• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:24
CEST 19:24
KST 02:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9611 users

TL Mafia LVII - Page 81

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 147 Next
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 09 2012 23:46 GMT
#1601
On September 10 2012 07:42 Bill Murray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 19:37 Bill Murray wrote:
austinmc aka autismnc

I BROUGHT HIM UP AS A JOKE

Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 07:06 Bill Murray wrote:
Austinmcc, what is your read on the Ottoxlol situation? His theories are over the top, right? What does that show about his alignment? Why?

then i filtered him, and i was like, holy fuck this guy has 3 wall posts and is the most obvious blue I HAVE EVER SEEN

but i didnt want to give it away, so i decided to engage him in questioning, as seen above

Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 07:21 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 06 2012 07:18 austinmcc wrote:
On September 06 2012 07:06 Bill Murray wrote:
Austinmcc, what is your read on the Ottoxlol situation? His theories are over the top, right? What does that show about his alignment? Why?
Looking through his profile, I see his only other game was LIII. So he's at least played, although not with me. But he knows that some of the people in this game played that game, he played with them, he knows they are competent individuals with functioning brains.

It's the first time I've ever seen someone cling to something absolutely wrong in this manner. I have posted paranoid rants in two games, stuck by them for a while as possibilities, gotten upset if people wouldn't consider them as possibilities, but I didn't get like this.

Right now (and if Matt flips scum I will be more certain of the read) I can't help but read the whole thing like this:
  • Matt got caught
  • Ottoxlol tried to save him, without realizing how bad an idea it was
  • Ottoxlol shortly realized how bad an idea it was
  • A decent scum player told him right after he got caught looking very odd that he couldn't back off his defense, because then he'd look even scummier
  • So he went full bore nuts, and that's why he won't listen to anyone or anything


It doesn't feel like he's just obtuse. At some point he'd get the message. It feels like he's clinging to this.

Do me a favor, and go read Gravan's filter as if he were a scum idiot

and then i encourage him to scumhunt, which he does. It was awesome. My questioning lead to him posting a little more, which may have bought him another cycle. IDK. Regardless, notice how I'm trying to get him to engage me in more scumhunting? I have no suspicion of him at all, not only do I figure he's town, I know he's blue/red, and I'm leaning blue at this point. He's not acting as per his townie meta, and he looks blue as shit versus being scum. He could be scum here, but that's why I'm questioning him at all, really, to see how he will react.

Well, he reacted well, so I, as above, asked him about Gravan

Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 08:34 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 06 2012 08:32 austinmcc wrote:
On September 06 2012 08:27 Bill Murray wrote:
ohhhh i get the bm/bm/bc thing now
yeah we're the 3 most obvious pro-town... regardless of alignment
possibly toad or even hapahauli... austinmcc is very pro-town as well, but i'd like to see more one liners from him


On September 06 2012 08:25 Bill Murray wrote:
If Gravan gets vigged (lord willing) and flips scum, do you see any conclusions we can draw from it?
Yes, that the scum team is trolling, because that would mean that they've all dun goofed hard.

If matt claimed nosy neighbor AND ottoxlol defended him like he did AND gravan didn't check QT or nobody put something in QT saying "EVERYONE SHUT UP AND VOTE MATT," then I have a hard time believing there's a ... scum leader? I assume some of the players in this game have played real nice scum games, where they sort of orchestrated everyone's moves. If Ottoxlol and Gravan are both scum, then I have a difficult time believing that scum has such a player. At the very least that guy should be running damage control after Matt and ottoxlol make themselves obvious.


if their "leader" is someone who is really into policy like Forumite or Toad then I could see a breakdown like this

Without an overseer, you cannot see Dark Templar. Capiche?

