• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:37
CEST 10:37
KST 17:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7202 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXVII - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 78 Next
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 18 2012 07:34 GMT
#121
On September 18 2012 16:07 thrawn2112 wrote:
stop telling me what to do

[image loading]

I didn't answer a question that wasn't directed at me. I was participating in the current discussion.


You were answering accusations towards Kush. You don't see why that is a bad idea?


On September 18 2012 16:07 thrawn2112 wrote:
And no I don't want you to explain what happened during xxvi because unlike you claimed, I was paying attention that game because I played in it lol. You were onbaord with the list idea, in fact I think you were the one who suggested it in the first place. Then I immediately pointed out was a bad idea and something that scum could use to blend in without having to commit to reads, and hey, surprise, you ended up flipping scum. Now you are here in a new game, once again suggesting some useless idea that will do nothing but spam up the thread with stuff that's almost impossible to base reads off of.


You want to accuse me, but you still don't want me to explain? You're not giving my argument a fair representation. I still think lists is a good idea if they're limited to your ~3 top suspects AND include your reasoning. That way it's easy to follow a player's thought process through the thread wrt to his key reads (instead of reads being blended into a wall of text, hi there Jacob). That's what I suggested. And you're suggesting I was hiding behind lists. I never made any long ass lists, which a lot of other players did.

Again, we don't need a list discussion. Just post your suspects along with your reasoning in any way you like. But make sure to make those posts clear.

On September 18 2012 16:07 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 15:12 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
On September 18 2012 11:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Yeah I agree, there's not much else to add other than that lurkers are assholes and they are going to lurk whether there is strong support of a lurker lynch policy or not... especially in these newbie games.

So on to more important matters, here's an idea:

last person in the thread gets lynched

discuss?


Is this question serious?



Yep. [/QUOTE]

So this was serious? It's a mind numbingly stupid idea. Unless you're scum and suggest it for an easy d1 town lynch. It's very easy to coordinate your scum team not to be the last one in the thread and you get away with an easy lynch. Since you don't seem mind numbingly stupid and it was a serious idea, it's scummy.
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 18 2012 07:37 GMT
#122
On September 18 2012 16:24 rethos wrote:
@Sonic Death Monkey do you have past games in which you have been town? Could you link me? 2 or 3 would be great.


I've played only one game on TL (scum). I've only played one other game, about 3 years ago (also scum).
rethos
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania103 Posts
September 18 2012 07:58 GMT
#123
On September 18 2012 16:25 rethos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 16:07 thrawn2112 wrote:
On September 18 2012 15:40 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
On September 18 2012 12:36 thrawn2112 wrote:
On September 18 2012 12:25 RemedySC wrote:

We have to start somewhere, so I'll post a theory.

On September 18 2012 11:18 kushm4sta wrote:
I am so fucking sick of lurkers from last game.
#1 They make the game shittier regardless of if they are scum.
#2 They are 100% null reads all game long. You ask them a question and of course they aren't going to responsd because they post like 1 thing a day and dont even read the thread.
#3 It gives scum safe people to accuse.
Most of the time they aren't mafia but in the 2 games I played both of them had semi-lurker mafia.

Lurker Policy: LYNCH ALL LURKERS, semilurkers at the top of the lynch list if we don't have a very strong scumread to bandwagon.


Kushm4sta, you say that it gives scum safe people to accuse, and I agree with that point, but your comment in your policy looks like it would fit that point. It would be pretty safe for a mafia if they were able to convince people to lynch lurkers.

So you agree with his point about lurkers. There isn't much room for argument when it comes down to the reasoning behind lurker policy, there is no sane player that will say "lurkers are pro-town." So him having that anti-lurker opinion is not anything that would be a strong tell in either the town or mafia direction. He would have it as town, and he would "pretend" to have it as mafia. I don't see his post as anything indicative of him as scum trying to blend in by saying normal things.

On September 18 2012 12:25 RemedySC wrote:Also Thrawn pointed out your contradiction.

