• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:51
CEST 07:51
KST 14:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7154 users

I'm going Pro [and I need your help, TL]

Blogs > SirJolt
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
SirJolt
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
the Dagon Knight4016 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-29 17:30:51
July 13 2011 15:47 GMT
#1
Hi all,

I’m not sure if you guys know who I am, but I’m kind of hoping that within the next few months you’ll come to recognise my name and associate it with some really high quality posting. For now though, I really need your help TL, the big question is: How do I break it to my parents that I’m planning on becoming a proposter?

I’ve been spending a lot of time on TL, getting a feel for the way other people post and making a real effort to up my WPM (it’s not just spam either, I like to think I’ve been building my effective WPM rather than just sitting here typing away and deleting things without posting them). I think I’ve finally got it all figured out now. I’ve been laddering pretty hard, and I’m starting to see some results on the Blog Ladder.

I know what you’re going to say when you read this:

SirJolt, there’s a lot of good reasons you’re not a pro already; you haven’t put in the time. You just can’t match the output of other long-term posters. You’re a Bronze Poster at best.


You’ve got me dead to rights on all counts, but what you don’t understand is that I’m already theorycrafting at a high Masters level. The problem is that I keep getting undercut by all this Bronze-level cheesecraft (mostly sarcasm rushes and I sometimes don’t scout an early one-star rating). If it weren’t for the jerks in my Bronze-League cheesing me with accusations of plagiarism, allegations that I’m lying about my solid adjective micro, my intense preposition control and my totally sick syntax build-orders, I’d be Masters already.

I’ve uploaded a first person VOD/hype video of me playing on the Blog Ladder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiycnioAFQk


I’m pretty sure I’ve got it all figured out now though; I’ve dropped out of college and quit my job so that I can finally dedicate all of my time to honing my skills. I feel like I’m on the verge of something huge, like I’m about to figure out a new way to write. We’re looking at a total upset here, a big shift in the metapost.

This is where I need your help though TL; my parents aren’t happy with the idea of my being a proposter. They’re convinced that I can’t make enough money off it to sustain myself. I tried to explain to them that I’d be streaming myself posting on TL for upwards of eight hours a day, and that I’d be able to get sponsorship or join a team fairly soon [seriously guys, if you’re looking to fill a spot on your team, just PM me], but they’re just so closed-minded about it all

So TL, this is your chance to make a difference in the life of one aspiring proposter: watch my stream*, PM me and add me to your buddies list. I’m always up for a bit of a 1v1 PM session to keep myself sharp for the ladder (big thanks to my man LemonWalrus for schooling me via PM when I needed the practice most). If anyone wants to see some shots of me in action, I’ve recorded a replay of me typing this blog as a .DOCX so you can see how my overall strategy works and maybe provide some feedback on my blog-order.

Thanks in advance,

SirJolt

*+ Show Spoiler +
And if you really like it, buy me some things from my Amazon wishlist, if you can find it, teehee.



****
Moderator@SirJolt
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 13 2011 15:52 GMT
#2
Watched the VOD you need to work on your macro.
Only 1 in like 10, 000 people become professional posters.
Do you think you have what it takes?

Good start quitting your job and dropping out of school.
Put in the hours and anything is possible.
Maybe you should go to Korea to learn how they train to post there.
I believe in you SirJolt Ive enjoyed your posts so far.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
masami.sc
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States445 Posts
July 13 2011 15:54 GMT
#3
My hero... good luck on your adventure.
mmmmm...
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
July 13 2011 15:55 GMT
#4
You should consider looking into lessons from proffesional posters.
Riku
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1064 Posts
July 13 2011 15:56 GMT
#5
So this makes me like one of those people who plays 10,000 games but still can't get into Silver?

I like it.