Notice how I'm FoS the "top scum" who is likely Forumite
I don't think it's Toad - pretty sure he's town as per meta by now... he's just such a good player, that I'm wary of him.
Back on track, and off tangent, the bolded line above is me saying "hey, you're blue, but don't worry about me... im not scum"


wait I'm confused what exactly you're saying here.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 09 2012 23:47 GMT
#1602
On September 10 2012 08:46 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 07:42 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 04 2012 19:37 Bill Murray wrote:
austinmc aka autismnc

I BROUGHT HIM UP AS A JOKE

On September 06 2012 07:06 Bill Murray wrote:
Austinmcc, what is your read on the Ottoxlol situation? His theories are over the top, right? What does that show about his alignment? Why?

then i filtered him, and i was like, holy fuck this guy has 3 wall posts and is the most obvious blue I HAVE EVER SEEN

but i didnt want to give it away, so i decided to engage him in questioning, as seen above

On September 06 2012 07:21 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 06 2012 07:18 austinmcc wrote:
On September 06 2012 07:06 Bill Murray wrote:
Austinmcc, what is your read on the Ottoxlol situation? His theories are over the top, right? What does that show about his alignment? Why?
Looking through his profile, I see his only other game was LIII. So he's at least played, although not with me. But he knows that some of the people in this game played that game, he played with them, he knows they are competent individuals with functioning brains.

It's the first time I've ever seen someone cling to something absolutely wrong in this manner. I have posted paranoid rants in two games, stuck by them for a while as possibilities, gotten upset if people wouldn't consider them as possibilities, but I didn't get like this.

Right now (and if Matt flips scum I will be more certain of the read) I can't help but read the whole thing like this:
  • Matt got caught
  • Ottoxlol tried to save him, without realizing how bad an idea it was
  • Ottoxlol shortly realized how bad an idea it was
  • A decent scum player told him right after he got caught looking very odd that he couldn't back off his defense, because then he'd look even scummier
  • So he went full bore nuts, and that's why he won't listen to anyone or anything


It doesn't feel like he's just obtuse. At some point he'd get the message. It feels like he's clinging to this.

Do me a favor, and go read Gravan's filter as if he were a scum idiot

and then i encourage him to scumhunt, which he does. It was awesome. My questioning lead to him posting a little more, which may have bought him another cycle. IDK. Regardless, notice how I'm trying to get him to engage me in more scumhunting? I have no suspicion of him at all, not only do I figure he's town, I know he's blue/red, and I'm leaning blue at this point. He's not acting as per his townie meta, and he looks blue as shit versus being scum. He could be scum here, but that's why I'm questioning him at all, really, to see how he will react.

Well, he reacted well, so I, as above, asked him about Gravan

On September 06 2012 08:34 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 06 2012 08:32 austinmcc wrote:
On September 06 2012 08:27 Bill Murray wrote:
ohhhh i get the bm/bm/bc thing now
yeah we're the 3 most obvious pro-town... regardless of alignment
possibly toad or even hapahauli... austinmcc is very pro-town as well, but i'd like to see more one liners from him


On September 06 2012 08:25 Bill Murray wrote:
If Gravan gets vigged (lord willing) and flips scum, do you see any conclusions we can draw from it?
Yes, that the scum team is trolling, because that would mean that they've all dun goofed hard.

If matt claimed nosy neighbor AND ottoxlol defended him like he did AND gravan didn't check QT or nobody put something in QT saying "EVERYONE SHUT UP AND VOTE MATT," then I have a hard time believing there's a ... scum leader? I assume some of the players in this game have played real nice scum games, where they sort of orchestrated everyone's moves. If Ottoxlol and Gravan are both scum, then I have a difficult time believing that scum has such a player. At the very least that guy should be running damage control after Matt and ottoxlol make themselves obvious.


if their "leader" is someone who is really into policy like Forumite or Toad then I could see a breakdown like this

Without an overseer, you cannot see Dark Templar. Capiche?

