• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:13
CEST 22:13
KST 05:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7176 users

[M] (4) Zhakul Strife

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 08:58:01
March 09 2011 17:22 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Zhakul Strife

-published on EU

4 player map designed for 1v1

160x160 playable bounds.
14 bases total.
Tileset: Zhakul´Das (small tiles switched to Shakuras hextiles)

I wanted to create a map like Lost Temple and Metalopolis, but without the huge issues when spawning in close positions.

Overview (angled):+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Analyzer:+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading][image loading]

Additional pics:+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

My Map Thread
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
oneil
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada73 Posts
March 09 2011 17:47 GMT
#2
Very nice texture work, and the layout is fresh. Looks great!
You all look up to me, and I forever look down on the world. | Go to my profile to see my maps!
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
March 09 2011 19:34 GMT
#3
Thanks! I don´t suspect I´ll get a high score for originality though
I was going for a standard, solid and balanced gameplay. When I´m done with the 3 player map for next MotM, I will try and create a truly original 4 player map.
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
March 09 2011 22:43 GMT
#4
I really like the towers and the gold bases in the center. Every part of this map looks interesting early-late game. I think you succeeded with what you set out to do, and the map has nice visuals as well.

I have a map in progress (since... forever lol) that has very similar structure. The close spawns and the stuff in between is set up very much the same. What I did is put rocks on the outside connection to the tower, so on your map, it would be between the stone cliff and the edge of the ramp from the natural, one rock on either side of the tower housing. This way you can only reach the tower at first by going down the ramp from center, making it something you have to go out of your way to check. And the distance between the naturals increases anyway. So overall they feel much farther apart, and it adds some interesting options for the players.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
March 09 2011 23:06 GMT
#5
I really hope this becomes one of the finalists in this month's competition. I've always loved Zhakul'Das if it can be made to look nice, which I've never been able to do. It's design reminds me of Decline, but it looks original in its own way as well. The map is very positionally balanced and the match ups are similar depending on spawns, which is a good thing.

Great map, my favorite for this month!
Penke
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden346 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-09 23:50:53
March 09 2011 23:46 GMT
#6
Good job!

Standard maps are always appealing to me. My main concern is that there is basically only one attack path through the center that will generally be used since the two side ones are quite narrow and considerably longer ( this is of course unless the middle blue expos are taken, which will be less common when spawning in positions that requires attacks through the center). A single attack path is not necesarily a bad thing, but a lot of maps that have recieved good feedback have had a lot of attack paths, for example the GSL maps. I fear that terran siege pushes through the center might become super effective.

Edit: I guess one way of partially solving this issue would be to remove the open area behind the gold mineral line so that the expo is tucked against the wall and harrasable from the high ground. I think this would increase theusage of the side paths and make for more dynamic games, but I would need to test this a lot.

Anyways, this is just my humble opinion, I would like to hear your thought on this issue

Otherwise a great map overall.
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 00:26:57
March 10 2011 00:25 GMT
#7
On March 10 2011 08:46 Penke wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

Good job!

Standard maps are always appealing to me. My main concern is that there is basically only one attack path through the center that will generally be used since the two side ones are quite narrow and considerably longer ( this is of course unless the middle blue expos are taken, which will be less common when spawning in positions that requires attacks through the center). A single attack path is not necesarily a bad thing, but a lot of maps that have recieved good feedback have had a lot of attack paths, for example the GSL maps. I fear that terran siege pushes through the center might become super effective.

Edit: I guess one way of partially solving this issue would be to remove the open area behind the gold mineral line so that the expo is tucked against the wall and harrasable from the high ground. I think this would increase theusage of the side paths and make for more dynamic games, but I would need to test this a lot.

Anyways, this is just my humble opinion, I would like to hear your thought on this issue

Otherwise a great map overall.


Thanks!
The watchtowers on the central low grounds should add some variations to the pushes through the center and possibly enable ambushes/flank attacks.

You do have some good points though.
What about moving the gold ramps to make more direct side paths?:+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]I also narrowed the gap behind the mineral line as you suggested.

Unfortunately I haven´t had the time to test all the variations. Most of my testing was concerned with close spawn issues, and the test games I observed went quite well.

Edit: thanks ETP & Antares
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
41d3n
Profile Joined November 2010
United States44 Posts
March 10 2011 02:11 GMT
#8
I like the alternate gold ramps that you suggested above. I'm not entirely convinced that, with the gold ramps altered, the gap would need to be narrowed. (If I might offer my 2 cents ).

Except for agreeing about the need for more viable side paths, I love the map. Is/Where is it published currently? EU?
"I'm not supply blocked. It's a timing push." -Myself
NastyMarine
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1252 Posts
March 10 2011 05:18 GMT
#9
This map has a lot of sex appeal. Very cool layout!
Treatin' fools since '87
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 164
ProTech142
JuggernautJason71
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 200
Dewaltoss 94
Hyuk 75
Bale 19
Dota 2
Gorgc9953
League of Legends
Doublelift34
Counter-Strike
fl0m1550
Fnx 777
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King106
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4195
crisheroes1053
Khaldor1033
Liquid`Hasu595
Other Games
summit1g6526
FrodaN2313
shahzam361
KnowMe355
XBOCT285
C9.Mang0195
ArmadaUGS161
ZombieGrub29
CosmosSc2 25
Trikslyr22
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV265
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH348
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie875
• Shiphtur300
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 47m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 47m
Online Event
14h 47m
FEL
19h 47m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 47m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.