• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War15.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202619Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10099 users

TL Mafia LVII - Page 80

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 147 Next
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 09 2012 22:00 GMT
#1581
Here it goes... I don't think the odds of me dying this night are that high, but I don't think they are null. Here's what I think is important.
Hapahauli
First off, I have a town read on Hapa.
I was initially a bit suspicious of him when he started pointing fingers at me along with austin. That felt unnecessary at the time, besides being a little weird. He starts of by defending me, and suddenly he's asking me questions. It didn't feel natural for someone who mentioned he had a town read on me.
Then, after agreeing that my "basing yourself on GK" arguments were stupid, he actually mentioned them again later on, once he said he "lifted his town-read on me", even though they were reasonable and he had actually agreed with them.
This made me think he was scum that took the first chance he got to go after me.
Also, his Rewok -> Shiaopi switch earlier this night seemed like a "look at me, I'm an undecisive townie", and at that time I was almost certain he was scum, but I didn't bring it up because
But then... he made it a point to mention I was town once again. This would seem rather stupid and unnecessary as scum, as for a scum, austin's ticket to condemning me would seem perfect for him. This strongly makes me think he is townie. Either that, or for some reason, he thought it would seem too unnatural for him to switch like that, but I don't think that is scum rationale and given how much he's posting I will give him the benefit of the doubt. So, at least until the endgame, if he doesn't die without saves, consider him townie.
In the unlikely scenario that I die and he doesn't, however (again, without considering saves and roleblocks and whatnot), be very aware that him unnecessarily saying I'm town would be perfect to kill me and give him town points. Otherwise, he's town until proven guilty.

Toadsstern: I don't like his good-bye post. I don't like his "i'm not saying anything on S&B yet for a reason. However, if his tell on forumite proves itself true, it's almost certain he's town. " The best bus in TL history" involved him and VE going like maddogs after eachother, OMGUSing themselves to death. This seems way too different, so I don't think they both can be scum. I don't think they both can be townie as well. The amount of certainty in which he displays towards forumite is too high for a townie, unless this townie is absolutely certain of what he's saying, especially on something based on meta (which I think is the case). Should he live until the end, however, be thrice as suspicious.

Lurkers: One of the lurkers is almost certainly scum. Vigi not wasting his shot N1 is VERY weird, considering what toad said with the +EV and (because should a vigi die, a shot would be wasted). And who was absent during this game?? LVDR/MKFUBA. I think it's very important you guys consider this, as, if you remember, mafia is missing 2 kp. 2 medic's saves is UNLIKELY as hell, so a very reasonable explanation is that LVDR/FUBA IS SCUM VIGI AND DIDN'T SHOOT ON N1. Consider him a top lynch choice going into D3. (if it's possible that someone else could have given the vigi shot in his stead, then, ignore this, because I honestly don't know).

I don't know what to say about the rest. S&B seems suspicious as hell. Shady Sands seems suspicious as hell. But given how many more players there are that are non-contributive and useless, I don't think this is a strong scumtell. I don't like grush. I don't like Bill Murray. And I cant make a case on these because they are useless and random in their posting.

That's about it, hope I don't die, and hope this is helpful.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 09 2012 22:02 GMT
#1582
Day 3 rises


[image loading]

austinmcc the town Vigilante has been murdered in some insane fashion

hapahauli the Vanilla townie got owned in the face


It is now day 3, you have 48 hours to decide the lynch


DoYouHas has been replaced by mementoss

Computer says mafia
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 09 2012 22:04 GMT
#1583
Awwww, I always expected to go in a sane fashion

gg
Fe fi fo fum.
grush57
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2582 Posts
September 09 2012 22:06 GMT
#1584
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LETS LYNCH...................................................................................................................................................................................

ForUmITe1@!@#!@#!@#
"Every thing is either simply awful or awfully simple." | "Weaklings can't pick... their way of death."
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 09 2012 22:13 GMT
#1585
Omg, he was such an obvious target, I even hinted him here:

Also, keep in mind that if you are town, the odds of you dying are high, so right now is the time to get shit done


Cmon medic/jk.... I honestly hope you didn't save a vet. Mafia is still missing one kp. They are either saving their vigi shot, or the shot got blocked tonight...

Hapa
I would have gone with you being town 98% had we both lived... shit! GG

@austin: I hope you realize the error of your ways once I come up as townie... you are too biased when making reads man!

Let's not go too fast on forumite. Mafia is still missing a shot.
Also, no vets died, this strikes me as very weird.