Notice how I'm FoS the "top scum" who is likely Forumite
I don't think it's Toad - pretty sure he's town as per meta by now... he's just such a good player, that I'm wary of him.
Back on track, and off tangent, the bolded line above is me saying "hey, you're blue, but don't worry about me... im not scum"


wait I'm confused what exactly you're saying here.

specifically i mean the bread crumb thing or whatever it is you're claiming at the end.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 23:50 GMT
#1603
Mafia. So play it, and shut up. The ball's in my court, grandma.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 23:51 GMT
#1604
Forumite's appeal to me to unvote him (though implied) shall be heard at this time.
I will be honoring my word as a man, and voting Shady Sands.
Z-BosoN is town, as is Toad, and possibly Forumite.
This I have decreed.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 23:52 GMT
#1605
but, for now, I shall play League of Legends, as my draft pick game FINALLY queued.
level 29 ... gonna be tedious compared to all other 28
but the challenge? ha. i await.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 23:52 GMT
#1606
speaking of the 80 pages of reading i'm going to be doing bi-daily
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 23:53 GMT
#1607
On September 10 2012 08:46 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 07:42 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 04 2012 19:37 Bill Murray wrote:
austinmc aka autismnc

I BROUGHT HIM UP AS A JOKE

On September 06 2012 07:06 Bill Murray wrote:
Austinmcc, what is your read on the Ottoxlol situation? His theories are over the top, right? What does that show about his alignment? Why?

then i filtered him, and i was like, holy fuck this guy has 3 wall posts and is the most obvious blue I HAVE EVER SEEN

but i didnt want to give it away, so i decided to engage him in questioning, as seen above

On September 06 2012 07:21 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 06 2012 07:18 austinmcc wrote:
On September 06 2012 07:06 Bill Murray wrote:
Austinmcc, what is your read on the Ottoxlol situation? His theories are over the top, right? What does that show about his alignment? Why?
Looking through his profile, I see his only other game was LIII. So he's at least played, although not with me. But he knows that some of the people in this game played that game, he played with them, he knows they are competent individuals with functioning brains.

It's the first time I've ever seen someone cling to something absolutely wrong in this manner. I have posted paranoid rants in two games, stuck by them for a while as possibilities, gotten upset if people wouldn't consider them as possibilities, but I didn't get like this.

Right now (and if Matt flips scum I will be more certain of the read) I can't help but read the whole thing like this:
  • Matt got caught
  • Ottoxlol tried to save him, without realizing how bad an idea it was
  • Ottoxlol shortly realized how bad an idea it was
  • A decent scum player told him right after he got caught looking very odd that he couldn't back off his defense, because then he'd look even scummier
  • So he went full bore nuts, and that's why he won't listen to anyone or anything


It doesn't feel like he's just obtuse. At some point he'd get the message. It feels like he's clinging to this.

Do me a favor, and go read Gravan's filter as if he were a scum idiot

and then i encourage him to scumhunt, which he does. It was awesome. My questioning lead to him posting a little more, which may have bought him another cycle. IDK. Regardless, notice how I'm trying to get him to engage me in more scumhunting? I have no suspicion of him at all, not only do I figure he's town, I know he's blue/red, and I'm leaning blue at this point. He's not acting as per his townie meta, and he looks blue as shit versus being scum. He could be scum here, but that's why I'm questioning him at all, really, to see how he will react.

Well, he reacted well, so I, as above, asked him about Gravan

On September 06 2012 08:34 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 06 2012 08:32 austinmcc wrote:
On September 06 2012 08:27 Bill Murray wrote:
ohhhh i get the bm/bm/bc thing now
yeah we're the 3 most obvious pro-town... regardless of alignment
possibly toad or even hapahauli... austinmcc is very pro-town as well, but i'd like to see more one liners from him


On September 06 2012 08:25 Bill Murray wrote:
If Gravan gets vigged (lord willing) and flips scum, do you see any conclusions we can draw from it?
Yes, that the scum team is trolling, because that would mean that they've all dun goofed hard.

