• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7531 users

[H] TvP played on new TestMap1

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
SlapMySalami
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
February 07 2011 05:44 GMT
#1
THIS REPLAY DOES WORK ON NORMAL ACCOUNTS

Basic where did I go wrong thread

Background info: I'm a 2800 master ZERG. I was playing as Terran on the test realm and this is the first game I played. In fact I think this is the first macro game I've ever played as Terran.

In this game I feel I gained a pretty early advantage by stopping his 3rd while I took the gold. I also sniped his templar archives when he was upgrading something and I think I picked off 3 observers. Every time we fought I was at a max army so I do not think ti was a macro problem. I did see I had 105 SCVs at my peak but he did have 90 as well. I sacrificed something like 15 of them and remaxed my army for one last attack and then quit because I did not know what to build and I felt I learned as much from that game as I was going to learn

The questions I have are:
1. What composition is needed against zealot templar (small number of immortals)? Is marauder/medivac/ghost ok?

2. Was this a micro problem? I did not micro much. If I had micro'd, would the game have turned to my favor?

3. How many SCVs are necessary? How many orbital commands do I need so I can take advantage of mules?

Of course other input is appreciated

[image loading]

marineking will u huk my bigtt1 ilu
BigBossX
Profile Joined September 2008
United Kingdom357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 21:32:19
February 07 2011 21:31 GMT
#2
1. Rauders can work but you will have to micro like crazy, mixing in some rines and maybe thors or banshees would help too

2. If you don't micro rauders vs zealots, you insta lose

3. Around 70 scvs, but hey just make 1 mule and you'll win right? cus mules are so op right? right? Wrong! As I see it mules are the only thing that can keep a Terran in an economic game since P and Z can both produce workers more efficiently than a T and will almost always have more harvesters, but mules keep the income similar with slightly less harvesters, just make 2 orbs and the rest PFs.

Also why make a post asking for help in your first Terran macro orientated game, just play more friggin games and you will easily work it out for yourself
SlapMySalami
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
February 07 2011 23:11 GMT
#3
On February 08 2011 06:31 BigBossX wrote:
1. Rauders can work but you will have to micro like crazy, mixing in some rines and maybe thors or banshees would help too

2. If you don't micro rauders vs zealots, you insta lose

3. Around 70 scvs, but hey just make 1 mule and you'll win right? cus mules are so op right? right? Wrong! As I see it mules are the only thing that can keep a Terran in an economic game since P and Z can both produce workers more efficiently than a T and will almost always have more harvesters, but mules keep the income similar with slightly less harvesters, just make 2 orbs and the rest PFs.

Also why make a post asking for help in your first Terran macro orientated game, just play more friggin games and you will easily work it out for yourself


There is no way to know how many SCVs are needed unless I ask for help or play 1000 games and pick a number to stick to. Even as my main race I know to make about 80 drones only because Ret said to. Making up your own methods and numbers is not a good way to play unless you are REALLY good. I did not say MULEs are overpowered however they are powerful. I was thinking it may be viable to skip a planetary fortress or 2 to increase army size.
marineking will u huk my bigtt1 ilu
XXXSmOke
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States1333 Posts
February 08 2011 00:42 GMT
#4
What unit compostion did you use late game??

These new maps are not bio friendly at all as the toss can get late game alot easier and punish you for a heavy commitment in bio with their lateg ame units.
Emperor? Boxer disapproves. He's building bunkers at your mom's house even as you're reading this.
SlapMySalami
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
February 08 2011 03:53 GMT
#5
On February 08 2011 09:42 XXXSmOke wrote:
What unit compostion did you use late game??

These new maps are not bio friendly at all as the toss can get late game alot easier and punish you for a heavy commitment in bio with their lateg ame units.


It turned from 1 reactor barracks with 3 tech lab barracks to about 11 tech lab barracks and I just went to pure marauder eventually. I got a couple ghosts and medivacs to support the marauders too. To be fair this new map is just lost temple with a more accessible "island" and a bigger middle that would probably favor the bio over the protoss splash units
marineking will u huk my bigtt1 ilu
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 230
TKL 195
CranKy Ducklings88
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Reynor vs herOLIVE!
RotterdaM1151
IndyStarCraft 199
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1151
Lowko452
IndyStarCraft 199
TKL 195
Rex 100
ProTech49
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 61586
Free 2711
Jaedong 2223
BeSt 719
Horang2 323
firebathero 211
Zeus 185
Hyun 111
Last 109
Pusan 73
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 59
soO 26
Aegong 22
Yoon 19
scan(afreeca) 19
Noble 14
910 13
Trap 13
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Rock 4
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6230
Dendi888
XaKoH 391
canceldota63
Other Games
gofns38392
singsing2440
B2W.Neo553
byalli396
Pyrionflax297
ToD203
DeMusliM123
Beastyqt68
QueenE62
Liquid`VortiX57
Mlord0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV223
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
• Gemini_19 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1836
• WagamamaTV501
League of Legends
• Jankos3347
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 52m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.