• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6642 users

Big announcement SC2 eSports announcement?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
TheHunksta
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States122 Posts
January 31 2011 02:08 GMT
#1
I know the title is vague but I feel like something really really big is about to happen. As some of you who might follow State of the Game or Live On Three know, Geoff "iNcontroL" Robinson was recently asked about plans on Korea, where he hinted that those plans have died down a bit because there could be potential for an even bigger announcement coming up, that might involve moving to Southern California.

Along with that, news has shown up recently that Gretorp, the Gosucoaching commentator and FnaticMSI player, is also moving across the country from New Jersey to, you guessed it, Southern California.

Moreover, Gosucoaching and EG player Machine has also stated that he has had to make the drive from the EG house in Arizona, up to California once again.

A few statements made by said players:

+ Show Spoiler [On iNcontroL's twitter page] +

88iNcontroL Geoff Robinson
back home back to work.. cali next weekend and onward! Why would I move to cali you ask? hmmm I dunno.. wait and see


+ Show Spoiler [When iNcontroL called in on Weapon of…] +

http://blip.tv/file/4676339
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12059618 (This link has seeking enabled begins around 1:16)


+ Show Spoiler [ Statement made by Machine] +

"Off to California once again, starting to really really hate this drive xD"
"Going to meet up with some friends while i'm in CA and going to meet up with Russell so we can talk about Gosucoaching."


Something definitely seems to be going on related to gosucoaching or these players or some large sponsor. Keep in mind that G4TV recently was all over coverage of the EG Masters Cup, and has been involving themselves in several different esports related to SC2 as well as the fighting game community, etc. Going to Los Angeles is no joke, this is the home to hollywood and production content coming out. I don't think it'd be a stretch to say that this could be one of the reasons for LA being a mentioned location.

In the Weapon of Choice show that iNcontroL called in, he said "Part of the reason I can't give a straight answer on that is that theres this other thing I'm doing thats actually so freaking big it could eclipse that, I'm moving to California in February, we're in talks with people who are with Daniel Negreanu [Professional Poker player]. We have big freaking stuff coming out."

This is all after talking about sponsors throwing 25,000 dollars at events and stuff.

Something big is about to happen in Starcraft 2 guys, I'm sure iNcontroL won't be able to comment on any more specifics than this, but this is just the information that I've gathered and thrown together in the past 25 minutes. I recognize the fact that all this stuff I'm throwing together will not all be related to the announcement that is sure to come, theres no way that anybody can get lucky enough to link this much stuff but even if 2-3 of these facts link together with some gigantic event or production coming up, we all HAVE to be excited.

Anybody else have any thoughts on what could be going on? I'm hoping that this thread could be up for discussing this up until an official announcement is actually made. So this is a rumor thread of sorts I suppose.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 31 2011 02:13 GMT
#2
This is interesting!

GSL A LA NORTH AMERICA?
What's bigger or equal to going to South Korea?

This is an interesting web you have going there! It'd be a really good PR move on G4's side if they started doing something a la GomTV
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
January 31 2011 02:14 GMT
#3
Is this FINALLY the big EG announcement? I'm trembling in anticipation.
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Secret05
Profile Joined August 2010
United States342 Posts
January 31 2011 02:15 GMT
#4
o dear
Michigan Zerg Player
Turgid
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1623 Posts
January 31 2011 02:16 GMT
#5
I wonder how much interaction this will have with whatever it is Day[9] is doing, since he is also in Socal.
(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
January 31 2011 02:19 GMT
#6
Well, now I have something to look forward to along with the next season of GSL
connoisseur
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
January 31 2011 02:19 GMT
#7
I'm just going to leave this here...
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=187687

Anyways, I'm quite excited to see what the big announcement is. Considering the amount of build up that's been going on, hopefully it won't disappoint. Heck, they even said that the new Korean EG Team House wasn't the "big" announcement. Perhaps all will be revealed in due time.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 02:20:58
January 31 2011 02:19 GMT
#8
Maybe everyone decided all at once that they want some easy to get weed?

I'd guess nothing is happening. o.o But I hope I'm wrong lol.

Edit: Checked link above me. Hyping for months? Might be interesting, but not relevant for the near future.
elmizzt
Profile Joined February 2010
United States3309 Posts
January 31 2011 02:20 GMT
#9
Hype! Hype! Hype!!!!!!
d=(^_^)z
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
January 31 2011 02:20 GMT
#10
I could never be a pro gamer because I would not be able to keep my mouth shut about big news. Heheh. Whatever it is, I am sure no one will be disappointed.
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
TheHunksta
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States122 Posts
January 31 2011 02:21 GMT
#11
On January 31 2011 11:19 eviltomahawk wrote:
I'm just going to leave this here...
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=187687

Anyways, I'm quite excited to see what the big announcement is. Considering the amount of build up that's been going on, hopefully it won't disappoint. Heck, they even said that the new Korean EG Team House wasn't the "big" announcement. Perhaps all will be revealed in due time.


