• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:28
CEST 10:28
KST 17:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9073 users

:plzdie:

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
BallMan
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States78 Posts
July 20 2010 03:48 GMT
#1
Thanks everyone for all the warnings about the impossible dream of playing SC2 for money. I may have sounded a little naive in my goals and I'm glad that you came out in force, and let me know rather bluntly that it will never happen. :D

Id like to make it clear that I have no hopes of making great money playing SC, and I understand that I will most likely continue to work a part time job for quite some time. I will continue to play because I love the complexity and dedication it takes to become great at SC. It reminds me of jiu jitsu or (insert fighting style here).

Not everyone is able to overcome pressure or even desire to make money by following specific steps- college, career path- whatever. I am not worried about any of that- I am more worried about doing what I love and becoming the best at it. The money, or enough money will surely come.

Id also like to point out that the playing SC2 well is a goal, and there are steps to take towards obtaining that goal- and if a person remains dedicated, plays actively, and stays humble as they acquire skill- it is surely a goal that is possible to reach.
Prepare for doom
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
July 20 2010 03:50 GMT
#2
One blog per dream sir.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
ella_guru
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada1741 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-20 03:56:50
July 20 2010 03:56 GMT
#3
On July 20 2010 12:50 Chef wrote:
One blog per dream sir.


Can god make a dream so big, no single blog can contain it?

I understand "enough money" is enough, but are you going to live at home while doing this? If yes, then go nuts!
Each day gets better : )
BallMan
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States78 Posts
July 20 2010 03:56 GMT
#4
Im not sure how this works- is this all compiled into one large blog that contains multiple entries?
Prepare for doom
ella_guru
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada1741 Posts
July 20 2010 03:57 GMT
#5
On July 20 2010 12:56 BallMan wrote:
Im not sure how this works- is this all compiled into one large blog that contains multiple entries?


Not so much. I mean, I can read all of your blogs by clicking the "blog" thing on your post, but they are each different threads, taking up space for the same topic.

if it's not a new idea, just chill.
Each day gets better : )
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
July 20 2010 03:58 GMT
#6
ya its not ACTUALLY a blog, even though it is

each new blog is a new thread, so just go easy on em
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
BallMan
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States78 Posts
July 20 2010 03:58 GMT
#7
lol sorry for making "another blog" haha. I thought this was a new topic on the same blog. No, I wont be living at home. Ive been on my own for years and actually have no family that I can ever ask for support. Lets just say I make plenty of money in restaurants and I supplement my income in various other ways when need be.
Prepare for doom
BallMan
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States78 Posts
July 20 2010 04:00 GMT
#8
Thanks guys. Im going to get back to sc2- have good nights.
Prepare for doom
ella_guru
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada1741 Posts
July 20 2010 04:01 GMT
#9
On July 20 2010 12:58 BallMan wrote:
lol sorry for making "another blog" haha. I thought this was a new topic on the same blog. No, I wont be living at home. Ive been on my own for years and actually have no family that I can ever ask for support. Lets just say I make plenty of money in restaurants and I supplement my income in various other ways when need be.



Ohh so it's more like an intense hobby then
Each day gets better : )
nanaoei
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
3358 Posts
July 20 2010 04:09 GMT
#10
you are no stranger to danger
and as if starcraft II were a beautiful lady,
i'd be happy to see you marry her
*@boesthius' FF7 nostalgia stream bomb* "we should work on a 'Final Progamer' fangame»whitera can be a protagonist---lastlie: "we save world and then defense it"
Cow
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada1104 Posts
July 20 2010 04:10 GMT
#11
On July 20 2010 12:58 BallMan wrote:
lol sorry for making "another blog" haha. I thought this was a new topic on the same blog. No, I wont be living at home. Ive been on my own for years and actually have no family that I can ever ask for support. Lets just say I make plenty of money in restaurants and I supplement my income in various other ways when need be.

I cannot help but have this pique my interest LOL

Best of luck in reaching your goal (:
R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
Dance.jhu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States292 Posts
July 20 2010 04:10 GMT
#12
Only 7 more days...
It is what it is...
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
July 20 2010 04:46 GMT
#13
You can respond to comments on your earlier blog in the thread for your earlier blog. Please do not open a new topic just to respond to your readers.

Closing.
✌
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 97
EnDerr 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2482
Rain 1604
FanTaSy 390
Soma 130
Yoon 112
NotJumperer 72
Stork 48
Mong 47
Killer 45
Bale 37
[ Show more ]
Shinee 29
Hm[arnc] 27
Sharp 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
yabsab 15
Noble 10
Dota 2
Fuzer 87
League of Legends
JimRising 534
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss460
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King172
Other Games
summit1g8185
olofmeister861
ceh9486
Happy267
KnowMe126
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick625
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 13
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Lourlo1211
• Rush1157
• Stunt466
Other Games
• Shiphtur837
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
1h 32m
INu's Battles
2h 32m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
4h 32m
OSC
13h 47m
Replay Cast
14h 32m
OSC
1d 14h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.