[SC2 News] Blizzard bans ~5000 players for hacking - Page…
| Forum Index > SC2 General |
|
LegendaryZ
United States1583 Posts
| ||
|
blacktoss
United States121 Posts
| ||
|
zekie
Canada380 Posts
On October 02 2010 08:56 blacktoss wrote: I don't understand how any of you are gauging the size of this ban wave. You don't have *any* idea how many hackers there are on BNet. So how do you know what proportion of hackers have been banned? How do you justify any estimate you make? | ||
|
hifriend
China7935 Posts
On October 02 2010 08:56 blacktoss wrote: I don't understand how any of you are gauging the size of this ban wave. You don't have *any* idea how many hackers there are on BNet. So how do you know what proportion of hackers have been banned? How do you justify any estimate you make? well for starters approximately 3-4 of the most commonly used public/private hacks still go undetected | ||
|
Broxxi
Norway48 Posts
On October 02 2010 06:04 PLxDratewka wrote: It’s nice that b.net is doing something but I got banned for NOTHING !!! The only new think I install in past 2 weeks is G13 game pad, will that get me banned ? I file a complaint in to blizz but they probably get 1000’s of those so my chances of getting revue are non. I still have extra copy of Starcraft II I will use for now but if they banned that one too I simply won’t bay another one… (it’s not about $60, I got $ but I just don’t have time to for bull crap.) Please let me know if anyone else have similar problem. My friend botted in WoW and he got pretty specific description of what was the reasoning for banning in his e-mail. Even identified the application he was using. So check your mail. Look at what it says and take action depending on what it says. | ||
|
Genome852
United States979 Posts
| ||
|
hifriend
China7935 Posts
On October 02 2010 10:18 Genome852 wrote: Why do they give hackers second chances...? Um, these are permanent bans. | ||
|
DarkenHell
United States11 Posts
| ||
|
Hunch
Canada336 Posts
| ||
|
Genome852
United States979 Posts
Um, they are bans + suspensions, probably with a lot more suspensions than bans. | ||
|
hifriend
China7935 Posts
On October 02 2010 10:34 Genome852 wrote: Um, they are bans + suspensions, probably with a lot more suspensions than bans. Strange I'm certain all bans are actually perm bans. I have no idea why they wrote that. | ||
|
blacktoss
United States121 Posts
On October 02 2010 09:48 hifriend wrote: well for starters approximately 3-4 of the most commonly used public/private hacks still go undetected [citation needed] | ||
|
101toss
3232 Posts
On October 02 2010 10:39 hifriend wrote: Strange I'm certain all bans are actually perm bans. I have no idea why they wrote that. "We recently took action, including suspensions and bans, on over 5,000 StarCraft II players who were in violation of the Battle.net Terms of Use for cheating and/or using hack programs while playing." The 5000 player count includes bans, suspensions, and other "actions" Ladder is a full-of-hacker joke, custom games are teh gosu *I'm in diamond, but that doesn't matter, considering how ~80% of diamond players are trash | ||
|
AmstAff
Germany949 Posts
funny how they wasted mommys and daddys $$$/€€€ | ||
|
aztrorisk
United States896 Posts
| ||
|
-BW-Map_God
United States28 Posts
| ||
|
Fallingtoss
United States14 Posts
| ||
|
CyberPitz
United States428 Posts
On October 21 2010 00:04 Fallingtoss wrote: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6282171.html Good thing they are kicking the ass of the people who sold the hacks. The more pressure that is put on them, the more risky they may feel about just making a bunch of them willy nilly. | ||
|
ZenDeX
Philippines2916 Posts
MskiZenDeX vs Traukons on Steppes of War + Show Spoiler + I apparently dropped from the game the moment I scout his early Spawning Pool. | ||
|
Ichabod
United States1659 Posts
On November 20 2010 01:38 lolaloc wrote: Looks like they forgot to ban this guy: MskiZenDeX vs Traukons on Steppes of War + Show Spoiler + I apparently dropped from the game the moment I scout his early Spawning Pool. These bans were done nearly 2 months ago, your rep is from today I assume...also you can use the "TL hacker database" thread to 'report' suspicious activity. | ||
| ||