT
#8
On September 04 2007 11:52 H_ wrote:
Why do politics have to ruin everything, even SC


Yeah no kidding, Casy's TvZ was art.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
September 04 2007 02:56 GMT
#9
On September 04 2007 11:53 sushiman wrote:
Hopefully ACE will take him, they could use some decent players.

Yeah but he'll get like 3-4 hours of practice a day instead of like 14 or whatever it is
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
September 04 2007 02:56 GMT
#10
Damn man. This sucks. I really liked him... I hope can get accepted.
Wizard
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Poland5055 Posts
September 04 2007 02:58 GMT
#11
TT Poor casy, hope ACE takes him in, to be honest, it'd be stupid on their part not to take a player lik e Casy, no matter his current form
sAviOr[gm] ~ want to watch good replays? read my blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/wizard
Seraphim
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States4467 Posts
September 04 2007 02:58 GMT
#12
</3
Hermes | Bisu[Shield] Fighting~!
StripedBlueCrow
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States506 Posts
September 04 2007 03:01 GMT
#13
Hey, maybe we can do something about it. If we can raise say $100,000 USD a year, we can sponsor him. We'll be a one-man team and he'll fight on behalf of TL.net.

Secondly, if he does join AirForce, let's pray that he wins a league again so that OGN truly regrets their decision!
Ransom notes keep falling out your mouth.
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
September 04 2007 03:03 GMT
#14
pathetic to do that shit to young people in especially in videogames.

That guy saying the damage cannot be repaired? Serious? Sounds like a personal vendetta to me.
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
September 04 2007 03:04 GMT
#15
Casy would, at the least, provide good entertainment.

I can't believe his current form is weaker than ChRh or Clon, at any rate.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
Wizard
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Poland5055 Posts
September 04 2007 03:05 GMT
#16
On September 04 2007 12:01 StripedBlueCrow wrote:
Hey, maybe we can do something about it. If we can raise say $100,000 USD a year, we can sponsor him. We'll be a one-man team and he'll fight on behalf of TL.net.

Secondly, if he does join AirForce, let's pray that he wins a league again so that OGN truly regrets their decision!


Or we can offer him 5,000 + custom made cheerfuls
sAviOr[gm] ~ want to watch good replays? read my blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/wizard
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
September 04 2007 03:06 GMT
#17
On September 04 2007 12:04 Last Romantic wrote:
Casy would, at the least, provide good entertainment.

I can't believe his current form is weaker than ChRh or Clon, at any rate.

it's not the question of if he'll be accepted into ACE, but if he will be accepted into the Air Force.
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
Wizard
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Poland5055 Posts
September 04 2007 03:07 GMT
#18
Link to a real life story progamer episode about Casy:

sAviOr[gm] ~ want to watch good replays? read my blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/wizard
Lycaeus
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1420 Posts
September 04 2007 03:12 GMT
#19
Bullshit, the team sucked before but Casy was still really good. Now they will suck even more, way to go coach.
OrderlyChaos
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1115 Posts
September 04 2007 03:13 GMT
#20
Poor Casy...

Good luck to him on getting into the Air Force.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2310
Artosis 666
White-Ra 114
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever565
NeuroSwarm187
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv289
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe128
Other Games
summit1g8482
shahzam584
JimRising 495
C9.Mang0309
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick766
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream323
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta16
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 29m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 29m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.