• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:36
CEST 00:36
KST 07:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8535 users

Do you adblock TeamLiquid?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 55 56 57 Next
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-05 02:49:49
November 03 2011 17:36 GMT
#1
I was just browsing TeamLiquid and that little elephant cried its little eyes out, because I was ruining ESPORTS. I finally decided to disable adblock. The only downside - the elephant will be gone :o
So I was wondering how many of you are ruining ESPORTS as well.

Poll: Do you adblock Teamliquid?

No. (I love ESPORTS) (1910)
 
58%

Yes. (760)
 
23%

Yes, because I'm too lazy to turn my adblock off for this site. (398)
 
12%

Yes, because I don't know how to turn adblock off for this site. (205)
 
6%

3273 total votes

Your vote: Do you adblock Teamliquid?

(Vote): Yes.
(Vote): Yes, because I'm too lazy to turn my adblock off for this site.
(Vote): Yes, because I don't know how to turn adblock off for this site.
(Vote): No. (I love ESPORTS)



Depending on the results I'd like to take another poll

Poll: Would you consider turning it off now?

No. (I hate ESPORTS) (821)
 
73%

If I knew how to. (171)
 
15%

Yes, I'm gonna move my lazy ass. (139)
 
12%

1131 total votes

Your vote: Would you consider turning it off now?

(Vote): Yes, I'm gonna move my lazy ass.
(Vote): If I knew how to.
(Vote): No. (I hate ESPORTS)



Stop ruining ESPORTS, guys. You're making little esports elephants cry!

[image loading]

R1CH's tech support guide:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=282614

My own:
+ Show Spoiler [Not R1CH's] +
1. open up the Add-Ons Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+A
2. open up the options-menu of AdBlock Plus
3. click on 'Add filter...'
4. paste following line into the textfield:
5. @@||teamliquid.net^$document
6. Press ok/apply
7. $$ profit (for TL )
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-04 20:31:25
November 03 2011 17:37 GMT
#2
EDIT: let me expand my point, because many people do not seem to understand what I am trying to say.

TL is asking its visitors to do TL a favour - the favour being to disable adblock, which in turn will provide TL with more revenue via advertisement. This is comparable, in my opinion, to someone on the street to ask you to donate to a charity for the sake of combating AIDS in Africa. When you donate your money to the charity, you expect the charity to actually does what it tells you it does - improving lives in Africa. You also expect the charity operation to be transparent in its financial record so the money you donated goes to some poor kids in Africa instead of feeding of the greed of certain individuals.

It is not clear what TL is doing with the extra income it is receiving through its recent, aggressive advertisement campaigns. Since the launch of SC2, TL's volume of visitors has been greatly increasing - giving it greater potential to generate more income. On the surface, TL is claiming that TL's revenue is used to support esports; however how much of it actually goes into esports is to be debated - because frankly, none of us really know. For heaven's sake, all of the extra money could be going into Nagzul's pocket, and we don't know that. Given the volume of visitors for TL, this is potentially a lot of money we are talking about here.

Don't get me wrong, I am not heartless. If the banner said claims that TL cannot continue to sustain itself if adblockers continue to be used, then I will disable it immediately. This is not what the banner is saying. The banner claims that the money is going to be used for a greater purpose (i.e. esports), but there is no way for the community to validate this claim because we don't know TL's revenues nor how much it actually invests in esports.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Sarang
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia2363 Posts
November 03 2011 17:38 GMT
#3
I've got adblock disabled for this site, but I still see the crying elephant. =(

Makes me feel awful.
"Killer helped me feel better before coming to the arena. He told me to say that." - Bomber
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
November 03 2011 17:38 GMT
#4
No, because I'm not a terrorist.

it's unobtrusive and it makes money for the site. As the owner of 16,805 shares of TL, I like this.
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
November 03 2011 17:39 GMT
#5
I'm too lazy to use adblock, but I really dislike esPOrTs so I'm getting it now. (Also I heard they like it when you capitalize it properly).
No I'm never serious.
SirDuke
Profile Joined October 2010
United States239 Posts
November 03 2011 17:39 GMT
#6
c'mon guys, support ESPORTS
Wanna turn up the heat?
OptimusYale
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)1005 Posts
November 03 2011 17:39 GMT
#7
why would you ad block TL? Its not like the ads are intrusive or full screen or anything! Sometimes I even get the 'dont hurt esports' underneath an advert!
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-03 17:49:55
November 03 2011 17:39 GMT
#8
not voting anything cause i'm using my HOSTS file for ad/malware server blocks which simply makes it impossible to allow ads for specific sites embedding them or anything. It's just not possible to unblock ads only on TL with this method.