If matt claimed nosy neighbor AND ottoxlol defended him like he did AND gravan didn't check QT or nobody put something in QT saying "EVERYONE SHUT UP AND VOTE MATT," then I have a hard time believing there's a ... scum leader? I assume some of the players in this game have played real nice scum games, where they sort of orchestrated everyone's moves. If Ottoxlol and Gravan are both scum, then I have a difficult time believing that scum has such a player. At the very least that guy should be running damage control after Matt and ottoxlol make themselves obvious.


if their "leader" is someone who is really into policy like Forumite or Toad then I could see a breakdown like this

Without an overseer, you cannot see Dark Templar. Capiche?

Notice how I'm FoS the "top scum" who is likely Forumite
I don't think it's Toad - pretty sure he's town as per meta by now... he's just such a good player, that I'm wary of him.
Back on track, and off tangent, the bolded line above is me saying "hey, you're blue, but don't worry about me... im not scum"


wait I'm confused what exactly you're saying here.

so you're admitting you, like i, as town, rarely read nested quotes?
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 23:53 GMT
#1608
On September 10 2012 08:47 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 08:46 strongandbig wrote:
On September 10 2012 07:42 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 04 2012 19:37 Bill Murray wrote:
austinmc aka autismnc

I BROUGHT HIM UP AS A JOKE

On September 06 2012 07:06 Bill Murray wrote:
Austinmcc, what is your read on the Ottoxlol situation? His theories are over the top, right? What does that show about his alignment? Why?

then i filtered him, and i was like, holy fuck this guy has 3 wall posts and is the most obvious blue I HAVE EVER SEEN

but i didnt want to give it away, so i decided to engage him in questioning, as seen above

On September 06 2012 07:21 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 06 2012 07:18 austinmcc wrote:
On September 06 2012 07:06 Bill Murray wrote:
Austinmcc, what is your read on the Ottoxlol situation? His theories are over the top, right? What does that show about his alignment? Why?
Looking through his profile, I see his only other game was LIII. So he's at least played, although not with me. But he knows that some of the people in this game played that game, he played with them, he knows they are competent individuals with functioning brains.

It's the first time I've ever seen someone cling to something absolutely wrong in this manner. I have posted paranoid rants in two games, stuck by them for a while as possibilities, gotten upset if people wouldn't consider them as possibilities, but I didn't get like this.

Right now (and if Matt flips scum I will be more certain of the read) I can't help but read the whole thing like this:
  • Matt got caught
  • Ottoxlol tried to save him, without realizing how bad an idea it was
  • Ottoxlol shortly realized how bad an idea it was
  • A decent scum player told him right after he got caught looking very odd that he couldn't back off his defense, because then he'd look even scummier
  • So he went full bore nuts, and that's why he won't listen to anyone or anything


It doesn't feel like he's just obtuse. At some point he'd get the message. It feels like he's clinging to this.

Do me a favor, and go read Gravan's filter as if he were a scum idiot

and then i encourage him to scumhunt, which he does. It was awesome. My questioning lead to him posting a little more, which may have bought him another cycle. IDK. Regardless, notice how I'm trying to get him to engage me in more scumhunting? I have no suspicion of him at all, not only do I figure he's town, I know he's blue/red, and I'm leaning blue at this point. He's not acting as per his townie meta, and he looks blue as shit versus being scum. He could be scum here, but that's why I'm questioning him at all, really, to see how he will react.

Well, he reacted well, so I, as above, asked him about Gravan

On September 06 2012 08:34 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 06 2012 08:32 austinmcc wrote:
On September 06 2012 08:27 Bill Murray wrote:
ohhhh i get the bm/bm/bc thing now
yeah we're the 3 most obvious pro-town... regardless of alignment
possibly toad or even hapahauli... austinmcc is very pro-town as well, but i'd like to see more one liners from him


On September 06 2012 08:25 Bill Murray wrote:
If Gravan gets vigged (lord willing) and flips scum, do you see any conclusions we can draw from it?
Yes, that the scum team is trolling, because that would mean that they've all dun goofed hard.

