• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:22
CEST 00:22
KST 07:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9218 users

Chess challenge:

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
NeoTheAKA
Profile Joined August 2003
United States14 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-09 19:20:01
July 11 2006 14:15 GMT
#1
According Blackjack, there are a select few from tl.net who are \"very good\" chess players. I\'m here for such that of a selection.

I played BW fanatically for seven years (I\'m sure most of you remember me), and quit playing last year. Chess is where I\'ve been ever since (likewise during the BW era, but not quite as assiduously and intensely). If there is anyone intellectually capable of putting up a decent fight for the unfortunate futility bound by the fate of opposition, I\'m a 1900+ on Yahoo. I play every day. It\'d be wonderful to find some good chess competition from BW players; so far no good.

AIM: l3randt
MSN: brandte222@hotmail.com
Yahoo chess: l3randt

-----

Apparently, my IP's been banned from this forum. This says a lot about the chess players here, including the administrative idiot who did the deed on these forums. But what's said even more about the chess players are the games. The only person who played a good game is ChoboCop, but I just found out he was using a program--which I honestly suspected considering his incessantly defensive and unperceivably cautious moves both games. Anyhow, here's some information you dunce jack-asses seem to want to know:

1.) I don't have a program and I've been playing chess since I was seven. I've played online for only two years and only used Yahoo (where the competition--even if such are programs--is far better than the 'lack of' found here), because Yahoo can be played from anywhere and the platform wasn't firewalled at my old job.

2.) Whatever low-life it was who searched me on Google and came across "my xanga" (which I used to use for friends I know in person, and in regard, every post has had an "inner circle" reference and is entirely satirical), it's http://www.xanga.com/l3randt , idiots-inept-to-search-engines. Feel free to visit, as dipshits that I don't know can't leave comments, furthermore, I sign on every few months. I even just made a MySpace this week for my friends (though, my ex actually made it in December so I could listen to songs she uploaded on hers) which anyone with a pulse could figure how to find that just as well.

3.) I've done nothing but subtly criticize you nescient morons with every successive reply I've made on this post... which you fools seem to take to a laughably sincere degree.

4.) I'll still play any one of you that I haven't played. My AIM and MSN is in this post. You can even have my e-mail: neo27bee@hotmail.com.

5.) I know how to play chess, along with excelling in what seems to be endless mental attributes that surely none of you possess. On top of that... actually, I don't want to put any more on top of that just to depress any of you further--I'm actually a nice guy who doesn't care to brag. The only thing that gives the impression is the fact that I'm on the internet surrounded by low-lives and no-lives who thrive on ridiculing what they don't have. So, toodles.
huk?
One Page Memory
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Bulgaria2145 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-07-11 16:23:56
July 11 2006 15:53 GMT
#2
Ok, we can try.
I have no FIDE raiting, but local (Bulgarian) 2100.
I played Bereg.ru - now closed, and now I play playchess.com.
Really don't like Yahoo! because of the ugly board, bad timing and lag.
If you want we can play few yahoo games - my handle there is dagoeba.
What about the time control? I think max is 5/0.

Edit: Define "very good"? You played in any sort of local team, league, etc?
Here's my last tournament :
http://www.geocities.com/mitko74/starazagora/samarskozname.htm
If you don't see shit (cyrillic), I am on 15 place with 6/9, starting number - 34.
Jin Youngsoo before game with Savior: But, I demanded myself (of composure) by saying: Same old, same old - only a Zerg, only a Zerg
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-07-11 17:34:12
July 11 2006 17:33 GMT
#3
ok, I am up to it. I am able to play in the weekdays from 22.00-23.00 CET. I am pretty weak at chess, but I love playing.~1600 Yahoo rating.id - efsevenno1.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
July 11 2006 19:00 GMT
#4
I'm 1900ish Irish Chess Union played in World juniors in France, if i'm on maybe a few blitz games?
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
July 11 2006 20:03 GMT
#5
Most of us remember you? I have no idea who you are :D
So.. I don't play chess, but who are you exactly and why should we remember you?
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
oPtioNaLk
Profile Joined September 2004
Korea (South)564 Posts
July 12 2006 07:39 GMT
#6
Haha I see someone else aside from myself is ticked off by the arrogance.
Oxygen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Canada3581 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-07-12 07:57:42
July 12 2006 07:56 GMT
#7
Er, to anyone that starts up a game - could I obs? I'd really like that :O


Haha I see someone else aside from myself is ticked off by the arrogance.


Dont drink and derive. TSL: Made with Balls.
NeoTheAKA
Profile Joined August 2003
United States14 Posts
July 12 2006 08:09 GMT
#8
If you don't remember me then you simply don't know me and probably never 2v2'ed competitively in WGT or PGT or played NW's. However, I'm not here to discuss memories or impressions. Just looking for a challenge from those with the same video game background (i.e. BW, for those of you who seem to miss "points") as myself.

One Page Memory, mdb, and Slayer91: certainly. Any of you have AIM or MSN? I don't play speed chess though. That isn't chess and defeats the purposes of chess; inevitably creating a poorer player due to the negation of calculations by the acumen of the best moves. If you're a blitzer, I'm sorry, but you're probably not worth my time; albeit, I will play you. Ten minutes is usually enough, but I could compromise down to seven. Five minutes just isn't a long enough time for a good game.

Looking forward to playing any of you. Honestly, I'd love to be beaten by a BW player.
huk?
goldrush
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Canada709 Posts
July 12 2006 08:37 GMT
#9
The problem is that people are naturally suspicious of players playing games longer than 5 minutes, because the opponents can cheat using computers. Not saying taht you do, it's just that people sometimes get that impression when they get beaten.

