• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:49
CEST 11:49
KST 18:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12082 users

Do you still get hyped about this game?

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
frontliner2
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands844 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-01 22:22:57
December 01 2011 21:54 GMT
#1

Poll: Diablo 3 release?

Still looking forward to release. (buying game) (331)
 
43%

I'm still super hyped!! (buying game) (235)
 
31%

Not excited, looking forward to other major release (low chance of buying) (73)
 
9%

We'll see where this goes (indicisive) (63)
 
8%

Cool genre, not really excited but will try out (buying game) (35)
 
5%

I've had it with Diablo3. (22)
 
3%

Maybe of a Sale! (indicisive) (10)
 
1%

769 total votes

Your vote: Diablo 3 release?

(Vote): I'm still super hyped!! (buying game)
(Vote): Still looking forward to release. (buying game)
(Vote): Cool genre, not really excited but will try out (buying game)
(Vote): We'll see where this goes (indicisive)
(Vote): Maybe of a Sale! (indicisive)
(Vote): Not excited, looking forward to other major release (low chance of buying)
(Vote): I've had it with Diablo3.



I'm kind of losing the hype for D3. I've played quite some D2 to kill some time, along with sc2, bw and a lot of classic online RTS (dune2, redalert 1, warcraft 2). After a while the gameplay of diablo becomes a bit redundant, I guess. I find myself playing something else after that.

Often you'll find yourself looking at a character that looks shiny whilst thinking of what area you're going to farm next. Still fun though. I was hoping there would be more news and more sneak peaks That will get me excited about the game again.

*edit* On the other hand, the game is so rich in possibilities and will definitely entertain when in parties :-)

Poll: How many of your real life friends will play D3 at some point

Lot's :) (224)
 
55%

0 (52)
 
13%

2 (40)
 
10%

1 (36)
 
9%

3 (28)
 
7%

4 (15)
 
4%

5 (14)
 
3%

409 total votes

Your vote: How many of your real life friends will play D3 at some point

(Vote): 0
(Vote): 1
(Vote): 2
(Vote): 3
(Vote): 4
(Vote): 5
(Vote): Lot's :)



Single player also ofcourse Let's not forget what DIablo game play stands out in.

What are your thoughts about this?
I had a bad dream. Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams. What a time you chose to be born in...
dibban
Profile Joined July 2008
Sweden1279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-19 16:52:54
December 01 2011 22:02 GMT
#2
No. Too much hush hush. Not enough to get hyped about before actually playing the game. Also, Diablo is too braindead mashing for me anyway. Might be fun at lan but nothing more for me.
이제동 - 이영호 since '07.
Nokarot
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1410 Posts
December 01 2011 22:07 GMT
#3
Still super hyped for it, and once it comes out I'm sure I'll play it nonstop until I've beaten inferno mode at least once. After that, though, I have no idea yet whether it'll be my game of choice or not.
beep beep boop
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
December 01 2011 22:18 GMT
#4
On December 02 2011 07:02 dibbaN wrote:
No. Too much hush hush. Not enough to get hyped about before actually playing the game. Also, Diablo is too brain-dead for me anyway. Might be fun at lan but nothing more for me.

X_x imo its only "braindead" if you dont challenge yourself. Me for example, i pretty much only play HC and try to run things ironman style where you dont get anything from your older chars so you actually have to play attention.. but hey to each their own i guess.

On topic: im still hyped for it, i am even upgrading my comp to be able to play it when it comes out :D
frontliner2
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands844 Posts
December 01 2011 22:22 GMT
#5
On December 02 2011 07:18 sc14s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2011 07:02 dibbaN wrote:
No. Too much hush hush. Not enough to get hyped about before actually playing the game. Also, Diablo is too brain-dead for me anyway. Might be fun at lan but nothing more for me.

X_x imo its only "braindead" if you dont challenge yourself. Me for example, i pretty much only play HC and try to run things ironman style where you dont get anything from your older chars so you actually have to play attention.. but hey to each their own i guess.

