• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:45
CEST 18:45
KST 01:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9167 users

[Stream] KatuStarcraft

Forum Index > User Streams
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
KatuStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada161 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 23:32:42
January 04 2012 09:18 GMT
#1
Welcome Starcraft 2 Fans!

I'm Katu, also known as cKatu or KatuStarcraft, this stream is primarily used for my daily 1 hour analysis show

Please leave feedback and suggestions about my dailies, commentary, music, play and other content.

Cheers,

Kevin "Katu" Albert

P.S. You can find archived content on my YouTube channel.

Twitter
Clarity Gaming
Video games and whiskey.
Full.tilt
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom1709 Posts
January 10 2012 15:15 GMT
#2
Just started watching the KSL today and I can't help but feel I've missed out because I haven't heard you cast until now, great voice and energy and just great casting all round, keep up the good work!
jrauch4
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany2 Posts
January 10 2012 15:31 GMT
#3
I am watching your stream for the first time today and I am really amazed. What impresses my most is that even in tense situations you formulate correct English sentences instead of just screaming "OH MY GOOOOD" or "HERE WE GOOOOOO". All in all I'd say that you are right at the top among with Tastosis, Day9, MrBitter and so on. And with the exception of Tastosis I like your work far better than that of all the current and former GSL casters. Apply now! :D
fracture
Profile Joined August 2010
25 Posts
January 10 2012 15:44 GMT
#4
watching your KSL stream. keep up the good work!
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
January 10 2012 16:07 GMT
#5
Good caster, have seen him do playhem a bit and fairly impressed.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
adacan
Profile Joined September 2011
United States117 Posts
January 16 2012 14:49 GMT
#6
why is the window so small? Can barely see it
Inkarnate
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada840 Posts
January 16 2012 16:00 GMT
#7
This guy is pretty good ^^
monx
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada1400 Posts
January 17 2012 16:44 GMT
#8
sup katu, hope you'll come to LAN ETS
and why not cast it with torte hehe
@ggmonx
KatuStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada161 Posts
January 17 2012 18:33 GMT
#9
hey monx, ya that sounds like fun, I know I want to come down and compete at the very least, lanets is a pretty sick event!
Video games and whiskey.
koko775
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany43 Posts
January 28 2012 17:26 GMT
#10
Hey Katu, really enjoying your casts. At first I was like *meh* he's so-so. But now you are one of my favourite casters overall! Your voice is very smooth in it's own way, or better, it's comfortable listening to your cast. Also the information you are giving out, even when you have to suddenly transition into a fight-situation, is very clear, understandable and most importantly: it's correct information.

I really hope you keep up those standards! Great work so far!
robih
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria1086 Posts
February 19 2012 14:24 GMT
#11
srsly if you have no clue about the players dont talk about them...
sooooo much missinformation about moon it actually hurts to listen

besides that good job!
KatuStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada161 Posts
February 20 2012 18:01 GMT
#12
haha ya, it was Lyn not Moon, admittedly they are the same person in my mind!
Video games and whiskey.
KatuStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada161 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-29 22:07:24
January 29 2013 22:02 GMT
#13
@admin - For some reason I cannot edit my OP TT

New daily at 7pm ET featuring Zerg vs X analysis by yours truly. First hour will be going over the replays I found interesting over the days games with fan games afterwards.

Long story:
+ Show Spoiler +

For those of you who were wondering (yes you Ted) I was on hiatus for the past few months as it was an unfortunate time for my family. I barely had the time to play Starcraft, never mind making much content and so decided to take a step back with the plan to come back when I could.

Fortunately, that time is now I've been playing full days for about a week now and have been streaming some of it. Mostly to keep me motivated (if you have ladder fear/anxiety, stream yourself playing, you have to keep playing games else you'll never get any viewers!) and to get back into the swing of things. However, I found it to be just scattered content without much structure. More importantly, whilst playing, my frame of mind is not optimal for watching and evaluating replays.

All to say, today I am starting my own daily, mostly to have a set time where I am dedicated to reviewing my replays. I will be targeting and flagging close games throughout the day and keep in mind what I was thinking during the games. I am a player for Clarity Gaming, my own personal best is top 250 on NA ladder (currently 750) including GM and I have been casting professional Starcraft II games for 2 years while also devouring all GSL, MLG, DH, IPL, IEM and SPL VODs (I should mention that though I wasn't playing, I watched SCII incessantly on my phone). Therefore, I feel I can give a solid analysis of the strategies and engagements.

Furthermore, I learned in high school that teaching something is the best way to fully master it yourself. Having different minds with different thought processes really allows you to completely chart out a subject. Therefore, I would love viewer interaction and even requests. Please don't be shy to ask specific questions or give your own point of view, I fully intend and want to learn as much as possible from these streams.


If I am unable to attend on a particular night it will be posted here.
Video games and whiskey.
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
January 29 2013 22:15 GMT
#14
Hey Katu! Any idea if the KSL will return?
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
KatuStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada161 Posts
January 29 2013 22:59 GMT
#15
I have sadly not heard anything about a KSL coming back and since it was sponsored by Own3D.... I don't have high hopes neither TT
Video games and whiskey.
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
January 30 2013 00:32 GMT
#16
Oh I see was a fun tourney, as were your casts!
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
KatuStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada161 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 23:57:50
January 30 2013 23:57 GMT
#17
@admin: still can't edit OP, pls fix?

Thanks!

Also live in 3 minutes with Katu Daily #2 looking at roach/bling all ins, aggressive terran options and toss gateway expands
Video games and whiskey.
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
January 31 2013 00:22 GMT
#18
Will you be moving to a twitch stream?
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
KatuStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada161 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-31 01:13:11
January 31 2013 01:09 GMT
#19
@admin: is it possible to make the OP editable again? thx

yup, have been using it for the first 2 dailies already! Sad to see own3d go, but too psyched to be back to making sc2 content at the same time ^^
Video games and whiskey.
KatuStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada161 Posts
February 01 2013 00:02 GMT
#20
@admin still with the op thing TT pls help

Live with daily #3!
Video games and whiskey.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 37
mouzHeroMarine 22
UpATreeSC 1
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1239
Shuttle 1136
Mini 696
Soma 651
actioN 480
Rush 451
Light 352
Larva 329
BeSt 229
Snow 161
[ Show more ]
hero 132
firebathero 109
Dewaltoss 77
Zeus 65
Barracks 61
Aegong 57
Liquid`Ret 56
Shinee 29
Sexy 29
JYJ 27
soO 26
ToSsGirL 26
Shine 25
Bale 22
Trap 20
sorry 16
zelot 15
Terrorterran 14
Rock 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8116
qojqva2032
Dendi913
420jenkins170
Counter-Strike
Fnx 778
pashabiceps658
x6flipin616
ceh9388
edward52
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5742
Grubby3384
Liquid`Hasu219
Other Games
Beastyqt463
byalli460
B2W.Neo438
Khaldor216
DeMusliM157
Liquid`VortiX152
KnowMe128
ArmadaUGS113
BRAT_OK 89
Trikslyr54
TKL 53
C9.Mang039
Railgan4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV250
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH248
• StrangeGG 83
• mYiSmile124
• Reevou 6
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 12
• FirePhoenix10
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• 80smullet 1
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV430
League of Legends
• Nemesis2849
• TFBlade785
Other Games
• Shiphtur285
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 15m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 15m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.