• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:04
CEST 07:04
KST 14:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7315 users

[Interview] SPL Stars vs CJ Round 2 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 05 2013 07:26 GMT
#1
(Z)Woongjin Stars_ZerO

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

You grabbed two victories by yourself during the winners' league.

I'm glad I was able to contribute to our victory against CJ Entus. I am more happier about the fact that we won against CJ than the fact that I secured two wins today. While it's true that we are weak against CJ, they also looked down on us. I felt hurt because they all collectively seemed to be expressing this so.

What do you mean they collectively expressed this?

Manager Kim from CJ Entus would often state that Woongjin was a one win card. I thought he was kidding around but when I realized that this was actually kind of true, I felt saddened by it.

You played the role of ace today.

It's just because that I was able to grab two wins after I got sent out is why this seems this way. I'm sure that had Soulkey been sent out after me, he would've cleaned them up. Honestly, I wanted to peacefully approach my games but my teammates kept telling me that the team's captain had a duty to win so I felt pressured by that.

EffOrt had a 10-1 ZvZ record.

I had no idea that his record was that good. Soulkey is so good at ZvZ during our practices that it just seems to me that no one can compare to him.

How do you feel about the all kill format?

I felt nervous for my first game but my hands were all warmed up for the second one. My victory aginst Bbyong allowed me to play well for my game against EffOrt.

Were you expecting a 11-11 from Bbyong?

Even if I hadn't been expecting it, I would have been fine since I scout for 90% of my ZvTs.

Every time Woongjin Stars enters the second round of a proleague, you guys go on a roller coaster ride.

Nothing's changed. We've been going up and down pretty severely lately so I am confident that we won't go down this time. I've been working really hard without faltering

Are you confident enough to grab an all kill?

The chances of me grabbing an all kill has been increasing the more I play SC2. Even if it doesn't turn out to be me, my teammates all have a perfect chance of grabbing one.

What kind of role do you want for the second round?

If I get sent out as one of the first people, then I want to at the very least, grab about two kills.

Do you want the most wins award?

All my teammates all do so well that every win of theirs take away my confidence of getting that award. There are already players out there right now who have six victories recorded so I don't know what's going to happen. Rather than worry about winning the most wins award, I just want my team to do well.

Anything else you would like to say?

I was sent out as third today but I noticed that my teammates did not believe in Soulkey being sent out as fourth. I hope that Soulkey can become an ace player y that grabs a hold of everyone's trust someday. Whenever I look at KT, it feels like everyone on that team plays with a peaceful mindset because they have Flash. I hope Soulkey does really well from here on out and also do this.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
January 05 2013 07:29 GMT
#2
Thanks Seeker!
Moderatorlickypiddy
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
January 05 2013 07:30 GMT
#3
hrmmm, SK not WJS' ace? i wonder if i should have gotten someone different for FPL
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 07:33:19
January 05 2013 07:31 GMT
#4
What do you mean they collectively expressed this?

Manager Kim from CJ Entus would often state that Woongjin was a one win card. I thought he was kidding around but when I realized that this was actually kind of true, I felt saddened by it.


So not true, lol. They have one of the strongest lineups in terms of depth at every race lol.

On January 05 2013 16:30 opterown wrote:
hrmmm, SK not WJS' ace? i wonder if i should have gotten someone different for FPL


Lots of people consider SK their top talent and Zero has played second fiddle to him for too long. In all honesty they have a pretty darn good lineup when Light is on his A-game to support sin. Stars are no free win. They can take it to 7 with any team.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
January 05 2013 07:32 GMT
#5
That was quick, awesome interview!
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
January 05 2013 07:39 GMT
#6
On January 05 2013 16:32 Chairman Ray wrote:
That was quick, awesome interview!

Star adds 50% to translation speed

Congrats Seeker!! And also optertown if you're reading this =)
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
whirlpool
Profile Joined June 2011
2788 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 08:13:20
January 05 2013 08:13 GMT
#7
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 08:32:06
January 05 2013 08:31 GMT
#8
Didn't know there were issues between WJS and CJ. Gratz to ZerO on closing it out. Would have liked to see Light play, but well, he will open in two days. Thanks for the quick translation, Star-SeeKeR!
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
tj341
Profile Joined October 2012
United States147 Posts
January 05 2013 08:41 GMT
#9
thanks SeeKeR

why did zero have to tell the public that the team isn't confident in Soulkey? very weird impulse for a teammate lol
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
January 05 2013 09:34 GMT
#10
On January 05 2013 17:41 tj341 wrote:
thanks SeeKeR

why did zero have to tell the public that the team isn't confident in Soulkey? very weird impulse for a teammate lol


because zero is trolling soulkey. people need to understand their bromance.
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8143 Posts
January 05 2013 10:10 GMT
#11
Awesome interview. Zero is a pretty funny guy.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 05 2013 10:38 GMT
#12
Thanks Seeker! Didn't realize CJ and Stars had "issues" lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
FusioN.Strider
Profile Joined February 2012
Germany131 Posts
January 05 2013 10:55 GMT
#13
I'm confused. =S
It says 'Round 1' in the title, shouldn't it be Round 2?
MISTAKE!
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
January 05 2013 11:31 GMT
#14
So manner Zero. Thanks for the trans!
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
January 05 2013 11:58 GMT
#15
Zero the hero

getting me points
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
DiMano
Profile Joined July 2011
Korea (South)2066 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 17:22:25
January 05 2013 17:12 GMT
#16
On January 05 2013 19:55 FusioN.Strider wrote:
I'm confused. =S
It says 'Round 1' in the title, shouldn't it be Round 2?

Yeah same question here
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
January 05 2013 17:23 GMT
#17
ahh had him for r1, not r2
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
January 05 2013 17:29 GMT
#18
WJS are like the FXO of Proleague, being quite top-heavy, but maybe not with the best possible ace.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
January 05 2013 17:35 GMT
#19
On January 06 2013 02:29 Grumbels wrote:
WJS are like the FXO of Proleague, being quite top-heavy, but maybe not with the best possible ace.

Pretty hard to beat the Fantasy/Rain combo/soO combo. Still their line-up is quite possibly the best overall.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
January 05 2013 17:41 GMT
#20
On January 06 2013 02:35 Otolia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2013 02:29 Grumbels wrote:
WJS are like the FXO of Proleague, being quite top-heavy, but maybe not with the best possible ace.

Pretty hard to beat the Fantasy/Rain combo/soO combo. Still their line-up is quite possibly the best overall.



Remember the old cliche you're only as good as your weakest link? o;
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 240
NeuroSwarm 204
ProTech121
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21462
Dewaltoss 140
Bale 47
ZergMaN 11
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Other Games
summit1g14511
JimRising 793
Sick149
Nina1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick980
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 25
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2134
League of Legends
• Lourlo1239
• Rush920
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 56m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 56m
Replay Cast
17h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.