/edit: Add an option "Ads blocked (for whatever reason), but i use the TL shop!" ^^
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Pads
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
England3228 Posts
November 03 2011 17:39 GMT
#9
I get so annoyed watching ads every time i click on a stream then in between every game, i genuinely would rather watch the searching for game screen. :/
#1 Kwanro[saM] fan!
blamekilly
Profile Joined April 2011
466 Posts
November 03 2011 17:39 GMT
#10
It hurts TL a little but no, it doesn't hurt esports. I have mine on all the time for every site but you can just add TL to the adblock exceptions list.
andy186
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1058 Posts
November 03 2011 17:39 GMT
#11
I turned adblock off but I miss the sign they used to have and i like the new one even better.

They should put a horrible picture up there so that people actually want to get rid of it
Kanil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1713 Posts
November 03 2011 17:39 GMT
#12
I find TL loads a lot slower with AdBlock off, presumably it has to stop and load the ad which takes up time. That can get quite annoying. So yeah, AdBlock.
I used to have an Oz icon over here ---->
Carthac
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States393 Posts
November 03 2011 17:40 GMT
#13
On November 04 2011 02:37 Sufficiency wrote:
The "Don't hurt Esports" thing is so absurd that it's hard to not block it. TL is a community site for some esports, but it does not directly invest its assets to esports.


Your argument is completely valid : /

IT HAS AN ESPORTS TEAM AND IT RUNS A LEAGUE. HOW IS THAT NOT DIRECTLY INVESTING TO ESPORTS
Reedjr
Profile Joined April 2011
United States228 Posts
November 03 2011 17:40 GMT
#14
I can't disable the adblock for my work internet, but I definitely have it disabled for TL at home.
x1r0
Profile Joined April 2011
Austria156 Posts
November 03 2011 17:40 GMT
#15
i miss the option: i dont have an adblocker
düdelü!
achristes
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Norway653 Posts
November 03 2011 17:41 GMT
#16
I guess I hurt esports, but it's because our stupid ass school laptops (rather the stupid ass antivirus software) won't let us see ads on the internet.
youtube.com/spooderm4n | twitch.tv/spooderm4n | Random videos and games I feel like uploading
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
November 03 2011 17:41 GMT
#17
I used to, but then I turned it off. Only reason I do is because the ads are so unobtrusive that I don't even notice them much. Now if they were bigger, flashed, or were those stupid flash ads that sat in front of your screen that'd be different.
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
November 03 2011 17:41 GMT
#18
Where's the "only for streams" option?
good vibes only
LlOoKkIi
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Korea (South)473 Posts
November 03 2011 17:41 GMT
#19
yeah it really isnt a very big deal to have ads, just ignore them and help the site get more money.
And i this way i dont have to see the crying elephant!!
Korean Highschool Exchange Student. Apink's Eunji #1
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
November 03 2011 17:41 GMT
#20
99% of time I browse TL on my phone, no addblock there. Though also at home I don't block adds, I don't mind a banner ( if t would be popups I would block it though)
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
1 2 3 4 5 55 56 57 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta17
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
Nina 147
ViBE92
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15198
Artosis 482
PianO 19
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever410
NeuroSwarm76
canceldota72
League of Legends
Doublelift3717
Counter-Strike
Fnx 827
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
PPMD41
Other Games
summit1g6509
FrodaN1168
shahzam510
C9.Mang0360
RotterdaM92
Mew2King39
fpsfer 2
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile136
• RyuSc2 24
• StrangeGG 24
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 17
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie935
• Shiphtur485
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
24m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.