• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:16
CEST 14:16
KST 21:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7154 users

Clash signs Messiah, Shew, ZaiZai

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
January 12 2012 22:28 GMT
#1
[image loading]

As a way to inaugurate the beginning of 2012 and what we hope will be a big year for us as a team, we at Clash have decided to bolster our roster with what we feel are some of the best possible additions we could have made to the team. Adding players to the team is not something we take lightly, and it should say a lot about these three players that we've decided to add them all within such a short amount of time. I took the time to speak with each player in the form of an interview in order to gather their thoughts on joining our team, as well as what they have in store for the year ahead of us. The first player I sat down with (with a translator of course), ClashMessiah, is the Korean addition to our roster, and an extremely deadly player.

Virgil: Before I start asking questions, can you tell us a little about yourself, and your past history with Starcraft?

Messiah: Hi. I'm Jae Gook Kim, a 22 year-old college student from Korea. I had played Brood War as my hobby. However, as the StarCraft 2 Beta came out, I started playing more seriously and devoted my time to get better.

Virgil: Before signing with Team Clash you were already attempting the Code A Qualifiers and playing at a professional level, did you have any notable practice partners?

Messiah: I know some of the players on Team oGs because they had scouted me for their team. Also, I'm friends with Liquid`Jinro and IMHappy, and we practice from time to time.

Virgil: Is there any reason you hadn't joined a team before now? What stuck out to you about Clash as a team?

Messiah: I had a college studies to do so I rejected oGs because they wanted their players to stay in their team house. As for North American teams, I was on another team before, but their manager scammed me so I decided not to join any pro-team from then on. I joined Clash because I had some of my friends on this team, and Clash wanted to support my participation in various tournaments.

Virgil: Playing the Code A Qualifiers under the name sAviOr has gained you a lot of notoriety in the foreign scene, is there any particular reason you chose to compete under that alias?

Messiah: There's no really legitimate reason for choosing Savior LOL. Well... I switched from Terran to Zerg, and Zerg was weak back in the earlier Starcraft 2. So I named myself Savior cuz I wanted to save all the zerg players. I think a lot of people assumed I did it to copy sAviOr, but I never thought of it that way.

Virgil: What are your goals for 2012, as well as your expectations for Clash as a team in 2012?

Messiah: I want to qualify for GSL Code A, first. I also want Clash to keep supporting me and to find a sponsor for tournaments. We are not informed well of tournaments outside Korea, so I believe Clash could definately help me out on that.

Virgil: Who has helped you the most since you joined Clash?

Messiah: ClashMercy

Virgil: Are there any other professional Starcraft 2 players you look up to?

Messiah: I particularly have no players that I really think of as idols... but I think Boxer and Nestea are amazing because they continue playing over age 30 and they give me inspiration.

Virgil: Before I go, is there anything you'd like to say to your foreign fans?

Messiah: As you all know, lots of foreign players have dissapeared from BW. I hope this doesn't happen in Starcraft II. I wish everybody in the world will enjoy this game. Thank you!


On top of adding a very strong Korean player to the roster, Clash also acquired one of the top North American free agent players in ClashShew. Placing as the highest ranking free agent at MLG Providence, Shew really captured the attention of not only us at Clash, but a large number of viewers as well. We're very happy to have come to agreement with Shew and having him join our roster. Here's what he had to say during our interview:

Virgil: How do you feel about Clash as your new team?

Shew: I love that Clash is my new team, I've been looking for a good, solid team for a long time and I feel I finally found it here at Clash. I am also personal friends with the owner and after talking to him multiple times I realized that Clash was a perfect fit for me.

Virgil: Your success as a Free Agent generated a lot of interest, why Clash over other teams?

Shew: I feel Clash gives me the best practice possible. On so many teams out there especially non top-tier ones, you see that every player just practices on their own. There is a lack of the "team" aspect of a team, and Clash definitely isn't one of those. I feel a sense of belonging and enjoy talking to all my teammates, especially the korean ones.