He did give a reasonable response to my post... but kush I'd like to ask you, how would you feel about specifically me only posting once per cycle?


A good policy, however, is to not answer questions intended for someone else. Whether accusations are valid or not they may induce interesting reactions, so please stop defending other players.


stop telling me what to do

[image loading]

I didn't answer a question that wasn't directed at me. I was participating in the current discussion.

And no I don't want you to explain what happened during xxvi because unlike you claimed, I was paying attention that game because I played in it lol. You were onbaord with the list idea, in fact I think you were the one who suggested it in the first place. Then I immediately pointed out was a bad idea and something that scum could use to blend in without having to commit to reads, and hey, surprise, you ended up flipping scum. Now you are here in a new game, once again suggesting some useless idea that will do nothing but spam up the thread with stuff that's almost impossible to base reads off of.

On September 18 2012 15:46 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
Back to my question to you:

On September 18 2012 15:12 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
On September 18 2012 11:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Yeah I agree, there's not much else to add other than that lurkers are assholes and they are going to lurk whether there is strong support of a lurker lynch policy or not... especially in these newbie games.

So on to more important matters, here's an idea:

last person in the thread gets lynched

discuss?


Is this question serious?



Yep.


Please explain why do you think that is a good idea.


EBWOP: also clarify what "last" means to you.
Flash is a beast... And we love it this way
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 18 2012 08:00 GMT
#124
On September 18 2012 16:34 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 16:07 thrawn2112 wrote:
stop telling me what to do

[image loading]

I didn't answer a question that wasn't directed at me. I was participating in the current discussion.


You were answering accusations towards Kush. You don't see why that is a bad idea?

I can see how it is bad to answer questions but I'm just not liking how much you like to tell people exactly what to do. Being "thread-cop" bascially. It's not necessarily scummy I just don't like it lol.


On September 18 2012 16:34 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:You want to accuse me, but you still don't want me to explain? You're not giving my argument a fair representation. I still think lists is a good idea if they're limited to your ~3 top suspects AND include your reasoning. That way it's easy to follow a player's thought process through the thread wrt to his key reads (instead of reads being blended into a wall of text, hi there Jacob). That's what I suggested. And you're suggesting I was hiding behind lists. I never made any long ass lists, which a lot of other players did.

Again, we don't need a list discussion. Just post your suspects along with your reasoning in any way you like. But make sure to make those posts clear.


All I wanna say about lists/survey is this: you suggested list making in xxvi and I thought it was a scummy idea and you ended up being scum that game. Now you are suggesting another idea that I think is scummy and to me it's very similar to the xxvi situation.

On September 18 2012 16:34 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:So this was serious? It's a mind numbingly stupid idea. Unless you're scum and suggest it for an easy d1 town lynch. It's very easy to coordinate your scum team not to be the last one in the thread and you get away with an easy lynch. Since you don't seem mind numbingly stupid and it was a serious idea, it's scummy.


Yeah it was a serious question and no of course I don't think it's a good idea. I was trying to move the discussion past the mostly useless lurker policy talk circlejerk while providing easy bait for scum to jump at. I kinda failed in the first aspect but you seem to have jumped at the bait stronger than anyone else.

fos sonic
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 18 2012 08:13 GMT
#125
rethos I think I answered your question in my last post, is there anything else you want me to say about about it?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
rethos
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania103 Posts
September 18 2012 08:20 GMT
#126
On September 18 2012 17:13 thrawn2112 wrote:
rethos I think I answered your question in my last post, is there anything else you want me to say about about it?

No... I was just curious why would someone propose such an idea. It seems (don't get offended) highly stupid. But I guess your reasoning makes sense.

It really sucks that SDM does not have a town game. It would help us a lot with reading him and seeing if he just likes lists a lot or if that is his way of trying to look useful in mafia games.
Flash is a beast... And we love it this way
rethos
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania103 Posts
September 18 2012 11:17 GMT
#127
People what are your opinions on the case against SDM? We need to get some discussions going. From the lack of activity i guess this might be night-time for US but i am sure we have other people except me that are not from US.