Let me think about this.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
September 09 2012 22:17 GMT
#1586
Why are we missing 2 mafia KP Z-Boson? I only remember one:

Ottox got (probably) shot by a townvig
BM24 got (probably) bombed by the suicidebomber
BC got single-stacked by GK according to BKE
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
imallinson
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3482 Posts
September 09 2012 22:20 GMT
#1587
On September 10 2012 07:17 Toadesstern wrote:
Why are we missing 2 mafia KP Z-Boson? I only remember one:

Ottox got (probably) shot by a townvig
BM24 got (probably) bombed by the suicidebomber
BC got single-stacked by GK according to BKE


He is assuming a mafia vig. Given that there are only two dead from last night I'm starting to think that isn't the case.
Liquipedia
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 09 2012 22:27 GMT
#1588
Yea I was assuming there was a mafia vig.
I forgot that not all of the roles are necessarily present =/
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 09 2012 22:33 GMT
#1589
GG town!
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 22:36 GMT
#1590
OK THIS CLEARS ME
NOTICE MY EARLY PRESSURE OF AUSTINMCC
HE WOULD HAVE DIED ALREADY
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 22:42 GMT
#1591
On September 04 2012 19:37 Bill Murray wrote:
austinmc aka autismnc

I BROUGHT HIM UP AS A JOKE

On September 06 2012 07:06 Bill Murray wrote:
Austinmcc, what is your read on the Ottoxlol situation? His theories are over the top, right? What does that show about his alignment? Why?

then i filtered him, and i was like, holy fuck this guy has 3 wall posts and is the most obvious blue I HAVE EVER SEEN

but i didnt want to give it away, so i decided to engage him in questioning, as seen above

On September 06 2012 07:21 Bill Murray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 07:18 austinmcc wrote:
On September 06 2012 07:06 Bill Murray wrote:
Austinmcc, what is your read on the Ottoxlol situation? His theories are over the top, right? What does that show about his alignment? Why?
Looking through his profile, I see his only other game was LIII. So he's at least played, although not with me. But he knows that some of the people in this game played that game, he played with them, he knows they are competent individuals with functioning brains.

It's the first time I've ever seen someone cling to something absolutely wrong in this manner. I have posted paranoid rants in two games, stuck by them for a while as possibilities, gotten upset if people wouldn't consider them as possibilities, but I didn't get like this.

Right now (and if Matt flips scum I will be more certain of the read) I can't help but read the whole thing like this:
  • Matt got caught
  • Ottoxlol tried to save him, without realizing how bad an idea it was
  • Ottoxlol shortly realized how bad an idea it was
  • A decent scum player told him right after he got caught looking very odd that he couldn't back off his defense, because then he'd look even scummier
  • So he went full bore nuts, and that's why he won't listen to anyone or anything


It doesn't feel like he's just obtuse. At some point he'd get the message. It feels like he's clinging to this.

Do me a favor, and go read Gravan's filter as if he were a scum idiot

and then i encourage him to scumhunt, which he does. It was awesome. My questioning lead to him posting a little more, which may have bought him another cycle. IDK. Regardless, notice how I'm trying to get him to engage me in more scumhunting? I have no suspicion of him at all, not only do I figure he's town, I know he's blue/red, and I'm leaning blue at this point. He's not acting as per his townie meta, and he looks blue as shit versus being scum. He could be scum here, but that's why I'm questioning him at all, really, to see how he will react.

Well, he reacted well, so I, as above, asked him about Gravan

On September 06 2012 08:34 Bill Murray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 08:32 austinmcc wrote:
On September 06 2012 08:27 Bill Murray wrote:
ohhhh i get the bm/bm/bc thing now
yeah we're the 3 most obvious pro-town... regardless of alignment
possibly toad or even hapahauli... austinmcc is very pro-town as well, but i'd like to see more one liners from him


On September 06 2012 08:25 Bill Murray wrote:
If Gravan gets vigged (lord willing) and flips scum, do you see any conclusions we can draw from it?
Yes, that the scum team is trolling, because that would mean that they've all dun goofed hard.

If matt claimed nosy neighbor AND ottoxlol defended him like he did AND gravan didn't check QT or nobody put something in QT saying "EVERYONE SHUT UP AND VOTE MATT," then I have a hard time believing there's a ... scum leader? I assume some of the players in this game have played real nice scum games, where they sort of orchestrated everyone's moves. If Ottoxlol and Gravan are both scum, then I have a difficult time believing that scum has such a player. At the very least that guy should be running damage control after Matt and ottoxlol make themselves obvious.


if their "leader" is someone who is really into policy like Forumite or Toad then I could see a breakdown like this

Without an overseer, you cannot see Dark Templar. Capiche?

Notice how I'm FoS the "top scum" who is likely Forumite
I don't think it's Toad - pretty sure he's town as per meta by now... he's just such a good player, that I'm wary of him.
Back on track, and off tangent, the bolded line above is me saying "hey, you're blue, but don't worry about me... im not scum"
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 22:43 GMT
#1592
##Vote Forumite
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
September 09 2012 22:44 GMT
#1593
I actually like Shady Sand's Hapahauli vote. If Hapahauli takes off, I will definitely join.
I also found something from Sloosh that makes me not really care about him as much.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
grush57
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2582 Posts
September 09 2012 22:47 GMT
#1594
On September 10 2012 07:44 Bill Murray wrote:
I actually like Shady Sand's Hapahauli vote. If Hapahauli takes off, I will definitely join.
I also found something from Sloosh that makes me not really care about him as much.