Virgil: Who on the team has helped you improve the most thus far?

Shew: ClashJPEG [Paul, our manager] and ClashMercy are definitely the two people who have helped me personally the most. JPEG helped me so much with my mental state and everything that goes on outside the game. Mercy has been sending me replays of his Korean Grandmaster account while watching my own replays and critiquing me on everything from big overall strategy to small details.

Virgil: In your opinion, who is the best player on the Clash roster?

Shew: I personally think Mercy is the best player on the team, I haven't been able to keep a close eye on everyone's play individually. However, I would definitely say it is a protoss because of the sheer depth we have in the lineup and how most of them are korean Grandmaster players.

Virgil: You recently took a fairly lengthy (for a pro-gamer) break over the holidays, how do you feel about your play coming back to practice in 2012?

Shew: Going home for the holidays I had not seen my friends and family for a long time so I wanted to get as much time as I could with them. Also, I was doing a lot of mindset building to help me with my approach to the game. Around the time after MLG Providence to the holiday season I was under such intense stress from Starcraft. I have to remember it is a game and I need to find reasons as to why I fell in love with the game in the first place, then proceed from there. I am going to be going into 2012 with a more clear and focus driven head. Every practice game (whether it is custom practice or ladder) I will have set goals to work on to improve my play, rather then just massing practice and not going over every individual game.

Virgil: What are your personal goals for 2012, and your expectations of Clash as a team in 2012?

Shew: A personal goal of mine has always been to be living in a korean pro-gaming house and playing full-time. On top of that, I'd like to continue to have as good of LAN results as possible, get my fanbase up, and have my stream featured on TL.

As for team Clash, by the end of 2012 I want us to be seen as one of the scariest teams out there in North America, if not internationally. There is so much raw talent on our team and, with our structured practice regimen, we can make the most out of what we have.

Virgil: Do you have anything you'd like to say to your fans?

Shew: I'd like to say thank you to my fan(s) for constantly cheering me on. I hope to continue to make a name for myself and show that I'm not just another one of those wanna-be "Pro" Starcraft 2 players. When I find something I really like, I don't rest until I'm the absolute best. Whether that means I live in the United States, or Korea. I'm even taking Korean classes right now just in case! Thanks all!


While already adding two players to our roster, we weren't really looking to make many more additions to our team, when out of a bizarre series of events, we stumbled across an amazing Chinese Zerg player, ClashZaiZai. My reaction, as well as the rest of our managerial staff (and the players as well) wanted to bring him on board. With now an incredibly deep Protoss and Zerg line-up, we're really happy to be able to develop all aspects of play for our players. I sat down to talk with ZaiZai shortly after he began practicing with the team for a quick chat.

Virgil: Hey, before we begin, can you tell us a little about yourself, and your history playing Starcraft?

ZaiZai: Hello, my name is Yunpeng (Daniel) Xie, ingame ID "ClashZaiZai". I moved to live in Canada when I was 16 from China, I am currently living in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I starting playing Starcraft 2 since its beta.

Virgil: You recently played for SCA before joining Clash, what's it like, making the change?

ZaiZai: SCA is an amateur North America Chinese Starcraft 2 team, however SCA people don't take the game seriously enough in my opinion, then I joined a local team based in Vancouver cG(Cyber Gaming), unfortunately there aren't a lot of people to practice with, and then I met ClashDrone on a ladder game and he introduced me to the team. It is a really a big step up for me as I can now find matched skill level players to practice with and get a lot of insight from them.

Virgil: Playing on a team with a large Korean roster, but not speaking Korean must be difficult, has the language barrier effected you to any serious degree?

ZaiZai: Not at all, our teammates are extremely friendly and outgoing. I don't know about others, but when I talk to our Korean players I can fully understand them, even though the grammar is sometimes weird, I think it has to do with my 1st language being Chinese.