My opinion: from looking on SDM's filter in the last game he seems to like doing everything organized. That is ofcourse used by him as scum to make it like he's contributing. It does seem though to be a different type of "lists".

I do agree that the survey is preatty much useless even though i answered it just to at least keep some conversation going. It does depend on the reason why SDM made the survey in the first place. I have multiple answers in mind for this and some are scummy some are not (in my opinion). I will ofcourse not discolse them untill he answers the question.

@SDM what was your reason / thought process on creating the said survey?

As for thrawn2112 idea that SDM jumped too hard on his proposal, that seems a bit of a weak point to me seing that i also was jumping on it but a bit more tactful by asking you first to clarify it. It just looks like too weird an idea to just leave it alone.

We need to not let the game die, please people post some thoughts.
Flash is a beast... And we love it this way
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 18 2012 11:27 GMT
#128
@stutters I want to improve my play because last game I sucked quite hard. anyone can attest to that lol. I also don't want to be the best town because getting nk sucks imo. I like being around for the end of the game. I'm just being honest. but thanks for accusing me because it makes it less likely that ill be nk, since scum usually kill the towniest person.

what I said about flame wars.. that is what I did in the last two previous games. for instance drazak accused me really hard and I basically just called him a bad player again and again. I am trying to avoid that this game though.

I really hate waking up to people fosing me...feels bad
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 18 2012 11:56 GMT
#129
[b]In regards to thrawn's attack on sonic for his survey:
@Sonic: Yeah that was based on mine, but I dont think to make a list and say "answer these or you're scum" is very productive. What I put up was just some suggestions for newer players to have something to talk about. I notice newbies never really know what to say d1.

@Thrawn: I don't think sonic's survey is particularly scummy. He did the same thing last game. He was scum last game, sure, but I think it's just his MO for day one, scum or town.
Also here is why I think sonic is town. I'm putting my reasoning in spoilers because admittedly it's pretty dumb:
[spoiler]He was scum for the last 2 games. Do you really think marv would make him scum 3rd game in a row? It's possible but just feels unlikely to me.[/spoiler]
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 18 2012 11:57 GMT
#130
ebwop nnoooo my spoiler got fcked up
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 18 2012 11:59 GMT
#131
Ok I have time for a quick post.

*facepalm* ok kush... the only reason you would get night killed is if you contribute to the thread in a meaningful way. Being scared of an Nk will only make you not contribute meaningfully and end up useless.

There isn’t much by way of reads to go on yet but because of what’s happened I can list the top suspicions I have.

Sonic is here because he is a freaking genius and the whole list thing is always a strange topic. I also can’t help but notice he side mentions me in his post in reply to thrawn.

On September 18 2012 16:34 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
You want to accuse me, but you still don't want me to explain? You're not giving my argument a fair representation. I still think lists is a good idea if they're limited to your ~3 top suspects AND include your reasoning. That way it's easy to follow a player's thought process through the thread wrt to his key reads (instead of reads being blended into a wall of text, hi there Jacob). That's what I suggested. And you're suggesting I was hiding behind lists. I never made any long ass lists, which a lot of other players did.


While I haven’t seen your town meta I notice you did this all of last game (side mentioning people and not making it obvious you were going at them) and ended up scum. On the flip side (yes I am doing this again) I doubt you would draw this much attention to yourself early considering what happened last game concerning lists. Also the survey while I did it was mostly pointless... unless it was purely designed to trap scum with that last question. (Which while it would be hilarious if it worked is unlikely)

Thrawn, Lynch the last person in the thread are you serious? That’s like.... stupid.... even as a way to encourage discussion the likelihood if hitting scum in that scenario would be really low compared to finding people based on reads or even inactivity. It would only create discussion that would be as effective as just picking a random person.