On topic: im still hyped for it, i am even upgrading my comp to be able to play it when it comes out :D


Awesome. I just got me a new mid range PC
I had a bad dream. Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams. What a time you chose to be born in...
MaReK
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Australia446 Posts
December 01 2011 22:39 GMT
#6
I was 'little-school-girl excited' when they announced it but now that's gone down a loooooot. A few days before release I'll be insanely hyped though.
"My wife only has sex with me for a purpose. Last night it was to time an egg "
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
December 01 2011 22:46 GMT
#7
On December 02 2011 07:39 MaReK wrote:
I was 'little-school-girl excited' when they announced it but now that's gone down a loooooot. A few days before release I'll be insanely hyped though.


Basically this.

At the moment i don't really care much, but when we get closer to the release i'll probably get all hyped up again.
We make signature, then defense it.
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
December 01 2011 23:03 GMT
#8
I'll still buy it, but not very excited. Blizzard really should have held off on the beta until the game was closer to release.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
December 01 2011 23:05 GMT
#9
I'm still going to buy it but my hype is at an all time low. With Skyrim, Dota 2 beta and Starcraft 2, I don't really have that itch for diablo 3 anymore. If skyrim wasn't released and I wasn't invited into dota 2, I may still be hyped. I think it's mostly due to the lack of beta access that killed my hype and the poor manner in which they handled the entire beta so far. INVITES GUYS GET READY! Sends 3 F&F invites out. =.=. FACEBOOK GIVEAWAY HOLY SHIT!! Invites 100 people a week, millions in giveaway...blergh.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Jayrod
Profile Joined August 2010
1820 Posts
December 01 2011 23:15 GMT
#10
I was losing interest until I got a chance to play my cousins beta copy and its going to be well-worth the wait, trust me.
Ada
Profile Joined October 2004
Germany150 Posts
December 01 2011 23:37 GMT
#11
Hpyed :D
Looking forward to enjoy the lore in single player and have some fun with friends messing around in co-op.
stork4ever
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1036 Posts
December 02 2011 00:26 GMT
#12
yes, very hyped, this is going to be epic
hinnolinn
Profile Joined August 2010
212 Posts
December 02 2011 00:49 GMT
#13
They killed any hype for me when they announced you'd always have to be online even if I just want to play by myself, so I'm going to pass.
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
December 02 2011 01:05 GMT
#14
The poll needs simpler options.
I'm not hyped for D3, but I can't answer with no because other major releases don't concern me either. In the end I know I will play it longer than just trying, but I'm not looking forward to it's release date in particular.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Sxcerino
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada58 Posts
December 02 2011 05:22 GMT
#15
Best.
Game.
Ever.
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
December 02 2011 05:44 GMT
#16
I haven't gotten to play the beta yet, but from the gameplay videos I've seen the game doesn't look all that interesting to me.

I'll probably get more excited about it as release approaches, and buy it anyway, just because I loved Diablo and D2.
I drop suckas like Plinko
SC2Tips
Profile Joined July 2011
United States115 Posts
December 02 2011 06:34 GMT
#17
Absolutely! Playing Skyrim on the side just wets my appetite for these fantasy themed games. Can't wait to play Diablo 3 with friends when it gets released.
“Defeat is not the worst of failures, not to have tried is the true failure.”
Reasonable
Profile Joined September 2010
Ukraine1432 Posts
December 02 2011 06:44 GMT
#18
What kind of a stupid rhetoric question is that? No, I've been waiting for the game for 10 years, now I feel like I lost my hype.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
December 02 2011 08:12 GMT
#19
No, i don't get hyped. I will buy it, but i was stoked before the first waves went out -- watched, read and discussed about anything and everything. Now i'm barely checking/reading any news or discussions.

Also, i really don't care if i get into beta or not anymore.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
December 02 2011 08:24 GMT
#20
I was hyped, back when beta was announced... and then beta did not start... and then the game was delayed. So it is at the point where I am excited for me, can't wait to play it (purchased the Collectors Edition). But I ran out of "hyped-ness".
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7069
Horang2 559
Hyuk 435
BeSt 387
Stork 166
sorry 98
Killer 94
Hyun 78
Shinee 71
Pusan 69
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 59
Bonyth 46
Snow 42
Bale 38
Hm[arnc] 33
JYJ 24
Sacsri 12
Noble 6
Mind 1
League of Legends
JimRising 481
Other Games
gofns35223
singsing1980
ArmadaUGS79
Mew2King75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick702
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream138
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 56
• Adnapsc2 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2322
League of Legends
• Lourlo1257
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12m
CranKy Ducklings1
INu's Battles
2h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 12m
Replay Cast
13h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.