Virgil: One of the aspects Clash prides itself on is the practice regimen, how well do you think it's been working out for you?

ZaiZai: Our practice regimen is just amazing, I am a hardworker myself, I usually play 7 hours a day, and now with the practice regimen and amazing practice partners I am feeling like I am playing effectively, unlike the mindless playing on ladder before.

Virgil: Since you've joined Clash, which team member has helped you improve the most?

ZaiZai: So many players have helped me since I've joined, huge shout outs to ClashPanther, ClashMercy, ClashDrone, and our managers/coaches. They have taught me a lot.

Virgil: What are your personal goals for 2012, and what are your expectations for Clash as a team in 2012?

ZaiZai: My personal goal for 2012 is to become better and do my best to try more tournaments. My expectations would be for us to grow stronger and win tournaments as a team.

Virgil: Before I go, is there anything you'd like to say to the readers?

ZaiZai: Please support Team Clash, I will do my best to contribute to the team, and please cheer for us when you see us playing. To all the players I have or might have bmed on ladder, I am sorry. GL HF everyone.


I'd like to take a moment to both echo the sentiments of not only these players, but the rest of our roster as well. Moving in to 2012 we're really hoping to make a big impact, both in results and notoriety. We at Team Clash are really looking forward to the upcoming year, and hopefully we can provide quality entertainment and great matches for everyone. We've got big plans in store for 2012, so hopefully you keep an eye on us!

If you'd like to stay up-to-date with things happening around Team Clash, follow us on Twitter!

Furthermore, if you'd like to get in touch with us at Team Clash for any reason, feel free to contact me at: Virgil@team-clash.com

All interviews were slightly edited for grammar and spelling
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
chadissilent
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1187 Posts
January 12 2012 22:31 GMT
#2
Welcome to the team, boys
ptrpb
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada753 Posts
January 12 2012 22:35 GMT
#3
Nice additions, could you also tell us who is already on the team for those of us who don't know? I couldn't find anything on TLPD or Liquidpedia about Team Clash.
MBAACC | SG | shit at fighting games
PaPoolee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands660 Posts
January 12 2012 22:35 GMT
#4
Congratulations , hope they do well
luckylefty
Profile Joined November 2010
United States272 Posts
January 12 2012 22:37 GMT
#5
Good luck Clash
robih
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria1086 Posts
January 12 2012 22:39 GMT
#6
i dont know neither the team nor the players

but gl i guess
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
January 12 2012 22:40 GMT
#7
Definitely a great pick up by a great team. Three of the most talented Starcraft 2 players atm.
Maybe a spot in GSTL?
snively
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States1159 Posts
January 12 2012 22:41 GMT
#8
What is the team roster now?
My religion is Starcraft
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
January 12 2012 22:48 GMT
#9
Awesome pick ups for Clash, this team is on the up and up.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Vul
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States685 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 22:54:13
January 12 2012 22:48 GMT
#10
On January 13 2012 07:41 snively wrote:
What is the team roster now?


According to the website and this post:

Protoss

(P)Imagine, (P)LegalMind, (P)MoOk, (P)SurA, Mercy, (P)Shew,


Terran

(T)Panther, (T)DontASK, Roger

Zerg

Prestro, ZaiZai, Messiah, (Z)Sky

Sky is on their TLPD but not on their website.

Soloturtle
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada333 Posts
January 12 2012 22:51 GMT
#11
GL Guys, hope to see this team do well in the future!
Cool
KatuStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada161 Posts
January 12 2012 22:52 GMT
#12
psh and caster katu yo!

Of course welcome Messiah :D
Video games and whiskey.
Dwarsen
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden13 Posts
January 12 2012 22:53 GMT
#13
Oh yeah, this is the team LegalMind is on now right?

