• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:19
CEST 22:19
KST 05:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10818 users

Holy shit please read [ Edit ]

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-06-20 14:25:17
June 20 2004 14:09 GMT
#1
Okay I know there are conspiracy theories and what not but OMFG I'm starting to believe.

I'm watching Kingdom Vs Silent_Control game 3 live right now on Mercury because I'm in Korea and I'm watching on TV. I swear to god that game was so fucking rigged.

When you get to watch it, holy shit people, you will seriously shit yourself.

Here's a list of things to look for.

1. When Kingdom harasses with 4 goons at Controls block consisting of one depot and barrack, control lifts barrack and kingdom puts goons under like a smart play. But then control builds a turret just OUTSIDE his block and Kingdom moves ALL four goons just to kill that one scv making the turret. WTF? He could've won the game. Control only had one tank in his base. Kingdom had 5 more goons coming to reinforce from his main.

2. When Kingdom's mineral only multi is being destroyed near the very end of the game, the probes were in process of mining so therefore they should go through all units, but instead they stayed right next to vultures and when a mine hit a dt it exploded like 10+ probes.

3. If you notice the game seems rigged because the dt comeback from Kingdom makes the crowd go ' Whoa '

4. In the beginning half of the game, silent control goes for 2vult 1 tank drop and he knows he is seen because a goon hits his drop once, but he goes in anyway. Wtf? He didn't even target probes with vults.

Sorry about the first post, I was just so outraged, I usually don't do that.

Discuss.

Edit: Sorry this is game 2. I was watching a re-showing of game 2. Either way, the game was still seemingly rigged.
Orlandu
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
China2450 Posts
June 20 2004 14:12 GMT
#2
The third game is being played already? I thought the newspost said they were being played on Friday?
We cant give up just because things arent the way we want them to be.
Skill0789
Profile Joined June 2004
United States4 Posts
June 20 2004 14:19 GMT
#3
can you post a link to the vod here?
Michigan gamers PM ^^ (AKA Miacro)
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
June 20 2004 14:24 GMT
#4
On June 20 2004 23:12 Orlandu wrote:
The third game is being played already? I thought the newspost said they were being played on Friday?


Hmmm, maybe I was misinformed, guess it was game 2. Anyway you should still watch it.
mensrea
Profile Joined September 2002
Canada5062 Posts
June 20 2004 14:27 GMT
#5
I guess it's the game that was reported on by Arbiter.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=14852

I haven't seen it yet, so I'll reserve my comments until I do.
actus non facit reum, nisi mens sit rea.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-06-20 14:29:24
June 20 2004 14:29 GMT
#6
Yes that is the one.

Btw if you don't mind me asking, are you female Mensrea?
HnR)hT
Profile Joined October 2002
United States3468 Posts
June 20 2004 14:31 GMT
#7
I watched the vod, and I don't think the game favored Kingdom by as much as people make it out. He just made several little mistakes made more unforgiving by the fact that he went *scouts* (of all things) instead of observers.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2004-06-20 14:36:26
June 20 2004 14:35 GMT
#8
On June 20 2004 23:31 HnR)hT wrote:
I watched the vod, and I don't think the game favored Kingdom by as much as people make it out. He just made several little mistakes made more unforgiving by the fact that he went *scouts* (of all things) instead of observers.


Yes I agree with you, but what I am proposing is that those mistakes he made were on purpose. I strongly debate that they weren't little mistakes however, especially when he had those 4 goons under the lifted barracks. I think scouts were forgiveable because they did ALOT of harass. [ Even the announcers said so ] One of the scouts had 6 kills. I didn't get to see how many the other one got.
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
June 20 2004 15:12 GMT
#9
On June 20 2004 23:29 Abyss_Bahamut wrote:
Yes that is the one.

Btw if you don't mind me asking, are you female Mensrea?


Why don't you PM him and ask him where he's from, what his AKA on BW is.

You know, all that little stuff. If you get the answers, post them on cnn.com please.
:O
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
June 20 2004 15:30 GMT
#10
Wtf choboPEon? Why don't you get that stick outta your ass?
ToKoreaWithLove
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Norway10161 Posts
June 20 2004 17:11 GMT
#11
On June 21 2004 00:30 Abyss_Bahamut wrote:
Wtf choboPEon? Why don't you get that stick outta your ass?


dude do a search on mensrea's identity threads and you'll discover that everything has been beaten to death and still no information has come out of it.