He died..................................
THEREFORE SOMEONE VIGGIED HIM AND YOU ARE MAFIA AND DIDNT REALIZE
"Every thing is either simply awful or awfully simple." | "Weaklings can't pick... their way of death."
imallinson
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3482 Posts
September 09 2012 22:52 GMT
#1595
On September 10 2012 07:47 grush57 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 07:44 Bill Murray wrote:
I actually like Shady Sand's Hapahauli vote. If Hapahauli takes off, I will definitely join.
I also found something from Sloosh that makes me not really care about him as much.

He died..................................
THEREFORE SOMEONE VIGGIED HIM AND YOU ARE MAFIA AND DIDNT REALIZE

Is that actually a scumslip or is he just too lazy to read the day post?
Liquipedia
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
September 09 2012 22:58 GMT
#1596
I get the feeling that scum decided on those nightkills very close to the deadline, since Hapa and austinmcc dropped suspicions on BM, Toades and me right before dying.

About Toades case on me, I´ve been busy and haven´t been putting much effort into the game. Yes, I´m more cautious than my usual meta, which unfortunately puts me closer to how I behaved in Wheel of Fortune Mafia, my scumteam kept a low profile while town lynched eachother, this tactic worked well in that game. There´s not much more to say except that I have some serious rereading to do.
:3
grush57
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2582 Posts
September 09 2012 23:06 GMT
#1597
On September 10 2012 07:58 Forumite wrote:
I get the feeling that scum decided on those nightkills very close to the deadline, since Hapa and austinmcc dropped suspicions on BM, Toades and me right before dying.

About Toades case on me, I´ve been busy and haven´t been putting much effort into the game. Yes, I´m more cautious than my usual meta, which unfortunately puts me closer to how I behaved in Wheel of Fortune Mafia, my scumteam kept a low profile while town lynched eachother, this tactic worked well in that game. There´s not much more to say except that I have some serious rereading to do.


i BELIEVE!
"Every thing is either simply awful or awfully simple." | "Weaklings can't pick... their way of death."
grush57
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2582 Posts
September 09 2012 23:06 GMT
#1598
On September 10 2012 07:52 imallinson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2012 07:47 grush57 wrote:
On September 10 2012 07:44 Bill Murray wrote:
I actually like Shady Sand's Hapahauli vote. If Hapahauli takes off, I will definitely join.
I also found something from Sloosh that makes me not really care about him as much.

He died..................................
THEREFORE SOMEONE VIGGIED HIM AND YOU ARE MAFIA AND DIDNT REALIZE

Is that actually a scumslip or is he just too lazy to read the day post?

Idk bm didn't respond so might actually be a scumslip.
"Every thing is either simply awful or awfully simple." | "Weaklings can't pick... their way of death."
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 09 2012 23:19 GMT
#1599
On September 10 2012 07:58 Forumite wrote:
I get the feeling that scum decided on those nightkills very close to the deadline, since Hapa and austinmcc dropped suspicions on BM, Toades and me right before dying.

About Toades case on me, I´ve been busy and haven´t been putting much effort into the game. Yes, I´m more cautious than my usual meta, which unfortunately puts me closer to how I behaved in Wheel of Fortune Mafia, my scumteam kept a low profile while town lynched eachother, this tactic worked well in that game. There´s not much more to say except that I have some serious rereading to do.


What? BS!! Hapa and I agreed early in the night that at least one vet is scum. It's not like all of a sudden some real dirt came from them just before the deadline... yea you definitely have some reading to do
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
September 09 2012 23:22 GMT
#1600
On September 10 2012 07:44 Bill Murray wrote:
I actually like Shady Sand's Hapahauli vote. If Hapahauli takes off, I will definitely join.
I also found something from Sloosh that makes me not really care about him as much.


I'm sure you like playing games.
Which one is your favorite?
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 147 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 273
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30663
Calm 6579
Rain 1800
Bisu 1530
Jaedong 761
Horang2 619
FanTaSy 403
BeSt 357
Rush 336
Stork 264
[ Show more ]
Soma 248
Zeus 192
Mini 172
Larva 130
Light 128
Free 119
Snow 116
ZerO 103
Barracks 86
Pusan 86
Mong 82
Mind 80
910 78
Killer 59
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 35
NaDa 29
Shinee 28
Sexy 28
Hm[arnc] 17
sorry 17
Noble 16
Aegong 14
Terrorterran 9
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6326
Counter-Strike
fl0m2399
olofmeister1066
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Other Games
gofns31742
singsing2089
B2W.Neo681
dupreeh422
crisheroes283
Lowko279
hiko209
RotterdaM30
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3266
• Jankos2562
Other Games
• WagamamaTV193
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 26m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 26m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.