Good luck guys!
http://www.1kb.se - för oss som tycker spel ska vara roligt
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
January 12 2012 23:00 GMT
#14
these guys are legit, best of luck to you.
TylerThaCreator
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States906 Posts
January 12 2012 23:03 GMT
#15
overall decent lineup except for zaizai imo...guy just goes 2 base mutas every game. maybe he's improved.

good luck !
aka SethN
mark05
Profile Joined March 2009
Canada807 Posts
January 12 2012 23:05 GMT
#16
nice additions gogo clash ^^
yes, I'm MarkOhFive
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
January 12 2012 23:27 GMT
#17
Our Official Roster:
Messiah
Presto
ZaiZai
Drone
Sky
Mercy
MoOk
Legal
SurA
Imagine
Shew
Don'tASK
Panther
Roger
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 23:33:27
January 12 2012 23:32 GMT
#18
On (Z)January 13 2012 08:27 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Our Official Roster:
Messiah
(Z)Presto
ZaiZai
Drone
Sky
Mercy
(P)MoOk
Legal
(P)SurA
(P)Imagine
(P)Shew
Don'tASK
(T)Panther
Roger


I'm sorry but I don't know who those players are

but good luck nonetheless :p
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
January 12 2012 23:38 GMT
#19
On January 13 2012 08:32 NexUmbra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On (Z)January 13 2012 08:27 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Our Official Roster:
Messiah
(Z)Presto
ZaiZai
Drone
Sky
Mercy
(P)MoOk
Legal
(P)SurA
(P)Imagine
(P)Shew
Don'tASK
(T)Panther
Roger


I'm sorry but I don't know who those players are

That might be because we built our team around talent, not fame. I could tell you that Don'tASK used to be on Prime, and that MoOk was with MvP. Messiah, likewise was invited to join oGs but didn't want to live in the team house. Legalmind played in the GSL Open Seasons before he quit to focus on school. Mercy and SurA came from the Korean clan Jung. Sky and Drone are Canadians that used to be on tQ that we saw a lot of talent in. ZaiZai was recommended to us, and shows extreme amounts of skill in practice. Imagine came from the Korean clan SpC. Shew was a North American free agent that we wanted to help develop into an amazing player. Panther and Roger I'm not quite sure where they came from, but Paul has faith in them, as do I.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
chadissilent
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1187 Posts
January 12 2012 23:57 GMT
#20
On January 13 2012 08:32 NexUmbra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On (Z)January 13 2012 08:27 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Our Official Roster:
Messiah
(Z)Presto
ZaiZai
Drone
Sky
Mercy
(P)MoOk
Legal
(P)SurA
(P)Imagine
(P)Shew
Don'tASK
(T)Panther
Roger


I'm sorry but I don't know who those players are

but good luck nonetheless :p

All I'm gonna say is that it's better to be a surprise than a letdown
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings208
SHIN 150
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 409
ByuN 324
SHIN 150
Railgan 45
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 72347
Calm 11477
Rain 2520
Bisu 1363
FanTaSy 857
soO 547
Stork 498
Shuttle 431
Soma 265
Rush 245
[ Show more ]
firebathero 194
Snow 194
Last 155
Light 99
Mind 85
Pusan 74
ToSsGirL 42
hero 38
Bale 38
Killer 37
Sharp 37
Trap 35
Hm[arnc] 31
Mong 27
Free 25
sorry 23
Aegong 21
Shine 17
yabsab 16
HiyA 14
zelot 13
IntoTheRainbow 12
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
Sexy 11
scan(afreeca) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc8267
Dendi491
League of Legends
Reynor120
Counter-Strike
fl0m1148
byalli596
x6flipin327
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King71
Other Games
gofns31776
singsing2096
B2W.Neo533
Pyrionflax235
ToD124
Trikslyr22
Chillindude11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 82
• Gemini_19 14
• Dystopia_ 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV528
League of Legends
• Jankos3332
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1069
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 44m
OSC
10h 44m
Replay Cast
10h 44m
OSC
23h 44m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.