• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:54
CEST 04:54
KST 11:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)25Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7872 users

World Heavyweight Championship mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 29 2013 22:16 GMT
#29
/in
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-30 10:38:01
September 30 2013 10:23 GMT
#48
On September 30 2013 18:58 marvellosity wrote:
I don't know how to meta any of you really
Curses


it's because true champions have no meta
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 01 2013 15:57 GMT
#66
This game is already over. I am the champion.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 01 2013 18:40 GMT
#75
/hype
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 01 2013 20:20 GMT
#77
On October 02 2013 05:17 marvellosity wrote:
I'm gonna lynch all of you.

ANTI-HYPE


Just adds to the HYPE
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 01 2013 20:48 GMT
#80
On October 02 2013 05:25 marvellosity wrote:
Hmm. your newbie game suggests you're going to be unbearable. Policy lynch? :D


The last one is not the same as my first 2
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 01:20 GMT
#96
On October 02 2013 09:11 Blazinghand wrote:
19886995 mod 9 = 1. That's Oatsmaster.

##vote Oatsmaster



##vote Oatsmaster

Seems reasonable for now. In the meantime I do not know anyone's playstyles so I do not have an adequate basis for a policy lynch as of yet but that will most probably change after I've dug around into peoples playstyles.

For now, does anyone know other people's 'metas'? Do some people play differently when they are scum compared to their town play? I know it may not be glaringly obvious differences but I'd like to know who the weaker people are in this game (guess you can add me to that).
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 01:21 GMT
#97
On October 02 2013 09:16 marvellosity wrote:
Not doing anything funny at all. No random lynches or policy lynches, even on Holyflare. Straight up.


Why no random lynches? How do you propose we move forward with the day then?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 03:14 GMT
#105
On October 02 2013 11:55 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2013 10:20 Holyflare wrote:
On October 02 2013 09:11 Blazinghand wrote:
19886995 mod 9 = 1. That's Oatsmaster.

##vote Oatsmaster



##vote Oatsmaster

Seems reasonable for now. In the meantime I do not know anyone's playstyles so I do not have an adequate basis for a policy lynch as of yet but that will most probably change after I've dug around into peoples playstyles.

For now, does anyone know other people's 'metas'? Do some people play differently when they are scum compared to their town play? I know it may not be glaringly obvious differences but I'd like to know who the weaker people are in this game (guess you can add me to that).

Why would you say that? There's so many other reasons you could get behind an rng lynch "rng'd" by someone else (quotes because sure that long explanation sounds random, but couldn't he just find something and guide it to Oats?). Reasonable is not the first thing that springs to mind.

And no, "Ho ho! I was merely FAKING my vote old chap!" isn't a good excuse for finding it reasonable.

I find it reasonable to vote for you, though. I don't trust people who proclaim themselves as weak, especially in a game titled "World Heavyweight Championship mafia". You saw the name, you knew what you were going for. You didn't feel weak when you signed up, so why do you feel weak now?

##vote: Holyflare


Barring any reasonable alternative (hence the writing about finding information about people's playstyles later) I would be fine with an rng vote. There are not 'so many reasons' to get behind somebody elses rng vote however. You rng because in the first day you have almost no information and so statistically your best bet of finding scum would be to random vote a person. His method seemed the most reasonable method to me and the for now implies that I'd like to hear alternatives otherwise I will stick with the vote. Even so, I understand that an rng'd vote can be tampered with or created in favour of him, however, he in no way can control the TL random generated post number or the number of people in the game to divide by.

Weaker by no means implies weak. The whole notion of being weak is subjective, I was referencing that people (i.e, marv.) had pointed out previously that I would be a pain to play with (based on a previous game he briefly checked) and wanted to know others that shared a similar mindset to him.

I certainly do not feel weak, in fact, I am most confident in my ability to analyse posts and exhibit townlike behaviour throughout the game. Whether people agree with this though is not my place to say.



Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 03:44 GMT
#112
Sure thing,

On October 02 2013 09:14 Risen wrote:
This seems normal.

I'm town.


Risen starts straight off the bat seeing your post about the RNG determining method, he doesn't mention anything other than this. It implies that your method is fine and he does not mind the RNG in general. Following this up you asked him why he wouldn't want to vote Oats even after your sound RNGing to which he replies he will not random vote.

It's only when it comes to his 'silly' post that he has jumped on me for agreeing with your RNG methods. If he even read your post it was pretty obvious that it was totally random and there was nothing factoring the RNG other than RNG itself.

The thing which seems the most questionable to me is while, yes, I did call myself a weaker player in comparison to the rest of you, I asked several other questions about other players playstyles which he has completely glossed over which is no help to me or other people whatsoever. Dedicating a post on me was a stifle to conversation that I see as useful. Not only that but he questioned why I would call an RNG vote reasonable? It's more than reasonable to RNG given the circumstances.