If matt claimed nosy neighbor AND ottoxlol defended him like he did AND gravan didn't check QT or nobody put something in QT saying "EVERYONE SHUT UP AND VOTE MATT," then I have a hard time believing there's a ... scum leader? I assume some of the players in this game have played real nice scum games, where they sort of orchestrated everyone's moves. If Ottoxlol and Gravan are both scum, then I have a difficult time believing that scum has such a player. At the very least that guy should be running damage control after Matt and ottoxlol make themselves obvious.


if their "leader" is someone who is really into policy like Forumite or Toad then I could see a breakdown like this

Without an overseer, you cannot see Dark Templar. Capiche?

Notice how I'm FoS the "top scum" who is likely Forumite
I don't think it's Toad - pretty sure he's town as per meta by now... he's just such a good player, that I'm wary of him.
Back on track, and off tangent, the bolded line above is me saying "hey, you're blue, but don't worry about me... im not scum"


wait I'm confused what exactly you're saying here.

specifically i mean the bread crumb thing or whatever it is you're claiming at the end.

I don't believe in cryptography. I'm not risking a moderator getting mad and myself getting modkilled for a third time. 3 strikes? you're out.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 09 2012 23:55 GMT
#1609
okay i'm out. I'll go sit in the dugout.

it's two am and i have to work for five more hours maybe i'll figure out what is going on during that time, but i doubt it.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 09 2012 23:56 GMT
#1610
oh wait you meant yourself. my brain is not the hottest right now.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 23:58 GMT
#1611
hahahaha. It's all good, man. 2 am? You in Germany? LOL
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 10 2012 00:01 GMT
#1612
This game is bullshit. How do you go from **vote foru to

On September 10 2012 08:51 Bill Murray wrote:
Forumite's appeal to me to unvote him (though implied) shall be heard at this time.
I will be honoring my word as a man, and voting Shady Sands.
Z-BosoN is town, as is Toad, and possibly Forumite.
This I have decreed.


I have decreed that I will hence forth be known as Toad, the Confused because this is giving me headaches.

Why can't vigs just claim 5secs prior to deadline (that is if what Grush posted is truely the case) like they are supposed to do... Would make things way easier to figure out, especially in a game without notifications.

See you tomorrow... need to reread A LOT
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 10 2012 00:04 GMT
#1613
On September 10 2012 07:42 Bill Murray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 19:37 Bill Murray wrote:
austinmc aka autismnc

I BROUGHT HIM UP AS A JOKE

Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 07:06 Bill Murray wrote:
Austinmcc, what is your read on the Ottoxlol situation? His theories are over the top, right? What does that show about his alignment? Why?

then i filtered him, and i was like, holy fuck this guy has 3 wall posts and is the most obvious blue I HAVE EVER SEEN

but i didnt want to give it away, so i decided to engage him in questioning, as seen above

Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 07:21 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 06 2012 07:18 austinmcc wrote:
On September 06 2012 07:06 Bill Murray wrote:
Austinmcc, what is your read on the Ottoxlol situation? His theories are over the top, right? What does that show about his alignment? Why?
Looking through his profile, I see his only other game was LIII. So he's at least played, although not with me. But he knows that some of the people in this game played that game, he played with them, he knows they are competent individuals with functioning brains.

It's the first time I've ever seen someone cling to something absolutely wrong in this manner. I have posted paranoid rants in two games, stuck by them for a while as possibilities, gotten upset if people wouldn't consider them as possibilities, but I didn't get like this.

Right now (and if Matt flips scum I will be more certain of the read) I can't help but read the whole thing like this:
  • Matt got caught
  • Ottoxlol tried to save him, without realizing how bad an idea it was
  • Ottoxlol shortly realized how bad an idea it was
  • A decent scum player told him right after he got caught looking very odd that he couldn't back off his defense, because then he'd look even scummier
  • So he went full bore nuts, and that's why he won't listen to anyone or anything


It doesn't feel like he's just obtuse. At some point he'd get the message. It feels like he's clinging to this.