As for Drazak and Kush I am still unsure. They OMGUS each other so much it’s insane. (Almost as much as I do...) Admittedly it could be an attempt by kush to stir up trouble so I will have to watch these two closely. (Also I don’t think drazak was a trash town last game I mostly thought he was town until he cracked under pressure)

Everyone else I am meh on at the moment. Not enough to go on as most don’t have a meta or have said anything of use.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
September 18 2012 12:20 GMT
#132
Still lurking:
Atreides
CUBU (sigh this again...)

I'm afk for a while do to class.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
rethos
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania103 Posts
September 18 2012 13:02 GMT
#133
On September 18 2012 20:56 kushm4sta wrote:
[b]In regards to thrawn's attack on sonic for his survey:
@Sonic: Yeah that was based on mine, but I dont think to make a list and say "answer these or you're scum" is very productive. What I put up was just some suggestions for newer players to have something to talk about. I notice newbies never really know what to say d1.

@Thrawn: I don't think sonic's survey is particularly scummy. He did the same thing last game. He was scum last game, sure, but I think it's just his MO for day one, scum or town.
Also here is why I think sonic is town. I'm putting my reasoning in spoilers because admittedly it's pretty dumb:
[spoiler]He was scum for the last 2 games. Do you really think marv would make him scum 3rd game in a row? It's possible but just feels unlikely to me.[/spoiler]

That only holds any weight if the roles are not chosen randomly.
Flash is a beast... And we love it this way
rethos
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania103 Posts
September 18 2012 13:06 GMT
#134
On September 18 2012 20:56 kushm4sta wrote:
[b]In regards to thrawn's attack on sonic for his survey:
@Sonic: Yeah that was based on mine, but I dont think to make a list and say "answer these or you're scum" is very productive. What I put up was just some suggestions for newer players to have something to talk about. I notice newbies never really know what to say d1.

@Thrawn: I don't think sonic's survey is particularly scummy. He did the same thing last game. He was scum last game, sure, but I think it's just his MO for day one, scum or town.
Also here is why I think sonic is town. I'm putting my reasoning in spoilers because admittedly it's pretty dumb:
[spoiler]He was scum for the last 2 games. Do you really think marv would make him scum 3rd game in a row? It's possible but just feels unlikely to me.[/spoiler]

Why do you base your opinion on something that you admit is dumb?
Flash is a beast... And we love it this way
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 18 2012 13:42 GMT
#135
To me, thrawn is giving a town read at this point.

+ Show Spoiler +
thrawn2112

Yeah I agree, there's not much else to add other than that lurkers are assholes and they are going to lurk whether there is strong support of a lurker lynch policy or not... especially in these newbie games.

So on to more important matters, here's an idea:

last person in the thread gets lynched


A couple of you (SDM for instance) are concentrating at how stupid an idea lynching the last person is. Let's look at motivations for this:
1) Thrawn as town - prevent the lurker discussion from going overboard. Present an idea that should provoke an "you're an idiot" response from town members (with a long shot of some mafia jumping on him about the idea).
2) Thrawn as mafia - Put up an idea that a thinking town would take seriously, make himself look suspcicious. Possibly lynch the most inactive player if it works.

The idea has far superior town motives.

remember that Thrawn didn't linger on the idea. He dropped it after the responses were pretty clear on it. SDM did

+ Show Spoiler +
Sonic Death Monkey Sweden. September 18 2012 15:12.

Is this question serious?


I think Thrawn has sufficiently answered the question.

I also believe that thrawn's defense of kush earlier was not indicative of scum.
+ Show Spoiler +
thrawn2112 United States. September 18 2012 12:36. Posts 1077
So him having that anti-lurker opinion is not anything that would be a strong tell in either the town or mafia direction


The argument that Remedy was more of a shot in the dark, seeing as all of us hate lurkers. Thrawn dismissed a possibly dumb argument before a giant flame war started (kush did give warning earlier).