I personally enjoy a nice 15-20 minutes per side for a game, because you actually ahve time to think, though I realize that cheating is a problem (but even then, you learn from your mistakes). I'm not that good myself, but if you're willing to go over the game after you beat me, I'll be willing to give it a shot.
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
July 12 2006 10:11 GMT
#10
Why don't you play with 10/15 time control then?
Moderator
lightman
Profile Joined April 2005
United States731 Posts
July 12 2006 10:30 GMT
#11
On July 12 2006 17:09 NeoTheAKA wrote:
If you don't remember me then you simply don't know me and probably never 2v2'ed competitively in WGT or PGT or played NW's. However, I'm not here to discuss memories or impressions. Just looking for a challenge from those with the same video game background (i.e. BW, for those of you who seem to miss "points") as myself.

One Page Memory, mdb, and Slayer91: certainly. Any of you have AIM or MSN? I don't play speed chess though. That isn't chess and defeats the purposes of chess; inevitably creating a poorer player due to the negation of calculations by the acumen of the best moves. If you're a blitzer, I'm sorry, but you're probably not worth my time; albeit, I will play you. Ten minutes is usually enough, but I could compromise down to seven. Five minutes just isn't a long enough time for a good game.

Looking forward to playing any of you. Honestly, I'd love to be beaten by a BW player.


You hack.
Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 WSOP holding just a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, and a green #4 card from the game UNO, against an AAA KK flop and his rival folding AK after Chuck raised him ALL-IN
lightman
Profile Joined April 2005
United States731 Posts
July 12 2006 10:31 GMT
#12
On July 11 2006 23:15 NeoTheAKA wrote:
According Blackjack, there are a select few from tl.net who are \"very good\" chess players. I\'m here for such that of a selection.

I played BW fanatically for seven years (I\'m sure most of you remember me), and quit playing last year. Chess is where I\'ve been ever since (likewise during the BW era, but not quite as assiduously and intensely). If there is anyone intellectually capable of putting up a decent fight for the unfortunate futility bound by the fate of opposition, I\'m a 1900+ Yahoo. (The \"Yahoo\" is my noun.) I play every day. It\'d be wonderful to find some good chess competition from BW players; so far no good.

AIM: l3randt
MSN: brandte222@hotmail.com
Yahoo chess: l3randt


I'm sorry, but you hack.
Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 WSOP holding just a Get out of Jail Free Monopoloy card, and a green #4 card from the game UNO, against an AAA KK flop and his rival folding AK after Chuck raised him ALL-IN
One Page Memory
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Bulgaria2145 Posts
July 12 2006 15:30 GMT
#13
On July 12 2006 17:37 goldrush wrote:
The problem is that people are naturally suspicious of players playing games longer than 5 minutes, because the opponents can cheat using computers. Not saying taht you do, it's just that people sometimes get that impression when they get beaten.

I personally enjoy a nice 15-20 minutes per side for a game, because you actually ahve time to think, though I realize that cheating is a problem (but even then, you learn from your mistakes). I'm not that good myself, but if you're willing to go over the game after you beat me, I'll be willing to give it a shot.


Yup, goldrush is absolutely right. Main reason to not play long games is computer assistance.
On a side note any experienced player (I include myself here) will spot very easily such an attempt. Too bad one can use help only from time to time - i.e. not to make blunders, look out for openings, etc.. Other way is not to play the best moves given by the engine. Still I can tell with more than 95 % certainty if I play against human or program.
With that said I am ready for nice, hack free games with any control between 10 and 20 minutes per game.
I don't have/need MSN or AIM (even don't know what AIM means), but have ICQ and Skype.
Also its good to share our own games - its good to know opponents level.
If any interested - PM.
Jin Youngsoo before game with Savior: But, I demanded myself (of composure) by saying: Same old, same old - only a Zerg, only a Zerg
FroST(TE)
Profile Joined September 2004
United States909 Posts
July 12 2006 16:06 GMT
#14
id play if you didnt sound like an asshole
PoorUser on LP
brite
Profile Joined January 2005
United Kingdom253 Posts
July 12 2006 17:51 GMT
#15
i played competitively 2 years ago and am still not too bad.
i don't like yahoo though.
any of you play on gameknot.com ???
the games are longer there though, cuz you get like 1 or 2 days per move.
of course you could cheat but i would hope that you wouldn't.
RPG.AnDrEi
Profile Joined June 2006
Romania28 Posts
July 12 2006 18:32 GMT
#16
what CET time u will be online on msn ?
aa
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
July 12 2006 19:00 GMT
#17
Blitz games can be very strong, with 2300+ elo players if they are sharp they can play 1 minute better than most 1900s, and i've always hated playing long games online, I prefer a real board for long games. Try playing some tournys, here, all september to may there are weekend tounys 1 hour:45 or 1hour:30 per side with 5-6 games.
But to each his own.
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
July 12 2006 19:29 GMT
#18
Gogo Slayer91! Might be that you could get Neo the One down to earth a bit
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
suxN
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Finland1167 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-07-12 19:38:42
July 12 2006 19:36 GMT
#19
Is there anyone who sucks at chess? i could play with them.. I would like 20minutes time.

You know i dont cheat because i suck, unless i use sucky ass cheat

aqemo@hotmail.com for messenger.
suxN@quakenet/ircnet for irc.
I dont want to be totally out :3
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-07-13 00:36:11
July 13 2006 00:35 GMT
#20
Wow, new breed of ultra-nerd : One who cheats in an online game of chess....
what has humanity become ?
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O145
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason106
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1003
ZZZero.O 145
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm91
League of Legends
Doublelift4682
JimRising 600
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5830
Other Games
summit1g8952
FrodaN3145
KnowMe228
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1225
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie984
• Shiphtur196
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
38m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 38m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 38m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 38m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.