Do me a favor, and go read Gravan's filter as if he were a scum idiot

and then i encourage him to scumhunt, which he does. It was awesome. My questioning lead to him posting a little more, which may have bought him another cycle. IDK. Regardless, notice how I'm trying to get him to engage me in more scumhunting? I have no suspicion of him at all, not only do I figure he's town, I know he's blue/red, and I'm leaning blue at this point. He's not acting as per his townie meta, and he looks blue as shit versus being scum. He could be scum here, but that's why I'm questioning him at all, really, to see how he will react.

Well, he reacted well, so I, as above, asked him about Gravan

Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 08:34 Bill Murray wrote:
On September 06 2012 08:32 austinmcc wrote:
On September 06 2012 08:27 Bill Murray wrote:
ohhhh i get the bm/bm/bc thing now
yeah we're the 3 most obvious pro-town... regardless of alignment
possibly toad or even hapahauli... austinmcc is very pro-town as well, but i'd like to see more one liners from him


On September 06 2012 08:25 Bill Murray wrote:
If Gravan gets vigged (lord willing) and flips scum, do you see any conclusions we can draw from it?
Yes, that the scum team is trolling, because that would mean that they've all dun goofed hard.

If matt claimed nosy neighbor AND ottoxlol defended him like he did AND gravan didn't check QT or nobody put something in QT saying "EVERYONE SHUT UP AND VOTE MATT," then I have a hard time believing there's a ... scum leader? I assume some of the players in this game have played real nice scum games, where they sort of orchestrated everyone's moves. If Ottoxlol and Gravan are both scum, then I have a difficult time believing that scum has such a player. At the very least that guy should be running damage control after Matt and ottoxlol make themselves obvious.


if their "leader" is someone who is really into policy like Forumite or Toad then I could see a breakdown like this

Without an overseer, you cannot see Dark Templar. Capiche?

Notice how I'm FoS the "top scum" who is likely Forumite
I don't think it's Toad - pretty sure he's town as per meta by now... he's just such a good player, that I'm wary of him.
Back on track, and off tangent, the bolded line above is me saying "hey, you're blue, but don't worry about me... im not scum"


Well, well, you just might have done something useful after all. If you can answer me well enough, you are as good as cleared in my books.

You also forgot to add this:

On September 06 2012 07:35 Bill Murray wrote:
Forumite's defense is really good. He's off my scumlist.

I just filtered mav. TBH, maverick is looking more like town.
i mean he's openly defending himself vs me and Dr.H
Seems really inactive, however, so I'm not calling off a potential vig shot there... *looks at austin*
Though, I'd still rather someone shoot Gravan, at this point.


But this was just a lucky guess, you couldn't have known he was vig, but that he was blue, amirite?.

There are two options here:
1) You actually knew he was a blue
2) You randomly put crumbs everywhere so you could "clear yourself" once a blue popped up.

Indeed, your posting towards him seems to suggest that you knew he was a blue.
Question 1) You mentioned his 3 wall posts, etc. Tell me exactly why you think that made him not-town. Why wouldn't a town post like him? Be very clear here.
Question 2) You made this post AFTER the ones you referenced:
On September 06 2012 13:04 Bill Murray wrote:
weird interaction between kobe and austin there, too, and coupled with him slipping in his wording? potential scumteam

Why were you shedding suspicion on a blue? I don't conceive this as a joke.
Question 3) You thought he was blue and suggested for him to not worry about you. Why did you make this post:
On September 09 2012 22:04 Bill Murray wrote:
DOC SWITCH TO ME.

Is this another random crumb in case the actual doctor died? Explain this post.

I hope you can answer well!
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 10 2012 00:09 GMT
#1614
On September 10 2012 09:01 Toadesstern wrote:
This game is bullshit. How do you go from **vote foru to

Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 08:51 Bill Murray wrote:
Forumite's appeal to me to unvote him (though implied) shall be heard at this time.
I will be honoring my word as a man, and voting Shady Sands.
Z-BosoN is town, as is Toad, and possibly Forumite.
This I have decreed.