I also support thrawn's logic with drazak:
+ Show Spoiler +
thrawn2112 United States. September 18 2012 14:45. Posts 1077
On September 18 2012 13:49 drazak wrote:
I'm already accused of being trashy town? Really Kush? Man, you're prejudiced right off the bat. I know you can post while you're at work and stuff, but I can't post in class and I can't post when I'm tutoring people. If you'd like I can sleep-post and it'll be really bad. Sorry if my posts last game weren't up to your posting standard kush.

For the record, I might not post consistently at different times, and maybe I'll push agressively against someone, my reasons will usually be good. I'd ask that people use their own logic after reading my posts, look at the evidence provided and use your logic. Last game we had a lot of people not thinking for themselves, I'll be going to bed soon so don't expect another post from me. I'll probably post in the morning, and I think I'll post before tutoring, but I don't think I'll be posting until maybe this time tomorrow again after that.


My thoughts while reading this: "man this guy is going out of his way to defend himself when there's no need to"


Thrawn is currently not timid about calling people out within reason.
To add to the argument, drazak's post also sounds indecisive. might, maybe, probably, think. While that alone is not anywhere near enough to condemn someone, it does raise suspicion on drazak.

I think thrawn is town. Anyone with evidence pointing otherwise, please present.
Cubu
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1171 Posts
September 18 2012 13:43 GMT
#136
sorry i'm late for the game, i got impatient because it was taking ages for the game to start. And i believe in the previous game, i wasn't a lurker but in a bad poster so no kustm4sta its not "this again".

On September 18 2012 15:22 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
Maffia XXVII survey (not filling it in will make you look scummy):

1. Will you be around for lynch time?
2. How active do you plan on being?
3. How many games have you obsed?
4. Is this your first game playing?
5. If not, how many games have you played?
6. Is this your first time playing as scum?


1. Unless the lynch time is like 12~9am, i will be around for the lynch

2. I have a phone to read the posts but it is a really cheap phone so i won't be able to type (i can type on it but it takes ages just to write a line because my fingers are bigger than the touchboard buttons). But i will be able to post every night.

3. None

4. Second time

5. 1

6. lol i see what you did there.

Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 18 2012 13:45 GMT
#137
On September 18 2012 17:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 16:34 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
On September 18 2012 16:07 thrawn2112 wrote:
stop telling me what to do

[image loading]

I didn't answer a question that wasn't directed at me. I was participating in the current discussion.


You were answering accusations towards Kush. You don't see why that is a bad idea?

I can see how it is bad to answer questions but I'm just not liking how much you like to tell people exactly what to do. Being "thread-cop" bascially. It's not necessarily scummy I just don't like it lol.


If you think it's annoying that I point out anti-town behaviour I think you just need to get used to it.


On September 18 2012 17:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 16:34 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
You want to accuse me, but you still don't want me to explain? You're not giving my argument a fair representation. I still think lists is a good idea if they're limited to your ~3 top suspects AND include your reasoning. That way it's easy to follow a player's thought process through the thread wrt to his key reads (instead of reads being blended into a wall of text, hi there Jacob). That's what I suggested. And you're suggesting I was hiding behind lists. I never made any long ass lists, which a lot of other players did.

Again, we don't need a list discussion. Just post your suspects along with your reasoning in any way you like. But make sure to make those posts clear.


All I wanna say about lists/survey is this: you suggested list making in xxvi and I thought it was a scummy idea and you ended up being scum that game. Now you are suggesting another idea that I think is scummy and to me it's very similar to the xxvi situation.


If the 6th question didn't make it clear it wasn't a completely serious survey I don't know what to tell you.


On September 18 2012 17:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 16:34 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
So this was serious? It's a mind numbingly stupid idea. Unless you're scum and suggest it for an easy d1 town lynch. It's very easy to coordinate your scum team not to be the last one in the thread and you get away with an easy lynch. Since you don't seem mind numbingly stupid and it was a serious idea, it's scummy.


