• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:59
CEST 23:59
KST 06:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6909 users

When I turned 18, I.....

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
On February 17 2011 10:02 Live2Win wrote:
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-17 01:10:29
February 16 2011 22:26 GMT
#1
Mod edit:

On February 17 2011 10:02 Live2Win wrote:
Okay guys, chill out.

This is my brother here who'm I am proud of for who he is and for his decisions in life (so far).

He posted this thread with the intentions knowing what you guys did when you turned 18, not to ask your opinions on his religious choices or other stuff.

I ask you guys as an old TL member who use to contribute enormously to this site,
stay respectful and do not derail the topic.





Pretty simple and straightforward. TL, what did you do when your turned 18?

I turned 18 today, and I got to say it's pretty awesome.
My mentality is constantly set at "wow, I'm legally an adult now."

Granted the real prize is when you turn 21, but atleast I can now do w/e I want without needing parental consent.

So, 2 things regarding this thread. What did you do when you turned 18? And were there things you wanted accomplished by the time you turned 18 TL?

My accopmlishments :
I was able to keep my virginity till now. (big thing for me, I'm a HUGE believer in abstinence)
I am still COMPLETELY clean. No criminal records, no critical events logged on to my permenant record.
I never once got held back or failed a class.
I have played the violin for 11 years now
I get to share my 18th birthday with TL
I got a job

My unaccomplishements (is that a word?)
I was not able to get accepted in to the University of Florida :/.........
I did not make 1st violin in the Youth Philharmonic at the orchestra organization I attend
I didn't make it in to High School All-State (another violin thing)
My SAT and ACT scores are atrocious..... (but I'm still working on those, trying to get it up so I can qualify for full scholarships)
Couldn't maintain a 4.0 average throughout high school :[

What I did:
I will be holding a dinner party at a Grand China Buffet with my closest friends (looking forward to that). Then, heading to bible study with my other friends. Then heading home for possibly ice cream cake (THE BEST SHIT EVER), and then get ready to say farewell to Feb 16, 2011.

TL, what did you do/want to do? What were your accomplishments/unaccomplishments?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
February 16 2011 22:28 GMT
#2
Went into a store to buy cigarettes hoping to be carded, I wasn't.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Souljah
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States423 Posts
February 16 2011 22:29 GMT
#3
stripclub. get going.
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
February 16 2011 22:30 GMT
#4
I smoked 18 blunts
jaedong imba
MMello
Profile Joined October 2010
279 Posts
February 16 2011 22:31 GMT
#5
I went to the LCBO trying to get carded but it never happened.
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ <- FXO Gaming house
Candide
Profile Joined November 2010
456 Posts
February 16 2011 22:31 GMT
#6
I had a pretty eventful 18th birthday(oct 28 of last year) i had to come back to california from school because of financial trouble and so i withdrew, turned officially 18 in philly(at school) but in LAX I bought cigarettes for the first time. They carded me
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
February 16 2011 22:31 GMT
#7
When I turned 18 (August 4) I was preparing to start my first semester at University of Florida.
pHelix Equilibria
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1134 Posts
February 16 2011 22:32 GMT
#8
I have a September birthday, bought 3 different packs of cigarettes for two other people. Became instantly the go to guy for cigs in the posse. lolz.
Proto_Protoss
Profile Joined September 2010
United States495 Posts
February 16 2011 22:32 GMT
#9
Went to Canada with some friends, the rest of the story is not for TL to know.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up everytime we do." - Confucius
Imhotep
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden267 Posts
February 16 2011 22:33 GMT
#10
Took a shower and played some WoW, pretty much.
"The world is a dynamic mess of jiggling things." - Richard Feynman
Poststrata
Profile Joined December 2010
United States110 Posts
February 16 2011 22:34 GMT
#11
I sat at home ate an ice cream birthday cake with the family and relaxed for the day.

I already went out pretty late since before I was 18 so nothing new until I was 21... oh the great fun I had.
I wonder how many people with great minds get 'trapped' in gaming, drinking, and sex and lose their intellectual potential... - SirKibbleX of TeamLiquid.net
compscidude
Profile Joined December 2010
176 Posts
February 16 2011 22:35 GMT
#12
lottery
Battousai13
Profile Joined September 2010
United States638 Posts
February 16 2011 22:35 GMT
#13
Celebrated my first birthday away from home. I went to school in Socal and turned 18 a couple months after I got into college.
kr3wTraveLeR
Profile Joined January 2011
14 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-16 22:35:56
February 16 2011 22:35 GMT
#14
I turn 18 tomorrow, still haven't decided what to do.

Edit: Technically "today" given the clock on TL.
Fear is the mind killer.
HaruHaru
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States988 Posts
February 16 2011 22:35 GMT
#15
bought a Lotto ticket
Long live BroodWar!
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
February 16 2011 22:35 GMT
#16
It's overrated
I think esports is pretty nice.
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
February 16 2011 22:37 GMT
#17
On February 17 2011 07:31 MMello wrote:
I went to the LCBO trying to get carded but it never happened.



I just turned 21 a few weeks ago; I have yet to be carded for alcohol related purchases. And that's with me going to places that are supposed to card if you "look" under 40. >_>
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
Kenderson
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada280 Posts
February 16 2011 22:38 GMT
#18
LOL @ "I was able to keep my virginity till now. (big thing for me, I'm a HUGE believer in abstinence)"
"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage." -Confucious
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
February 16 2011 22:38 GMT
#19
My friends insisted that I go out and have fun. It was fortunately a friday night so fun I did have....
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
Dude.
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States94 Posts
February 16 2011 22:38 GMT
#20
I moved out asap (disliked my parents), spent some college money on a motorcycle, got in way over my head, accumulated tons of debt, and then worked 80ish hours/wk the whole year I was 19 and 60ish hours while I was 20.

But, now I'm a pro at managing money and time, and I understand the general flow of a life without a degree. =D
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 108
JuggernautJason49
ViBE4
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
firebathero 80
Zeus 71
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever433
League of Legends
JimRising 400
Counter-Strike
minikerr3
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS125
PPMD36
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5410
Liquid`Hasu1656
Other Games
summit1g6761
byalli520
shahzam504
C9.Mang0117
UpATreeSC65
Trikslyr35
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream152
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 96
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 56
• Azhi_Dahaki35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 2m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 2m
Stellar Fest
15h 2m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.