ModeratorFather of bunnies
ToKoreaWithLove
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Norway10161 Posts
June 20 2004 17:12 GMT
#12
oh and btw there is no rigging in that game because there is no reason to rig it..control and kingdom is on opposing teams.

are anyone else impressed with control, btw?
ModeratorFather of bunnies
TLKiD
Profile Joined May 2004
China1136 Posts
June 20 2004 17:19 GMT
#13
shit can happen...
My life is so hard :(
Hicksville2
Profile Joined June 2004
Denmark8 Posts
June 20 2004 17:47 GMT
#14
as it turned out gong Scouts wasn't all that bad. Look at how much he delayed Control's expansion. However, Kingdom went zealots/dts too late and made a couple of bad moves with his goon army (ie losing most of it without doing much damage) and so he was left with little army when Control moved out.
Too bad
AK-Nemesis
Profile Joined December 2002
2005 Posts
June 20 2004 18:00 GMT
#15
i dont think it's rigged
leg would've told us
Nemesis has left the building~
Aqeloutro
Profile Joined October 2002
Spain614 Posts
June 20 2004 18:08 GMT
#16
I started to think some TV games were rigged when I saw that famous game between Boxer and Garimto on NFZ where Garimto goes for straight arbiter and zealot recall. Boxer doesn't scout Garimto's base during the whole game, not a scan, not a flying barracks, nothing...Otherwise he would have seen the arbiter thing.

Why rig that game? All for the show!

I also think Reach Vs Nal_Ra on Paradoxx might be rigged, Reach goes straight for dark archons and Ra doen's scout either. Even Boxer vs Joyo on Paradoxx could be rigged, Joyo played like shit at the end, he let Boxer win.
x[ReaPeR]x
Profile Joined February 2003
United States3447 Posts
June 20 2004 18:10 GMT
#17
The games were rigged. Kingdom, NaDa, ILoveOOv, and XellOs would never make such serious mistakes all in the same night if they were trying.
ILoveOOv ownZ everyone!!! ~ Lamer List: Mynock, naventus
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
June 20 2004 18:13 GMT
#18
On June 21 2004 03:08 Aqeloutro wrote:
I started to think some TV games were rigged when I saw that famous game between Boxer and Garimto on NFZ where Garimto goes for straight arbiter and zealot recall. Boxer doesn't scout Garimto's base during the whole game, not a scan, not a flying barracks, nothing...Otherwise he would have seen the arbiter thing.

Why rig that game? All for the show!

I also think Reach Vs Nal_Ra on Paradoxx might be rigged, Reach goes straight for dark archons and Ra doen's scout either. Even Boxer vs Joyo on Paradoxx could be rigged, Joyo played like shit at the end, he let Boxer win.

If you saw Joyo's face after the match, you know it wasn't rigged. :o
Aqeloutro
Profile Joined October 2002
Spain614 Posts
June 20 2004 18:15 GMT
#19
If I had to lose one game on purpose on the TV my face would look quite fucked up too xD.
SoL.Origin
Profile Joined September 2003
Argentina2400 Posts
June 20 2004 18:19 GMT
#20
Joyo's game wasn't rigged, rofl

Regarding the last OGN matches, I think there was enough reason for the OGN producers to ask the players to play like shit, but still, I wouldn't have done it because there is money, pride and record involved. I don't think they were rigged.
Son Of Law
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20909
Calm 2183
Shuttle 332
White-Ra 176
Mini 170
ZZZero.O 128
firebathero 69
soO 12
Sacsri 8
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1555
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4723
Liquid`Hasu602
Other Games
summit1g7436
Liquid`RaSZi2268
FrodaN1643
fl0m1451
olofmeister861
B2W.Neo775
RotterdaM534
Beastyqt394
crisheroes305
IndyStarCraft 260
Livibee208
Pyrionflax192
Mew2King69
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick994
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
EmSc Tv 11
EmSc2Tv 11
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki42
• blackmanpl 18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1479
• Shiphtur653
• WagamamaTV364
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 41m
Replay Cast
2h 41m
OSC
15h 41m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.