• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:14
CEST 06:14
KST 13:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7899 users

Election Mafia - Page 89

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 142 Next
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
December 17 2011 21:51 GMT
#1761
On December 18 2011 06:47 DEUS-ex-MAFIA wrote:
you don't need protection, since it doesn't matter if your dead or alive. That sounds hard but it's true. You won't be able to lead this town later in the game. In fact, I am not 100% sure that you're town and Arctocod obviously isn't either. Now better contribute something and commentate about the other players that are in the spotlight right now:

sheth,
bumatlarge,
evantress,
cascades


A confirmed innocent person is always useful.
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
DEUS-ex-MAFIA
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State258 Posts
December 17 2011 21:52 GMT
#1762
but you aren't confirmed :-[
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
December 17 2011 21:54 GMT
#1763
On December 18 2011 06:47 DEUS-ex-MAFIA wrote:
you don't need protection, since it doesn't matter if your dead or alive. That sounds hard but it's true. You won't be able to lead this town later in the game. In fact, I am not 100% sure that you're town and Arctocod obviously isn't either. Now better contribute something and commentate about the other players that are in the spotlight right now:

sheth,
bumatlarge,
evantress,
cascades


Sheth is likely scum, I would put him at the top of the lynch list for tomorrow.

Bumatlarge is more of a lurker and should only be killed if we have nobody else.

Evantress and Cascades are a bit suspicious, and I'm sure the cases on them will grow.
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
Cwave
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands313 Posts
December 17 2011 21:55 GMT
#1764
On December 18 2011 06:51 MrZentor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 06:47 DEUS-ex-MAFIA wrote:
you don't need protection, since it doesn't matter if your dead or alive. That sounds hard but it's true. You won't be able to lead this town later in the game. In fact, I am not 100% sure that you're town and Arctocod obviously isn't either. Now better contribute something and commentate about the other players that are in the spotlight right now:

sheth,
bumatlarge,
evantress,
cascades


A confirmed innocent person is always useful.


And that confirmed person would be..... ?
I've learned so much from my mistakes. I'm thinking of making a few more.
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
December 17 2011 21:55 GMT
#1765
On December 18 2011 06:52 DEUS-ex-MAFIA wrote:
but you aren't confirmed :-[


Using a role that helps the town for all to see isn't confirmed?
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
December 17 2011 22:20 GMT
#1766
On December 18 2011 06:55 MrZentor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 06:52 DEUS-ex-MAFIA wrote:
but you aren't confirmed :-[


Using a role that helps the town for all to see isn't confirmed?

You're town. Lets not argue about this more, it's a pro town abillity. The host cant be so crual as to give that to mafia, it would be unfairly crual. You've done things like you not use your abillity when arctocod was withdrawn and town was in panic. Since I don't think even the slightest that you are scum your behavior isn't scummy but just newbie play. And even though you're town you're also confirmed green throw in that a medic just might choose to protect you because you are confirmed town. This combined equals you're not an as attractive target as you belive.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 17 2011 22:39 GMT
#1767
Yeah, part 2 isn't coming guys, sorry. I'll just skip to the end.

Liquid`Sheth Verdict: Leaning town.

Everyone look long and hard at evantrees. I've thrice asked someone other than Bum to comment. Arctocod can't be bothered, that bothers me. Rad also is way too busy.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 17 2011 22:41 GMT
#1768
risk.nuke still gives me the heebeejeebees. PLEASE look at this guy as well.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 17 2011 22:45 GMT
#1769
Of the vets, I'm the most suspicious of Radfield. He's good at looking pro-town, and I don't really have much of a problem with his posts. What I have a problem with is the fact that he's still not really willing to discuss scumhunting with anyone...like, he's all about telling people why they might be wrong, but hasn't really agreed much that anyone looks scummy aside from inactive players who can be counted on to not read and not notice. *shrug* It's not much, but right now it's all I got.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
December 17 2011 22:54 GMT
#1770
/salute
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
December 17 2011 23:07 GMT
#1771
VE: evantrees has not made a single post that could be interpreted as scum hunting, so yes he is very likely scum
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
Comprissent
Profile Joined September 2010
United States314 Posts
December 17 2011 23:18 GMT
#1772
On December 18 2011 06:13 GiygaS wrote:
I'm giving the temp medics job is to save me and Arc tonight, so that the other medics can focus on Radfield/Zentor? Any objections?


This isn't going to work, the 2-shot medic is only allowed to use one protection tonight


You are the Surgeon General! Upon election, you have the ability to secretly grant target player the role of 2 shot-medic. You may not grant yourself this ability. The medic may not protect themselves. Only one protection may be used per night. If the bodyguard lives, the Mayor/Pardoner may not be targeted by this action. The medic's role will not be included in their role description upon death.


Just curious Arc, you want medic protection on Radfield despite your suspicion of him and his recent inactivity? Or is this still keeping with our 'protecting the best scum hunters' policy?
He's French-Canadian, so he's gonna do fast expand into stupid zealot timing into something else gay
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
December 17 2011 23:20 GMT
#1773
On December 18 2011 07:20 risk.nuke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 06:55 MrZentor wrote:
On December 18 2011 06:52 DEUS-ex-MAFIA wrote:
but you aren't confirmed :-[


Using a role that helps the town for all to see isn't confirmed?

