• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:12
CEST 00:12
KST 07:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War345.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8601 users

Hot Shot achivement now enabled

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
ShootingStars
Profile Joined August 2010
1475 Posts
September 22 2010 20:24 GMT
#1
I just got this after playing a random 4v4 match... I had a 5/0 record during my placement games in 3v3, so I guess that's why I got it

You need to achieve a 5/0 record in any placement round, 1v1,2v2,3v3,4v4
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
September 22 2010 21:14 GMT
#2
so does this mean if some1 doesnt manage to go 5-0 in one of the 4 tries he has, he will never again be able to finish this achievement?
"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-22 21:19:22
September 22 2010 21:19 GMT
#3
You have placement matches for each unique arranged team that you play with, so as long as you have more friends to play with, you will have more opportunities to go 5-0 in placement.
Jsanko
Profile Joined March 2010
Slovakia120 Posts
September 22 2010 21:24 GMT
#4
Can you post link to your profile please ?
Mineralzzzzz...
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
September 22 2010 21:54 GMT
#5
On September 23 2010 06:14 Black Gun wrote:
so does this mean if some1 doesnt manage to go 5-0 in one of the 4 tries he has, he will never again be able to finish this achievement?



Not confirmed but I assume making a new team with a friend and winning all those placement matches would work.

Anyway there still appears to be a problem its not appearing for some people who should be getting it and randomly being awarded to some people who didnt win all there placement matchs.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
September 22 2010 22:02 GMT
#6
I still dont have mine and I have gone 5-0 several times in a variety of game types.
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
September 22 2010 22:13 GMT
#7
To bad this is implemented now, as many others I have done this multiple times and I have no new allies on the horizon
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
September 22 2010 22:58 GMT
#8
On September 23 2010 07:13 Patriot.dlk wrote:
To bad this is implemented now, as many others I have done this multiple times and I have no new allies on the horizon

It may be retroactive. I had gotten it in the past and got it the first game I played after 1.1.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Kibibit
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1551 Posts
September 22 2010 23:00 GMT
#9
Also, even if it didn't do it retroactively, there will be more seasons in the future to do placement matches on.
R.I.P. 우정호 || Do probes dream of psionic sheep?
Imbu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States903 Posts
September 22 2010 23:03 GMT
#10
I managed to get a 5-0 placement in 1v1 but I still don't have it? It's frustrating that it seems that I have to find some random friend to do placement matches with.
@DreamingBird
Skyze
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada2324 Posts
September 22 2010 23:43 GMT
#11
On September 23 2010 08:03 orz.fail wrote:
I managed to get a 5-0 placement in 1v1 but I still don't have it? It's frustrating that it seems that I have to find some random friend to do placement matches with.


did you do this TODAY? I think what he means is, the achievement was just turned on with the patch yesterday, so you need to go 5-0 in placements now, not 2 months ago.
Canada Gaming ~~ The-Feared
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-23 00:12:01
September 22 2010 23:59 GMT
#12
On September 23 2010 08:43 Skyze wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2010 08:03 orz.fail wrote:
I managed to get a 5-0 placement in 1v1 but I still don't have it? It's frustrating that it seems that I have to find some random friend to do placement matches with.


did you do this TODAY? I think what he means is, the achievement was just turned on with the patch yesterday, so you need to go 5-0 in placements now, not 2 months ago.



Some people still arnt getting it. What i mean is that just because you already did all your placement matchs doesn mean you cant still get it since i had already done mine.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Sanguinarius
Profile Joined January 2010
United States3427 Posts
September 23 2010 00:09 GMT
#13
Well, I have played 1v1 and 2v2 where we went 5-0 and didnt get it. I will try to find a new group to go 5-0 with to see if it happens.
Your strength is just an accident arising from the weakness of others -Heart of Darkness
dekuschrub
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2069 Posts
September 23 2010 00:35 GMT
#14
who wants to do 2v2 placement matches and get it with me!

dekuschrub. 250

gogogogo
birdkicker
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States752 Posts
September 23 2010 01:33 GMT
#15
Argh... i had won 5 1v1's at release date of sc2, but it's stupid how you can only earn it after patch 1.1
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-23 05:09:33
September 23 2010 03:51 GMT
#16
Ouch, if anyone wants to try playing 5 2v2s with me Im up for it. Havent played many 2v2s though.

Susimaka.445 if you wanna game.

Edit: Dekus if you wanna play with me I added you but you're not online.

Edit2: Ouch, shoulda looked at the time haha.

Edit3: Dekus, funnest SC2 games I've played in my life with you. Victory never tasted so sweet!
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Vikkekh
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden47 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-23 06:37:52
September 23 2010 06:37 GMT
#17
Edit: nvm read through the thread a little better than just skimming through it
You're crazier than me, have a key!
ilovesin
Profile Joined June 2007
Germany92 Posts
September 24 2010 02:15 GMT
#18
I played 3v3 with a friend today and got it. I didnt even play placement matches only him.

If you doubt me, click me!
It followed me home, can I keep it?
CynanMachae
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Canada1459 Posts
September 24 2010 03:38 GMT
#19
Yea, it's available since 1.1, me and two friends played placements matches for 3v3, went 5-0, and we all go it.
Jang Yoon Chul hwaiting!
bobbingmatt
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia224 Posts
September 24 2010 05:26 GMT
#20
I went 4-1 on 1v1 placement because i DCed D:
no
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech160
NeuroSwarm 145
Nina 124
ViBE69
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13341
910 68
NaDa 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever302
canceldota136
League of Legends
Doublelift3851
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4710
Other Games
summit1g4389
fl0m1103
FrodaN888
C9.Mang0344
Liquid`Hasu290
ToD240
UpATreeSC63
JimRising 34
PPMD23
JuggernautJason0
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• musti20045 32
• poizon28 24
• RyuSc2 23
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21424
• WagamamaTV584
League of Legends
• Scarra721
Other Games
• imaqtpie1072
• Shiphtur635
• tFFMrPink 13
Upcoming Events
OSC
48m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 48m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 48m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 48m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.