• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:14
CEST 17:14
KST 00:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War185.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9968 users

A genie grants you one wish but...

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 39 40 41 Next All
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 13:16:08
February 05 2011 12:55 GMT
#1
Imagine you found a magic lamp who's contents include an all powerful genie. This genie is charged with granting one wish to any individual who finds it and then promptly causing itself and it's lamp to disappear for one thousand years. The genie in this lamp used to be a regular human and as such still contains many fallacies of humanity including making mistakes, anger at being held captive for eternity, and a very dark sense of humor.

You may have one wish.

but the genie is vengeful.

He will try to ruin your wish. He is forced to grant your wish perfectly as stated and without question, but he may subtly alter the world around you in a most evil way to make your wish come true. For example, if you ask for infinite wishes not only would that spell infinite torture but the genie could almost certainly kill off everything you hold dear as you start using them.

State your wish! Try to undermine other people's wishes!


My wish:

I wish I could fly.

On February 05 2011 22:14 sc4k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 21:55 ghen wrote:
My wish:

I wish I could fly.


if I were your vengeful genie, I'd turn you into a wasp.

Liquoid
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom275 Posts
February 05 2011 12:56 GMT
#2
I wish I could wish for more wishes.
Mawi
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden4365 Posts
February 05 2011 12:58 GMT
#3
I wish I had the lust too play more Starcraft 2
Forever Mirin Zyzz Son of Zeus Brother of Hercules Father of the Aesthetics
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
February 05 2011 12:58 GMT
#4
I wish to replace the genie and become him. That way I could afterward transform myself back to how it was but at the same time have unlimited power. Also, I wont have to bother about the genie anymore, because I am him.
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
Pehbeh
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany57 Posts
February 05 2011 12:59 GMT
#5
On February 05 2011 21:55 ghen wrote:
I wish I could fly.


As genie I would just let you fly for a short time since you never said how long you want to fly.

I wish I would be loved by those I love.

to gay?

I wish I could do whatever I want whenever I want it to do.
stroggos
Profile Joined February 2009
New Zealand1543 Posts
February 05 2011 13:00 GMT
#6
i wish for genie to grant his wishes without vengeance. Then i can give the lamp to someone i trust and they can make a wish without having to worry about the wish being turned against them
hi
braammbolius
Profile Joined May 2005
179 Posts
February 05 2011 13:02 GMT
#7
I wish the genie was a nice, happy and friendly genie that grants me every wish.

We would have a blast.

Also OP, your wish sounds horrible considering it's a vengefull genie you're dealing with . So many ways that that could turn out very very bad
braammbolius
Profile Joined May 2005
179 Posts
February 05 2011 13:02 GMT
#8
On February 05 2011 22:00 stroggos wrote:
i wish for genie to grant his wishes without vengeance. Then i can give the lamp to someone i trust and they can make a wish without having to worry about the wish being turned against them


ye......in a thousand years....
Cpt.beefy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Ireland799 Posts
February 05 2011 13:03 GMT
#9
On February 05 2011 21:58 LittLeD wrote:
I wish to replace the genie and become him. That way I could afterward transform myself back to how it was but at the same time have unlimited power. Also, I wont have to bother about the genie anymore, because I am him.


Haven't you watched aladdin?

+ Show Spoiler +
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER, Itty bitty living space!


+ Show Spoiler +
true story yo!

+ Show Spoiler +

*hic*

Our Beloved Geoff "inControl" Robinson.
braammbolius
Profile Joined May 2005
179 Posts
February 05 2011 13:03 GMT
#10
On February 05 2011 21:58 LittLeD wrote:
I wish to replace the genie and become him. That way I could afterward transform myself back to how it was but at the same time have unlimited power. Also, I wont have to bother about the genie anymore, because I am him.


This is just hopeless lolol
Cpt.beefy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Ireland799 Posts
February 05 2011 13:05 GMT
#11
On February 05 2011 22:03 Cpt.beefy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 21:58 LittLeD wrote:
I wish to replace the genie and become him. That way I could afterward transform myself back to how it was but at the same time have unlimited power. Also, I wont have to bother about the genie anymore, because I am him.


Haven't you watched aladdin?

+ Show Spoiler +
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER, Itty bitty living space!


+ Show Spoiler +
true story yo!

+ Show Spoiler +

*hic*




btw

I wish people would realise how unimportant religion is too survival and start acting like a real society. One for all, all for one.
Our Beloved Geoff "inControl" Robinson.
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 13:12:49
February 05 2011 13:06 GMT
#12
On February 05 2011 21:58 Mawi wrote:
I wish I had the lust too play more Starcraft 2


Wish granted! But you shall ONLY lust to play Starcraft 2. Your lust will ever increase slowly over time. At first you will not notice it, but soon you will play Starcraft 2 instead of sleeping. Soon after you will play Starcraft 2 instead of eating. Mwahahahaha


On February 05 2011 22:02 braammbolius wrote:
Also OP, your wish sounds horrible considering it's a vengefull genie you're dealing with . So many ways that that could turn out very very bad


That's the point, make my wish bad

On February 05 2011 22:05 Cpt.beefy wrote:
I wish people would realize how unimportant religion is too survival and start acting like a real society. One for all, all for one.


