• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:57
CEST 16:57
KST 23:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9325 users

[MSL Finals] Progamer Predictions

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 20:12:32
May 28 2010 09:46 GMT
#1
[image loading]

For Flash (10)

(Z)EffOrt: Although this final is very evenly matched, I personally hope Flash can win. During the OSL finals, I joked with Flash in the chat about how he should go easy on me and let me win one of the two titles. It'd be great if it actually happened and Flash won the other title.

(T)sKyHigh: I think Flash will win 3-2, the maps are very good for Terran.

(Z)Action: I was originally going to predict Jaedong, but after watching Flash lose the OSL finals, I think he will have a much stronger mindset going into the match. I believe Flash will win the MSL.

(T)fantasy: It's probable that Flash wins 3-0. Since he has the kind of personality where he will come back stronger than ever after losing, the OSL loss should have invigorated him.

(Z)ZerO: I think Flash will probably win 3-2. Both the first and fifth sets are on Triathlon, where Terran has a lot of room for strategic plays [T/N: Okay that's just an educated guess, if someone could clear that up that would be great ><], so I think Flash is favoured. Even though Jaedong is very strong, the maps give an advantage to Flash.

(P)JangBi: I'm not sure why, but I always think Flash will win. Last time in the NATE MSL Flash should've been able to win, but Jaedong won. This time, however, it will be the opposite. This time it's as if Jaedong should win, but in the end the champion will be Flash.

(Z)Shine: Flash will win. He lost last season, so this time he will prepare even harder.

(P)Kal: To be honest, this finals is very hard to predict, but Flash should have the better chance. I think it will end up 3-1 or so. It's only because I'm close with Flash that I'm predicting/hoping he wins.

(Z)HyuN: Last time I predicted Jaedong would win, but this time I think Flash will win 3-1. Recently, Jaedong has been very strong, but Flash feels like he has been even stronger. The maps are the kind that make Terrans secretly chuckle to themselves [lol what], too. The first and fifth sets are on Triathlon, and when I was practicing for the MSL this season I felt this map was very advantageous to Terran. If it gets to the fifth set, it will definitely favour Flash.

(P)Horang2: I predict Flash will win 3-2. The OSL loss will cause him to prepare even harder for this finals.

TL;DR: Triathlon
-----

For Jaedong (14):

(P)Stork: Jaedong should be able to win. Last time in the Nate MSL finals, under similar circumstances of the maps being unfavoured for him, he was still able to win 3-1. This season's maps are much better than last's for Zerg, so I predict Jaedong to win.

(Z)Juni: Jaedong will win the championship unconditionally, 3-1.

(T)NaDa: I think regardless of who wins the score will be 3-2. In the end I think the victor will be Jaedong. Jaedong is playing even better now, his series play is impeccable and he is very strong at the psychological aspect too. A focused Jaedong can be very scary.

(T)Mind: I think Jaedong will win. Of the two finalists, Jaedong's force is stronger.

(Z)RorO: Jaedong will win, he excels at this kind of situation. His play in BoX series is amazing.

(T)BaBy: Jaedong should win the championship. Flash has had to prepare for both the MSL and OSL dual finals on a tight schedule, which requires a lot of focus and energy. But Jaedong only needs to concentrate on the MSL, so he will have an advantage in the finals.

(P)Movie: Jaedong will probably win 3-1 or 3-2. From my perspective, Jaedong feels as though he is more outstanding...

(P)free<3: I predict Jaedong can win the championship. Flash beat me to reach the finals, so we can't have him winning (laughs). Plus, if Jaedong can win, then both league champions will be Zergs, so next season's maps will become more favourable for Protoss. If Jaedong wins I think the score will be 3-2, but if he loses it will be 0-3.

[T/N: Free is such a baller]

(T)Really: Last season, Jaedong already defeated Flash, yet from this season's standpoint, Jaedong has gotten even stronger. He's also scary good at BoX series play. The score will be 3-1 or 3-2.