I have decreed that I will hence forth be known as Toad, the Confused because this is giving me headaches.

Why can't vigs just claim 5secs prior to deadline (that is if what Grush posted is truely the case) like they are supposed to do... Would make things way easier to figure out, especially in a game without notifications.

See you tomorrow... need to reread A LOT

He probably went through his own filter and found that he had said something like:
Henceforth I will make town vote on Shady Sands or myself.
Not trolling.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 10 2012 00:14 GMT
#1615
soooo what i dont understand zaboson about that is why would him successfully figuring out austin is blue, make bill murry town?

austin just got killed lol, why is bm all like "hey bros i knew he was the vigilante trolol"

i mean for all we know austin would have shot someone last night but got roleblocked because someone like bm figured out he was the givbilante?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
September 10 2012 00:15 GMT
#1616
i am going to pust at least once per hour in the thread from noow until i amdone with work at seven am

lets see how this goes
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 10 2012 00:24 GMT
#1617
Basically he's screaming out loud he knows austin is blue. Given how he was addressing austin, and the crumbs, it sounds reasonable, and is confirmed with this quote:

Seems really inactive, however, so I'm not calling off a potential vig shot there... *looks at austin*


Which is made AFTER night 1. However, his "crumbs", were made BEFORE night one, as were his other posts. If he actually suspected austin being blue, as mafia, it would be extremely advantageous to outright kill austin. He would be catching a blue in day one. I don't believe mafia would have the balls to note this and still not kill austin.

My only concern is the possibility of him just leaving crumbs everywhere with his random comments. If you note, there's a lot of stuff you basically can't understand.

I'm inclined to believe BM, however, because from his filter he clearly treated austin differently, something in which he did not do with anybody else. My questions are only to avoid this "random crumbing" theory I have, because otherwise that should be like a 95% clear.


Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 10 2012 00:26 GMT
#1618
Wait, if you shoot a vigilante, does his kills still go through?
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
September 10 2012 00:27 GMT
#1619
On September 10 2012 09:01 Toadesstern wrote:
This game is bullshit. How do you go from **vote foru to

Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 08:51 Bill Murray wrote:
Forumite's appeal to me to unvote him (though implied) shall be heard at this time.
I will be honoring my word as a man, and voting Shady Sands.
Z-BosoN is town, as is Toad, and possibly Forumite.
This I have decreed.


I have decreed that I will hence forth be known as Toad, the Confused because this is giving me headaches.

Why can't vigs just claim 5secs prior to deadline (that is if what Grush posted is truely the case) like they are supposed to do... Would make things way easier to figure out, especially in a game without notifications.

See you tomorrow... need to reread A LOT


Multi-shot vig shouldn't be claiming shots like that. However, if you're down to your last shot, I'd recommend claiming it early to prevent kp stacks or docs blocking town KP. Maybe the doc/jk would disagree and maybe its the scum vig, but I'd rather protect against scum factional KP if possible. (This all goes to shit if there's another suicide bomber...but I don't see that being likely)
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
September 10 2012 00:28 GMT
#1620
EBWOP: nvm..forgot about roleblocker bleh.
Prev 1 79 80 81 82 83 147 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 201
ProTech142
BRAT_OK 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17112
Leta 1083
Shuttle 462
Horang2 237
firebathero 131
Trap 131
Zeus 82
Hyun 55
soO 48
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 33
Rock 26
scan(afreeca) 20
Bishop 15
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
qojqva1644
Dendi1489
420jenkins456
Counter-Strike
fl0m4138
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu339
Other Games
Grubby1485
Beastyqt665
FrodaN633
KnowMe218
Hui .186
Livibee136
QueenE81
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick391
StarCraft 2
angryscii 10
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 43
• printf 34
• Adnapsc2 19
• Hinosc 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach114
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix17
• Michael_bg 12
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1597
Other Games
• Shiphtur618
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 36m
Patches Events
21h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.