You're town. Lets not argue about this more, it's a pro town abillity. The host cant be so crual as to give that to mafia, it would be unfairly crual. You've done things like you not use your abillity when arctocod was withdrawn and town was in panic. Since I don't think even the slightest that you are scum your behavior isn't scummy but just newbie play. And even though you're town you're also confirmed green throw in that a medic just might choose to protect you because you are confirmed town. This combined equals you're not an as attractive target as you belive.


Explain how his power is pro town

Sure extended day = more time for town to think over their lynches thus it may seem its a pro town ability

But the power I think is somewhat similar to a pardon given that a scum was on the chopping block, the user can possibly give that scum more time to clear himself

MrZentor had no choice but to use his power to prove he wasn't lying per Arctocods request

MrZentor is not confirmed period

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
Arctocod
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway251 Posts
December 17 2011 23:24 GMT
#1774
I'm not suspicious of Radfield. Only a few things in his play have so far given me slight cause for concern, but on the whole this still appears to be town Radfield play. He informed us of his inactivity so I'm treating that as a null indicator for now.
♪♫♫ We all stand together! ♪♫♪
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
December 18 2011 00:01 GMT
#1775
On December 18 2011 08:20 zeks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2011 07:20 risk.nuke wrote:
On December 18 2011 06:55 MrZentor wrote:
On December 18 2011 06:52 DEUS-ex-MAFIA wrote:
but you aren't confirmed :-[


Using a role that helps the town for all to see isn't confirmed?

You're town. Lets not argue about this more, it's a pro town abillity. The host cant be so crual as to give that to mafia, it would be unfairly crual. You've done things like you not use your abillity when arctocod was withdrawn and town was in panic. Since I don't think even the slightest that you are scum your behavior isn't scummy but just newbie play. And even though you're town you're also confirmed green throw in that a medic just might choose to protect you because you are confirmed town. This combined equals you're not an as attractive target as you belive.


Explain how his power is pro town

Sure extended day = more time for town to think over their lynches thus it may seem its a pro town ability

But the power I think is somewhat similar to a pardon given that a scum was on the chopping block, the user can possibly give that scum more time to clear himself

MrZentor had no choice but to use his power to prove he wasn't lying per Arctocods request

MrZentor is not confirmed period



Even in that situation, if the person were mafia, the more time the people had to look at him, the more guilty he would seem. The town has the power during the day, and the mafia has power during the night. Extending the amount of time that the town has power and therefore increasing the likelihood of them using it correctly is pro town. Period.

Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
December 18 2011 00:23 GMT
#1776
Damnit, why does RL come in the way of Mafia? Stupid Christmas . Anyway, I'm gonna be looking at Evantrees and Risk again before the end of the night.
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
December 18 2011 00:36 GMT
#1777
Also @ the medic thing: I'll get him to protect Arc, It won't really hurt the town if I die.
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
Radfield
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada2720 Posts
December 18 2011 00:44 GMT
#1778
Glad to see I'm not seen as auto-scum given my activity levels this game. I'm working right now, and am working again tomorrow. Thank goodness for the bonus 24 hours.

Gigyas has two options tonight for a medic. A) someone who is very much town, or B) someone unlikely to die tonight. Both options have their risks, and right now I would lean towards option A, as that guarantees us at least one potential save. The medic landing in scum hands would leave players wide open to KP.

In the interest of full-disclosure I DO NOT have the ability to double-lynch. I simply said that to get discussion rolling again as I was worried we would just cruise control the rest of the day on ProfBA. I was also roleblocked again, so scum knew very well that I was bullshitting, since even if I had the ability to double lynch I would not be able to. I want to go over the reactions again, but I think dues-ex was fairly genuine.




kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
December 18 2011 00:56 GMT
#1779


VisceraEyes the anarchist has gone out with a bang.
bumatlarge the mafia Godfather suddenly has a lot more time for Responsibility Mafia.

Welcome to Election Mafia! You are the anarchist! You wish to bring chaos to the world. Once per game, during the day, you may suicide yourself on target player. Both yourself and your target will explode. This action will bypass medic protection, however it will not bypass bodyguard protection. You win with town.


Welcome to Election Mafia! You are the mafia Godfather! All investigative results will return the role and alignment of your choice. Please submit your cover role by the end of day one. You win with mafia.


I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
December 18 2011 01:02 GMT
#1780
I wish you hadn't done that, Still. Hats of to you, rest in peace.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 142 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 235
FoxeR 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4356
Leta 1865
ViBE127
Bale 53
Shine 20
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
JimRising 607
Other Games
summit1g8260
WinterStarcraft526
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick614
BasetradeTV191
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta24
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota28
League of Legends
• Lourlo956
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 46m
Patches Events
10h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 46m
OSC
18h 46m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.