But this doesn't seem to be related to EG so that infested archon "onion-esque" article doesn't even apply. This is much more seemingly related to gosucoaching than anything, as Gretorp has also moved to Socal for an undisclosed reason.
Torpedo.Vegas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1890 Posts
January 31 2011 02:21 GMT
#12
Daniel Negreanu is being signed to EG as their new Terran. -Nostradamus
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
January 31 2011 02:23 GMT
#13
It's not only EG news though, other people are involved. Makes me think its got to be something gosucoaching related.
Atlare
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia893 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 02:25:25
January 31 2011 02:24 GMT
#14
I also heard that Geoff and Gretorp are moving but Machine is NOT moving to california and I know as I asked Colbi about it earlier. There is no huge project coming from there its just people moving sorry :/

It was mentioned that it had something to do with Gosucoaching and gretorps other stuff.
Considering learning BW
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
January 31 2011 02:25 GMT
#15
On January 31 2011 11:16 Turgid wrote:
I wonder how much interaction this will have with whatever it is Day[9] is doing, since he is also in Socal.

Well he's been there for awhile, but because of college, so Day9 may not have anything to do with this. Perhaps some centralized league thing, like MLG's rolling out a Starcraft League in a big way? Might explain why JP delayed SoTG for so long and then just said "fuck it, I'm tired of waiting"? idk, but if there is something coming up I'll be hella excited.
ptbl
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6074 Posts
January 31 2011 02:26 GMT
#16
I notice all the rumors have been coming from EG, fnatic, and gosucoaching. I haven't heard a peep from Team Liquid or other teams. I guessing it isn't going to be something huge as a "GSL in North America" or else other teams would be involved. Though, I do confess that I have bought the hype .
Don't mind me
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
January 31 2011 02:26 GMT
#17
I know what it is...
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
January 31 2011 02:26 GMT
#18
I honestly can't imagine anything bigger than EG players making a house in Korea. Made me so sad that these plans are apparently on hold for now. :/

InControl likes to hype his stuff (bless him), I don't know if I have it in me to really believe.


Another major tournament added to the scene next to GSL/TSL/MLG/DH/IEM/Blizzcon?


On January 31 2011 11:08 TheHunksta wrote:In the Weapon of Choice show that iNcontroL called in, he said "Part of the reason I can't give a straight answer on that is that theres this other thing I'm doing thats actually so freaking big it could eclipse that, I'm moving to California in February, we're in talks with people who are with Daniel Negreanu [Professional Poker player]. We have big freaking stuff coming out."

Daniel Negreanu switching from poker to SCII, believe.
CrazyCow
Profile Joined August 2010
United States308 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 02:27:38
January 31 2011 02:27 GMT
#19
On January 31 2011 11:21 Torpedo.Vegas wrote:
Daniel Negreanu is being signed to EG as their new Terran. -Nostradamus


I've heard he can 2 rax allin while making it look like he's 1rax FE'ing.
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
January 31 2011 02:27 GMT
#20
I think the nerd chills are starting up for me once again!
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings189
CranKy Ducklings SOOP51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5096
Jaedong 3249
Leta 2105
EffOrt 832
Soulkey 731
Horang2 451
Soma 438
BeSt 347
Mini 338
Rush 279
[ Show more ]
Stork 240
Light 206
Killer 176
Zeus 139
Pusan 135
Snow 129
Barracks 126
Larva 120
ggaemo 114
firebathero 107
Sea.KH 62
hero 55
JYJ 53
Mong 53
ToSsGirL 41
Sharp 34
Bale 34
sorry 23
Shinee 23
Aegong 20
Sexy 14
zelot 14
Shine 9
Sacsri 9
Icarus 8
JulyZerg 8
Rock 4
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
Gorgc7250
Dendi666
XaKoH 554
qojqva352
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_90
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3892
Other Games
gofns47011
singsing1641
olofmeister1389
B2W.Neo759
byalli580
Lowko332
Livibee199
DeMusliM152
mouzStarbuck99
OGKoka 95
ArmadaUGS69
Liquid`VortiX51
Chillindude3
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV529
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream231
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• HerbMon 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV328
League of Legends
• Jankos1888
• Nemesis711
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 52m
Kung Fu Cup
21h 52m
The PondCast
1d 20h
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.