Wish granted! but without religion 95% of the world instantly turns evil. They've never known anything else but their God's word, and by taking it away from them you have DOOMED humanity to certain destruction as every former religious person in the world releases their lifetime of pent up evils on each other.
Frigo
Profile Joined August 2009
Hungary1023 Posts
February 05 2011 13:09 GMT
#13
I'd wish for several more benevolent genies.
http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure_Chest
stroggos
Profile Joined February 2009
New Zealand1543 Posts
February 05 2011 13:09 GMT
#14
On February 05 2011 22:02 braammbolius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 22:00 stroggos wrote:
i wish for genie to grant his wishes without vengeance. Then i can give the lamp to someone i trust and they can make a wish without having to worry about the wish being turned against them


ye......in a thousand years....


ah, forgot about that. In that case i wish that the genie does not disappear for 1000 years after granting my wish. Once i've made this wish i can give it to someone else, then they can wish for it to be non veangeful
hi
Marradron
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands1586 Posts
February 05 2011 13:10 GMT
#15
I would wish the genie to be free, but without power. With nobody taking it's place.
Cpt.beefy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Ireland799 Posts
February 05 2011 13:12 GMT
#16
On February 05 2011 22:10 Marradron wrote:
I would wish the genie to be free, but without power. With nobody taking it's place.


thats very noble but naive.
Our Beloved Geoff "inControl" Robinson.
GiantEnemyCrab
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada503 Posts
February 05 2011 13:12 GMT
#17
i wish i was invisible
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ghen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1356 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 13:15:12
February 05 2011 13:13 GMT
#18
On February 05 2011 22:09 stroggos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 22:02 braammbolius wrote:
On February 05 2011 22:00 stroggos wrote:
i wish for genie to grant his wishes without vengeance. Then i can give the lamp to someone i trust and they can make a wish without having to worry about the wish being turned against them


ye......in a thousand years....


ah, forgot about that. In that case i wish that the genie does not disappear for 1000 years after granting my wish. Once i've made this wish i can give it to someone else, then they can wish for it to be non veangeful


Wish granted! Unfortunately this also turns the genie back into a human. He promptly kills you.

Stop trying to circumvent the system.

On February 05 2011 22:10 Marradron wrote:
I would wish the genie to be free, but without power. With nobody taking it's place.


Wish Granted! The genie is free and without power. He promptly stabs you and leaves you bleeding.

He's kinda insane still after a millennium of being cooped up one thousand years at a time.
Marradron
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands1586 Posts
February 05 2011 13:14 GMT
#19
On February 05 2011 22:12 Cpt.beefy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 22:10 Marradron wrote:
I would wish the genie to be free, but without power. With nobody taking it's place.


thats very noble but naive.


If he's gonna fuck it up either way I might as well let him go. He was a human being being trapped for thousands of years. Gotta feal a bit sorry for him. You might gain a friend with wisdom of thousands of years or instead get some crappy wish that screws you over. I can understand the genie, I would be pissed if I was trapped in a lamp for thousands of years.
T0fuuu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Australia2275 Posts
February 05 2011 13:14 GMT
#20
I wish genies didnt exist.

What would he do to ruin that ?
1 2 3 4 5 39 40 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34684
Calm 6299
Bisu 2678
Jaedong 1042
Horang2 674
BeSt 463
Rush 438
Soma 372
Larva 341
Stork 285
[ Show more ]
Light 282
Zeus 204
ZerO 201
Snow 188
Barracks 125
Mind 113
910 108
Free 105
Killer 72
Mong 41
Shinee 40
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 37
Trap 34
Terrorterran 30
Bale 24
Aegong 23
Pusan 23
Rock 21
sorry 21
Hm[arnc] 20
Sexy 13
Sacsri 10
Liquid`Ret 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8706
XaKoH 356
Counter-Strike
fl0m3656
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes509
Other Games
singsing2544
B2W.Neo1026
hiko756
Lowko356
Mlord330
DeMusliM189
Hui .186
Livibee180
mouzStarbuck174
RotterdaM99
ToD82
Trikslyr73
QueenE61
Mew2King47
KnowMe46
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile1171
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3488
• Jankos2206
• TFBlade710
Other Games
• Shiphtur483
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 46m
Big Brain Bouts
18h 46m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
Patches Events
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.