Yeah it was a serious question and no of course I don't think it's a good idea. I was trying to move the discussion past the mostly useless lurker policy talk circlejerk while providing easy bait for scum to jump at. I kinda failed in the first aspect but you seem to have jumped at the bait stronger than anyone else.

fos sonic


Why would scum in particular jump at you? It was a stupid post and you got your reactions. Everyone seems to think it's stupid, what's your next step? Please explain. Other than that you're just copying my answer as to why I made my survey post.

It's also funny how you pose a stupid question about lurking in order to bring the discussion past lurking. Explain how that was supposed to work. Seems to me it's only going to bring more stupid discussions about lurking, which is exactly what happened.
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 18 2012 14:10 GMT
#138
On September 18 2012 20:17 rethos wrote:
People what are your opinions on the case against SDM? We need to get some discussions going. From the lack of activity i guess this might be night-time for US but i am sure we have other people except me that are not from US.

My opinion: from looking on SDM's filter in the last game he seems to like doing everything organized. That is ofcourse used by him as scum to make it like he's contributing. It does seem though to be a different type of "lists".

I do agree that the survey is preatty much useless even though i answered it just to at least keep some conversation going. It does depend on the reason why SDM made the survey in the first place. I have multiple answers in mind for this and some are scummy some are not (in my opinion). I will ofcourse not discolse them untill he answers the question.

@SDM what was your reason / thought process on creating the said survey?

As for thrawn2112 idea that SDM jumped too hard on his proposal, that seems a bit of a weak point to me seing that i also was jumping on it but a bit more tactful by asking you first to clarify it. It just looks like too weird an idea to just leave it alone.

We need to not let the game die, please people post some thoughts.


It was a joke inspired by this:

+ Show Spoiler +


Aside from it being a joke and getting the discussion moving, we also gain some information. Knowing how many will be around for EODs is useful. Not for determining who to lynch as implied by thrawn, but for knowing how many votes will be permanent ahead of time. Getting to know the experience of players will also change how I will view some responses. Sure, I could research everyone's maffia history on TL, but I don't really have the time for that.

Now I didn't really make the post because I thought this information was super important, I just made a joke of the series of question in Kush's post (he basically posed all the same questions).
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 18 2012 14:37 GMT
#139
@Sonic

+ Show Spoiler +
Sonic Death Monkey Sweden. September 18 2012 23:10. Posts 345 PM Profile Quote #
filter

It was a joke inspired by this:

+ Show Spoiler +

Aside from it being a joke and getting the discussion moving, we also gain some information. Knowing how many will be around for EODs is useful. Not for determining who to lynch as implied by thrawn, but for knowing how many votes will be permanent ahead of time. Getting to know the experience of players will also change how I will view some responses. Sure, I could research everyone's maffia history on TL, but I don't really have the time for that.

Now I didn't really make the post because I thought this information was super important, I just made a joke of the series of question in Kush's post (he basically posed all the same questions).


First of all, kush already requested that information.

+ Show Spoiler +
kushm4sta United States. September 18 2012 11:18. Posts 302 PM Profile Quote #
filter
On September 18 2012 11:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Yeah I agree, there's not much else to add other than that lurkers are assholes and they are going to lurk whether there is strong support of a lurker lynch policy or not... especially in these newbie games.

So on to more important matters, here's an idea:

last person in the thread gets lynched

discuss?


Terrible idea? Since we prob have liek 3 different time zones.
Biggest lurker gets lynched is a better plan but still not that great.
A lot of noobs are pretty lost about what to do day 1.

Here are my suggestions for discussion topics:
1 discuss lurker policy. I know you are bored with it or whatever, thrawn, but for peopel to say how they feel about lurkers and if they want to lynch them or let them lurk (both are viable strategies imo) gives us a baseline for FOSing people that go back on their lurker policy.
Like what if a scum says lynch all lurkers, then one of the scumbuddies turns out to be the biggest lurker. That puts him in a bad position that he could avoid without lurker policy discussion.