As for you BH. I like the RNG voting in general. It's a means to an end. You also state that you're for a policy lynch, this I can only get behind on a case by case basis. While policy lynching is most definitely an underused tactic on this forum I feel that it will mostly be down to RNG (what game of mafia isn't?) anyway and so a system that was pre-devised (like the one you posted) would be my prefered alternative. The fact you had to explain that your random system was in fact random baffles me.



There is another person that I am confused about however, raynpelikoneet. I do not know if he's a troll in other games but this game so far his posts have been more lacking to say the least.







Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 03:48 GMT
#114
Risen, in a game of 9 players in which I know nothing about any of the players there is no better system to accept straight off than RNG. Obviously there are ways to get my attention drawn to other people, however, in a 'world heavyweight championship' as you so lovingly pointed out, is it really going to be that obvious when people screw up? I think not. Like I said in my original post, however, I am open to peoples opinions on other players.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 03:50 GMT
#116
On October 02 2013 12:41 Oatsmaster wrote:
##vote holyflare
Yeah I didnt roll scum!!!!!!!!

Man that first post.

On October 02 2013 12:44 Oatsmaster wrote:
Also I think BH might be scum because there is no reason to RNG in a 9 player mini and he was just trying to emulate his behavior from last game.


So you think that BH is scum but don't vote him. That's a good stance.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 03:52 GMT
#120
On October 02 2013 12:51 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2013 12:48 Holyflare wrote:
Risen, in a game of 9 players in which I know nothing about any of the players there is no better system to accept straight off than RNG. Obviously there are ways to get my attention drawn to other people, however, in a 'world heavyweight championship' as you so lovingly pointed out, is it really going to be that obvious when people screw up? I think not. Like I said in my original post, however, I am open to peoples opinions on other players.

except that we have 48 hours to find scum and its only 2/9 chance that we get scum. And probably another 4/9 that we hit an obvious townie that is obvious town after 48 hours. Now its not so useful is it?


Do you even read what is posted?

On October 02 2013 12:18 Blazinghand wrote:
Also to all the RNG doubters: RNG has a 2/7 chance of hitting scum today! Not 2/9 as you might think. Why is that?

Well, first off, I'm talking to people who aren't Oats and are town. You personally know that of the 8 non-you players, 2 are scum. So you'd think it would be a 2/8 chance of an RNG hitting scum. Pretty lame right? WRONG. If the RNG is on the doctor and the lynch starts to gather steam, he'll surely claim. This means that the doctor isn't even in the lynch pool, and we can roll again for a new RNG. this means we can discount one town player from our odds, meaning that you have a 2/7 (over 30%!) chance of lynching scum with RNG!

Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 03:54 GMT
#121
On October 02 2013 12:51 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2013 12:48 Holyflare wrote:
Risen, in a game of 9 players in which I know nothing about any of the players there is no better system to accept straight off than RNG. Obviously there are ways to get my attention drawn to other people, however, in a 'world heavyweight championship' as you so lovingly pointed out, is it really going to be that obvious when people screw up? I think not. Like I said in my original post, however, I am open to peoples opinions on other players.

You could read people's posts and judge them by that? Seems to be a pretty common way to vote.


Did you not just jump on my post for saying 'reasonable for now' and the rest of it pretty much asking about other people? Or are you taking care to ignore everything I have been writing. Of course I am open to peoples posting and habits, that's why I asked for you to tell me what you know about other people which you have still neglected to do.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 04:56 GMT
#178
On October 02 2013 13:34 Blazinghand wrote:
@Holyflare: weigh in now on these interactions. state opinions, draw / refine reads, interact with the people voting you. refine your reads on them, and their reads on you.


I live in the UK so my timezones are a bit off from yours. That being said.
+ Show Spoiler +

On October 02 2013 13:36 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2013 13:31 Blazinghand wrote:
Look, Oats, you have to admit, it IS pretty weird that Risen hasn't been trying to convince me, right? Like, even drawing some weird unflipped associative tell shit you can't just go and say "I'm not going to try to convince BH, who's literally in the thread right now and rather influential as a town player, that HF is scum". You also have to admit, do you not, that given that holyflare IS LITERALLY A NEWBIE, it's possible he doesn't get what playing the newb card means? It's possible that yes, the reaction should be suspicion, but also an attempt to draw him into conversation? That not doing that is sub-optimal, and therefore scummy?

Literally a newbie doesnt mean you play the noob card unless you think it helps you. I only remember playing the noob card in my first few scumgames but none of my towngames because it served no purpose.
Why do you think Holyflare is a complete and total idiot that is bad at mafia?


I find Oats the most confusing player here, and by confusing, I mean a person with scumlike tendencies from what I can read. I mentioned one thing in one post and the rest of my posts have been trying to stimulate some other topics of discussion, yet, he is still adament that I've been calling myself a noob this entire time.

The thing that drives me to suspicions is the fact that he has linked me and BH together as a scum team (why would either of us be that bad), and has had not so much interaction with me but a lot with BH.