5/5, you have my support!
Creative Director, CEO at Stumbling Cat, Writer for Broken Joysticks - Twitter: @RikuKat
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
July 13 2011 15:56 GMT
#6
--- Nuked ---
chomsky
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada97 Posts
July 13 2011 15:57 GMT
#7
oh god i was so relieved at the end of the first paragraph...
what are those toaster icons on your desktop?
5/5
"Not to take this post too seriously, but..." -Chef
Stormich
Profile Joined August 2003
Croatia336 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 15:58:40
July 13 2011 15:58 GMT
#8
I think you need to get your head out of your ass and face facts. There have been people writing far longer than you. They have more experience, more speed and more dictionary knowledge. Unless you bust your ass practicing (sitting all day) you shall never even come close to the likes of Haji. Don't let this post get you down, you can still make it but it's a long shot. Just switch to the greeting card business, you'll still be writing and chasing your dreams on a smaller scale. Good luck!
hi
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
July 13 2011 15:58 GMT
#9
Great blog. To show my appreciation I have given you one star to help you on your quest to save the princess.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
FranzP
Profile Joined November 2010
France270 Posts
July 13 2011 16:00 GMT
#10
This is an awesome post and debute in your proposters carreer. We can see a lot of your potential. But remember to constantly make "e"s and "a"s during the entire blog posting.
"Cyberhacking is kind of like masturbation I guess, all countries do it but nobody actually talks about it. China just was accidentally doing it with the door wide open." Newbistic
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
July 13 2011 16:00 GMT
#11
It took me far too long to actually read what you're saying while I scratched my head and thought, I didn't think SirJolt was in bronze league...?

Oh wait.. reading. Yes, one of my better traits after being awake 36 hours.
Then it was hilarious
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
July 13 2011 16:05 GMT
#12
Why do I feel like I've read a number of very similar blogs though?

The video is great though.
Writer
Riku
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1064 Posts
July 13 2011 16:06 GMT
#13
[image loading]

I've just come to the realization that the majority of TL people hate me.

:/

For all of the callous I've built up against trolling and haters, I'm actually oddly hurt and depressed...
Creative Director, CEO at Stumbling Cat, Writer for Broken Joysticks - Twitter: @RikuKat
aphorism
Profile Joined February 2011
United States226 Posts
July 13 2011 16:09 GMT
#14
Even though you're focused entirely on working on your posting, you'll never get anywhere without the correct practice schedule. As soon as you can, try to get on a team, so you can practice in a focused environment with other proposters. Having a coach who can recognize small faults in your posting and who can give you information about your future opponents and matches is simply integral to your success. While you could go through their posts and replays on your own, having someone who can give you a general idea of their strategy is just a huge advantage that can't be overlooked.

Do you feel like you'll be ready to compete in time for MLP Anaheim?
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
July 13 2011 16:12 GMT
#15
As long as you keep posting straight up and keep learning from your mistakes you can do this, trolling might get you some easy fame, but once you get up there you'll hit a wall and it'll stop working altogether.
I think esports is pretty nice.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 13 2011 16:13 GMT
#16
I've got one thing to say to you, SirJolt. 3-0.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
July 13 2011 16:13 GMT
#17
I'm pretty sure Hot_Bid has talked about opening a proposter house, get in contact with him.

Also, I was extremely disappointed to see that you aren't streaming at the moment
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 13 2011 16:14 GMT
#18
This is just golden. Every time I see you're name I can't help but click the thread link. Bravo and encore!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
ProTech_MediC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States498 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 16:17:19
July 13 2011 16:16 GMT
#19
On July 14 2011 01:06 Riku wrote:
[image loading]

I've just come to the realization that the majority of TL people hate me.

:/

For all of the callous I've built up against trolling and haters, I'm actually oddly hurt and depressed...

What does that have to do with this blog?

5/5 OP, great post
MC Fighting!~
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 16:19:26
July 13 2011 16:19 GMT
#20
Just letting people know I offer tutoring services for posters hoping to get climb higher in the TL blog ladder. We can discuss rates, but be prepared to pay at least 2000 ESPORTS Dollars per hour.
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4546
Leta 1783
Shuttle 223
Shine 45
ZergMaN 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm238
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King37
Other Games
summit1g7628
WinterStarcraft592
Sick152
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick467
BasetradeTV208
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1416
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2168
League of Legends
• Lourlo1099
• Rush757
Other Games
• Shiphtur458
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 10m
Patches Events
9h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 10m
OSC
17h 10m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.