(P)BeSt: Jaedong wins 3-2. Flash lost the finals recently, which will have an impact on his mindset, while Jaedong is the exact opposite, having undergone a revival in May, so I think Jaedong is the favourite to win.

(P)Bisu: Jaedong 3-1. Recently Jaedong has been doing very well in ZvT, and will show Flash his strength. Meanwhile, Flash's loss in the OSL must have impacted his mindset.

(Z)Calm: It's difficult for me to give a specific reason, but I have the feeling Jaedong will win.

(T)Light: I think Jaedong will win this time, but not as easily as last season. After watching the Flash vs. EffOrt finals, I felt he was holding back a little. It looks as though he will reveal all of his preparations against Jaedong. I think the final score will be 3-2: Triathlon will not affect Jaedong at all.

TL;DR: Jaedong is good at BoX. Flash just lost the OSL.

----------

50/50 (4): I'm just going to translate these briefly because they're all just fence-sitting and saying mostly the same things D:

(T)Midas: I think it's 50:50 because Flash and Jaedong are both extremely good players. To choose who is better in this situation is difficult.

(Z)Kwanro: Last time in the Nate MSL I thought Flash would win, but this season I think it'll be close. Jaedong has been playing very strongly but Flash's recent performance has been exceptional too, so it's difficult to choose.

(T)Sea: The maps are Terran-favoured, if Flash can win the first set then he can win the series. But if Jaedong wins the first set, he will win the rest of the series overwhelmingly. The first set is very important. Triathlon appears in the first and fifth sets, so if it gets to the deciding set Flash should be able to win. [T/N: Doesn't seem very 50/50 to me]

(T)Leta: I really don't know, only that it will be epic. Originally, if Flash had been able to win the OSL, then he would have the psychological advantage for the MSL, but since he lost, it may have damaged his mindset. On the other hand, Jaedong has had very good momentum, so the outcome of this finals is very hard to predict

----------

Wow that was mind-bogglingly boring to translate haha T_T. First time translating, if anybody finds corrections or whatnot I'll make them, I'm sure I made a bunch since my Chinese isn't all that amazing ^_^;

And for possible future reference, how the hell do you translate 气势, CSheep/other Chinese translators?

edit: By the way, it's totally cute how the Chinese interviews maintain the "seonsu" after everybody's names

Translated from Chinese @ http://www.playsc.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=199908
Original Korean @ www.fomos.co.kr
Vibes
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany144 Posts
May 28 2010 09:54 GMT
#2
why no boxer? i would love to know what his predictions are....
Just another Jaedong fanboy <3
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
May 28 2010 09:58 GMT
#3
Nada has spoken!!!

My respect for Nada increased even more now. Jaedong is close to beating him as the GOAT and he still thinks JD will take the title.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
May 28 2010 09:59 GMT
#4
I believe Nada's judgment. ^^
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
May 28 2010 10:00 GMT
#5
Thank you Kyuukyuu!

Interesting that more Zergs predict a Flash victory.
pripple
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Finland1714 Posts
May 28 2010 10:03 GMT
#6
i suddenly hate all the guys who predicts that Flash wins, such a fanboy i am!

thanks for the translations!
Jaedong! <> Team MVP <> Mouz.
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2605 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 10:11:58
May 28 2010 10:11 GMT
#7
wow, looking at the previous NATE MSL predictions @ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=110511

Everybody seems to have switched sides... most zergs were betting on flash, but now they're evenly split..
and (Z)EffOrt is such a (T)Flash fanboy lololol
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
May 28 2010 10:21 GMT
#8
Fu nada, gonna pick you for AT now.
.
.
.
How is he 2 points anyway? He only had 2 games >_>

+ Show Spoiler +
jk, thanks for translation and awesome predictions overall
In the woods, there lurks..
SiDX
Profile Joined July 2009
New Zealand1975 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 10:33:40
May 28 2010 10:33 GMT
#9
go go Jaedong! I also agree with Free about the maps.
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
May 28 2010 10:34 GMT
#10
thanks for this
starleague forever
Ryps
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Romania2740 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 10:36:37
May 28 2010 10:35 GMT
#11
Based on these predictions

14 For Jaedong - 4 50/50 - Flash 10
50% win ----------- ----14.3%---------------35.7% to win

Removing the 4 50/50

Jaedong win 57.1%
Flash 42.9%

100% chance for 3-2 for Jaedong.

Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 28 2010 10:39 GMT
#12
On May 28 2010 19:00 J1.au wrote:
Thank you Kyuukyuu!

Interesting that more Zergs predict a Flash victory.

Yeah, while more Terrans favor Jaedong. Tz, they have no faith in their own race...at least the Terrans.
saltywet
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Hong Kong1316 Posts
May 28 2010 10:56 GMT
#13
last time nada, canata, fantasy, iris, light, shine, hyun, bisu, free, best predicted a jaedong win

with best, light and hyun correctly predicting jaedong 3-1

this time,

nada, light, free, bisu and best predict jaedong again, (only fantasy and hyun switched over)

GOGO JAEDONG
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
May 28 2010 10:58 GMT
#14
The Protosses sure don't know shit about TvZ. Look at Bisu and Free's comments...
IMO Flash 51-49 JD.
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-28 11:19:39
May 28 2010 11:18 GMT
#15
I was more interested in go.go and (Z)sAviOr's predictions :/ guess thats not happening, (T)Flash for champion!
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 28 2010 11:27 GMT
#16
btw: Are there any predictions from the commentators?
samachking
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Bahrain4949 Posts
May 28 2010 11:41 GMT
#17
On May 28 2010 19:58 Garnet wrote:
The Protosses sure don't know shit about TvZ. Look at Bisu and Free's comments...
IMO Flash 51-49 JD.


Yeah, I am sure you know a lot more than A-class progamer tosses about TvZ.

Heck I wouldnt be surprised if their offraces were A/A+.

Thanks for the translation. Jaedong is a beast and I hope he wins, this time he is playing as the champion and not the underdog.
"And then Earthlings discovered tools. Suddenly agreeing with friends could be a form of suicide or worse. But agreements went on, not for the sake of common sense, or decency, or self preservation, but for friendliness."
infinity2k9
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom2397 Posts
May 28 2010 12:15 GMT
#18
Fantasy is clearly bitter about his own loss in a final to Jaedong. How is 3-0 probable? haha
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
May 28 2010 12:26 GMT
#19
Effort says that flash says that he can let him have one of the 2 titles..?
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
May 28 2010 12:28 GMT
#20
On May 28 2010 21:26 streamofhonour wrote:
Effort says that flash says that he can let him have one of the 2 titles..?

I don't think that statement should be interpreted too literally... most likely they were joking around
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 54
trigger 39
Harstem 34
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 49665
Shuttle 8620
BeSt 706
Horang2 509
Larva 200
Sexy 186
actioN 180
Soma 141
Last 124
ggaemo 114
[ Show more ]
Mind 94
Zeus 74
hero 63
Hyun 55
Sea.KH 53
Killer 52
Aegong 48
ToSsGirL 33
Bale 26
PianO 25
Rock 18
NaDa 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4899
qojqva2585
Dendi1313
420jenkins498
Fuzer 73
Counter-Strike
fl0m3436
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1162
Liquid`Hasu763
Other Games
B2W.Neo894
Beastyqt571
Mlord470
byalli375
ArmadaUGS236
Livibee218
Hui .203
KnowMe97
QueenE61
Mew2King57
CosmosSc2 33
Chillindude15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick805
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2565
League of Legends
• Nemesis3159
Other Games
• WagamamaTV206
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem34
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 4m
Replay Cast
8h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 4m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.