On October 02 2013 13:26 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2013 13:23 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 02 2013 13:20 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 02 2013 13:17 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 02 2013 13:16 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 02 2013 13:15 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 02 2013 13:15 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 02 2013 13:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Really when I think about it I still want to lynch Oats, beyond just the RNG. His decision to OMGUS and throw suspicion on me is pretty retarded, and though I could see a town oats (since oats is an irrational player) doing something like that out of spite and misery, this is more likely to come from scum who's just pissed to be nailed by RNG. I'm gonna stick with my vote on him for now.

What the fuck BH?
Where did I say you were bad in the post I called you scummy in?

This post makes no sense.
None.


What's your read on Risen?

null ~~ town

Why?

Cause he doesnt hop on the RNG lynch wagon.
And cause he called Holyflare scum.


I personally do not find either of these reasons compelling. A decision to hop or not hop on the RNG lynch wagon is dependent on personal ideas about how useful RNG is, and whether or not it paints someone as scummy depends on their reasoning and history, not the simple fact that they did or did not hop on.

Calling holyflare scum, likewise, is not in and of itself a good strat. I too don't like holyflare's play, but you think I am scum, and it is almost certainly because of my interactions with holyflare. Instead of calling him a newb card player and voting him, as risen did, without serious explanation and an attempt to help him, I actually interacted with him seriously. playing the newb card is also something newbies do. the optimal response is mine, not risen's. Mine determines holyflare's alignment.

Risen did not attempt to suss out what was up with holyflare. he laid some smackdown, but hasn't seriously followed it up. Where is he in convincing me to vote holyflare as I interact with holyflare? After all, he thinks holyflare is scum, no?

I find risen scummy for that reason.

I think you're scum for pulling the RNG bullshit again.
I didnt attempt to find out what was up with holyflare, I laid some smackdown!

So am I scum for that too?

Holyflare is scum because he instantly jumps on a policy and then writes a whole bunch of stuff saying he is a noob.
Without actually saying those words.


He even says so himself, he hasn't attempted to find what's up with me (even though I posted why I liked RNG voting specifically for my case) yet, here:
On October 02 2013 13:16 Oatsmaster wrote:
Stifling discussion is top scum play for calling someone scummy when they are being agressive and shit.
Holyflare is the right lynch!.
it's the top scum play to stifle discussion. With his sure stance on me being scum and despite me resonding why I posted what I did is it not he who is in fact stifling the discussion?

His posts do not analyse or point out reasonings, they state. He has responded poorly to questions arisen from BH, and even though BH and me are supposedly a scum team, it's enough for his vote to stay on me despite the constant accusatory nature he has against BH from the posts he see's.


Not to mention;
On October 02 2013 13:42 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
the point i'm getting at here isn't that having a strong stance early on is scummy. THIS IS NOT MY POINT. STOP LYING AND STATING THAT IT IS MY POINT. my point is the lack of follow-up, the lack of interaction with the guy being voted or the guy not voting him. After all, if I REALLY do think holyflare is scummy, you should be all over me trying to refine my scumread on him. I shouldn't have to twist your arm to get you to do this.

So you vote for someone then you ask him to explain? If I think a guy is scum, then why do I have to have interaction with him? And if everyone else in the thread thinks the same way, then why do I have to have interaction with them?
If you think (you said you KNEW) a person was scum, your orientation as a townsman should be to prove to your allies that the person is in fact scum. If you do not interact with the person at all how can you garner anymore information than the one post you base your entire 'analysis' on? The fact that you say everyone else agrees with you in this thread is just testament to the fact that you have put no effort or thought into your stance and are just going with the flow to follow up for an 'easy' lynch.


Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 04:57 GMT
#180
Wanted to get this part out there before I moved onto more as you're moving pretty quickly.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 05:05 GMT
#184
Stop posting long posts??? It's called analysis of a player. The fact that even after I've posted that you aren't asking me anything, aren't trying to discover whether I am in fact town or not and aren't trying to decipher other peoples motives is just rubbing me the wrong way. It's easy to jump on a player because he played the noob card but there are 2 scum in this game not just one. If i were to be lynched and did indeed flip town then wouldn't you regret not pressuring other people on why they think i'm a sure fire scum?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 05:06 GMT
#185
And as soon as I respond to something you leave? Really?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 05:08 GMT
#186
The fact you can't just click my profile (you can even see my post count??) and see that I've only been in newbie games is just more testament to your alignment. Shouldn't you be discerning these answers before you know that "He's surely scum".?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 02 2013 05:15 GMT
#187
Going to go to bed (6am) in roughly 10 minutes so if anyone wants to discuss anything further/immediately I'll be available for that.
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 213
Nina 121
SpeCial 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14898
Rain 2126
Dewaltoss 51
NaDa 35
Bale 31
Noble 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
Counter-Strike
taco 639
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1569
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1577
WinterStarcraft597
Other Games
summit1g8971
Doublelift3135
JimRising 646
PiGStarcraft334
ArmadaUGS257
C9.Mang0196
Maynarde146
ViBE105
ZombieGrub21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick843
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo762
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 6m
OSC
10h 6m
Stellar Fest
10h 6m
OSC
21h 6m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.