2 I think we should discuss a plan for how to spend time.
Here is my proposed plan: Freely making cases against anyone you think is scum in the first 24 hours of the day, then focusing on a couple of the biggest bandwagons in the second 24 hours.
Do you like this plan or do you have a better one? I would a more systematic scumhunt this game though.

3 Give an introduction of yourself. How experienced are you? Are you a total noob or have you obsed some games?
Very important IMO is will you be around for lynch time? That's 9 pm normal time btw if you are new. How active do you plan on being. Honestly I think once a day is okay IF your posts are good.


+ Show Spoiler +
I didn't really make the post because I thought this information was super important, I just made a joke of the series of question in Kush's post (he basically posed all the same questions).


Here you state yourself that the post was basically worthless. It accomplished the same thing kush's questions did. It's repetition.

Aside from it being a joke and getting the discussion moving


The list did generate some discussion, as did thrawn's lynch the last poster idea by the way

So this was serious? It's a mind numbingly stupid idea. Unless you're scum and suggest it for an easy d1 town lynch. It's very easy to coordinate your scum team not to be the last one in the thread and you get away with an easy lynch. Since you don't seem mind numbingly stupid and it was a serious idea, it's scummy.


Oddly, you want to accuse thrawn for posting something stupid that started discussion, yet you go on and do the same.

FOS Sonic
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 18 2012 14:39 GMT
#140
On September 18 2012 20:59 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Ok I have time for a quick post.

*facepalm* ok kush... the only reason you would get night killed is if you contribute to the thread in a meaningful way. Being scared of an Nk will only make you not contribute meaningfully and end up useless.

There isn’t much by way of reads to go on yet but because of what’s happened I can list the top suspicions I have.

Sonic is here because he is a freaking genius and the whole list thing is always a strange topic. I also can’t help but notice he side mentions me in his post in reply to thrawn.

Show nested quote +
On September 18 2012 16:34 Sonic Death Monkey wrote:
You want to accuse me, but you still don't want me to explain? You're not giving my argument a fair representation. I still think lists is a good idea if they're limited to your ~3 top suspects AND include your reasoning. That way it's easy to follow a player's thought process through the thread wrt to his key reads (instead of reads being blended into a wall of text, hi there Jacob). That's what I suggested. And you're suggesting I was hiding behind lists. I never made any long ass lists, which a lot of other players did.


While I haven’t seen your town meta I notice you did this all of last game (side mentioning people and not making it obvious you were going at them) and ended up scum. On the flip side (yes I am doing this again) I doubt you would draw this much attention to yourself early considering what happened last game concerning lists. Also the survey while I did it was mostly pointless... unless it was purely designed to trap scum with that last question. (Which while it would be hilarious if it worked is unlikely)

Thrawn, Lynch the last person in the thread are you serious? That’s like.... stupid.... even as a way to encourage discussion the likelihood if hitting scum in that scenario would be really low compared to finding people based on reads or even inactivity. It would only create discussion that would be as effective as just picking a random person.

As for Drazak and Kush I am still unsure. They OMGUS each other so much it’s insane. (Almost as much as I do...) Admittedly it could be an attempt by kush to stir up trouble so I will have to watch these two closely. (Also I don’t think drazak was a trash town last game I mostly thought he was town until he cracked under pressure)

Everyone else I am meh on at the moment. Not enough to go on as most don’t have a meta or have said anything of use.


Me mentioning you here had nothing to do with this game, it was wrt your play especially in the first part of last game.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 690
actioN 461
Mong 213
Dewaltoss 109
BeSt 99
Killer 82
sSak 67
Aegong 35
ZergMaN 32
Bale 32
[ Show more ]
NotJumperer 26
sorry 19
yabsab 13
Noble 9
League of Legends
JimRising 470
Counter-Strike
byalli578
Other Games
summit1g9370
olofmeister951
Happy344
Sick184
crisheroes174
KnowMe92
Pyrionflax10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick667
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos907
• Stunt467
Other Games
• WagamamaTV38
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 23m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2h 23m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 23m
Replay Cast
14h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 2h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.